OUR LOUD MINDS → bts fanficti...

By loudestminds-

k.n.j ••• "Everybody say NO! It can't be any later Don't be trapped in someone else's dream." ••• In which tw... More

HELLO
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter Five

545 46 14
By loudestminds-

☁︎

Namjoon

The rest of our first week passed by as quickly as it had arrived. And soon enough, it was almost as if summer break had never happened. Everything fell into a repeating pattern. I continued my duties as class president, Seokjin assumed his place as most popular boy at school, not giving up on gaining the most popular girl. Anna stayed cold and mysterious.

But not everything could be regularly expected. My grades soared as usual, except for one.

"T-tutor?! But, Teacher Park, school has barely started!" I exclaimed.

My teacher sighed and took a seat, motioning for me to do the same. But I couldn't sit, not at a moment like this.

"Namjoon, you're one of the best if not the best student in this grade. But everyone has flaws. And I want you to do as well as possible, as do your parents," he explained.

"But you haven't even given me a chance to show that I've improved! It's only been a week!" I insisted.

I knew I should have contained myself. But I couldn't help being upset about the whole situation. I would never sink to the level of being tutored. Especially not by another student.

"Kim Namjoon, listen to me!" Teacher Park raised his voice slightly, motioning again for me to sit.

I huffed loudly in annoyance and took a seat. It was a good thing the classroom was now empty. I was practically throwing a tantrum.

"I have given you a chance to improve! Did you not take classes over the summer break?" He continued.

I looked down, a bit ashamed with my attitude.

"I did, Teacher Park."

"And what did you get on the test today?" He asked me, despite already knowing the answer.

"34 out of 50 correct," I muttered.

"Now," he said with a slight chuckle,"I don't think you need me to tell you what kind of grade that is."

"No, Teacher," I said softly, closing my eyes for a second.

"Namjoon, I'm trying to help you. Obviously learning in a classroom environment isn't helping and neither is self studying." Teacher Park leaned forward and put his arms on the desk. "Think of them as study sessions with a fellow student. That's easy enough, right?"

I turned to look back up at him. No.

"I'll do my best, Teacher Park," I said quietly.

"I know you will. Work hard and you'll do great things," he assured me, standing.

I followed, ready to just leave.

"I'll find you a suitable...helper by next week, alright?" He said as I gathered my things.

I nodded and turned to the door, hesitating.

"Teacher, if you'll just give--"

"Namjoon."

"Sorry. Goodbye, Teacher Park," I said.

With that, I bowed and hurried out. With every step I took towards the exit of the school, the more emotional I felt. This wasn't good. I just couldn't have a tutor. It wasn't possible. I can't let them know. I tried not to imagine what my parent's reaction would be to my having another student teaching me. I shook my head at the thought. When I arrived at the school doors, I couldn't keep my fist from ramming into the hard metal of them.

"Aish!" I cursed in pain.

I pulled away and shook my wrist, feeling even more ridiculous.

"Stupid," I hissed at myself.

I shook my head again and pulled open the door with my aching hand. I walked home with a feeling of dread for the weekend, wondering how I would spend two whole days away from school.

Anna

I frowned at my phone screen in thought. It was a late Saturday morning and I didn't have to work, but I didn't want to leave my house.

"I need a dress for my date with Kyung, come with?" Hye's message said.

I could practically hear her loud voice squealing the words in my head. I wanted to say no and go back to sleep.

"Sure. What time?" I told her instead.

"Pick you up in half an hour?" She replied.

"Ok."

I threw the phone down onto my bed covers, soaking up the last bit of warmth. Let's try to have fun today, I told myself.

☁︎

I was ready for Hye in record time, and she was just as late as I expected.

"Sorry, Junghyun took way longer than I thought he would," Hye told me as I opened the car door.

"Junghyun...?" I asked with a frown, peaking into the car.

A tall boy sat in the back seat, watching me with raised eyebrows.

"Ah, hello," I said.

"Hello," he said in a deep voice, bowing slightly.

I got into the car slowly, giving Hye a questioning look as I pulled on my buckle. She frowned in confusion back at me. I jerked my head to the strange man sitting behind us.

"Oh! Anna, this is Jeon Junghyun. He's my next door neighbor." Hye turned to look at Junghyun. "Oppa, this is my best friend, Geum Shin Anna."

I turned and gave him another half smile. He did the same.

"I'm giving him a ride to the mall," Hye explained as we pulled away from my house.

I nodded and threw him another slight glance. He didn't look high school age; he looked more like he could be in his early twenties. The ride to the mall was silent and a bit awkward. Hye would throw in some comments to lighten the quiet atmosphere, but neither of us would respond with a long answer. I was relieved when we finally reached our destination.

"Thank you," Junghyun said to Hye as we all got out of the car.

"Sure. Are we meeting back here at three?" She asked.

We're taking him home, too? I thought.

"Yes."

"Got it. See you then, Oppa!" Hye called as he walked to the mall entrance.

I threw her a side glance as we headed to the opposite entrance.

"Okay, what was that about?" I asked, glancing behind us to be sure he was gone.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, why are you giving some random guy car rides?" I asked.

"I already told you! He's my neighbor!" Hye held the glass door open for me.

"Well yeah, but he looks old enough to drive himself to me," I commented as we walked in.

"His family shares one car. I noticed this and offered to drive him to his job at the mall whenever he needed," Hye said simply.

"So you were just being nice for like no reason at all?" That didn't sound like Hye at all to me.

"Well, okay, it was also an excuse to get his number."

I smirked at this.

"He looks five years older than us," I told her.

"The age gap isn't that big. Besides, it doesn't matter anyway, it didn't take long for me to find out he's in a 'serious relationship' as he put it." Hye rolled her eyes as she spoke.

I was silent after that. It sort of touched me. I never thought much about being in a relationship; all the guys who pursued me did so merely because of what I looked like. I'd given up on finding a truly caring boy by the time I was in high school. And here was this quiet, attractive college kid who didn't care for messing around with a bunch of girls. I sighed.

"Anna?" Hye was saying.

"Oh?" I blinked at her.

"I was saying he has a cute younger brother. Did you zone out again?" She asked in annoyance.

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry," I replied, making sure to not meet her eyes.

"Whatever, let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 319 22
This may sound silly but it's true, so don't pretend it ain't you too. Were all afraid of something here.. ....'cause you ain't human without fear...
739K 26.9K 64
"i've got everyones attention, except for yours." conceited, manipulative, egocentric, and rude. jeon jungkook; your schools heartthrob who is capabl...
8.8K 478 42
Taehyung has anorexia. He lives by his rules. He can't live without them. Litterally. Jeongguk has a dream anxiety disorder which causes terrible nig...
284K 8.1K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...