Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

43. Unanswered Questions

11.3K 426 134
By GraceAndGlorious

Heya people! How are you? Sorry for the wait! Schools and exams! :(

Dedicated to @livemaxi for their amazing comments and votes. Thanks! :)

You'll know why I made that picture! ----> :)

CHAPTER 43 - Unanswered Questions

He asked me to be his girlfriend!!

I was freaking out inside when he said those words. 'Will you be my girlfriend?'

Ah! I still can't believe my ears. Did they heard it right?

I am just too happy to believe it! God, how can you bless me such a sudden and that too with such a perfect guy? Love you for God! You're the best!

Okay, I think I am going crazy now.

With the thoughts in my mind, I entered the school's building when my eyes went on Blair and Jess, standing near my locker, probably waiting for me.

"Hey guys!" I chirped. I've been very cheerful thses days, I guess you already know the reason.

Blair narrowed her eyes at me and shook my shoulder,"You're saying 'hey' to us? Isn't there something more important than that to tell us Jady?"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I announced.

"Oh really?" Jess asked.

"Yeah." I replied innocently.

"So, you dating school's hottest guy is not important to you?" Blair exclaimed.

Ohhh, I was so lost in my daydreaming about Ryan that I totally forgot to tell them about it. 

But..wait..How do they know about it?

"How do you guys know?" I asked, a red bright blush creeping on my cheek.

"Everyone in the school knows about it. Rumors spread too fast Jady." Blair stated. True, gossip and our school are like best friends forever.

"So, when were you planning to tell us?" Jess yelled.

"Soon." I answered. 

"Ahh, leave it now Jess. The good thing is that our little Jady is dating. nd that to school's Greek God!" Blair admired. Hey, he's my boyfriend now!

"Agin, you've a boyfriend Blair and more gross, that the guy you're fangirling on is Jady's boyfriend. So drop it now." Jess spoke.

"Yeah, yeah. But we can share him, right Jady?" Blair joked. I wish that it was a joke or I'll end up punching you Miss Barbie.

I shook my head in disgust, causing Jess to chuckle and Blair to pout because I didn't agree to share Ryan. And I will never ever do that.

"Lets get to class and yes, you've to tell us everything during lunch. Okay?" Jess ordered,

"Sure." I answered, while walking.

"Hey Jady, will Ryan be there during lunch?" Blair asked.

I though for a second and then realized. I've not seen him during lunch much. Guess, he goes somewhere else then.

"Don't know." I answered, causing Blair to gasp.

"What?" I asked her.

"You don't know where your boyfriend will be? That's not good Jady. You should always know where your boyfriend or husband is." Blair explained.

"Should I put a GPS system in him?" I aksed sardonically.

"Haha, not funny. I am just asking, what if he's cheating on you during that time?" as Blair said those words, I went again to my thinking land. No, it can never happen. I trust Ryan. He'll never do anything to hurt me.

But what if it's true?

Ahh, don't listen to Blair, she's always like this. Ryan's a great guy. He won't do anything like that.

"He won't. I trust him." I announced.

"Sometimes, you can be proven wrong Jady!" Blair sang.

-

-

"So, that is how it all happended!" I finished with my whole story about how Ryan asked me. Plus, I even told them that Shaggy is Ryan.

"Aw, that's so cute." Jess 

"It really was. I never thought he'll be so cute." Blair commented, smiling.

"Ah, don't call him that. He thinks a guy's never cute." I stated.

"Same's with Xavier." Jess said.

"Derek says that too. Why don't guys like to be called 'cute'?" Blair questioned.

I wonder why!

The bell ran and we took exit from the cafeteria when I was pulled away from my friends. 

I looked who did it and found a smirking Ryan.

"Hi." I said, observing that the corridors were getting empty. Good thing.

He pressed me against the wall, not hurting me and whispered in my ears, making me shiver,"Hey Cupcake."

"How are you?" I asked, while he traced a soft his on my jaw, making me shiver even harder. First the freezing weather then his kisses, I'll die by shiver today!

