One Minute: Hausa Love Story

By amatullahag

ONCE A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY "It's time" The simple sentence could be interpreted in different ways. Time? T... More

One Minute: A Hausa Love Story
OM 1
OM 2
OM 3
OM 4
OM 5
OM 6
OM 7
OM 8
OM 9
OM 10
OM 11
OM 12
OM 13
OM 14
OM 15
OM 16
OM 17
OM 18
OM 19
OM 20
OM 22
OM 23
OM 24
OM 25
OM 26
OM 27
OM 28
OM 29
OM 30
OM 31
OM 32
OM 33
OM 34
OM 35
OM 36
OM 37
OM 38
OM 39
Maryam's Match

OM 21

7K 910 64
By amatullahag

On the authority of Abi Amr - and it also said Abi Amrah - Sufyan ibn Abdillah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:
"I said, "O Messenger of Allah, tell me a statement about Islam such that I will not have to ask anyone other than you". He answered, "Say, I believe in Allah and then stand firm and steadfast to that".

Transmitted by Muslim

•••

"I'm giving you five minutes to finish up, if not I'm going to drag you out like that" Hafsat hissed tapping her foot in impatience.

"I'm coming" Aysha said annoyed. She tried not to blink as she applied the eyeliner, Hafsat has been bugging her for over thirty minutes, they were supposed to be out of the house since, before the ladies bringing the lefe arrived but Aysha kept on wasting their time as she tried to perfect her makeup.

"I'm done" she sighed rolling her eyes. She linked her hands with Hafsat's dragging her out of the house being careful to avoid Hajiya Iya on the way.

"Where are we going now?" She asked Hafsat as they made their way to the car.

"Shopping" Hafsat said when they entered the car, smirking she wore her sunglasses. Shopping in other words shop until you drop dead.

"OK" she shrugged, she too shared the same passion with shopping like her sister.

"I thought you said we were going to shopping" she asked confused looking at the sign in front of her.

What has shopping got to do with the hospital?

"Yes but this is simply a detour" she asked as they made their way through the door of the hospital.

"Hajiya Iya said to bring you here so you could do your test, pretty useless if you ask me, what's the use after all the arrangements are done with, yarda hajiya Iya ta kwallafa rai banga abunda zai tsayar da aurennan ba" she rolled her eyes.

"OK so has he done his yet?" She asked slightly uninterested.

"Who's he? Oh don't tell me you're one of those wives who don't call their husbands with their names instead they keep saying he" she tilted her head up letting out a hearty laugh.

"Anyways since you're clearly dying to hear about him let me tell you" she said as they rounded a corner.

"Oh here he is sef, the answer to your question" she motioned to him with her hand.

Fahad was standing together with Umar, clearly they were waiting for them. Hafsat skipped to her husband, enveloping him in a hug and then she kissed his cheek.

"I missed you baby" she buried her face in his chest her voice coming out muffled.
"Yeah we all get it, you don't have to act like a depraved panda" Aysha dryly commented folding her hand across her chest, as she tried her best to ignore Fahad.

"Jealous? Just start the countdown in less than two weeks you'll be able to do this too"

Aysha glared at her as she tried her best to suppress the blush that was creeping up to her neck.

"I can't believe you're scared of needles, I thought it went away" she smirked.

"Who wouldn't be, with those sharp ass needles" he frowned.

"Later on you'll try to act all so macho when just a minute ago you were crying out loud because of a needle, pity" she shook her head as she teased him.

"I wasn't crying out loud" he almost shouted, she had been teasing him since they came out.

"If I remembered correctly you were shouting 'oh God no' and then you screamed when it pricked you" she gave him a teasing smile as they went out of the hospital. Hafsat had texted her a message saying they should meet in the hospital's garden.

They arrived in the garden to see the couple sitting on a bench wrapped in each other lost on their own world.

"Now that I've seen my husband I really don't want to go shopping anymore" Hafsat said when they came closer. "Fahad take your fiancée and go away"

"Shameless!" Aysha gasped. "You're forsaken me for a man? I taught you better"

That was her dramatic side talking.

"Idiot! I'm older than you" she rolled her eyes.

"I'll come and drag you this instance" Aysha folded her hands across her chest.

"Calm down woman. So much violence" she reluctantly stood up.

"Good bye guys" Aysha waved them bye dragging Hafsat away before she could glue to Umar again. She heard them faintly saying good bye.

