The SINGLE Moments

By miggymigsvictor

Turning 30, Teddy Stanton, a police officer who's always lived his life abiding the law, is love-strucked and... More

01|Party on a Sunday
02|A Dream & A Fate
03|Fire, Fire, My Heart
05|Roberry, Midnight Talks & Pies
06|Such is Life
07|Dinner for Two
08|Hard Times
09|Give Me Some Love
10|Rose-Colored Boy
11|Issues
12|Honey, Here I Go Again
13|One To Many Punches
14|Officer Teddy Stanton
15|Half A World Away
16|Heartstrings (1/2)
17|Heartstrings (2/2)
18|And Because I Love You
19|Dream of Me
20|The Cosmos Above Us
21|Till Sunrise
22|Annie
23|Drunk and Worried
24|Cold & Broken
25|Stop the World
26|Conflict of Interest
27|If Tommorow Never Comes
28|Just My Type
29|Lonely Officer Teddy

04|A Twist of Fate

162 10 0
By miggymigsvictor

Ever since that awkward but at the same time, magical moment of interacting with another human being without having to resort to eye rolls or scowling. Matt Hoffman, for the first time in years actually and weirdly felt something-not love, duh!- but something that was going there. Affection? Fondness? Or a tender and solemn attachment? Whatever it is, Matt hated it.

He wasn't really one to do all the blushing and stuttering and all those vomit worthy characteristics when people fall in love.

Gah! Love, he said it.

Sighing, Matt indulged himself or rather, forced himself to catch up on some light readings for his next class on monday. Zoning out, again, Matt then remembered those stunning pair of blue eyes that haunted his brain the second he gets lost in his thoughts.
Fuck, he groaned, clossing his eyes and placing a finger over his temple.

Ever since Matt had gone home from that twisting moment at the grocery store, he hadn't been able to catch up on some much needed sleep like he said he would get. Because whenever he was on the brink of sleeping, that moment from the grocery would play back over and over in his head, returning the feelings he had on that moment that ended hours ago.

Concerned he might go nuts over his weird play-backs, he stayed awake and curled himself up on one of his lecture book. Hoping the words would take his mind away and turn up into slumbering.

He failed and there was no escaping those blue eyes that took him to cloud nine, and that body! Gah! Matt slammed his head on there poor wooden table, repeatedly slamming his head in hopes that it will knock some sense into him.

Last he check, he didn't have time for fleeting moments. No matter how incredibly strong and handsome and perfect with those cute and mesmerizing set of blue eyes and that cute but at the same time sinfully handsome face...Matt bolted himself awake as he was, again on the verge of slipping into fantasy land.

"Fucking hell!" Matt cursed, placing his hand on his chin. He wasn't normally like this. Nor did he ever acted like this! He was Matt Hoffman for crying out loud. The guy who made other guys or girls act like this and no one was going to make him act otherwise, no matter how pretty or charming that specific blue eyes beauty was. He wasn't the kind of guy who would daydream about someone, more or less a guy!

Hopeless of getting any sleep or peace of mind, Matt, much on his dismay focused on his books even though his mind was screaming otherwise.

Just admit you got feelings!

Blue eyes and hot muscle bod.

Next time he bump into you it better not be his chest doing the bumpin

"Fuck!"

"Matt, honey? You alright?" Annie asked, walking towards the kitchen and eyed her son with a questioning look. She saw the growing bags under his eyes, his disheveled hair that was sticking out from different directions from pulling he did quite often. Annie was beginning to worry about him.

"Yeah, I'm good, just, catching up on some reading" Matt said but Annie could feel the sarcastic vibe coming from him. Something was bugging him and Annie knew that. She just didn't know what.

"Alright honey. I'll be working overtime later okay?"

"Okay mum, love you" Matt half-smiled, tired eyes watching. Oh boy he got it good.

* **

Matt sat at the back of the class with his signature scowl on his face. He still hadn't slept but he ate a little breakfast that just placed him on a more sour mood. He hated when he couldn't eat when something bothered him.

As the professor spoke mindlessly about ancient Greece, Matt's mind flew, once again to that bloke in the grocery. But this time, he didn't fought with his mind and just let it be. He could use those eyes to think at rather than his professors four eyes.

After playing the scene in the grocery over and over again, Matt wondered if he was going to see him again. Maybe chat with him a little and see how it all play out. Except one problem, Matt wasn't gay and that bloke he bumbed into wasn't either, but why does he has a feeling it's all meant to be? Like a twist of fate, swirling around and messing with your life, but somehow making things work out in the end.

