P.S. I Love You

By RollingPinkLedWho

A simply complicated love story based in 1977. John Shultz is born and raised in Black Pool England. He decid... More

P.S I Love You
Chapter 1 - Monday Monday
Chapter Three: You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

Chapter 2 - You Can't Always Get What You Want

107 5 6
By RollingPinkLedWho

Thursday. The day before the concert. In thirty seven hours and 4 minutes, I would be at a Rolling Stones concert. If I died on Saturday, I wouldn't care because I got to see the Stones play. Lost in my thoughts, I passed my school. I didn't realize I had until I was four blocks away. "Oh shit!" I bolted back towards school. I can't believe I did that again. This was certainly not the first time I passed school, lost in my thoughts. "You're late Ms. Santucci." My english teacher scolded. The nuns were tough, but lucky for me, my math teacher was also my disciplinarian. I did well in math and she liked me. My english teacher was strict but, she liked me so I didn't get into too much trouble. "I know, I'm so sorry! I stepped in a puddle half way to school and had to go home and change my socks." I lied. Yes I know it's a sin to lie but, I didn't care, I'm probably already going to hell anyway so it doesn't really matter anymore. I could sleep at night and that's all that mattered. I sat at my desk and looked through my backpack for my essay on World War II. "No. No! No!!!" I said angrily. I forgot my english folder. "Damn it!" I muttered. "Mrs. Kowski! Anna said a bad word!" Mary Goretti tattled waving her hand in the air like a flag. I sighed as the teacher walked towards me. "Shit." I muttered.

"Detention!? What!? No that's not fair!" I squeaked. "I'm sorry, Anna. You can't be swearing around the other students. You'll also have to go to confession." The principle said softly. She had a whiskey voice but swears she's never had a drop of alcohol. "Fine, but this is cruel and unfair punishment to an innocent student." I sighed knowing there was no way to win. I was escorted down to the detention room. I sat silently with two other kids. "Hey." the school's most popular stoner greeted me with a raspy voice. "Hi." I said nervously. My friends were all pretty good, I didn't know how to behave around a "bad boy". I sat fidgeting with my hair and clothes. "I never thought I'd see the day that Anna Santucci got detention." the boy joked. "Haha, neither did I." I laughed. "So, uh. What are you doin' tomorrow night?"  he was trying to sound very suave. "I'm going to a concert, actually." I said looking away. "Oh yeah? What band?" he was probably expecting me to say ABBA or something. "The Rolling Stones." I said happily, my thoughts returning to the concert. "Really? You dig The Stones?" he seemed far too taken aback. "Hell yeah! They're awesome!" I exclaimed. "Far out! I love The Stones, man." we both smiled and I turned towards him. "I'm Eric" he held out his hand and I shook it, "Anna, but you seemed to already know that." I chuckled awkwardly. "Anna!" I was startled, nearly fell off of my chair. Eric laughed as I collected myself and stood up. "You may leave now. You can collect your homework at the front desk. Eric! You stay!" my math teacher said holding the door open with one hand and pointing her finger at Eric with the other. "When you point at someone there's always three fingers pointing back." Eric said before getting scolded for talking back.

"What's this about a concert, Anna?" My mother asked as I walked in the door. I hated when people talked to me when I first got home. "It's nothing. It's just a small concert tomorrow night. Joey's escorting me." I told her. I know, I know, I lied again. Guess what? I still don't care! I'm going to the concert no matter what and technically, Joey was escorting me because he was driving me there then picking me up so there's that. "Oh, well alright. Just make sure you tell your father. You know how he gets if nobody tells him these things." my mother said as she stirred the huge pot of gravy (Pasta sauce. That's what real Italians call it.) My brother walked into the kitchen "You're boyfriend's here." Joey was close behind him. Nick scared the living day lights out of Joey even though his intentions were good he knew my brother was a force to be reckoned with. "Haha, oh god you're so funny. I'm just dying of laughter, Nick." I said as sarcastically as I could "Make sure I don't put anything special in your pasta tonight." Nick said trying to sound intimidating but, I knew he was blushing. He loved me too much. He bragged about me to his friends and talked about me a lot apparently. Joey came over and stood behind me. "Your brother scares the living hell out of me." Joey whispered. I laughed as Joey followed me towards the the living room. "So. Detention, huh?" Joey asked. "Shh! If my parents hear that I'm dead, man!" I whispered loudly. "Oh! Sorry." Joey apologized with an expression like that of a child that got caught stealing cookies. 

