I'm The Alpha's Challenge

By juiceboxbrat159

Highest- #129 in Werewolf With a father who beats her at home, a sister who bully's her at school, a mother... More

New comers
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 Josh POV
61 Josh POV
62 Josh POV
63 Josh POV
64
65
66
67
67
68
69
70
71
72
Chapter 1 (josh POV)
Josh POV chapter 2 bonus
Cormac Bonus
bonus chapter (Levis story)
levis bonus part 2

25

24.4K 526 64
By juiceboxbrat159

I sat down in the only empty chair next to Josh and watched as his family dug into the pancakes. "Mm!" Josh's father approved, making my eyes instinctively flickering over to him. "This is good. I like this girl, Josh. She can cook, she's good with horses, and she doesn't nag. And she doesn't nag. Gail should definitely learn from this girl." He said, nodding at Josh with a smirk just like his son's across his face.

I smiled, blushing deeply. "I heard that, Peter!" I heard his wife scream from somewhere else in the house. He chuckled, shrugging.

"Danny," Josh asked, concerned. I locked eyes with him, raising an eyebrow in question. "You didn't make any for yourself." He noticed, frowning.

I glanced down at the empty place in front of me and shrugged. Usually I made enough for myself, but this family was just too big for me to include myself; I didn't want to make more for me. Josh swiftly stood from his chair and headed over to the counter. He reached up, pulled down a plate, and got out a fork from a drawer. I was shaking my head when he placed them in front of me, but a look in his eyes told me he wasn't taking an argument. Sitting back down, he took one of the pancakes from his plate and put it on mine.

"Eat," he demanded, pointing at the food in front of me. I sighed, glancing up at him, noting the concern in his eyes. I never got that look from anyone. But then again, I never really had someone caring for me either. I narrowed my eyes at him as he handed me the fork, closing my fingers around it.

"You take the fork; see, this thing," he waved the fork in my face, making me chuckle, "and you stick it in the food like this." He took the fork with my hand still wrapped around it and stabbed the pancake with it. "And then ya stuff it in your mouth like this." I squealed as I realized what he was going to do and pushed his hand away. He laughed, releasing my hand and letting me eat by myself.

"Iya's twwiirreedd." Peter teased, poking her head with his fork; she was lying with her face planted in the table.

She waved her hand aimlessly around her head as everyone laughed. "Shut up. I shouldn't be up this early. It's a Saturday!" she complained. "Saturday is the only day that I get to sleep in." she moaned, never lifting her head from the table.

Cormac, who was sitting right beside her, put his arm around her head. "Oh, c'mon, little sis'. We're going shoppin'."

"I will bite you." she threatened.

He only snickered deeply, but didn't remove his arm. She lifted her head momentarily and sunk her teeth into his arm. He cried out, instantly removing his arm from near her and shaking his wrist. Iya sank back onto the table. "I warned ya." she muttered.

"Ya didn't have to use your—" Cormac began, but Josh cut him off.

"Cormac," he warned, his voice was cautious like a mother scolding a child.

Cormac glanced up at him, then to me and back to his bleeding arm. "Sorry," he mumbled, even though he had to be at least a year older. He mumbled something else I couldn't hear before he stood, tugging on Iya's hair before dashing out of the kitchen.

"You buttface!" Iya shouted after him, lifting her head and glaring towards the door. "Ugh," she groaned, smoothing her hair before leaning her head into her hands. I glanced at Josh as I popped a piece of pancake in my mouth, questioning him with my eyes.

He looked over at me, but didn't acknowledge my stare.

"Omigosh, you're wearin' my shirt! Josh!" Iya groaned again, glaring at Josh. My head snapped towards Iya, stiffening and glancing down at the blouse. "You coulda told me before stealin' somethin' from my room. You're so lucky it looks good on her." She growled, her eyes narrowing.

Josh smiled innocently at her, shrugging. "Sorry. You were in the shower. I didn't think you'd mind." I glanced at Josh, my eyes wide. I didn't want to upset Iya. I didn't think that he wouldn't have asked her.

"No, it's fine." She mumbled, glaring at Josh. "Just ask next time, please?"

Josh shrugged. "Whatever."

