Kagome Uzumaki (On Hold)

By FantasyWriter345

Inuyasha killed Kagome in order for Kikyo's soul to be whole again. Fortunately, Kagome is reborn into the wo... More

Unexpected Results
A Jinchลซriki's Childhood
Revealed Hatred
The Masked Sensei
The Jounin's Test
Another Wind User
Date
The Rude Client
A Kind Heart
Lost Courage
Bravery
Battling Demons
Tears in the Snow
A Familiar Friend
Catching Up
An Unexpected Acquaintance
Leaf Meets Sand
Chลซnin Exam Entrance
The Contestants

The Silent Killer

4.1K 134 8
By FantasyWriter345

"Momochi Zabuza?" Sakura asked, blinked.

"A former member the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist squad." Kagome said, "He's in the bingo book and Kakashi-sensei as well."

"It looks like one of your brats is well informed." Zabuza said.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Kagome said, smirking. Sasuke and Sakura were surprised to find out that their sensei was in the Bingo book. But how is he a security threat to other villages?

"If he's our opponent, then I guess I have no other choice but to use this." Kakashi said as he lifted his headband to reveal the Sharingan in his left eye.

"I see. You must be Kakashi of the Sharingan." Zabuza said. Sasuke stiffened when Zabuza mention 'Sharingan'. After all, the Sharingan belongs to the Uchiha clan. It would be weird if a non-Uchiha had the Sharingan.

"You presumed correct." Kakashi said.

"Let's cut to the chase. Hand over the old man and let you all live." Zabuza said.

"Sorry, he's under our protection." Kagome said.

"Very well." Zabuza said. He jumped off of his blade and stood on top of the water. Then he performed hand signs.

"Suiton: Kirigakure no Jutsu."

All of a sudden a mist soon surrounded the area and made Zabuza fade into it.

"Everyone, manji formation! Protect Tazuna-san!" Kakashi said. Everyone formed a circle around Tazuna. Then Kakashi slowly faded into the mist.

"Kagome, what is this technique?" Sasuke asked.

"It's called 'The Silent Killing Technique'. It's a simple quiet technique to killing an opponent. The user is so silent that it's too late to realize you're dead." Kagome said. Sakura gulped at the new information. Sasuke was slightly trembling on the hold of his kunai. Tazuna was also feeling uneasy in this mist covered field. It felt like minutes went by then hours. This silence was really putting everyone on edge. After all, this was their first mission outside of the village and they didn't want to die!

"8 parts." Zabuza's voice echoed all around them. Everyone flinched at it.

"Legs...spine...kidney...artery...lungs...liver...jugular...heart." Zabuza said, "Which one should I strike first?"

Sakura and Sasuke felt a shiver go down their spines. The only one who wasn't affected by Zabuza's threats was Kagome. She had heard worse. Naraku was a better at taunting than Zabuza was. Then Kakashi appeared in front of them with a hand seal and blew some of the mist away from them in order to see each other.

"Don't worry, everyone. I won't let any of you die." Kakashi said, looking over his shoulder with a closed eye smile. Somehow, that seemed to make everyone less tense at the situation they're facing.

"I wouldn't be too sure, Kakashi."

Zabuza soon appeared in the middle of their manji formation. Then Zabuza swung his sword towards Tazuna. But at the last second Kagome blocked the attack with her chakra blades.

"I won't let you harm Tazuna." Kagome said, pushing against Zabuza's blade.

"Interesting." Zabuza said. With one powerful shove, Zabuza was pushed out of their manji formation.

"Thanks, Kagome-chan. But I'll handle the rest." Kakashi said, standing beside Kagome.

"Hai." Kagome said, nodded. Suddenly, Zabuza was behind Kagome. Before he could land a hit on her, she stabbed him in the stomach. Instead of blood coming, water leaked out. Then Zabuza's form fell in a water puddle. Water Clone Technique. He reappeared again in front of Kagome. But Kakashi stood in front of her as well and the two were sliced in half. It turned out to be a water clone technique. Zabuza felt a kunai and a chakra blade near his neck.

"It's over." Kagome and Kakashi said. Then Zabuza began to laugh. It began to make them uneasy.

"Unfortunately for you two, it's not." Zabuza said. Kakashi quickly shoved Kagome out of the way and was pushed into the lake. When he resurfaced from the water, he noticed something strange about the water. Suddenly, Zabuza was in front of him.

"Suiton: Suirō no Jutsu!" Zabuza shouted. Water spun around him and trapped in a water sphere.

Shoot! I can't get free!  Kakashi thought. He couldn't move. He was truly helpless right now.

"It's no use. This water is stronger than steel." Zabuza said. Kakashi cursed. He was unable to help his team. Then he felt an arm wrap around his waist and was no longer was surrounded by water. He looked up and saw Zabuza staring at an empty water sphere that once had him inside of it.

"Are you okay, Kakashi-sensei?"

Kakashi looked over his shoulder and saw Kagome looking at him with worry. Then he glanced down and saw her arm wrapped around his waist.

"Hai." Kakashi said, nodded.

"Good." Kagome said as she released her arm from his waist and stood up. Then he noticed a weapon near her left foot. His eyes widened in shock when he saw the weapon.

That's-! Kakashi thought when he noticed the three pronged kunai with a jutsu-shiki on it. There was only one person who was able to use that technique. Someone who was a great leader in Konoha. The one who sacrificed his life for the village. The person also happened to be Kakashi's beloved late sensei.

