Moving Forward

Af xFakingaSmilex

Ava thought she had the world figured out until it was turned upside down. She must decide if she wants to be... Mere

Moving Forward
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Blake's Bonus Chapter
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Little Leaps

Chapter Thirteen

18.5K 922 301
Af xFakingaSmilex

Standing in front of Blake's house feels odd, yet like home. Almost like I'd been away on vacation and finally returning. At the same time, I feel like a weed in their immaculate garden bed. Somewhat home, but not really, just out of place.

Climbing out of the car, I slam the door behind me. The car beeps as I press the lock button on the transmitter. As I place the bulky keys into my pocket, I venture across the perfectly manicured lawn. The strands of grass crunches under my shoe as I move towards the side gate.

Usually, the gate is left open but this time around, there's a small metal latch securing it closed. I flick it open and carefully lock it behind me. Now that London is running around, it makes sense to put a lock on it.

Nerves bubble in the pit of my stomach as I walk towards the house. This almost feels like the first time I stepped out of my comfort zone and came to his house. I can't believe how much has happened since the first time he tapped on my shoulder – I never imagined I'd be his girlfriend, or mother of his child.

Sprouts of weeds spring between clusters of white decorative pebbles in the footpath. I step around them on the walk up to Blake's house. As I enter the open backyard, I find Blake walking out the house, a medium sized box in his muscular arms.

"Hey," I call out.

Blake's eyes snap towards me, a small smile floating onto his lips.

"Hi stranger, what are you doing here?" he asks.

"I need to collect my things," I explain.

Last night, Axel made me realise I'm not the minimal type of person. When I woke up this morning, I shivered at the sight of the plain walls. It was then that I realised I missed my things. I wanted to wear my my comfortable pyjamas, continue reading the book I bought from the op shop, even the junk I was collecting.

I thought about it for awhile - in truth - I was worried Blake would take this as a sign of moving on. Maybe it was part of the grand scheme of things? I take all my old belongings, burn them, and then start over?

"Sure, but, urh." He bites his lips. "Maybe you should come by another day?"

"Don't worry." I fumble with my fingers. "I don't mind if the house is messy or whatever."

It certainly isn't the first time I've seen the house in a messy state, and perhaps not the last with London on the loose.

Brushing past him, I walk into the house and down the hallway. I briefly hear a rustle and then a crashing noise. Blake runs into the house and dives past me. He manages to shut an open box discarded by my foot. Once the box is closed, he pushes it out of sight.

"Uh?" I frown.

"Just, you know." He shrugs. "Cleaning."

"Stress cleaning?" I ask.

"Something like that." Blake nods.

Blake continues to lay on the ground as I walk upstairs. He eventually scrambles off the ground and follows me. The first thing I notice about our bedroom is the open space. It's ridded of toys and the baby cot. All that's left is our bits and pieces of our things. The room feels strange, but the space is nice.

"What are you doing with his things?" I ask.

"Putting it into storage with London's things."

"We?" I stutter.

"Okay, sounds good."

Blake walks out of the room while I busy myself. There's a discarded blue washing basket laying on the ground, so I grab it and start clearing away some of the clothing. When Blake's clothes are off the ground, I find a travel bag under the bed and begin packing my things.

Once my clothes are packed, I head to the bathroom. I go through cupboards and drawers and pull out my things. The small bench space is quickly covered with bottles of makeup, and body cleaning products. Soon enough, Blake appears in the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

Looking through the mirror, I see Blake stand behind me. His green eyes intently stare into mine, so I flicker my gaze away. I feel his hands clasp my waist which makes me sharply inhale.

"Don't do this," I say.

"What?" he replies.

I briefly catch the cheeky glint in his eye before I'm spun around. My back hits the basin which sends memories flooding through my mind. The many moments I shared with Blake, especially the intimate ones.

"Don't." I grab his hand and remove it.

"I can't help it," he says. "I want to touch your body, kiss your lips, and tell you about my day, but I can't. I miss this and I don't feel like myself. Ava, I've gone incredibly bonkers without you," he explains.

"Bonkers?" I have to fight the smile from appearing on my face.

"Incredibly bonkers," replies Blake.

"I'll tell you a secret, Blake," I say.

"The best people are mad," we say in union.

"I'm sorry, but I need to go." I take the remainder of my things and shuffle out of the house. Thankfully, Blake doesn't follow me outside, so I'm left to collect my thoughts.

As I shove my things into the boot, the front door swings opens and Angela runs out dressed in a pair of trackies and a red single top.

"Hi, Ava, how are you?" she calls out.

"I'm good." I nervously smile. "How about you?"

"Not too bad," she replies. "Can you ask your mother to bring the food over earlier?"

"What for?"

"Oh." She pouts. "I gave the invites to Blake to post. I definitely addressed one to you." Angela places her hands on her hips.

"Maybe it got lost in the mail?" I offer.

"Not to worry, your mother has the details," she explains.

"No worries, see you then." Angela hastily walks into the house, leaving me behind. I go through my stuff and then frown. Why wouldn't Blake invite me?

I push the thought from my mind as I close the book and open the car door. I look towards the gate and see Blake appear. My heart rattles within my chest as he crosses the grass to reach me.

"Is there something I missed?" I call out.

"No." Blake shakes his head.

"Then why didn't you invite me to your party?" I blurt out.

As the words sink in, I realise how petty I sound! I've never been great at keeping quiet, and I'm always up for embarrassing myself as it seems.

Blake fishes something out of his pocket and hands it to me. The smooth texture of the envelop resting between my fingers feels weird. I look up at his green eyes and frown.

"I wanted to give it to you in person," explains Blake.

"Why?" I bite my lip.

"If it isn't already obvious enough, I'll take any excuse to see you," he replies.

"Oh," My cheeks blossom bright red. "Thank you for the invite."

"Will you come?" His green eyes light up with excitement, the kind I can't seem to say no to.

"Yes." I nod.

"I suppose wearing that little black dress it out of the questions?" Blake teases.

"Yes." I laugh. "I don't think that dress still fits."

"Darn, I really liked that birthday gift." He pouts.

"I'm sorry, but I'll see you there." I smile.

"I look forward to it."

With the invite heavy in my hands, I walk to the driver's side and climb in. That's the hard part about loving Blake Rivers, I'm terrified over the power he has over me.

What do you think will happen at Blake's party?

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

293 10 34
He's been missing since he was 10. All he wants is to go home. He misses his family and friends. Will he see them again? *Mature themes, Language, Tr...
2.5M 100K 55
Torn between risking it all and losing the man she loves, Ava must make a choice, but in the process of making this choice, Ava must accept the conse...
214K 10.6K 35
๐๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ, ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐–๏ฟฝ...
Where We Begin Af Lara

Generel Fiktion

831 67 50
He is an off-beat jokester with a sensitive heart, having trouble adjusting to life in California after moving from Chicago. She is the picture of po...