She stood. "If it was anyone else…" she muttered, stuffing her eggs in her mouth before stomping off after Cormac.

I looked at Josh again with wide eyes, placing my hand on the table and beginning to stand. His hand wrapped around mine. "It's alright. Sit down; finish eatin'." He said calmly, shaking his head. I frowned, but sat down again, fumbling with my fork.

"Josh, did you finish that financial stuff I gave you?" His father asked as he took a bite. It was now only me, Josh, Kyler, Hanna, and his father at the table. Hanna was playing with a fork and spoon as if they were talking to each other.

"Dad." Josh said, glancing up at him.

He shrugged, taking about piece. "Well, did you?" he pressed.

"Yes," he sighed. "We've stayed in budget this month. But Iya's about to go shoppin', so she might blow it."

Peter scoffed, covering his mouth as he laughed. "Probably. Try to keep her under two hundred, okay?"

"Alrighty, boss." Josh said, getting up abruptly and taking his plate to the sink. I got up after him, stuffing my mouth with the last of my pancake. Josh stepped back as I stepped up to the sink, turning it on and reaching for the sponge.

Josh made a grab for my hand. "Ah, ah, ah, ah," he scolded, shaking his head and turning off the water. I glanced up at him, finding our noses centimeters apart, and furrowed my eyebrows at him. He glanced down at my mouth, parted slightly and in the shape of an o. His jaw clenched, but he returned his gaze to my eyes. "You're not washin' the dishes." He stated, frowning and cocking his head.

I swallowed harshly, dropping the plate into the sink and biting my lip. He closed his eyes and sighed. "You ready to go shoppin'?" he teased, his eyes opening as he smirked. I frowned, huffing in defeat. I reluctantly nodded, glancing up at his through my lashes. He suddenly pushed off of the counter, pulling me along with him as he left the kitchen.

"Coffeeblue! Cormac! Iya!" He called, irritated. "Are you guys through fightin' so we can go?"

"We're comin'! We're comin'! Gosh, stop naggin'." Iya called back as she bounded down the stairs. I felt my jaw clench and my heart plummet as I looked her over. She looked so much better than I did. She had on a white dress that looked as though someone had splattered neon paint all over it and tied a pink bow around the waist. She had on a pink long sleeved sweater the dropped down past her waist while the dress went down a little past her knee. She had French braided her hair from the left side to end on her right shoulder. Gosh, she looked so much better than I did.

"I'm reeaaadddyy!" Coffeeblue sang as she literally slid down the stairs on the railing, landing right next to Iya. She wore white skinny jeans with black furry boots. A short sleeved wool black and white sweater fell from her shoulders over a gray undershirt.

A whistle sounded through the house and I glanced over to see Cormac staring at Coffeeblue with a joking smirk on his face. He went over to Coffeeblue, holding out his arm. "Well, hello there." He flirted jokingly.

Coffeeblue took his arm, rolling her eyes. "You're so lucky I don't have a boyfriend, or he'd be super jealous."

He raised an eyebrow. "As well he should be." He laughed. He looked good too. He had on black pants with black converses on his feet and a buttoned up plaid blue and black shirt with a skinny black tie hanging from his neck.

Josh rolled his eyes. "You know, I'd think you'd get tired of wearin' a tie every week." He retorted.

Cormac looked at him with a fake shocked expression. "Well, I've got to look like I can actually be Coffeeblue's boyfriend."

"Why do you always have to act like my boyfriend whenever we go out to the mall or something?" Coffeeblue asked, frowning at him.

He smirked with a protective glint in his eye. "Because then no guy will try ta hit on ya then." He replied, chuckling as she smacked his chest.

"And that's why I got no boyfriend." She said, glaring at him.

He shrugged, smiling. "Guilty as charged." He confessed.

"Alright! Let's go." Josh urged.

"Oh! Can I drive?!" Iya asked with an excited smile.

"Josh?!" Gail called, suddenly coming down the stairs.

"Yes, Mom?" He asked, sighing.

She gave him the famous mother look. "I have to take the SUV today; I've got to get some stuff for the horses, so you guys'll have ta take the pick-up or the Prius."

"You are NOT driving my car!" Coffeeblue said, pointing at Iya.

