LOVE BLOSSOMS(COMPLETED)

By anuradhasivaraman

India is always known for its beauty and richness. In ancient days people could either recognize India as a l... More

LOVE BLOSSOMS- Plot line
THAT LIFE CHANGING MOMENT- Prologue
1. Are They Serious!?!
2. That Talk With Sid!?!
3.Our Coffee Date
4. The Decision Is Finally Taken
6. The Tam-Brahm Wedding
7. Wedding Night
8. Trip Back Home
9. At Home
10. My First Official Day
11. Confrontation with My Scars
12. Change in Self
13. Acceptance to Reality
14. Get Well Soon, Nivin
15. Finally Something's Going Our Way!
16. So, are we Friends Now?
17. I feel Like I must Run Into The Woods
18. The Value Of A Heart
19. When Reality Hits You On Face
20. Embarking a New Route- Part 1
20. Embarking A New Journey- Part II
Epilogue- So, the beginning of the End!

5. Event : Engagement

11.4K 327 11
By anuradhasivaraman

This is for you thanks for telling me that you really like my story. Thanks and enjoy!!                                                                             

                                                                                 5

                                                             Event : Engagement

+-+-+-+-+

Thanks for the 900+reads hope you all like it. Here's there engagement. Actually I wanted to write this chapter as Engagement &Wedding but then decided against it 'coz I wanted to give you guys an elaborate version of a Tamil Brahmins marriage. Unlike Chetan Bhagat's version our Tambrahm wedding have more to it than explained. Enjoy guys. Vote and more importantly comment as if you want any improvements. Thanks for all the following,reads,vote and thank you Sreevalli for adding my story in your list of Indian stories. I secretly hoped that one day my story should make it to the list. I was on cloud nine when it did. Bye. Meet you soon.
+-+-+-+-+

Sid's P. O. V. :

Days just flew by as if they were seconds. I was engrossed in my work while the same goes for Ri. I know that she's a pretty independent and stubborn girl. but still deep down my heart I didn't like the idea of her quitting her job. She's ready to give up all that that meant for me. Yeah just for me and my family.

But I wonder why I feel so guilty. I wish I could be like Ri who has easily told me about her crushes and some celebrity crushes too. They were pretty hilarious and man I do have to accept that she knows the art of telling it in such a way that can only make me laugh at it rather than being possessive about her. Maybe that's the reason as to why she's such A great storyteller.

She believes me so much and yet I'm not able to tell her a simple truth... Seema... Damn sometimes I feel as why did I ever date a birch like Seema.  I never use this language but when I do I mean it.

Throughout our relationship she had been the bitch. She whined and bickered about anything and everything stating some feminists quote.

In actual terms,Ri is the self-claimed humanist that people consider her feminist. Yet here she's so polite to everyone of other gender yet being stubborn getting her work done without whining or bitching about the society or others. If something pricks Ri then she makes sure to change it than cry about it.

I can't help but compare Seema and Ria. As days pass by, I can make out one thing certainly. The thing that Seema and I had back then was definitely not love but only lust. Love really makes you feel like you're on cloud nine.

A loud clatter of cluttery sound brought me back to Earth.

I was presently sitting in our hospital cafe as this was our break time. I had my hot chocolate waiting for me but I found being lost in thoughts about Ria and our engagement that was due morow sounded more enticing.

As soon as I announced that I was getting arranged marriage the whole hospital was shocked was an understatement. Because they all knew about me,my seriousness in my relationship with Seema and they all kind of hoped for an everlasting medical romance from us. Seema was disappointed to the core but acted as though she never heard or even if heard it'd never hurt her. All promised to make it. My chief surgeon,Dr. Ayan Kapoor was very happy as he was Ria's die-hard fan and thought our marriage could give him more chance to meet her. They were too happy for me but somehow I found it sickly sweet. Maybe,staying with a bitch and being used to whining and constant complaints only led to this state where I'm not even able to enjoy goodness.

Wait!I feel a hand on my shoulder. Following,my instincts that it might be Ria wanting to meet me before the event,I took her hand and was shocked when I found Seema's eyes staring me when I opened my eyes.

"Oh,someone's lost in thoughts."she stated but her eyes were a lust filled one which told me that she wasn't ready to let me go.

"No need to state the obvious,Seema. I need to meet Dr. Kapoor. bye guys." I told in general to all. For now,all I wanted to do was avoid Seema at any cost. God! Why are you being so unfair to me? When I wanted to spend my time with Seema you gave me Ri. But now that I'm happy with Ri why does Seema come running to me? My plan's working. I need to feel happy,right? But why do I feel guilty? God,now I need to start having sessions with Nivin(psychologist) or what. Better I go to Dr. Kapoor and dive into the world of surgery which would act as a great distraction. I did just the same.
°®°®°®°®°®°

The day I was waiting is here. My engagement with Ri. The day where we can show to the world that we're a couple. My parents and brother's family lives ibm Bangalore. But today they are here as Uncle(Ri's dad)arranged it in Chennai. My brother came yesterday night to give me this cute skin colored heavily embroidered sherwani to wear and also gave me a boy talk.

