Sword of The Lanterns

By Lizardgurl

Jaina is an human alien. No one, not even the Guardians of the Universe, know where she is from. And she can'... More

Prologue
Chapter One- Chosen
Chapter Two- Oa
Chapter Three- Training
Chapter Four- Killawog
Chapter Five- Sword
Chapter Six- Meeting the Team
Chapter Seven- Touring the Clubhouse
Chapter Eight- Violet Blade
Chapter Nine- What's a "Mall"?
Chapter Ten- Crazy
Chapter Eleven- Training
Chapter Twelve- The Force
Chapter Thirteen- First Mission
Chapter Fourteen- Tamba
Chapter Fifteen- Silver
Chapter Sixteen- Family and Friends
Chapter Seventeen- School
Chapter Eighteen- Handstands
Chapter Nineteen- Cocky
Chapter Twenty- A Disturbance In The Force
Chapter Twenty-One- Brothers
Chapter Twenty-Two- Shadows
Chapter Twenty-Three- Innovation
Chapter Twenty-Four- B-88
Chapter Twenty-Five- Date Night
Chapter Twenty-Six- Life Day
Chapter Twenty-Seven- Star Sapphire
Chapter Twenty-Eight- Mines
Chapter Twenty-Nine- Sinestro
Chapter Thirty- Finding
Chapter Thirty-One- Holidays
Chapter Thirty-Two- Snow
Chapter Thirty-Three- Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might...
Chapter Thirty-Four- ...Beware My Power...
Chapter Thirty-Six- What Comes Next?
Chapter Thirty-Seven- Found.
Chapter Thirty-Eight- Decisions
Chapter Thirty-Nine- Goodbye...For Now
Dedication + Fanart

Chapter Thirty-Five- ...Green Lantern's Light!

2.1K 98 81
By Lizardgurl

"GREEN LANTERN CORPS", THE NEW GREEN LANTERN MOVIE, IS GONNA HAVE BOTH HAL AND JOHN AND I AM PLEASED BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE JESSICA CRUZ JOIN THEM.

AND JUST A WARNING THIS CHAPPIE IS SUPER LONG BECAUSE I HAD A LOT THAT I WANTED TO FIT IN.

The lightning caught Jaina in her chest, throwing her against the cage that trapped Vilas and Vonda Ra. Vonda Ra cackled, cheering on Tamith Kai. Vilas didn't say anything, but Jaina could feel the pain radiating off of Vilas, as if he was being held together by sheer hatred. 

Aqualad blocked the next shot, creating a shield of water and sorcery to keep Tamith Kai from hitting the others.

"Miss Martian to Aqualad, we found the civilians! Should we regroup?"

Jaina whimpered in pain, forcing herself to get up.

"Don't bring them back here, we don't want them getting hurt!" Robin said.

"What did you guys get yourselves into this time?" Zatanna asked.

"I am not gonna answer that," Kid snapped back. Artemis ducked outside the cover of the shield for a moment, trapping Tamith Kai in high-density polyurethane foam (A/N- I HAVE BEEN WAITING THIS WHOLE BOOK TO BRING THAT IN! XD) and insulating her lightning.

"That won't hold her for-" Even as Jaina tried to warn them, the foam trap burst into little tiny shards that flew every which way. Jaina protected herself with her ring, and the others were still safe behind Aqualad's shield.

"You little fools!" Tamith Kai spat, shooting lightning at the ceiling. Then, she concentrated all her fire on Aqualad's shield, which slowly began to crack under pressure, then shattered all at once, exposing Kaldur, Robin, Wally, and Artemis to the deadly dark element.

"No!" Jaina dove to shield her friends, who were writhing painfully on the ground, and her Green Lantern shield barely held up.

"Stop."

The voice did not yell, and it did not whisper. It simply echoed through the room, and everyone simply stopped of their own volition.

