I'm The Alpha's Challenge

By juiceboxbrat159

Highest- #129 in Werewolf With a father who beats her at home, a sister who bully's her at school, a mother... More

New comers
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 Josh POV
61 Josh POV
62 Josh POV
63 Josh POV
64
65
66
67
67
68
69
70
71
72
Chapter 1 (josh POV)
Josh POV chapter 2 bonus
Cormac Bonus
bonus chapter (Levis story)
levis bonus part 2

6

42K 960 107
By juiceboxbrat159

I decided to wear a long sleeved bright blue V-neck shirt and jeans with flats for school the next day. I was a little reluctant to confront Jake, but the thought that someone would actually talk to me...was...amazing. I was humming as I brushed my hair and fixed breakfast for my family. I slung my bag over my shoulder and strolled out the door, grinning.

A huge black SUV stopped beside me on the road, its window rolling down. I pulled out my iPod and put it back in my bag. Josh smiled back at me. "Hey! What're you doin'? You need a ride?" he asked.

I blushed, glancing behind him into the passenger's seat. A blond haired boy stared at me with pale blue eyes. He was young, maybe about eight or so, and I could tell he was going to be a cute teenager. I smiled, stilling blushing, and nodded shyly. Josh whipped around, smacking the boy lightly in the shoulder.

"Levi!" he said. "Get in the back."

"But Josh-" The boy, Levi, began, but Josh interrupted him again.

"Now." He ordered.

The boy huffed and slid out of the seat, leaving it wide open for me. My cheeks were still hot with blood as I slipped around the car, stopping at the open door. "So this is the girl who don't talk?" a female voice asked from the back. I got into the car, turning around to study her more deeply. She was pretty, with highlighted straight brown hair and big, soft brown eyes. Her figure was perfect, with curves in all the right places, and she showed it off with tight clothes.

Josh rolled his eyes, chuckling. "Yea. Danny, this is Iya, Iya, this is Danny."

Iya smiled at me. "Nice ta meet ya." She said, smiling.

The young boy coughed. "Are you forgetting someone?" he asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Nah," Josh waved his hand in the arm, turning around to face to wheel again.

The boy pouted. "My name's Levi." He said proudly, sitting up a little straighter. I smiled at him, laughing slightly.

"Ya littl' squirt," Josh teased, smiling at him in the rear view mirror. Josh turned his smile to me. "He's my little brother, and she's my cousin. We have ta take squirt here to the elementary school first, it that's okay, but Iya's a sophomore, so she'll come to the high school with us." He kept the window down as he pressed on the gas.

Iya huffed. "I'm supposed to be a junior, but I missed the cut off day. It's stupid, really." She said. I smiled and chuckled.

"I'm one of the oldest in 3rd grade." Levi said proudly.

"Usually, Josh's younger brother, a-" Iya started before Josh shot her a dark look. "He's usually here with us, but he's sick." She finished. I couldn't stop smiling. I ran my fingers through my hair several times as we drove.

Levi tugged on Iya's shirt. "What, Levi?" she asked.

"Guess what we're learning in class!" he said, slightly bouncing in his seat.

"What?" she asked, humoring him.

"We're learning about animals. Isn't that cool?"

"Totally," Josh interrupted, "what else are you learning in class? They teachin' you anything good?" he asked in that horrible grammar of his.

Levi scowled. "Yea. Mrs. Freshwater's teachin' us the multiplication table, and Mrs. O'Neill's sayin' my grammar ain't good."

I laughed along with Josh and Iya. "She's just sayin' that 'cause she's jealous of our southern ways." Iya joked.

"I swear this town's never had a southern family in their midst's." Josh said, scoffing. I shook my head at him. His eyes widened. "You haven't? Really? Oh, wow." I laughed; this town was way too small. I stared at him for a while, watching how the smile across his face light up his eyes even brighter, how his laugh echoed through my ears. That little stubble across his chin that I wanted to run my hand across, and through his hair, just to feel its texture. I loved his posture in the driver's seat; calm, relaxed, hands loose but ready at the wheel, like he hadn't a care in the world. The white t-shirt he had on showed his dark skin and muscles clearly, especially when he ran a hand through his hair to tame it from the wind. Since the windows were still down, my hair was flying everywhere also. But I had learned not to bother with it. Iya wasn't messing with hers either, but it seemed like hers had more spray in it. I noticed how Josh's free hand was on the holder in between the two chairs, as if waiting for someone to clasp it.

I was still thinking about him when he moved, breaking my train of thought, to turn into the U-shaped parking lot of the elementary school. "Bye guys!" Levi shouted, slinging his backpack over his shoulder and hopping out the door.