"I saw you, so how can I not be great?" he spoke softly.

"Ah, that was a corny line." I commented.

"Do you like corny then?" he asked, smiling, still leaning towards me. The corridors were empty but the good thing, it's my P.E period so I can bunk it if I want. All I do there is sit, so doesn't matter if I am there or not.

"Kinda." I smiled, playing with his collar.

"Okay.." he paused, thinking then begin again,"How about..'Are you religious? Because you're the answer to all my prayers'."

"Aww, that was even cornier." I commented, chuckling.

He pouted at me, looking like an adorable puppy,"You didn't like it?"

"I would have but searching 'corny pick up lines' on the internet is not very original Ryan. Try something of your own." I chuckled, getting away from his grip.

I walked to the opposite side of the corridor, followed by Ryan.

"Hey, I don't wasted time on searching thses stupid things on internet but I did for you. You should be proud of me." he said, straighting his collar.

I chuckled and said sardonically,"Yeah, I should be proud of my boyfriend because he can Google pick up lines. Wow."

He came closer to me while I was still laughing and said intensely,"Say that again."

I raised my eyebrow in confusion,"Say what?"

"I am your what?" he asked, leaning in.

I started to shiver like a lost kitty again and said,"Boyfriend?"

He suddenly pulled away and said,"That sounded like a question to me."

"Okay, so here we go again. You're my boyfriend. Happy? Now it didn't sound like a question to-"

Before I could finish my rant, Ryan's lips were on mine. 

This kiss was more passionate then our previous ones. I ran my fingers through his soft hair. I felt his grip tighten on my waist and he came even closer, leaving no room between us.

He begin to deepen the kiss when I suddenly opened my eyes and saw Aiden standing at the corridor's end, looking at us. He looked angry.

Wait..angry? Why?

I pulled away from Ryan because I felt uncomfortable in kissing in front of someone else.

Ryan raised his eyebrow in a questioning look when I said,"Class, I got to go. Bye."

I begin to run to the P.E room when Ryan shouted,"Be ready at 7 tonight."

I suddenly turned to him and asked,"For what?"

"Because I am taking you on a date."

-

-

After I came home, I was too busy in deciding what to wear for the date. I didn't know where we were going so it was more difficult to choose the outfit. I even messaged Ryan, asking about where we are going, but he didn't tell me. Not even a tiny little clue.

Jerk.

I was looking through my dresses when I felt something. Like someone is outside my door.

I immediately opened it and found Tracie, Sage's friend, walking to the stairs.

Why's Tracie even here? Sage doesn't really bring her friends home. Then why today?

"Hey Tracie. " I chirped, but was suspicious inside.

"Hi Jade." she said.

"Long time huh?" I spoke.

"Yeah. Okay, I gotta go now. Talk to you later." she announced.

Observing her sudden leave, I asked,"Why? Why are you leaving so soon? Stay with Sage?" 

A sad look creeped on her face when she spoke,"I am here since the afternoon. I gotta go now. But you take care of Sage."

Take care of Sage? Oh God, was she sick?

As she waved bye and went outside, I ran to Sage's room. Fortuntely, her door was opened.

I peeped inside and saw her sitting on the edge of her bed, looking lost.

"Hey Sage. What's wrong?" I asked, sitting next to her.

She looked at me and smiled,"Nothing."

Something is wrong. I am know you too well sister. You can't fool me. Well..not anymore.

"Sage, please tell me." I said.

"There's nothing Jade. Believe me." she convinced. But I knew something is wrong.

"Then why did Tracie told me to 'tare care' of you?" I asked.

"Because she's an idiot." she chuckled.

That's it. Now, it's confirmed. Something's wrong. I know she acts happy when she's sad. I know her well enough.

Then something popped in my head..

"Did something happened between you and Aiden?" I asked, which made her face to change a little. That's my clue. That's the reason why she's sad.

