Blind (A Kingdom Hearts/Final...

By xXlivelaughlove

[Name] is the daughter of a horrible drunken bastard, a.k.a Luxord [Surname]. She suffers from his abuse dail... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 3

3.9K 121 43
By xXlivelaughlove

Special thanks to Whyareall again for continuously supporting me and helping me out with writing for your character. ^-^ I hope you like what other things I did with your character; I hope I didn't fuck up her personality or anything like that haha. ^^; thoughimprettysureididanyway

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three: We're Good

"[Name]." Someone shook you lightly.

You stirred, but refused to open your eyes. Who was this person? Their voice sounded familiar, but not too recognizable.

"I can't believe I'm doing this right now," the person mumbled. "[Name], wake up."

You grudgingly gave in to whoever was disturbing your sleep and opened your eyes.

"It's me, Vanitas," the voice said.

"... Vanitas?" You asked, shocked.

You honestly didn't expect Vanitas to be the one to wake you. Actually, you expected anyone but Vanitas.

"Yeah," he said, his tone a bit harsher now that you were awake. "So get up."

You yawned and sat up, running your fingers through your hair. "Why are you here?" You asked bluntly.

"Riku caught me while I was on my way out of the clinic to get some fresh air. He said he forgot he had a therapy session with one of the patients and was going to be late if he stopped by here to wake you up, so he sent me."

"Oh," you mumbled. "Thanks, I guess."

"Don't mention it," Vanitas replied, though his tone wasn't friendly at all. "Seriously, don't. I don't want you or anyone else to get the wrong idea. It's just that I actually respect Riku and didn't mind doing him a favor."

"I see," you muttered. "Why do you respect him?"

Vanitas sighed. "'Cause he's a blind suicide survivor and a therapist. Doesn't that sound pretty damn respectable to you?"

You nodded. "Yeah, it does."

He made a "hm" sound then tapped your shoulder. "Let's go back inside. It looks like it's going to rain soon."

"Alright," you said, standing and reaching for his arm.

"Wh-what do you think you're doing?" He sneered.

You pulled your hand back sharply in surprise. "I-I can't make it back on my own; I need someone to guide me. Sorry, it's a habit of mine to take my guide's arm."

You heard him sigh. "You're a handful, you know that?" He muttered. "Fine. Grab onto my wrist."

"Okay..." You did as you were told, and you two made your way back inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There you are!" You heard Roxas yell. "I looked everywhere for you, you were gone for over an hour!"

Over an hour? Riku said he was only going to leave you for twenty minutes.

"Sorry," you mumbled, letting go of Vanitas' wrist now that you were with someone you trusted. "I was... Occupied."

You heard Vanitas walk away as Roxas wheeled himself over to you. "At least tell one of us next time," he said, exasperated. "I saw Riku rushing in like a madman and you were nowhere to be found, so I got a bit worried."

"I'm sorry, alright?" You muttered. "Thanks for caring, but just let it go."

Roxas sighed. "You were with Vanitas?" His question sounded more like an accusation.

"No," you said. "He found me and brought me here."

"I see," he said, his tone grim. Then it brightened. "Ryann and I are watching a movie right now, want to join us?"

You scoffed as the horrid feeling in your stomach returned. "You're kidding, right?"

Roxas was silent for a few seconds, then muttered, confused, "No."

His stupidity almost made you laugh out loud. "Whatever. Give me directions to the common area, please."

"Um, just turn 90 degrees to your right and walk down the hallway. And why do you sound so angry?"

You ignored him as you began a fast pace to the common area, slightly aware of him calling your name as you rushed off.

But you had no intention of turning back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You done talking to the idiot?" Vanitas' voice rang out.

You scoffed. "He can be an insensitive airhead at times, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him an idiot," you muttered. "Please tell me where to sit."

"The closest place is the floor, which is-"

"I'm serious, Vanitas." You sighed.

"And I'm not?"

You grumbled. "It was a mistake to come here, wasn't it?"

"Why did you come here in the first place?" He paused, then muttered, "walk straight about three steps then turn to your right and walk about four. There's a sofa, which I'm sitting on right now."

You smiled and followed his directions, plopping yourself onto the soft cushion. "Thanks, and to get away from Roxas, obviously."

"Don't mention it, and join the club," he muttered. "Just seeing him sickens me."

"Why do you hate him so much?" You asked, tilting your head slightly.

"Do you get along well with your cousins?" He asked.

"Never met them."

"Fine then, siblings."

"Don't have any."

"... Friends?"

"Lost them all four years ago."

He flicked your forehead at your last answer. "Liar. You have Roxas and my idiot twin Sora who remember you, and you seem to be quite popular among the people here at the TW."

