When Two Worlds Collide: Spar...

By LoveToWrite_1995

Tan skin, tight abs, dark eyes and a signature smirk that could send any heart flying at 1000 beats a second... More

Chapter One: Italy
Chapter Two:Reunion
Chapter Three: Butterflies
Chapter Four: What Just Happened?
Chapter 5: Bliss
Chapter Six: He Did What?
Chapter Seven: End of Life as I Know It
Chapter Nine: Waking Up

Chapter Eight: Heart Surrounded by Steel

955 15 7
By LoveToWrite_1995

I am not editing this because I want to get a few chapters up first! I will come back and edit when I have time so I am very sorry for the inconvience and please dont let the mistakes effect your opinion or enjoyment of the story...thanks for understanding :P

It wasn’t long before my shaking legs gave out beneath me.I had stood in shock as James ran over to asses the damage. Hayden had been shot in the chest, dangerously close to his heart. James had dealt with gun shot wounds before and got straight to work trying his best to ignore Chinas frantic cries. She sprawled over top of Hayden’s waist covered in the blood from his wound, and soaked in tears.

  I fell to my knees, hands shaking as I got out my phone to call 911.

“Hailey NOO” Sebastian ran over and snatched my phone from my hands causing me to gasp in surprise.

“Sebastian, he needs an ambulance. He’s bled too much already!” I went to take my phone back but he held it out of my reach. “Sebastian NOW” I was seriously freaking out. Hayden could possibly be dying before my eyes and here was Sebastian, stopping me from dialling the one number that could save his life.

“ Hailey you can’t, and I know you want to. But it would be worse for all of us if you called 911. Let James deal with it. He dealt with worse, trust me Hailey” He looked down at me pleadingly, offering his hand to help me up.

We both froze when we heard the sirens pulling into the parking lot outside of the building.  “Dammit” Sebastian cursed under his breath. Before I could react Sebastian was pulling me towards the back exit. He passed me over to James as he went to go pick up China, who had fainted, bridal style, and followed after us. I tried to release my hand from James harsh grip as he pulled me further away from Hayden.

  “Dammit James, he’s going to die, we can’t leave him here.” I pleaded, as tears flowed down my cheeks, my emotions finally getting the best of me. He didn’t look back, but instead pulled me through the exit and around back where we had parked the car a few blocks up.

I tried and tried to escape, to go back to Hayden and protect him, to get him help, but each time I pulled, James only tightened his grip on my wrist and pulled me faster along.

Sebastian and China turned off towards his car and the members of the mafia that were left scattered. James came to the car and quickly opened the door, helping me in before slamming it shut in frustration. He ran to the other side and climbed in the driver’s seat. The tires squealed and the car spun in a circle till it was facing the opposite direction of the crime scene and he drove off, shifting with ease as he flew through the city.

After a few minutes of driving, I let all my emotions spill out. I just left Hayden, my best of friends, to die alone, in pain as I escaped safe and sound. That bullet was meant for me and I ended up being the one to walk away, while Hayden paid for my mistakes.  I curled my knees up by my chest and cried into them, my body retching from the powerful sobs. Never in my life had I cried this hard, or in front of anyone, and here I am, vulnerable and weak in front of James.

He looked over at me, his face containing nothing but pain and sympathy.

“Hailey…” his voice was nothing but a whisper as his hand reach out and stroked my hair. I lifted my head and wiped my tear streaked eyes before looking back at James.

“Hailey, the only reason I left Hayden there was because it was best for all of us, especially him. If I had stayed they would have taken all of us to jail, and I wouldn’t be able to take care of Esteban. Right now, the police would have called 911 and he is probably already at the hospital, faster than if we had stayed and distracted the police. He is safe, you are safe, and that is all that matters to me.” His voice held nothing but truth, looking into mine pleading for forgiveness.

  I hadn’t noticed that we had stopped off on the side of the road until James reached across to me and pulled me onto his lap, holding me protectively as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I laid my head on his shoulder and snuggled deeper into his chest, inhaling his sweet smell.  We stayed in this position for what seem like hours in complete silence. My sobs eventually stopped and my body relaxed, my emotions settling with James calm presence. I lifted my head up to look him in the eyes. He smiled and wiped a tear away with his finger before gently kissing my forehead. I leaned my forehead against his and smiled.

“Thank you James, for saving us all” I sat up in his lap and took his hand in mine. He just nodded in response. He took my face in his hands and brought my lips to his, kissing me sweetly, his lip ring tickling my lip causing me to giggle against the kiss. He pulled back and smirked.

