PAST VISION : ICY PAST

By LemonAcidEmm

Solving a regular case should take a day or two for the mighty detective Lydia Spencer who has an alien abili... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Gang Problems
Chapter 3 : Parelthon Hunter
Chapter 4 : Zara-Guilty ?
Chapter 5 : Shocking Discovery
Chapter 6 : World's Saddest Jackpot!
Chapter 7 : Captured!
Chapter 8 : The Unexpected
Chapter 9 : Unbelievable
Chapter 10: All Lies
Chapter 12 : What happened?
Chapter 13 : Battle of the Day
Chapter 14: Icy Heart
Chapter 15: Frozen Half
Chapter 16 : Dark Side
Chapter 17 : The Choice
Chapter 18 : The Secret of the Past
Chapter 19 : History
Chapter 20 : Obstacles
Chapter 21 : Cursed
Chapter 22: The Row
Chapter 23: Death
Chapter 24 : Leaving
Chapter 25 : The Spy
Chapter 26 : Rebel
Chapter 27 : Who Are You?

Chapter 11 : Should I leave?

97 65 18
By LemonAcidEmm

"Rendevel, wait!" I ran after him as fast as I could. My heart sank the moment I realized he wasn't there. I slowly knelt down, tapping the ground. Images flooded into my mind, landscapes of the vessel, walls, and hidden rooms. I moved my arms and squinted my eyes as I continued searching for him.

"Where is he?" I grumpily mumbled. A spark of hope finally burst as I managed to locate him.

***

"Lydia, what are you doing here?"

"Are you alright? I'm sorry I-"

"-there's nothing wrong with me."

All of a sudden, the vessel shook. My legs wobbled as I slipped down the hall. A hand caught onto me, and pulled me upwards.

"Are you alright?"

"I am, but the ship isn't."

I heard a loud shrill coming from the main room.

"What's wrong with the ship?"

"The ship you are boarding has lost a huge amount of fuel, please proceed to the evacuation room for safety." The computer sound calmly replied.

The Prince appeared behind me.

"Let's suit up, we're about to crash!"

I followed him towards the evacuation room, there were huge class balls, each equipped with a Space suit and a twelve hour oxygen mini-tank. The Prince opened the ball and gestured me to go in, locking the doors before I could say a word. The balls were extracted from the ship, programmed to land on the nearest planet.

"You will land in Planet Ryugon in ten minutes."

I sighed in relief. Before I landed, a small vessel flew past me. The vessel was armed with huge firepower equipment. I caught a glimpse of the vessel's Pilot. There was a symbol on his chest.

"Galactic Council"

***

We landed on Planet Ryugon, a soldier led the group to a field, the grass surrounding it looked like noodles. I felt nausea the moment I laid my eyes on it. The stench of the soil was too disturbing to let me focus on the path.

The leading soldier stopped and turned to us. A loud murmur arose.

"I hereby ordered by The Galactic Council to arrest The Light Prince and his companions for hijacking Inter Galactic Property."

The murmur went louder, it felt like a loud buzz screaming right next to my ear. The wind blew fairly briskly. I tugged my arms into my jacket to keep myself warm.

"Attention! Hand over your weapons! Anyone caught keeping a single dagger will be sentenced to death!"

That was odd. Still, being unarmed would kill me anyway. I decided to keep my whip, I pressed the diamond carved onto the handle and it transformed into a belt, in disguise.

I handed my gun, my light saber, and even my dagger. The soldier looked at my belt, I gulped in fear, but he soon glanced away for good.

I tried using my telepathy to connect with the others, but none of them replied. Zara though finally spoke up.

"Their Venusians, keep quiet! They can detect any sound, including telepathy!"

No wonder the Prince and Rendevel kept quiet. I thought.

"Why would you care?" I shrugged.

"Because I'm your sister."

I slightly tapped the ground using my foot to scan over the entire place. I grinned as I found an exit route.

Should I teleport us all together? But I soon realized that there are portal-blockers nearby. Those portal-blockers intercept teleportation activites.

Should I just run? But suddenly a voice in my head told me to just go with the flow of the situation.

Just follow their orders! Once we figure out the situation, then we can escape! I instantly recognized the tone, it was Zara.

I hated being anxious waiting for the enemies' command. I turned myself invisible as I carefully walked away from the group, and transformed into a bush. It was a fairly stupid idea. But after hearing the guard's conversation, sooner or later they became the stupid ones.

"She probably escaped, but she won't be able to leave the planet. We could just conduct a search for her tonight."

"Okay, let's go." The other guard coolly replied.

I stood there for fifteen minutes and transformed back as my neck became itchy. I used my flight powers to search for a place to stay for a while. I found an inn nearby. The briskly wind blew harder, forcing me to enter the inn to avoid the harsh weather.

