A Brother's Secret

By BreezieM30w

Shall We Date? Destiny Ninja 2: Ran Edith and her cousin Mikaela are descendants of Princess Unmei, the previ... More

Chapter 1: Golden Days
Chapter 2: Who to Choose?
Chapter 3: Our Team
Chapter 5: Last night..
Chapter 6: Home
Chapter 7: Sudden Beach Confession
Chapter 8: Wha-?!
Chapter 9: The Drop of Fire
Chapter 10: Apologies
Chapter 11: Mika..?
Chapter 12: Early Morning Surprise
Chapter 13: Realization
Chapter 14: Winter Thoughts
Chapter 15: A Date
Chapter 16: The Everflowing Waterfall

Chapter 4: Goodnight...I think

23 2 0
By BreezieM30w

After seeing the other three Ninja off, Mikaela and I gathered everyone in the great hall once again. "Okay everyone! Now that we have our group, we need to decide the route we are going to take on this journey." I say calling everyone to attention. "Any suggestions?"

"Let's go to the Winter village!" Ran blurts.

"Ran, please don't cause trouble before we leave." Kiku says reigning him in. I smile at the two brothers, thankful that they could both work together.

"I refuse to go there first." Yayoi states sticking his nose up. My smile immediately turns to a frown. 'You didn't have to say it like that...' "We should go to the spring village first." He says.

"Whys that, Yayoi?" I ask with a fake smile.

"Because we should start of at a dignified village." He says matter-of-factly.

"Hey! Who's to say the winter village isn't dignified?!" Ran asks.

"Well how could the village be if the eldest son of the chieftain isn't?" Yayoi pushes.

"Yayoi stop!" Mika tried to calm the blond beast. Ran was nearly steaming. I put my hand on his arm gently.

"Ran, calm down." I say. Ran's eyes dart down to me before returning to Yayoi, his brows drawn.

"Wait Edith, what if we go to the summer village? That way neither one of them get what they want." Roya suggests. I shrug at his suggestion.

"That makes sense I guess." I agree. "Mika?"

"That's fine with me. Summer village is first. Next?" She asks.

"Well how about spring? Since we're going to my village first, we can go to yours next. If you want, of course." I suggest. Mikaela smiles with a nod.

"Summer, spring, then what? Kikyo, you've been pretty quiet. Any input?" Mika asks. Kikyo raises an eyebrow at my cousin before clearing his throat.

"Well, there's no doubt that I would like to show you two around my father's village, but ultimately it's up to you two in what order we purify the symbols." He says with a straight face.

"Well said, Kikyo." Yayoi states simply.

"Alright, then we can go to the Autumn village third. Kind of like the seasons of the year. Which leaves the winter village last." Mika says finalizing our route.

I nod and turn my head to look over the group. Yayoi stands with his arms crossed firmly across his chest. Kikyo stands with his hands bracing himself against the table. Shiroya has a hand on his hip and a grin on his face. Fuyukiku looks at Mika with a small smile. Ran looks at me with pleading eyes and I flash an apologetic smile. 'We'll get to your village eventually. I promise.'

"Since some of us are still somewhat tense, how about we wind down a bit before we leave on our big mission?" Kiku asks holding up some sake. 'Where'd he get that?'

"Yeah! That's a great idea Kiku!" Ran says happily.

"I can make us some food!" Shiroya suggests. "I'll make some of Edith's favorite. You guys will love it!" My mouth starts to water again as he makes his way toward the kitchen. I look at Mika to see that she had already began drinking some sake. 'I guess I can go along with it too.' With a smile I go ahead and start drinking, but I can't go overboard, because I know Mika probably will; she loves alcohol.

~~Time Skipu~~

After a little bit, I had ducked into my room to separate myself from everyone. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all of my friends and family, it's just good to get some alone time every once in a while. I thought it'd be a good time to go ahead and start packing for the trip. I don't really need much, just the essentials like my toothbrush, snacks, a short sword for possible combat, snacks, and anything else I may need. Even though Shiroya is going to be making our meals, I might as well bring extra snacks. While I was packing, I hear a soft knock at my door.