She frowned, her eyes wide. "Bu—" she began.

"No!" Coffeeblue interrupted, her eyes narrowing

"Coffeeblue will drive!" Josh said, nodding at his mother and taking my hand. Gail raised her eyebrow, but didn't say anything as we strolled back to the kitchen.

Josh went over to the door and opened it, ushering everyone out. Why he was so eager to go, I had no idea. "Alright, alright!" Cormac glared down Josh as he escorted Coffeeblue out of the house. Iya shrugged, frowning as she followed the twins.

He rolled his eyes, but held out his hand. "Ya ready?" he asked, smirking.

"Of course," I whispered, looking up at him through my lashes and taking his hand

He closed the door after us.

His arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to him so our steps were matching. He leaned in, his lips brushing my ear, making me shiver. "I don't think there's going to be enough…room…in the car." I could feel him smirk.

I froze, turning towards him, my eyes wide. "What?" I whispered furiously.

He chuckled darkly, a shiver running down my spine. My mind was telling me to run away, but something in my chest was telling me to stay. A red flag waved around; he could be dangerous. He could be very dangerous. But I kinda like that dangerous, mysterious side of him. "Baby, you're gonna have ta sit in my lap." There was a daring glint in his eyes.

I wasn't sure if the shudder was because of his pet name, or what he had actually said. "N-no, I-I ca-can't do th-at." I said, shaking my head.

He brushed my bangs out of my face. "It's alright. I won't hurt you, I promise." He lowered his voice. "I don't care what they say; I'm really not that mean." The corner of his lips pulled up.

I blushed, glancing down. "Alright, but no flirting, understand?" I smiled up at him.

"Hm… I give no promises." He replied, his fingers playing with my shirt.

I narrowed my eyes. "Joshua!" I scolded.

"Just kidding! C'mon." he laughed, pulling me towards the car. He opened the door and got in first. I glanced up at Cormac across the seat, noticing there was one of those pull down cup holders in the middle. Josh opened his arms, gesturing for me. He didn't want me to sit by Cormac; I knew it. But Cormac was his cousin. Sure, he was a flirt, and I didn't quite trust him, but that didn't mean I expected him to hurt me. I rolled my eyes, scoffing as I slid into Josh's lap. Josh pulled the seat belt over us, making my back press into his chest. His arms slid around my waist and he rested his head on my shoulders. Even sitting, he was still taller than me.

My heart hammered in my chest as I realized the position I was in. Gosh, this was awkward and amazing at the same time. Iya turned in her seat to look at me. "Pay no attention to the loud music and screaming. This is the only place Coffeeblue and I can actually sing." I smiled at her, turning my head towards Josh.

My lips were right at his ear, and I swear I felt a shiver. "You gonna sing too?" I teased; my voice was so low that I couldn't hear it.

He laughed deeply, the sound coming straight from his chest. "Only if you want me to, darling." He joked back, stealing a kiss on my cheek. I blushed, glancing from him to my feet. The car rumbled to life, a country song blasting from the speakers. Iya and Coffeeblue immediately started singing along at the top of their lungs. Cormac soon joined along, singing only the guy songs. Josh was singing them quietly in my ear, making me melt right into his chest. I loved the sound of his voice rumbling in his chest, singing so only I could hear. I bit my lip and blinked a couple of times. I didn't know why I was reacting so strongly to him or why I was feeling a pull in my chest towards him. But I knew I couldn't let him see it. It would only make his flirting ten times worse. I just wasn't quite ready for that yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 18.2K 32
Cecilia Rain is a wolf with the Gift of Nature, but her Gift is different than others. While most wolves can only access Nature, Social, Warrior or H...
649K 21.4K 58
She is shy, no argument there. She is afraid to speak up, afraid of conflict, afraid of everyone around her. She is still special. But she doesn't...
Avery By Ash

Werewolf

702K 33.1K 45
♡♡#182 In Werewolf as of 6/19/2016 ( What some readers are saying about Avery.... "I can already tell this is going to be a great book" @myathesmart ...
312K 12K 34
Not thinking twice, I ran to Josh and pulled his head into my lap. Taking the silver, I began to burn the venom from his cuts as I cried. He didn't r...