***

I flew over the forest for a couple of minutes. My suspicions grew wider when I found our vessel hidden beneath the ground. I used my Land Controlling Powers to dig through. They buried the ship really deep and I was also astonished on how fast they hid the vessel. I tapped a couple of buttons lying around the desk, none of the machines reacted the way I hoped.

"Hmm... how do you revive a dead engine? I suppose it could be the million dollar question right now." I mumbled. Rubbing my forehead harshly as the artificial intelligence announced the errors.

. . .Tricopediscillians are the only ones capable of generating electricity freely. . .

"That's it!" I hopped happily as I squealed in happiness.

I tried for hours, trying to unleash my lightning form.

"Why can't I do this?" I mumbled. My wrist band suddenly turned on.

'Lack of Energy' popped out in the screen. I groaned and lied down anxiously as I tried figuring out other ideas of powering the ship.

"There has to be a way somehow."

I sighed. I slid down and rested on the floor. Every spark of hope has swept away from me, stripping me from the hope that I could help my comrades. I lowered down my head. My hands thwarted to the edge when I suddenly realized I had hit a small cubical box. I reached out for the box, slightly shaking the object to fulfill my curiousity.

"G...E...N...E...Rator?" A smile finally burst into my face. I jumped happily and twirled around as I finally managed to recover the missing generator. A small dusty brown paper slid off the container. I knelt down and carefully lifted it. I read the instructions and it appears that the generator needs heat to regenerate electricity.

"Heat?"

I rubbed my eyes, squinting the both as I warmed up my arms. I focused and stared intensely on the object. A streak of heat wave plunged through the box. The box floated and shone an intense amount of light. I shove the box away and continued filling the object with heat. A few seconds after it was full, the box bounced back to the ground, its landing followed by a loud clank.

***

All of a sudden, a bunch of Venus inhabitants appeared out of nowhere. They surrounded me, and speaking in a language I wasn't able to apprehend. They took out their guns and aimed to my head. In mere seconds, the fierce Cheetahovumus took over my body. The creature growled and scared of the cowardly soldiers. A presence crept nearby. I stabbed the nearest tree and cut it off.

"Lydia, it's me. Rendevel."

"What are you doing here?"

He nodded. But I can't just trust him that easily, because Venus entities are also great shape-shifters. I shot him and just as I expected he dodged it and the attack ricocheted. I dodged it and sighed.

"It's you."

"Why did you shoot me?" he growled.

"Sorry, for not recognizing you in the land of shape-shifters." I shot back.

"I guess you made a point. But, why did you leave us?"

"I had no choice, I just had to go. I hated being under people's control."

"Hmm... same old Lydia."

"What? By the way, where did the Prince and Zara go? Did you abandon them?"

He shook his head, he answered "They tied us and told us to go on different directions. I found you while I was going through the forest. I also met the gang that you encountered earlier. Sorry, I wasn't powerful enough to beat them off. The Prince too was strangely weak. He wasn't able to wield the least of the power he possessed."

"That's creepy."

"Yes, will you forgive me?"

I nodded and hugged him, only to realize that his shoulder was bleeding. I touched his shoulders slightly and he screamed in pain.

"You-your back... are you alright?"

"Yes... I'm fine."

"Sit down, I'll tend to your wounds."

"Okay. Hold on a second." He said as he unbuttoned his top.

I was petrified seeing his body covered in scars. The sight was horrifying, each of his wounds were bleeding badly, in a few hours, he would probably die due to the amount of blood lost.

"What happened?"

"Well, they are a sort of price you had to pay for power. My Lightning form caused terrible wounds to my back ever since I was a child. Back then, the agonizing pain made me felt like death would be better. But through the years, I managed to endure them despite my lack of tendency in cleaning them."

I nodded. I covered his shoulder wound using a fabric I tore from my old T-shirt.

"Almost done, wait for a minute. I need to find a bottle of alcohol to make sure there are no infections."

"That won't be needed. Tricopediscillians heal faster than most aliens. This type of wound will heal in a couple of hours."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes...Lydia...I-"

He suddenly leaned forward and hugged me as he reached for my lips. The kiss felt soft, and comfortable at the same time. He wasn't rushing through like the Prince. The kiss felt innocently satisfying.

"Ly...Lydia...You...betrayed..."

I became startled as I heard a loud growl behind me.

"Kill her!" a voice screeched off.

-End of Chapter 12-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115 9 13
She isn't just any girl, no one really knows who she is, but everyone knows what she can do. Is she there or not, you can only tell by her glimmer. S...
3K 108 18
When you think you've been through the worst thing to ever happen to you, something new comes to prove that everything you thought was safe isn't, an...
115 23 11
Killing-that's all he ever thinks about. . .there is an imposter on the ship who thinks he can save humanity by killing them. But how can he easily e...