No matter how much Matt wanted fate to play it's part in the moment, he couldn't. He had bills to pay, his mother to take care off and his job and his studies were already playing a major part in his life.

He was busy copying notes when his phone beeped, he fished it out and saw a message from Joey, his bestfriend that he hadn't seen in a few weeks.

'Matty boy! You up for a fight tonight? 1k per round, you up?'

Matt thought about for a minute before replying. He knew his friends intentions were clean considering he knew as much of what Matt's financial status was. But Matt told himself he was a changed person, not entirely, just partially and no way he was going in that road of street fights ever again.

'Sorry bro, can't anymore. Have a job now'

He waited for Joey's reply but it was short lived as Matt focused his attention back on his lectures that always had him wondering why he chose this class.

***

It was a good day for Officer Teddy Stanton. He woke up with a smile on his face and knew the reason behind it. It was because of the man he accidentally crashed into. He didn't knew the man's name but he could tell he was new to that grocery place as Teddy had been shopping there from the moment he moved to Seattle.

He smiled to himself and knew he could see that bloke again.

But why? Teddy didn't have feelings for the man. He knew that but upon seeing that bloke have mix reactions towards him on there first encounter. Teddy couldn't lie to the idea that he fancied the idea of a man showing some slight light hearten joy to his presence. The mans giddiness wasn't exactly discreet last he remembered the moment.

Sighing, Teddy breathed a shaky breath as the night air began creeping up to his skin. He was making his nightly routine of patrolling the neighborhood he had become accustomed to.

Teddy's life as a police officer wasn't exactly how he envisioned it, he thought he was going was going to be in the line of fire where robbery and kidnappings took place avidly. Well, that wasn't exactly what Seattle had to offer. There weren't much heinous crimes the city could give so almost every officer were stuck doing there case reports that mostly circulated among petty crimes of patrolling the neighborhood to see if anyone was in trouble.

Making his last turn for the night, Teddy's stomach churned under his vest that made him look for the nearest coffee shop. He's spots one a few blocks from him and parks infront of 'Angel's Coffee Shop' that wasn't exactly a huge establishment but it was a rather small one.

Teddy got off his police car and entered the infamous coffee shop, receiving a few looks from the older gentlemen who acknowledged his presence with a nod. Among the other reason why Teddy wanted to be a police officer, this was one of them. Respect, whenever he walked into a room, the entire room will quiet down and focus there attention to him. He liked that, he liked people knowing him for his friendly services and infectious smiles.

"One cup of black coffee please," Teddy said to the counter as his eyes hovered from the delicious trays of doughnuts at the back, his mouth salivating. Teddy wanted to buy a whole lot of them before saying no, he could buy those sweet things on the week end. He didn't have time to burn those calories tonight.

"Will that be all sir?" Teddy was still staring at the rack after rack of doughnuts when he shrugged and looked at the cashier who was handling him. But once his eyes landed on the twenty-something guy, he was suddenly zoned out and remembered that person he ran into with at the grocery store.

His dark, brown hair wasn't nearly as near as the lad who worked at the store, but Teddy knew it was the same length that was neatly trimmed and had average Mohawk to it. Although the cashiers hair reminded him off 'grocery dude' as Teddy named out, his eyes and face wasn't exactly as near to grocery dudes quality trait.

Teddy hadn't realize that he was fleeting off into oblivion as he smiled nervously once the cashier gave him a questioning look.

"Yes, that will-" He stopped talking as the radio he had with him talked with a grainy and muffled voice. Stating there was a robbery down at fifth street at a well-known diner. Teddy then gave the cashier a warm smile and nodded as he left the premise.

***

A/N: I wonder what happened there at fifth street? Hmmm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 2K 36
Harley hated his brother's best friend- at least at first. The passive aggressiveness and ego of the man he now shared a house with was nothing short...
5.7M 202K 29
"But you're my dad's boss, what would happen if he found out?" "Doesn't matter. All that matters is that we're here, alone, now, no interruptions." ...
155K 8.5K 24
Ethan, a gay teenage boy, has been single all his life. While his friends' facebook relationship statuses read "In a relationship", his remains a pit...
3.7M 96.1K 38
Tyler Lewis is a 17-year-old openly gay boy who's been heartbroken so many times. After finding a new "love" his parents were afraid that his heart w...