Josh held his fist out to his little brother. "See ya later, squirt." He said, smiling. Levi knocked Josh's fist, laughing like a little boy looking up to his big brother.

Levi's hand hovered on the door. "Bye Iya," he said, and then turned to me. I swear I saw a little red on his cheeks. "Bye Danny." He said and closed the door. Iya burst out laughing, and Josh smiled, shaking his head.

Iya was still cracking up in the back seat when Josh pulled out of the lot. I turned in my seat to give her a confused look. "I think Mr. Squirt has a little crush!" Iya laughed, turning red in the face and clutching her stomach.

My eyes widened and I turned my gaze to Josh. He laughed through his nose, smiling. He glanced up in the rear view mirror. "That he does. And I think I need to knock some sense into 'em." He smiled, chuckling.

By now I was blushing beyond my normal. I glanced down at the tiny table again, seeing Josh's hand in the exact same position. It was as if he was saying; I'll always be here. Just take my hand and we'll go somewhere far away.

"Ha! She's blushin'!" Iya yelled, pointing and laughing at me. It only made me blush more.

Josh smiled and shook his head. "Chill out, Iya. Goodness."

Her laugh died until she was just smiling. "Fine. Fine. Okay. Whatever." She said, leaning in between the two seats, separating me and Josh. "Hey, Danny, have you taken Spanish II yet?" she asked, tilting her head towards me.

I nodded, scowling.

"Did you have Mrs. Romero?" she asked. I nodded again, scowling still. "Isn't she the worst teacher ever? Ugh, I hate her!" she made a face too, rolling her eyes.

I totally agreed with her, so I rolled my eyes. Josh sighed, leaning back in his seat with a hand on the wheel and the other still on the table.

"We're here!" Josh sang sarcastically.

"Yey! Another day at a new school. Whoopee!" Iya answered, copying her cousin's voice. I sighed, grabbing my bag in my hand. Josh parked the SUV, turning the car off and hooking his hands behind his head. He leaned back in his seat, sighing.

"I say we all just stay here in the car. Technically, we're at school, right?" he smiled, closing his eyes.

Iya's eyes glinted. "Of course," she replied, "But it's our second day, Josh. Let's go."

He groaned like she had just invaded his happy place. He sat up and kicked the door open and slid out. I followed him quickly, securing my bag on my shoulder. Whispers blew around me, and I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I shut the door. Both Iya and Josh came around the SUV with their books, and Josh locked the car. I smiled at him and he returned it. "Hey, it's no problem." He said, walking around with me and Iya towards the front door.

"Yea, Danny!" Iya exclaimed. "You should get a ride with us every day!"

Josh smiled at me. "She's right. You should. I can give you a ride to and from school from now on if that's all right?" he asked. I smiled at both of them and nodded. Destiny would be pissed, but who cares? I finally have friends again. She can go somewhere else for all I care right now. As a matter of fact, as soon as we all entered into the school, she and Jake were glaring at me. I almost froze right then, turned, and ran out the door. But instead, I pressed myself tighter in-between Iya and Josh, and stared at the floor as we walked pass. I glanced up to see Destiny yelling at Jake, pushing him away while he scowled at her. Her heels clicked on the floor as she walked towards us.

"Joshy!" she squealed, taking hold of his other arm. I scooted more towards Iya, who was staring at them as she walked with a bewildered expression.

Josh blinked, raising an eyebrow at her. "Can I help you, Destiny?" he asked.

She shot a dark look at me before answering him. "Oh, of course, sweetie! You can walk me to class! C'mon!" she started to drag him away, but he dug his heels into the ground.

Wrenching his arm from her grip, he shook his head. "Uh, no thanks." I glanced around; everyone was watching. Was my wolf here? I scanned the crowd as they laughed at Destiny, searching for any signs that maybe he was here. But Destiny's 'huff' brought me back to lock eyes with her. Bitch, she mouthed and turned away, strutting away from us.

She is so gonna kill me. I thought, sighing. That, I thought, is something I am sure of. I was doomed, but right now she couldn't hurt me, and I could do anything I wanted. Anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 18.2K 32
Cecilia Rain is a wolf with the Gift of Nature, but her Gift is different than others. While most wolves can only access Nature, Social, Warrior or H...
47.1K 1.3K 21
A 18 year old girl named Paisley is one of the last Hybrids alive , they're a dying breed. At least that's what she thinks... When she finds her mate...
650K 21.4K 58
She is shy, no argument there. She is afraid to speak up, afraid of conflict, afraid of everyone around her. She is still special. But she doesn't...
233K 9.4K 42
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...