Tamith Kai grinned wickedly at Jaina, and she knew that whoever had spoken could not be on their side.

She looked around for the source of the voice, but it sounded like it had come from all around her. Finally she looked up, and saw an observation deck lit up high above their heads, and someone was inside.

Silver pushed his hand forwards, and shards of glass rained down on top of them, except for Tamith Kai, Vilas, and Vonda Ra in the prison, who all seemed to miraculously avoid any lass from falling on them from overhead. Jaina used her ring to protect her almost-unconscious friends. Was that all that she was now? A shield? 

She squeezed herself into a ball, shaking as a blurry memory surged into her mind. She tried so hard, but she couldn't concentrate on channeling her willpower through her ring and remembering her past at the same time.

Besides, if it was all as traumatic as she sensed that one had been, did she really want to remember?

Silver spread his arms and floated down to the ground, standing over Jaina. His silver cloak flapped loudly, like a bird's wings. 

Jaina sneered. Sinestro hovered just behind Silver, his yellow lantern ring alight.

"Nice of you to join us, Silver," She snapped.

"Still forgetting, are we?" Silver hummed smugly.

"Not very much." Tamith Kai snapped her fingers, releasing Vonda Ra and Vilas. "Retrieve the others," she instructed. Vilas and Vonda Ra ran down the hall, the one the rest of the team had gone down. 

No one moved to attack, no one tried to warn them, and Jaina found that she couldn't move. Her body was immobile, frozen by Silver's cold eyes. From the way Tamith Kai was concentrating on her friends, they were frozen in place too. 

Moments later, Zatanna, Miss Martian, Superboy, Rocket, Wolf, Sphere, and all of Jaina's school friends were pulled into the room, pulled by Vilas and Vonda Ra on an invisible chain, their faces stopped in shock and terror. There had been no fight, that was sure.

"I'm sure Tamith Kai told you my proposition, Jaina Solo."

"It's Jaina Jordan." She snapped.

"Jaina?" Marvin mumbled. Vonda Ra moved her pinkie finger ever so slightly, and Marvin's arm bent at an awkward angle. He couldn't even cry out in pain, at which Vonda Ra laughed. No one else dared to speak.

"She said no, Brakiss," Tamith Kai hissed. 

Silver tried to frown, he really did. "Sinestro?"

The yellow lantern held up his ring, which blinked several times. Another door opened. 

It was a yellow thing, the huge, yellow creature that Jaina had seen in the forests of Tamba months ago.

And he wasn't alone.

"Louisa! Victor!" Jaina screamed. She broke through Silver's icy stare and ran towards the yellow monster, throwing bright green bolts of energy at him. They all bounced off his jelly-like body or missed him completely. When she tried to reach for the two small children, the golden creature, glowing with a yellow light just like Sinestro, promptly absorbed the two children.

"No!" Jaina cried. She pounded against him, trying to reach in and pull them out, but his outer layer hardened, and her ring stopped working. Within, the two children writhed to get into an upright position, their mouths opening and closing like a fish's.

She was frozen in place again, and Silver slowly dragged her back towards him, though she resisted with all her might.

"Do not fear, Jaina Solo, they are still alive." He assured her. One by one, Silver's friends placed Jaina's team and school friends within the yellow creature, who swelled with each addition. Even Wolf and Sphere were shoved inside. 

"Waru's unique physiology will keep them alive, without having to worry about the resistence they pose." 

"Jaina, don't listen to-" Wally's voice was cut off as Vonda Ra lugged him inside Waru with a sadistic grin, Superboy and Aqualad and even Mal pounded at Waru's translucent skin, but it was unbreakable.

"What do you want!?" Jaina screamed. Silver let her free, she was no longer frozen, but now she was surrounded by two yellow lanterns and the four shadows. The odds did not seem in her favor.

But she was a Green Lantern, and a Jedi.

"We've told you already, we want to send you home!" Sinestro spread his arms, like he was asking for a hug.