"... What point are you trying to make?" You asked.

He chuckled. "I planned for our conversation to go differently, but you don't cooperate well with plans, do you?"

"That's not true," you fussed.

"Whatever you say, Princess."

Princess. Why did your heart flutter when he called you that?

"What do you even do here, anyway?" Vanitas asked. "You don't need physical therapy, and aren't employed, so do you just get to do whatever the fuck you want?"

"I've only been here for less than a day, but that kinda sums up what I've been doing so far."

You heard him grumble. "Lucky ass. You're sixteen right? Get a job here. You do know why Riku's a therapist, don't you?"

"No," you admitted.

"Because he's blind, and can't judge people. You know how some patients here are self-conscious? They choose Riku as their therapist because he can't judge them by their looks. You could do that, too. Although I'm sure Axel would hit on you every chance he would get."

"I'll try it," you said. "But I'm not the best with advice."

"Most people don't need advice," Vanitas said. "Just someone to talk to."

His tone was almost sorrowful, but you decided not to ask him about it. "Then can you help me sign up?" You asked.

He seemed taken aback by your question. "Why me? And why do you need help?"

You pinched the bridge of your nose and sighed. "Does ignorance run in your family? I can't read, dude. And I asked you for help because you were the one who informed me of this job in the first place. Plus... You're the only one here, and I'm too lazy to find anyone else."

He was silent for a bit, and you but your lip anxiously. Was he mad? You hoped you didn't make him mad. He was bratty enough when he was perfectly fine.

He sighed loudly. "Fine, if you need me that much. And stop biting your lip, it just makes you look that much more unattractive."

"Well I wouldn't know the first thing about my looks, now would I?" Then you reached over and hugged him softly, unintentionally getting a whiff of his natural scent (which smelled amazing, in your opinion). "And thanks. You've done quite a lot for me today."

He pat your back awkwardly and to your surprise, didn't shove you off of him. "Don't mention it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you, Miss [Surname]," the nurse at the job office said. "I'll be sure to inform Doctor Gainsborough of your application and have her let you know when we've processed it, alright?"

"Thank you," you said. "I'm looking forward to this job."

You heard her giggle quietly. "I'm sure that since you're going to be a therapist, more patients will look forward to their therapy sessions."

You laughed. "You flatter me. Anyway, my friend and I are going to be on our way. Have a nice day!"

The nurse said goodbye and you and Vanitas started walking to the cafeteria.

"Who said I was your friend, huh?" He asked jokingly.

"Well, unless you want me to call you my bitch, I suggest you go along with it," you joked back.

"Well, you certainly gave me a nice and wide array of options to choose from."

You poked his shoulder using the hand that wasn't holding his wrist. "If I'm not mistaken, you did call me 'Princess' earlier, so would you like to go with that option?"

You felt his arm dip as he bowed slightly. "If that is what Your Highness wishes."

You whacked his shoulder and he laughed.

"Don't tease me. And don't bow, you look pitiful."

He poked your cheek. "You certainly aren't treating me like a friend right now, so does that mean I'm your bitch?"

You laughed. "Yes, now hurry up and take us to the cafeteria. I'm hungry, you know."

"Sure, Overlord. And you eat a lot, don't you?"

"Overlord..." You mused. "That sounds nice. And no, I didn't finish my breakfast."

He started patting your head absentmindedly. The top, the back, and the sides.

"Yup, it got bigger," he muttered.

"Oh, shut up!" You slapped his arm.

"Yes, Overlord," he said, trying not to laugh, but failing.

His laugh was rare and genuine, and made you feel butterflies in your stomach.

"Are we there yet?" You asked, changing the subject.

"You sound like Sora. But yeah, we are. Want to sit while I get you some food?"

"Um, where?" You asked, feeling stupid.

"The other morons are all sitting at a table around ten feet away from here, and if you-"

You must've looked doubtful, as he decided not to give you directions and instead took you by the arm and started leading you somewhere, most likely to the table.

"Hey look, it's Vanny with a girl," you heard a girl snicker. "Finally find someone who's willing to put up with your shit, did you? How nice."

"I'm surprised that the clinic hasn't kicked you out yet after three years, snowball," he sneered. "Each time I come here to visit my cousin I expect you to be gone, but alas, the world isn't that fair." Vanitas guided you to a chair and helped you sit down, then the girl continued her verbal assault.

"Here's a tip," the girl growled back, "grab your ears and firmly pull- you might just be able to get your head out of your ass."

"How many spoonfuls of bitch did you have this morning? Roxas, I really don't approve you hanging out with this... well, I would call her a cunt, but she doesn't have the depth or the warmth."