“You’re so cute when you do that” He stated, “Now, are you alright?” He asked with concern. I nodded before he continued, “Good because you have got to move, unfortunately” he added with a sly smile, “if you ever want to get home.” He added.

 I dropped my head blushing before crawling back over to the passenger’s seat with help form his strong arms.

"Buckle Up!' He looked at me seriously as I glared back at him and rolled my eyes, bringing my seatbelt over my shoulder. He smirked, shaking his head as he pulled the car back onto the road and hit the gas.

James POV

       I shifted the gears as the car accelerated faster and faster across the pavement, the tires moving so fast they barely made contact with the concrete. I smiled as the car pushed forward with the smooth purr of the engine, and the power of the speed. I chuckled low to myself with the thrill of driving.

"What are you so happy about" Hailey looked at me skeptically as she rested he head against her seat. I glanced in her direction and shrugged my shoulders before answering,

"Driving makes me happy" I stated matter-of-factly. She smiled and nodded her head in agreement

"Yeah. Driving makes me happy, too." she shook her head and laughed. "Before my dad became a big buisnessman, back when he used to be in the blackmarket, and had his own garage, he used to let me take his most expensive cars out for test dives before I was even 10." She smiled at the memory and shook her head. "I was more comfortable behind the wheel then I was on my own two feet." For some reason I couldn't help but laugh at he story. She was so different from other girls and I liked it.

    She smiled at my reaction, followed with a yawn. I looked over an smirked.

"You should try and get some rest" I suggested, but, being the stubborn person she was she shook her head.

"Im not tired" she said confidently, however her body begged to differ and she yawn yet again. I laughed and shook my head, shifted gears again.

It wasnt long before she fell asleep. He head resting on the chiar and her blonde hair falling gently over her peacefu face.I smiled at the sight of her sleeping, her innocent look, as I reachd out and corrected the out of place hair.

My phone rang, causing me to curse uder my breath when I saw Hailey move in her sleep from the noise. I fished the phone out of my pocket and brought it to my ear. 

"What" What i answered into the reciev, distracted, as i glanced back over o Hailey to she if it had awaken her. But to my relief she only adjusted her position, as her chest rose and feel softly in her deep sleep. 

"Are you heading to the Hailey and China's apartment?" Sabestian brought me back to reality as I pondered his question for a moment. 

"Nope" I answered confidently.

"James, they have to go home!" He started seriously. "China will want to visit Hayden in the morning and besides, they will need to get dressed and need a place to sleep." Sabestian continued with reason why the girls needed to go to their apartments, but I simply listend as he let his frustration out before I answered.

"Sabestian, Esteban knows about Hailey and China now, He knows what they mean to us and they will not be safe if we leave them unprotected. Ill send some of the girls from the gang over to grab some essentials, and Ill send Kevin and Jaques over to get the scoop on Hayden and his current state." Sabestian began to protest, but I cut him off. "Sabestian, admit it! They are safer with us. The police know about them now and Esteban will do anything to get his dirty hands on them!" My point had been made, and judging by the silence on the other end of the reciever, Sabestin finially agreed. 

"Fine," he began, "But when China wakes up in my bed and freaks out at me, Im blaming you" He said seriously as I laughed. 

"Whatever makes you feel right I chuckled at Sabestians sigh of frustration and annoyence. 

"Our life isn't for them. If you love Hailey like I love China, it would be best for them if we werent in their lives. I just hope you know what you doing, James!" And with that he hung up, leaving me speechless, with a knot forming in the pit of my stomach as I raced the car toward the south end of Rome, towards my house!

_____________________________________________________________________________

I love all the amazing comments I have been getting. You guys that comment are the reason I have continued posting!! Thank you so much.

Please continue commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say and I will definatly take into consideration any segestions that you may have for the story !!!!! Id love to write what you might what to see happen with the relationships, and the events!!!! So comment!!!

I hope to bring my votes up to a hundred before the tenth chapter! So If you liked the story..vote away!! I love you all!! Chapter nine comming very soon if I see comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341 19 12
'Madeleine, I thought you were dead. At least give me a second.' After almost dying in a car crash, Madeleine Whitestone returns back to Houston, Tex...
942K 24K 46
Heartless assassin Aero Black can't be bothered to remember the names or faces of his victims. After getting a hit on Hailey Romano, he thinks it sho...
102K 1.5K 119
Now that the trial has been put to rest, Rueben believes that life is on an upward trend. It's not long before he understands he is sadly mistaken. ...
718 22 15
❝𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐯𝐞? ❞ ❝𝐘𝐞𝐬, 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬,❞ she huff...