"This is so nice, take it" Hafsat threw a dress at her.

"Yes it is, but where will I put it to, its so short" she looked at the skimpy dress.

"Then wear it for your husband na" Hafsat skipped through the isle. Aysha gave her a deadpanned look.

"What?" She scrunched her eyebrows "just take it it'll come in handy"

She rolled her eyes before putting the dress in the cart, she couldn't help it the dress was so fine and she was literally a hoarder, she'll buy it even if she won't end up wearing it.

"I didn't ask you about the test, how was it?" She said as she browsed through the rack of dresses.

"How will you, when you were busy being all over your husband" Aysha replied.

"You can't blame me, he's just so sweet, and hot and charming and.. And mine" she said looking like a love struck teenager.

"I'd love to say I admire your relationship, but I'll be lying and I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth" Aysha scrunched her face up in disgust. Even though she appeared to be disgusted deep down she was hoping for a relationship like that.

Hafsat scrunched her nose up sniffing the air around her "is that jealousy I smell" she smirked.

"No way!" She replied.

"Okay then, back to you, how was it?"

"It was good" she said.

"Great"

"Amarya ta dawo" one of the women, that were seated in the parlour announced as soon as she stepped into the house after hours of shopping.

The women in the room started yodelling, turning all attention to her while she stood frozen, like a deer caught in headlights, she was trying too hard to carefully slip to her room unnoticed.

She faked a shy smile and entered the parlour, squatting to greet all of them. After the gruesome minutes of exchanging pleasantries she slipped to her room knowing even their she wouldn't be in peace.

"The newest amarya in town" one of her maternal cousin, kareema, exclaimed when she entered the room. Her face pulled up in a grimace when she saw the number of girls in her room.

"Have you seen the boxes, gaskiya your man has tried for you fa" Xarah, one of her neighbors/friends said. She internally rolled her eyes but then she let out a small smile.

"Where is it?" Hafsat asked and Aysha was internally grateful, the fashionist in her was awakened, she was excited to it.

"In aunt's room" kareema said.

They turned on their heel leaving the room as the girl teased her about how excited she was.

Hadiza was in the room zipping one of the boxes. "Bestie turned sister in-law!" She exclaimed jumping over the boxes to give her a hug.

"Why are you here, I thought all the people that bought the lefe have went?" She asked confused.

"I'm hurt you don't want me here but FYI I'm representing both families with different roles" she said and Aysha nodded her head.

"Come see your boxes, gaskiya ya Fahad has tried for you" she dragged her to the boxes.

"Really, was he the one that did it?" She asked as she sat on the carpet near the boxes. The boxes in all were ten.

"Yes, daddy said he had to learn to shoulder his responsibility. So everything here was paid by him and we also had to ask for his opinion. So dear sister in law everything that's in this box is brother's taste" she said proudly opening one of the box.

"Oh, so now I'm sister in-law?" She teased changing the topic.

She squealed in in delight when the makeup box was opened, it was filled with every type of makeup one could think of, in all the brands she loved. She turned to Hadiza with raised eyebrows.

"OK so maybe I told him your favorite brands"

She turned back and continued looking through the boxes. When she finished looking she gathered that the boxes in all costed more than she ever thought it will and that Fahad had great taste.

•••

Salaam,
So I know I need to explain the reason for me being MIA. So the thing was I wanted to update this chapter since last year but then my phone broke down. Then I took a break from writing. Then I was lazy. But then the latest message I got telling me to update knocked some sense into me, so I sat me down and typed this baby out and lookie it's long too because of the wait.

So don't let my effort be to waste.
Vote,
Comment 💬
Share.

Allaha Hafiz,
AmatullahAG ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786K 59.6K 38
Arrange marriage, I hated to even hear about it. But my fate didn't favour me. Being from a conservative family, I was forced into an arranged marri...
204K 18.2K 30
© 2017 All Rights Reserved Eighteen year old Hafsah gets admitted into her dream college to study psychology. There, she meets the arrogant and hand...
42.8K 4.7K 68
They say; •~Indeed, their is light at the end of every tunnel~• Read and find out how a lady who is so much against arranged marriages finds herself...
47.2K 3.1K 45
A lighthearted read. They're forced into an arranged marriage by their parents. Akram, a guy with a troubled past will have to learn to love Amira, a...