Countdown

By liv_dennison

You know those situations where you don't know how you'd react unless you were actually in that situation; ye... More

Introduction
Chapter One: PRESENT
Chapter Two -- ONE WEEK AGO: 9:01 PM
Chapter Three -- ONE WEEK AGO: 9:58 PM
Chapter Four -- SIX DAYS AGO 10:43 AM
Chapter Five -- SIX DAYS AGO 12:47 PM
Chapter Six -- SIX DAYS AGO 2:15 PM
Chapter Seven -- FIVE DAYS AGO 6:37 AM
Chapter Eight --- FIVE DAYS AGO 9:57 PM
Chapter Nine -- FOUR DAYS AGO 11:48 AM
Chapter Ten -- FOUR DAYS AGO 4:58 PM
Chapter Eleven -- FOUR DAYS AGO 5:32 PM
Chapter Twelve -- FOUR DAYS AGO 6:18 PM
Chapter Thirteen -- THREE DAYS AGO 1:13 AM
Chapter Fifteen -- THIRTY-TWO HOURS AGO 9:59 PM
Chapter Sixteen -- TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AGO 5:58 AM
Chapter Seventeen -- TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AGO 5:38 AM
Chapter Eighteen -- FIVE HOURS AGO 12:53 AM
Chapter Nineteen -- PRESENT 5:55 AM
Chapter Twenty -- PRESENT 6:03 AM
Chapter Twenty-One -- PRESENT 7:27 PM
Chapter Twenty-Two -- TWO MONTHS LATER
Author's Note

Chapter Fourteen -- TWO DAYS AGO 5:57 AM

36 9 12
By liv_dennison

Samantha's P.O.V.

     Alan hasn't been home at all since he left for St. Louis. He won't answer his texts or calls, and it's really starting to worry me. He could be hurt or in the hospital. This can't all be happening to me, right now.

     I thought about calling the station, but I knew they would say something about 24 hours until it's a missing person case. Now that it's been over that time, I'm going to tell them and make sure they do something about it.

     Sliding on some sweats and throwing up my hair in a messy bun, I got ready. Before I even left my room, that familiar, terrifying chime was heard from my computer that sat in the corner. I had tried and tried over and over again to call that number back to beg them to stop hurting her, but it wouldn't work. For hours, I just sat there listening to the beep informing me that the phone was either busy or not connected.

     I quickly ran to it, wanting to make sure Dani was okay and wasn't in pain. Once I clicked answer that same room was present with my little sister tied to the chair. My heart crushed as I let my eyes explore everything that they have visibly done to her. Her arms and legs had bruises as well as both of the sides of her face. One side was done not too long ago with blue and purple, but the other was already a greenish yellow and black color. Her lip was bleeding and tears stained her cheeks.

     My eyes bulged as I seen what they done to her. Anger coursed through my veins as I breathe more heavily.

     "What the hell did you do to her? Why?" I yelled, pounding my fist on the desk. He laughed cruelly, and answered me with, "Because I wanted to."

     I scrunched my nose in pure disgust of this man. What goes through someone's mind to treat young girls like that?

     "Well, Sam, I see you haven't done what we've asked to save your sister, so --" he trailed on, holding the so for his own pleasure in seeing me have a sudden burst of anxiety. Who am I kidding, I've been running off of anxiety since I first got that call from Tyler the first night. "-- fortunately for you, we are giving you another chance."

     My heart leaped in relief as I figured out Dani still had a chance. I can still save her.

     The man in the mask pulled out his phone as he held out a finger as to say 'hold on'. Then he announced, "Your 48 hours start now. If you don't have that evidence destroyed by Sunday at 6:00 AM sharp, I will not hesitate to shoot her right in front of you."

     "O-okay," I stuttered, unsure what the outcome of  this would be and slightly blindsided by his words.

     "I'll like some proof of it, too, by the way. And don't try to fake it, because I can tell when you're lying." He walked slowly back to Danielle, and I could see her tense up in his presence. "Just so you don't even think about wasting my time with fake proof..."

     He moved her long, dirty and greasy blonde hair out of the way so he could lean down and kiss her neck. I could see the hickies that were already placed there, terrifying me of what all probably has already happened.