How does Kagome know about it? Kakashi asked, looking back up at her.

"How did you-?!" Zabuza exclaimed when he saw Kakashi sitting on the ground near his team. How on earth was he able to escape the water dome?!

"Sorry, you don't deserve the answer to that." Kagome said, smirking at Zabuza's raging face.

"I'll have to admit that was a smart move. But I'm not finished yet." Zabuza said as he took out his blade again.

"I was about to say the same thing." Kagome said, readying her blades. Then the two sped towards each other and clashed each other's' blades. Kakashi and the others were shocked to see that Kagome was able to go against Zabuza in equal strength. They watched the two clashing their blades while both of them earned cuts from the wielding weapons. During the whole battle, Kagome sensed someone hiding amongst the trees. But she couldn't really question it since she was busy fighting Zabuza.

"I'll have to admit that you're quite strong for a girl your age." Zabuza said, pushing his blade against her blades.

"Why thank you." Kagome said.

"But how about we kick it up a notch?" Zabuza asked, smirking.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." Kagome said, smirking as well. They jumped away from each other and put their blades away. Zabuza performed hand signs.

A water technique. Kagome thought, recognizing the signs.

"Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu!" Zabuza shouted as a dragon of water raised up from the water and headed towards Kagome who was also performing a quick hand signs.

"Suiton: Mizurappa!" Kagome shouted. Then a large jet of water came out of her mouth and through her hand. The attack destroyed the water dragon and shoved Zabuza against the tree and he slid onto the ground. It felt like the wind just got knocked out of him. He never expected the girl in front of him would be able to perform such a powerful water technique. After all, that was a jounin level technique she had just he sensed someone above him and his eyes widened when he saw Kakashi with a kunai above him.

"This is the end." Kakashi said. Suddenly, two senbon needles were impaled onto Zabuza's neck and his body soon slumped against the tree. Kakashi jumped down as Kagome jumped in front of Zabuza's body. They looked up to where the needles were through from. There was a figure who appeared on the branch not to far from figure was a male dressed in the Kirigakure pinstriped outfit where the baggy pants stopped at the knees. He wore a green haori with white trimmings, and around his waist a brown sash with a fringed trail wrapped around his waist twice over the pinstriped outfit. On his feet, he wore light-brown platoon sandals with straps in the same color as his kimono and nail polish on his fingernails and toenails in matching blue green color. He had long black hair that was gathered in a white bun holder, while two locks of his hair fell loose framing his face that were bound with metal hair cuffs at the ends. The mask on him was white with thin, curved eye-holes and a red wavy design in place of the mouth. The Hidden Village of the Mist symbol etched on the forehead part. Then Kakashi walked over to Zabuza's slumped body and checked his pulse. Nothing.

"He's dead." Kakashi said.

"Thank you. I've been searching for Zabuza for some time." The figure said.

It must be a male. Probably my age. Hasn't reached puberty yet. He must be a chunin. But why would they let someone so young join the ANBU? Kagome thought, Come to think of it, Kakashi-sensei was six years old when he became chunin and Itachi was twelve when he joined the ANBU. Kagome thought as she gazed at the figure in front of them. 

"Judging by your mask, you must be a hunter-nin from the Village Hidden in the Mist." Kakashi said.

"Hai, I am." The hunter-nin said, nodding. Then he disappeared in a whirl of leaves and reappeared beside Zabuza's body. He put Zabuza's right arm over his shoulder and held his left arm around Zabuza's waist.

"This body holds many secrets, I will dispose of it." The hunter-nin said before he disappeared in a whirl of leaves once more. The mist soon cleared away once he left. Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, let's get going. Our mission isn't over yet." Kakashi said as he put his hitai-ate over his left eye.

"You can all rest at my house once we get there." Tazuna said. Everyone turned their heads towards him and nodded. That's right, they were still on a mission and they had to see it done.

"Sounds like a plan." Kagome said. Suddenly, black spots began to appear in her line of vision and her legs started to feel like jelly before she could step forward. Then everything went black. The last thing she heard was her name being called out from everyone.

"Kagome!" Everyone claimed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting corruption is not just good governance. It's self-defense. It's patriotism.
                                                                                                         - Joe Biden  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Suiton: Kirigakure no Jutsu - Water Release: Hiding in Mist Technique

Suiton: Suirō no Jutsu - Water Release: Water Prison Technique

Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu - Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique

Suiton: Mizurappa - Water Release: Water Trumpet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96K 2.8K 11
"๐—œ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—บ๐—ฒ, ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—บ๐—ฒ." In which a demon slayer mistakenly falls in love with the demon who killed her sister. โ•ฐโ”€...
85.9K 3.7K 29
In a shocking event where young Sakura Haruno dies at an early age, A soul whom has wondered the vast alternate realities claims this empty shell. Th...
121K 2.6K 23
A story about Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura's travel around the world. After more than two years of traveling for self redemption Uchiha Sasuke...
391K 11.5K 28
Shy, reserved, and innocent. Can Misa become a shinobi? ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜‚๐˜€; ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—†๐—‰๐—…๐–พ๐—๐–พ โœ“ ๐™ฝ๐™ฐ๐š๐š„๐šƒ๐™พ ๐—Œ๐–บ๐—Œ๐—Ž๐—„๐–พ ๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—๐—‚๐—๐–บ ๐™ญ ๐–ฟ๐–พ๐—†๐–บ๐—…๐–พ!๐—ˆ...