Remember Us

By xoxo_NICOLE_xoxo

College has begun for the 6 amigos! All of them slowly but surely grew apart. They hung around in different g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
...
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
The End

Chapter 23

3.5K 219 38
By xoxo_NICOLE_xoxo

Amir POV

I tried another shot and missed. I was tripping at this point. I missed five open shots in a row! I don't normally do that!

I snatched my T shirt off and grabbed the ball again. I dribbled it a couple of times before attempting to lay it up. It spun around the rim and fell off the edge. My teammates stared at me like I was sick or something.

"Amir I need to see you in my office, NOW!" Coach yelled across the court.

"What's up B? You tweaking or something?" Keith asked me.

"Bro I don't know what's going on. I'm doing everything right." I shook my head. I held my head in the process because it started to hurt. This wasn't normal for me. I never miss.

"Yea everything but shooting, kid." Keith said. I smacked my lips and ran to coach's office.

I never got called to his office. The last guy that got called to his office was Rory Spinks. Rory was the All-American point guard. He never got off the bench again. I don't want to be like Rory.

"Sup coach." I swung in the door.

"Sit your ass down Amir." He pointed to the chair in front of his desk. I sighed as I took a seat. He looked pissed off too. His light skin was now red as a pepper.

"I do something wrong?" Now why did I ask such a dumb question? He looked like he wanted to slap me.

"Amir if I could I would slap the shit out of you! What's going on out there? First you come to practice late and then you put no effort in when you're here. You're acting like you don't love this sport anymore. You know the Bulls are looking at you. This can give you a chance to play for your hometown." Coach said.

To be honest I don't know why my skills just up and changed. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep.

"Coach I'm trying. But I also have a life outside of this. I have a wife I have to keep happy and-"

"Basketball is your wife until you get in the league." Coach cut me off. I stared at him. Spaulding may be his wife but Jordan is mine.

"Look here you ungrateful bastard... I brought this school multiple championships since I been here and never have I complained. And I come to one practice and miss five shots and I have to get a damn meeting! I've had to deal with keeping my grades up to keep this scholarship and still maintain to hit a bucket every second of the game! I don't get paid for this shit! And for you to practically tell me to dedicate my life to basketball is selfish. My life has been basketball since my freshman year! I've held this team together while you sat back and did shit!" I got up and stormed out leaving him to look stupid.

When I walked back to the court everyone was quiet and staring at me.

"Yo Mir. No you did not just snap on George like that." Keith said in disbelief.

"Y'all can kiss his ass but I won't no more. He's selfish and he's only thinking about himself." I grabbed my Nike bag and left.

Fuck the Bulls at this point. If I don't go pro it's only because it wasn't meant to be. Not because I went off on coach. And if them fools knew any better they would start letting his ass know too. We've been going through the same bullshit for four years! That shit gets old.

"Hey baby. You got a girl?" A soft voice whispered in my ear.

"Hoe watch out." I told her and kept walking.

"Mir!" She snapped. I turned to a surprised Jordan. I kind of laughed at how she was looking.

"Baby I ain't know it was you. Come here." I pulled her in and kissed her.

"I think you did but okay." She playfully pouted.

"Where you headed?" I looked at the backpack on her back.

"I'm leaving the library. Why are you out of practice early? I thought it wasn't over till 4." She looked at her watch which said 3:00.

"Long story. Come to my room later and I'll tell you about it." I kissed her lips and walked away. I looked back at her and saw she was walking towards her building.

"You ask too many questions." I sighed.

We were in seventh grade getting ready to throw eggs at people's houses.

"Where are we going?" She whined.

"To get married." I joked. We both fell out in laughter at my silly thought.

"Seriously, I hope we don't get in any trouble. I'm on my second strike at home." She placed one hand on her hip sassily.

"Stop being a cry baby. I'll take the blame if you get in trouble." I shrugged.

"You're such an idiot, Mir." She rolled her eyes as I grabbed a carton of eggs out the refrigerator.

I laughed at the memories Jordan and I had. We were terrible little kids. And when we separated it's like we both got better.

I saw my homie Carly sitting on a bench talking to this girl. She looked rather annoyed. It looked like she was trying to explain something to the girl.

I held my head because it started hurting again. This time is was much worse. I looked back up at Carly but my vision became blurry.

"Carly.." I mumbled out. It's like my world was spinning now and I couldn't keep up. I took another step and fell into the grass.

"Mir!" Carly ran over to me.

"I'm okay." I tried standing up on my own.

"Have you been drinking?" She asked.

"Take me to the hospital." I begged as I held my head from the huge headache I was having.

Carly pov

Once I rushed Amir to the hospital I called up my friends. Now here we are in the waiting room looking pitiful.

"He was missing all of his shots at practice today." Keith shook his head.

"Maybe he needs glasses because he couldn't see. You know that can give you a headache. " Jordan wasn't worried like I was. Maybe because she wasn't there to see Mir fall to the ground helplessly. Mir didn't look like he needed glasses. Mir looked SICK.

"Or maybe it's something else." I spoke out. They all looked at me funny. I mean we have to be real here. Mir has never needed glasses before so why would he need them when he's damn near 24.

"Sick how?" Jordan asked.

"Don't freak out when I tell you guys." I begged them.

"You scaring us. Just say it" Keith said. But before I could say anymore the doctor came out with his clipboard. We all jumped up and rushed him.

"Is he okay?" Jordan asked.

"I found a spot on the left side of his brain. We will need to have immediate surgery in order for it not to spread." The doctor said Jordan's knees got weak and she fell into Keith's arms.

"Take her home." I told Keith. He nodded and carried Jordan out. Felix stood there looking shocked.

"So will he...." I couldn't find the words to say.

"There's a 60% chance this surgery can go well and he be back to his life." The doctor said.

"And what about the other 40%?" I asked curiously. He looked from me to Felix and back to me.

"He may become paralyzed or maybe even death." He said. I covered my mouth and took a seat before I fell out.

"So no more basketball?" Felix asked.

"Not if he wants to end his life on his own without the tumor ending it for him." The doctor said.

"Oh gosh." Felix mumbled. I immediately let a tear fall. This is all happening so fast. He just proposed to the girl of his dreams and now his life is almost over. It's not right!

"I'll keep in contact with you." The doctor pasted my shoulder and walked back through the double doors.

"Yo Carly this is crazy. What is Jordan gonna do without this man? What are we gonna do without our friend?" Felix cried. I wiped my tears and stood up.

"He's gonna be okay Fe." I said. But deep down I didn't know if he was gonna see his wedding day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 83 12
Mature Warning ⚠️ all aged 18 & Over The party consisted of the 6 of them they all shared one dorm room apartment 3 rooms. 6 of them. they made i...
43.7K 1.8K 39
Ryan is 19 and his life had always seemed to be difficult. He cares for his 8 year old sister Sheena and Juggles his, 2nd year of college and a job t...
232K 4K 20
When two boys who've hated each other since youth share a dorm room, things are bond to happen, mistakes are bond to be made and sparks are bond to f...
1.4K 14 20
PSA: This story isn't meant for the feign of heart. It may be triggering in many ways. It deals with physical and emotional abuse, depression, self h...