'Did you guys.." I even couldn't finish my sentence. Did they really? Did they broke up?

She nodded shyly, causing my heart to break. It hurts to see her so sad.

"Why? When?" I asked with concern.

"Remember what I told you about the whole not feeling that special feeling with Aiden?" she asked. 

I nodded in response when she begin,"So, I thought that I'll talk about this to Aiden today. When I reached him, he looked really angry but not with me. He told me the same things that I felt. Even he didn't feel the...special thing with me. I was a little happy to know that the feeling's matual. But then, he said that he can't take it anymore. He wanted to find someone with whom he felt the butterflies in his stomach, which he didn't with me. I thought we could sort it out but before I could say anything, he said that he's breaking up with me." 

My eyes were fixed on her face. Her face with a mixed look of sadness and relief. My hear breaks to see my sister who's stronger than anyone I know, becoming so weak. I just can't take it.

"I am going to break his nose." I blurted out.

Sage chuckled and said,"You won't do that. I told you that the feelings were mutual. The difference is that he said it first. No big deal. Promise me you won't beat him up."

"I know that Sage but still, he broke your heart." I said.

"Oh God, he didn't." she convinced.

"Then why are you so sad?" I aksed, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Because it's my first break up Jady. These things take time, okay? I'll be alright. Just don't do anything stupid." she ordered.

Well, it's true. It's her first heartbreak. Though, the feelings were mutual but it'll take some time to heal.

"Promise me you won't?" she pulled out her pinky at me, causing me to chuckle.

"A pinky promise?" I asked.

"Yeah, pinky promise." she smiled. I interlinked my pinky with her, causing both of us to chuckle.

"Ahh, you've grown to be more idiotic Bozohead." she laughed. And here comes my cruel sister again.

"At least, my idiotic behaviour can make you laugh." I pouted.

She ruffled my hair ansaid,"I am going to take some rest now."

I nodded and got up from her bed and went to the door when she called,"Hey Bozohead?"

"Mmm." 

"You and Ryan make a cute couple." she chuckled when I left the room, blushing.

I was lying on my bed when I thought..

I am not goint to the date with Ryan. I know it's rude to cancel it but my sister broke up today. I won't feel ood if I went out and have fun while she's home and sad.

So sorry! Have to cancel the date. Family problem. :'((

I texted Ryan. I felt bad in cancelling the date as well but I felt the pain for Sage. She's worth cancelling a date.

The beeping sound of my phone grabbed my attention. I picked it up and saw a new message. It was from Ryan.

Why? :(

Sage's not in a very well condition right now. Can't leave her alone. Soory Ryan! :'((

I waited for his text but nothing showed up. Ten minuted passed but his message didn't come.

God!!!

Please don't tell me he got angry with me.

I grabbed my phome to text him when a new message popped up.

Keep your window open.

Why? :3

Just do what I am telling you Rasberry! :)

I thought for a second and then unlocked my window. What is he even going to do?

I came back to my bed when I felt the window's flap open and someone breaking in.

Ryan!

"What was that?" I yelled, while he was coming in through the window. My room's on the second floor, how did he manage to do that?

"Wow, I though you'll be all over me after I do this daredevil stunt but no. All I am getting is your scolding." he said dramatically.

"That wasn't daredevil's stunt. It was stupitidy." I announced.

"When guys do it in the movies, girls check that they got any injury or not. But here's my girlfriend, screaming at me. God, what did I do wrong? All I wanted was to be appreciated by her and maybe get a heated make out session but she's scholding me? Why God? Why?" he looked up to the ceiling, pretending like talking to God.

"God, you're such a drama queen." I stated, and sat on my bed.

He sat beside me and wrapped his shoulder tightly around my shoulder and pouted,"So, am I going to get a kiss for being a drama queen?"

I chuckled and slapped his arm away,"No way."

I pushed my body to my bed and lay down. This day's very tiring.

"Wow, I asked for just a kiss but you're offering me more than that. Thank you." he said, smirking and lay beside me.