Jaina glared at the alien. "I don't want to go home. If I do, I'll forget about them and leave you free to ravish this world!" She pointed her finger back at Waru.

Silver sighed, removing something from his belt. "If you won't, then I will allow Waru to absorb their energy."

There was no mistaking the collective gasp within Waru. Zatanna, Megan, Wendy, and Lisa held Louisa and Victor close, shielding them from what appeared to be an inevitable end.

Jaina stared at her friends, trapped within. 

"No," Wally mouthed over and over, shaking his head. Artemis was shouting something, trying to claw her way out with her arrows. Robin said nothing, only stared at Jaina with his face and hands pressed up against Waru's skin like a windowpane. Kaldur merely seemed resigned to his fate.

She swallowed. They were never going to forgive her.

"I-"

Something shot past her nose.

"No!" Sinestro cried. It headed right for Waru. It phased through Waru's skin and landed on Aqualad's finger.

"Kaldur'ahm of Earth, you have the ability to inspire great hope. Welcome to the Blue Lantern Corp."

The voice echoed through the room, and Waru was suddenly glowing blue, and so was Kaldur, his red shirt now blue as everyone stared at him

A bright red shooting star shot after it, followed by a pink one.

"Connor Kent of Earth and Krypton, you have great anger within you. Welcome to the Red Lantern Corp."

"Zatanna Zatara of Earth and the Magi, you have great love in your heart. Welcome to the Violet Lantern Corp." 

While Connor and Zatanna were transforming, an orange burst of light, a yellow burst of light, and a purple comet bigger than any of the other lights found their way into the room and to other members of the team.

"Richard John Grayson of Earth, you have the ability to instill great fear. Welcome to the Yellow Lantern Corp."

"Wallace Rudolph West of Earth, you have great greed within you. Welcome to the Orange Lantern Corp."

"Artemis Lian Crock of Earth, you have great willpower within you. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps."

The energy was too much for Waru, and he spat all of them out onto the floor. the purple light, a staff as tall as Kaldur, chose M'gann, speaking in an alien language. the seven of them lay on the floor, covered in a thick, clear liquid and staring at the power recently bestowed on them.

"Attack!" Sinestro told Silver and the others. "Attack while you still can!"

Jaina rolled onto her back and kicked Silver in the stomach, forcing him back and giving her the time she needed to call out her lime-green sword.

Silver grinned. He had wanted this. "So, Jaina Solo, it's just you and me, isn't it?" With a snap-hiss, the object in his hand sprung to life. A blood-red laser blade.

Tamith Kai's lightning was of no use.  Aqualad immediately blocked it with a shield from his powerful new ring. Miss Martian firmly planted her staff into the ground, a faint purple field protecting her recovering friends from any more harm. With Tamith Kai shocked, Aqualad leaped into the air and came at her from above.

"Girl Lantern, I need your memories!" Miss Martian shouted.

"Take 'em!" As she jabbed at Silver with her sword, green and red clashing, Jaina briefly opened her mind, feeling M'gann quickly root around, until she found what she was looking for. Then, the martian added the rest of the team to the link, opening their minds and teaching them in two seconds what Jaina had spent months learning from John, Hal, Guy, and Carol.

Robin, a quick study, took his new yellow ring and aimed it at Vilas. The young dark Jedi was no match for the fury of Robin's glowing yellow bird-shaped boomerangs, matched with deadly accuracy and little mercy.

Superboy gave a feral yell, jumped, and landed on Vonda Ra in an explosion of red. The symbol on his chest was no longer Superman's. It was the symbol of the Red Lantern corp. Anger.

Kid Flash sped around the room faster than he ever had before. But now, instead of a blur, he was black-and-orange lightning, a perfect distraction for all the Shadows while Artemis shot glowing green arrows at Sinestro.

"Those don't work on me, little girl!" Sinestro cried. 