Roxas was silent.

"Vanitas, stop," you pleaded. "You're getting way out of hand."

"Not so fast, I was just getting started," the girl said. "Van, your dick should be in your pants, not your personality. But don't worry, I'm not offended, frankly I'm more impressed at the fact that your Neanderthal brain has developed enough for you to now properly form complete sentences. Let's slow clap it out, shall we?"

She then proceeded to mockingly clap at a pace so slow that it seemed like time was actually slowing down.

"You too, girl," you muttered. "I don't know who you are, or why you have beef with Vanitas, but you're making my head hurt. Please, just stop."

"I agree with [Name]," you heard Axel say. "Usually it's funny whenever Ryann bickers with someone, but when she does it with Vanitas it's just scary."

So that's Ryann, huh? Forget eating, you felt like you were going to throw up.

"You're just trying to get on [Name]'s good side," Riku teased. "But I second that. Plus it's only [Name]'s second day here; I don't want her getting the wrong impression of anybody."

"Van?" You spoke up.

He grunted in response, suddenly incapable of forming words.

"I don't need food anymore," you said, standing. "Thanks, though. I'm just going to go back to my room."

"Do you need someone to take you?" Demyx spoke up. "I mean, I know where your room is, so..."

"Just tell me where her room is and I'll take her," Ryann said. "I want to talk to her for a bit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um," you said awkwardly, trying to break the silence.

You and Ryann were sitting on your bed, the air so thick and suffocating it wouldn't be penetrable by a butcher's knife.

"Who are you?" She asked, her tone a bit harsh.

"[Name] [Surname]. I just got here yesterday."

"So you just got here yesterday, and all the guys are swooning over you?" She asked bluntly. "You're like a real-life Mary Sue, just saying."

You bit back a harsh remark and crossed your arms. "I don't know what you're talking about."

She scoffed. "You mean you don't see all the flirty looks that all the guys give you? You don't notice how they all go out of their way to help you, a clueless girl who can't even find her way back to her room?"

"You mean you don't see that I'm blind?" Your voice came out louder and angrier than you meant it to, and you flinched.

"You're blind?" She asked, sounding shocked.

You fiddled with your hands. "Yeah. So that's why I needed help going back to my room, and why I was holding onto Vanitas. And Roxas has been my friend for about as long as I can remember, and Demyx was the first friend I made here, and Riku and I have this sort of 'blind connection' where we both make really corny jokes about our eyesight, and Axel's just a flirt, you know? So don't call me a Mary Sue. It's not like I'm trying to do anything, I don't even know what any of them really look like! Sure, they described themselves to me last night, and I grew up with Roxas, but the last time I saw him was four years ago, and-"

"[Name]." Ryann placed a hand on top of yours, and you realized how thin she was. You thought you were skinny from all the meals you skipped because you were afraid of running into Luxord in the kitchen, but if you were skinny, she was a skeleton. "I'm sorry for acting rude towards you. I shouldn't have assumed that you were a normal person, I mean who could be normal and wind up here?"

"It's fine," you said, giving her a small smile. "I don't have anything against you, it's just... I ramble when I'm nervous. And I get nervous a lot."

She laughed. "I don't have anything against you either. I was just stressed out because... well, I was just stressed out."

"So we're good?" You asked. 

"We're good," she confirmed.

~*~ Alistair's Dark Corner ~*~ 

So, I added in Whyareall's OC! YaaayyyItotallymessedherupdidn'tI

Sorry if I made any of you dislike her right off the bat, but I just felt like [Name] was quickly turning into a Mary Sue, and that somebody needed to step up and defy her. But alas, in the end, they ended up being friends anyway.

"But Allie, if this is a Vanitas x Reader fanfiction, why is she acting so affectionate towards Roxas?"

First of all, Roxas has been your friend since Kindergarten. No, scratch that- since preschool. So you automatically have this clingy-ness in you that doesn't want to let him go because you haven't seen him in four years, etcetera etcetera. Plus, I have plans. Evil ones. I mean, I made all of your favorite characters disabled and in a trauma ward, for crying out loud. Do you think my mind is full of rainbows and snuggles and gay sparkles?

... In that case, you're right.

Vocomfo my sweets. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...
825 8 20
She thought she was a normal resident of Twilight Town until the mystery of the old mansion consumed and threw her into a world she didn't know exist...
8 0 15
This is a story about two young women that once lived in Radient garden but were separated when the world was engulfed into darkness. They now live t...
135K 2.5K 24
Ideally, she could acknowledge the past and begin a new life. Hypothetically, she could be her old self again and act like the past never happened...