So I got up early today,as I couldn't sleep the whole night thanks to the excitement. I quickly showered and got ready to go to the hall where everyone was ready.

My bhaiya(big brother)wore a similar sherwani while my bhabhi(sister-in-law)had worn a pinkish ghagra( a long fitted skirt with a blouse and also a duppata a long piece of cloth). My niece Akansha was wearing a cute yellow anarkali who ran and hugged my legs as soon as she noticed me. I bent down and picked her into my arms.

"Chacha( uncle),are going to bring a new chachi(aunt) home ?" she asked in a pouty tone while my aunt hushed her.

"Akanshi(nickname) it's true that I'll bring a new chachi home but I promise you'll love her as soon as you meet her. But she isn't my princess unlike you!" I exclaimed as I kissed her in her cheeks. She gave me a cheeky happy smile.

My dad who was wearing a sherwani too excepting his was looking more golden in color came in and said," Son(referring to me) come let's leave or else we'll be late to your own engagement darling."he said it with a smile and a twinkle in eyes that said that he was in the verge of happy tears. Mom rushed in wearing her red Saree that was heavily embroidered too with loads of jewellery on herself,adjusting her golden bangle she said,"yeah son.You remember this bangle right. Its one of the ancestral bangles that was passed on as a sign of good luck. One is with my elder daughter-in-law while this one I'll present it to Ria in the event. Let's better be not late." I smiled at her thinking my family maybe chessy and too sweet yet I love them to core.
'§'§'§'§'

We reached the venue and my mouth was open due to the arrangements there. Everything was perfect. I just loved it.
#*#*#*#
Ria's P.O.V.:-
To say I was nervous was an understatement. Here I was wearing the heaviest dress and makeup that I have ever worn in my life. After hours of plucking and a mini war waged by my list of beauticuans I was impressed that the person standing before the mirror was entirely different. For once in my life I felt as the woman I wanted to be instead of being the dirty goose that I'm.

Mom was wearing a traditional bluish yellow silk Saree brought from Palam silks while I was wearing a Pink ghagra given by my in-laws. Mom wanted me to wear silk Saree but dad felt that I must wear this as it would make my in-laws happy. Dad was wearing a sherwani that he brought with Papa(Sid's dad). He looked handsome as ever while mom looked like some princess. I have always felt that I was an ugly daughter to cute parents. But today I feel in their league. Afterall the ugly duckling turned into a beautiful one. Thanks,Sid.

I don't know why thank him but I'm too happy to reason anything.

Finally,after what seemed like an eternity I was brought to bye stage accompanied by Sid's sistet-in-law and Raj on either side. As soon as my gaze met with Sid,I felt my cheeks getting hot. Within seconds I was standing opposite to him. I was staring at the venue,people there and lastly at Sid as though I was trying to record all these events in my brain.

My appa (dad) and papa acknowledged the crowd and media. Due to my fame and dad's position media's presence was necessary.

They finally announced us to exchange rings.

Sid slide in a princess-cut pink diamond ring into my left ring finger while his sister-in-law  said,"He selected and brought it for you by his money stating that it'd be more romantic." I nodded my head and smiled at Sid. "Day by day you make me fall harder Sid." I thought.

I slide in a platinum band adorned by diamonds which was selected by my dad. He really had great taste so I left such things to him.

After that everyone congratulated us while a priest was called in to give people official announcement of our marriage date & invite all to our wedding.

Papa announced that he wanted us to have a perfect Tambrahm wedding as I was a single child and he didn't want to disturb my dad's dream of his daughter's marriage. Appa and Amma(mom) were too happy to hear that and felt too happy that I have got such considerate in-laws. Finally,all went well.

*/*/*/*/*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5.3K 58
"She taught me how to love, not how to stop." *** Raghav Malhotra had it all. A big family, amazing parents, good looks and a shit load of money. Li...
8.8K 378 47
"मुझे नही पता कि आप मेरे लिए परिचित क्यू महसूस करते है" Madhav thought _________✿___________ There is a pull towards each other and recognition...
209K 12.1K 24
Wafa Zaini hated rich people with a passion. She can't stand them for their arrogance and their self-righteousness. She so happens to be living in a...
424K 27.2K 47
Amaya came outside and her eyes widened at the sight, Rudra's dress shirt was wet, he was holding something in his hands and his face showed panic. I...