"I didn't lay down for 'offering' something to you." I stated.

"Aww, you're breaking my heart a lot today Cupcake!" he pouted, looking hell adorable.

After a few kisses, stupid talk and silly quarrelling, we started to talk about our lives. I told him whatever I had to tell. My life's pretty boring. Nothing much to tell.

"Ryan?" I said, while we were lying comfortably in my bed. His arms were wrapped around me and mine around his torso. His eyes were either fixed on the ceiling or me.

"Mmm." his fingers playing with my hair. 

"Why are you called the 'bad boy' of the school?" I asked. I still can't figure it out. I know, he had gotten into several fights but that's not a reason to consider someone a 'bad boy'. Bad boys are rude, but he's one of the cutest guy I know.  Keeping the cocky behaviour aside.

Don't tell him I called him cute or he'll kill me.

"I told you before too Cupcake. It's the people who give you these stupid tags. I've been the same since ever." he said, his eyes fixed on the ceiling.

"Even after Richie's death?" I asked softly, not trying to hurt his emotions.

"I tried my best to control myself. I was just seven Rasberry. It was hard to see your friend being killed in front of you." 

In front of? 

Being killed?

I pulled up my head so that I could look at his eyes and asked,"In front of you?"

"He was pushed from the cliff in front of me. I tried my best to run as fast I could to save him but I was unable to. If I was on time, Richie would have been alive. Happy and safe." he spoke, his voice was stiff. There was no change in it. 

"You shouldn't blame yourself for that, you know? It wasn't your fault. But then, who pushed him?" I asked.

He breath out and said, still looking at the ceiling. Why isn't he looking at me?,"A guy who hates everyone. Who thinks that he's the only one who deserve the best. No one else can't deserve it. He thinks that everyone will always choose him but that's not true. But when he's not chosen or ignored, he tries to hurt them. Try to scar their life forever." 

How can someone be so cruel? So cruel to kill a seven year old? So cruel to destroy someone's life?

"So he intentionally pushed him?" I asked.

"I don't know that. It looked like an accident but I think he did by purpose." he answered, clenching his jaw.

"Who's that guy?" I asked softly.

Ryan's eyes landed on mine, his face looked worried. Like a hury feeling rushed through him. Like he's not ready to tell.

"I can't tell you." he shook his head, not taking his eyes from mine.

"Why?" I asked curiously. Why can't he tell? What's wrong with that?

"I just can't." he announced.

It was a sensitive topic for him so I decided not to push him to tell me. 

Something's are better left unsaid.

"Hey, by the way, what happened to Sage?" he asked, changing the topic.

"Um..Aiden broke up from her today." I said, imagining her image in my mind.

His face fell, like he heard something he wasn't ready to. 

"What?" I asked. Why was that sudden change for?

He thought for a secong and then shook his head,"Nothing."

"Then why did you seemed so worried?" I asked.

"Nothing Cupcake. I just feel bad for her." he spoke.

I nodded but I knew something was wrong with him. His face looked so miserable and worried.

But why?

*********

Tring!!!! End of chapter 43! Just 5 chapters + an epilogue left!

I'll try my best to finish this story before my exams starts.

QUESTION TIME:

1) What's up with Ryan's sudden worried behaviour? :(

Hope you liked it! :))

Don't forget to :

VOTE

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 88 28
Dünyanın gerçeklerinden habersiz sıradan bir liseli genç kız Laya, birden bire kendini masal kitaplarındaki gibi bir hayatın içinde buluyor. Vampirl...
142K 2.2K 29
Harry looked her in the eyes and gulped. "You're pregnant." He said this time without hesitation. After he said that he was even more scared. The lo...
158K 6.2K 53
❝ Sometimes, life gives us a story we've never been told before. And sometimes, it's a story we don't know how to start and a story that we don't wan...
3K 58 9
This is my first fanfic so I'm sorry if I got a few things wrong and the characters aren't mine, you're the love interest