Stolen

By ChaseRenea

My name is Jade. I was kidnapped and given as a gift. Like a pet. A gift meant to mend the bond between a fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

17

71.3K 2.2K 303
By ChaseRenea

My plan to wake up before him didn't work as well as I'd thought. Granted, I was awake first, but I couldn't get up.

Both of his arms were wrapped tightly around me, like bars. When I tried to move he would simply pull me closer against him and go back to sleeping peacefully. So I slipped out under his arms, leaving my pillow in place.

I showered as quickly as I could and got dressed in my pretty dress again and pulled my hair up, leaving strands down in the front. I didn't have any makeup to put on.

I decided to read some more of the goodwife book while I waited for Blake to wake up.

17. She is modest.

18. She makes her husband feel needed and appreciated.

19. She doesn't gossip (especially not around a man)

I looked up from my book when I heard Blake moving around. He looked annoyed to be awake and looked down at the pillow in confusion before looking at me.

"Did we f-" he started to ask.

"No." I interrupted as I got up. "We did not. We just slept."

"Yeah," he yawned. "Okay. Give me the pain meds out of that top drawer. I have a headache."

"Hangover." I corrected.

"Headache." He growled. I nodded and handed him the bottle of headache medicine.

He took two pills and tossed it on the table before he looked around a bit. He noticed the suit beside him.

"You set out a suit?" He asked. I nodded and looked at my hands, twisting my fingers together. "Thanks, I think. Why?"

"To help."

"Help?"

"I'm supposed to help you get ready for work. The book says it." I shrugged. He sighed.

"Is that the book you were reading when I woke up?" He asked glancing at the sofa where I left the book. I nodded. "Give it."

"I'm sorry?"

"Give me the damn book." He ordered. I grabbed the book and handed it to him. He flipped through the pages and made a face before I watched him rip down it's paper spine and toss both halves to the floor on the other side of the bed.

"I don't want some woman from a book." He said getting up. "I don't want a book, I like the girl who ran into my office to hide and protect her friend, Ronnie."

"You know?!" I gasped, trying to ignore that he soberly said he liked me. Stupid hormones.

"That Ronnie helped you escape?" He raised a brow. "Of course. I watched the tapes the first night you slept here, before he erased them."

I was shocked. My jaw hung open and I felt a sudden panic rising in my chest. Blake smirked at me and put his finger on my chin to close my mouth.

"He's safe." He assured me. "I'm thankful he helped you. If he hadn't, you'd have never run into my office- wearing just my shirt- and I may have never even met you."

He was standing right in front of me, just watching me for a moment while I tried to process this. I looked back up at him, but he looked rather unhappy.

"I also know, you only wanted to stay because of him." He said looking at the sofa behind me. I stepped in front of it and stood on my toes so we were making eye contact.

"At first."

"And now. I didn't figure that part out until recently. I only fully put it together yesterday."

I couldn't argue with him. For a moment, I'd really wanted to stay here. Stay with him. Then I saw the girl that went into his office, now I just wanted to go home.

"I knew it," he mumbled after a moment of silence. I stepped forward and tried to wrap my arms around him, but he shoved me back and grabbed the suit from the bed before going into the bathroom.

I sat on the sofa, lost in thought while I waited for him. Maybe I could just tell him what's really going on right now. Why I don't want to stay anymore. Maybe he'll be my story book prince and fix everything. I laughed out loud at my childish thought. Blake stepped out of the bathroom, tying his tie. He messed with it for a moment, unable to get it properly tied.

"Now look at this," he groaned throwing the tie off. "I can't even tie this stupid thing right now."

I got up from the sofa and grabbed his tie. I put it over his neck and lifted his collar, before I silently tied his tie for him.

"Why do you have to leave me?" He whispered. I looked down at our feet, but he lifted my chin.

"I don't belong here" I shrugged.

"I want you to."

"You have plenty of girls to keep you company." I mumbled. "You don't need me here to bother you."

He looked confused and I rolled my eyes, stepping away from him.

"I saw the girl go into your office and I heard you talking to Jim. I'm right here on the same floor and you go across the hall with some girl, knowing I wanted to stay with you? Then you get mad at me for wanting to go home?"

"I never got mad. I-"

"You did get mad. You stormed off after coming back drunk and sleeping with some girl across the hall."

"Maybe if you hadn't lied to me, I wouldn't have to storm off to control my temper. I've held my temper very well with you now stop it." He was almost yelling as he stepped closer to me. "If you hadn't lied to me, I wouldn't need to be drunk to come back here without questioning you as to why. I wouldn't need to sleep with some other girl instead of asking you to stay so I can marry you."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused. Determined not to let him scare me, I stepped forward and crossed my arms. I knew I had lied more than once, but I needed to know what he'd figured out. "When did I lie to you?"

"When you said you wanted to stay." He said quietly, with a challenging glare.

"It was a lie when I said it, but I did want to stay at one point. Obviously, not anymore."

"You wouldn't stay even if you wanted to," he said looking at the door. "I've gotta go get started on my work. Don't find anymore books full of stupid ideas."

He left as he spoke and slammed the door. I fell onto the bed and cried into one of his pillows until Ronnie knocked on the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 94 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
17.2K 1.2K 45
She lost her father and was abandoned by her mother left with a five year old little sister to care for. She and her sister has to face bullying bec...
44.6K 1.8K 33
πŸ₯‰πŸ₯‰Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020πŸ₯‰πŸ₯‰ Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...
85 0 8
Hi my name is Jade Barr. I am 17 years old. My life is fucked up. My dad left me and my mom. I'm was living with a evil stepfather until I ran away f...