     "Stop it! I understand: no fake proof," I repeated for him. He smiled into her neck before pulling away from her. As soon as he walked away, she relaxed a little.

     "See you again in 47 hours and 57 minutes, love," he dismissed, ending the video call.

     I placed my head in my hands, terrified and frustrated with all of this. This wasn't suppose to happen to me or her. This shouldn't happen to anyone. She's my sister. I can't have her killed. I have to destroy that evidence. I have to.

The look on Joey's face was exactly what I thought it would be. He rolled his eyes and huffed in frustration. Stomping over to me, he put up a finger and said, "You..."

     Before he could say another word, I put my hand out and told him, "I'm not here to start anything with Doug. I'm here to place a missing person case." He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, letting his hands cross over his chest. "Alan. I haven't seen or heard from him since he left to St. Louis the other night."

     "This isn't a joke or anything, is it? You're not here to snoop around?" he interrogated. I shook my head. "Come in and I'll file it for you."

     He lead me into my office and had me take a seat. I stared at all the new post-its, and I wondered. "Have you figured out any leads?"

     He eyed me in a way of saying he really shouldn't tell, but I think he really didn't care anymore. "Nope. There's literally no connection besides the notes and the crosses that were laid by them, but even in your notes, you said you thought it may represent a graveyard or just a way of giving the murderers some closure. The evidence box is pathetic. I don't think we'll ever solve this case."

     I raised my eyebrows in a "told you so" kind of way and watched Joey leave to get the papers. Working fast, I pulled the evidence box over and looked inside. Pictures of all the girls laying there lifeless with the cross above their head made me burn. I felt like the most terrible person on the planet. I'm taking away their last wish. Then, the thought crossed my mind.

     If I destroy this, more girls will be murdered for no reason at all. I would have been the one to kill them, too. I would have been the one who destroy their only chance. I can't. I can't do it.

     "What are you doing?" Joey asked, startling me. I looked up at him with tears falling down my face in both shame and fear of Danielle's death. "Sam?"

     "I-I can't. I can't do it," I repeated but aloud this time. He cocked his head to the side, confused. "I have to go."

     "What about Alan?" he asked.

     "Oh, ye --" I started but was cut off by the one voice I didn't except to hear.

     "Sammie," he spoke, obvivously in pain.

     I turned to Alan to find him heavily bruised on his face with swollen eyes and a busted lip. What happened to him?

     "Alan, Alan what happened?" I asked. I took a step towards him and touched the cut on his cheekbone. He pulled away as he whimpered.

     "I went to get you the surprise -- that necklace you wanted really bad -- but on my way to the car, some douche started pounding on me and stole the necklace. I'm so sorry."

     "No, don't be. We need to get you to the hospital."

     He shook his head, waving his hand like getting mugged was nothing.

     "I'll just go home and rest, babe. I figured when I didn't see your car, you were here," he smiled and I seen something missing. I gasped, covering my mouth.

     "Your tooth!" I realize I shouldn't have been worried about his tooth, but he had some perfect teeth. Now, one of them was knocked out.

     "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that," he admitted, feeling the place where the missing tooth was with his tongue.

     I took his hand in mine and lead him out of the station. He just kissed my forehead before hoping into his truck and driving off. He hated talking about stuff that made him seem weak. I know it's because his father raised him to be ashamed of the weak, but I still hated he didn't want to talk to me about it.

     Getting into my car, I thought about my decision. I wasn't going to change it. I couldn't be the reason why so many more innocent girls are killed. This was what had to be done. I either find Dani before they kill her, or I watch her die. I rather it be the first one, but I have to realize the second may happen.

 ×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×
Okay, so I didn't have a lot of time to look over and edit, but I tried to before updating!

Anyway, how are you guys? I'd love to here about everyone!

Shout-outs: cheesefists, ohschist, Diksha_and_borkalita, harrenstyles, unicorn_ways, and MaddyS3115 everyone give them a follow! They are all some pretty cool people!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

987K 31.4K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
2.9K 16 21
They wanted me forever. They told me I would be okay. I was only trying to scare them. "Hello Love." Harry started. "Do you know what happens when y...
26.7K 1.7K 47
Moments; singular, siphoned, like grains of sand which fall restlessly, and build without limits...growing with increasing momentum, each step, beat...
5.7K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...