"Then how about we change that color!" Zatanna shouted a challenge, her unintelligible spell matched with blinding pink energy, changing Sinestro's suit any color of the rainbow but yellow.

"Nice move, Zee!" Artemis shot an arrow again, and it stuck out of the back of Sinestro's hand. 

The young magician nodded, and turned her focus to helping Miss Martian. The two of them worked to free Rocket and the others from Waru. Rocket had a shield around the civilians now, but it wouldn't hold for long under Waru's yellow lantern attack.

Silver came down hard on top of Jaina. She could feel her sword flickering under his barrage.

"You grow weak, Jedi," He sneered, "You self-righteous, self-sacrificing little- !" He was shaking with anger, unable to finish his sentence. He brought his sword down once more, and the Jaina's blade shattered on impact.

Silver stood above Jaina, his blade aimed for her throat. He had her trapped, but she saw something that he didn't.

"You can still go home, have everything you've ever wanted back!

"Your brothers."

Robin and Wally smashed Vilas into the wall.

"Your friends!"

Artemis snatched the ring off of Sinestro's finger. M'gann and Zatanna pulled Rocket and the others out of Waru. Connor threw Vonda Ra across the room.

"Your love!"

Kaldur dropped Tamith Kai with Vonda Ra and Vilas, and quickly re-activated the cage.

"Your parents!"

All that came to mind were Hal and Carol.

"All your precious memories! You could have had them back!"

Jaina shook her head. "I've already got my memories." 

She held out her hand, and on her cue, Bee, who had hidden in the corner of the doorway with the bioship, shot her lightsaber hilt into the air like a rocket. It flew in a perfect arc across the room and fell neatly into her hand. 

Silver's blade came down, but it never met its mark.

Jaina's blade ignited, and the growing blade hacked off Silver's forearm.

The older man cried out and fell to his knees in front of Jaina, who stood.

After his shout died down, he gasped for breath, grinning just as crazily as Vonda Ra.

"You...lose...Jedi."

Something on his detached arm beeped, and Jaina saw an ebony hunk wrapped around his middle finger.

Sphere and Bee squealed in alarm, and Superboy quickly translated. "The wacko's set this whole place to self-destruct!"

The floor vibrated beneath them.

"Don't worry, we got them in the bioship!" Rocket assured them from the back hatch. 

"Wait, what about them?" M'gann's eyes flicked between the Silver adn the Shadows. Sinestro and Waru had already disappeared.

Tamith Kai grinned, her face illuminated by a dark, ebony glow. An aura of death.

"You poor fools," Her grin matched Vonda Ra's and Vilas's. "You poor, weak-minded fools."

"Forget them!" Wally grabbed Artemis and ran aboard the bioship. Jaina was the last to make it, Kaldur's hand firmly gripping her wrist.

"You will never find peace!"

"Who said that?" Jaina's head whipped about the bioship's cabin.

"Said what?" Wally asked, buckling Victor into one of the seats.

"Do you hear me, Jaina Solo!?"

"Everyone hold onto something!" M'gann said, putting the bioship to full throttle.

Brakiss's voice echoed painfully in Jaina's head, as Shadow Academy 2.0 was vaporized behind them.

"YOU WILL NEVER FIND PEACE!"

Illustrations for this chapter:

THERE'S LIKE THREE MORE CHAPTERS TO GO OH MY DOCTOR FATE

Also, I have an EU blog book up now if you're interested

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1K 14
Everyone has cracks, some are just better at hiding them then others. M'gann is lonely but the kindest. Aqualad had a very troubling past, but his...
39K 835 64
(Season 1) ✅After Black Canary and Green Arrow discover a boy with no memory of his life, Canary takes the boy under her wing and tries to help him f...
2.5K 104 23
A young justice fan fiction story based on our OCs Two girls discover their destinies in the strangest and probably harshest way possible. Both were...
227K 8.1K 37
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...