"Edith?" A familiar voice asks. "It's Ran. Mind if I come in?"

"Um, sure. Come in." I reply pushing my bag to the side. Ran pushes my door open and closes it behind him. "What's up?" I ask. Ran plops himself in front of me with a smile.

"You disappeared so I came to find you. I didn't think you'd leave the party. Especially after Shiroya made some pork cutlet bowls."
"Mmh, that sounds good actually. Really good." I say with a smile.

"Then let's go get some!" Ran says with a laugh. He tugs on my arm gently.

"In a minute we can. You look like you had a question." I say with a giggle.

"Alright you got me. Why'd you pick me? Honestly?" He asks. His smile fades and on his face is a serious, questioning look. His question surprises me and my smile fades too.

"What do you mean? Didn't you want to be picked?" I ask confused.

"No, I did! I'm just curious with why you picked me." Ran explained.

"Oh...well, I guess it was my instinct. You caught my eye too. The way you were staring at me, I just had to choose you." I say.

"Darn. And here I thought you liked me or something." Ran's smiled.

"W-what?" My face heats up a bit and my heart thuds in my chest. Ran chuckles and leans in close enough to where our noses nearly touch.

"Well, since you chose me, I intend to fulfill my duty. And on top of that, I hope it's a fun and not-too-strenuous journey!" He says cheerfully.

"Y-yeah." I reply. At first he seemed all down in the dumps, but now he's cheerful. It's cute the way his expressions change so quickly, and his gestures are like a puppy.

"Although it's a shame I won't get to show you the winter village right away." Ran sighs, putting some distance between us again.

"I'm really sorry about that. I didn't mean for the winter village to go last." I say.

"Nah, it's okay. I'll just make sure it's super memorable once we get there." He says with a wink.

"Edith, are you still awake?" I hear Shiroya ask from the other side of the door.

"Uh...yeah I'm up. Come on in." I welcome. Suddenly he, Kikyo and Kiku enter the room.

"Sorry to bother you so late, Edith." Roya apologizes.

"I haven't seen Ran anywhere. Do you know where he is?" Kikyo asks. With a raised eyebrow, I point to the white-haired man seated beside me.

"I thought he might be here, but... oh!" Kiku says noticing his brother next to me. "Ran!"

"Yo. What's going on? Why are you all looking at me like that?" Ran asked confused.

"Why do you think?!" Roya asks in response.

"What are you thinking, intruding into a woman's room this late at night?!" Kikyo scolds.

"Guys chill. I told him he could come in." I explain calmly.

"Don't try and cover for him!" Kiku says. My eyes widen in return. 'What the heck?'

"Kiku said he had a bad feeling so he went to your room and found you gone, so we were all looking for you..." Shiroya explained.

"Get back to your room!"

"Whaaaaaat? Why? Ow! Hey! Quit dragging me guys!" Ran protested as the three boys began pulling him out of my room.

"Guys wai-"

"Sorry for the intrusion, Edith," Kikyo apologizes, waving gently as he exited my room.

"But.."

"Goodnight Edith!" I was answered with a closed door. I sit back down on my floor with a frown and a sigh. 'Dang. He was just talking to me.' I shrug and make my way over to my futon and lay down. 'I wonder where Mika and Yayoi were when the others came looking for Ran...hmm I guess she went overboard with the sake and Yayoi was keeping an eye on her? Hmm...I guess I'd better rest up for tomorrow's journey. '
And with that, I roll over to my side and drift off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 318 43
~completed!~ "A great evil shall come to conquer the land. Oni and Light's son shall rise forth to take a stand. And Time's Overlord will fall to his...
27.5K 988 87
(Tw- Language) •♡"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."♡• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...
717K 43.3K 200
The universe gave me another chance after life screwed me over. My second life brought me to a world where people breath fire, walk on water and some...
103K 3.9K 28
Sequel to "A demon in a Ninja world" Things to do: 1. Got reincarnated. ☑ 2. Got nerf'd. ☑ 3. Died. ☑ 4. Revive yer self on the other "other" World...