Joey and I sat in the basement listening to music. "God! I can't wait for the concert tomorrow!" I have never been so excited for anything in my life. Joey laughed as he went through my records. "Oooooh!" Joey gasped as he stumbled upon a Yardbirds record. "Shapes Of Things! I haven't heard this album in forever! Can I play it?" Joey asked, practically jumping up and down. "Yeah, sure!" I said before licking my cherry popsicle. I loved The Yardbirds, if I wasn't into photography I'd sing in a rock band. Music was my second favorite thing in the world, though I didn't have a musically talented bone in my body. I couldn't play an instrument to save my life, I could carry a tune but I was far better at photography. As we sang along to "For Your Love" Joey dropped his popsicle on the floor. "Shit." Joey muttered. "Clean that up, 'cause I sure as hell ain't doin' it." I said over the music that was turned up as loud as possible. Joey groaned and ran up stairs to get a paper towel. While he was gone I walked over to my records and picked out a Stones album. I put it on and fell asleep before Joey came back. He cleaned up my basement, woke me up and walked me to my room.

“Yes!” I almost screamed as my clock radio went off. It was Friday! Time to go to the concert! Oh Mick Jagger, my love, I’m coming for you! I got out of bed and ran over to my closet, in doing so I tripped, quelle suprise. I looked to see what I’d tripped over, my shoes, of course. I was too lazy to put them in my closet. I could take 5 extra seconds and put them in my closet, but why bother when I could just trip over them instead? I had better things to do than keep my room neat. "Rrrrriiiinnnng!" my phone rang loudly, adding to the noise already filling my room. Or at least that's what my parents called it. "Hello?" I answered, struggling to hear over my radio. "Hold on." I said before angrily shutting off my radio. "Okay, I'm back. Who is this?" I answered trying to get ahold of myself. "You don't know who it is?" a shrill, familiar voice replied. "Donna, sorry I couldn't hear you. What's up?" I told her, attempting to calm her down. "So you're going to a concert tonight. Is that correct?" Donna said harshly. I was afraid to find out where she was going with this. "Yes. That's correct, Donna." I said slowly, I grew nervous. Donna had a way of striking fear into your body that would petrify a lion though I'm pretty sure she was barely five feet tall. "So, why are you taking Joey?" Donna said raising her voice. "I'm not taking Joey. He's driving me there and then picking me up." I couldn't stop my voice from shaking no matter how hard I tried. "That's what a whore would say!" Donna yelled. She was so paranoid that Joey was cheating on her. She accused every girl that did so much as look at Joey of attempting to steal "the love of her life". 

I couldn't sit still. I was tapping my foot but, the teacher told me to stop. So I started tapping my pencil but, the teacher told me to stop that too. "Do you want another day of detetion, Ms. Santucci?" The nun said sternly. "No, Sister Goretti." I replied respectfully. Sister Goretti was Mary Goretti's Aunt. Sister Goretti was about thirty-six years old and she always cut Mary slack. Mary could show up late for class in hot shorts while chewing bubblegum, and wouldn't get in trouble. I hated it so much. Finally class was over. I ran out of the class room, eager to get some of my energy out. "Ms. Santucci! No running!" Sister Goretti scolded. I ignored her and rushed to the bathroom. I stood staring into the mirror blankly when Mary Goretti and her clique walked in. "Woah, Anna! Did you take the brown acid?" Mary joked cold heartedly. "Oh bite me, bitch." I was so sick of her shit.. She stepped back and a confused look grew upon her face. "What did you just say to me?" She asked sadly. "Jesus, Mary! You freakin' heard what I said! Don't act like you didn't." The girls scampered out of the restroom like a bunch of deer after they hear a gunshot. I was finally the gun, I wasn't the scared little deer anymore. I wanted to hurt her and I wanted to do it now. However, I couldn't possibly risk ruining my hair, nails or getting a black eye, because I was going to a Stones concert, I could meet freakin' Mick Jagger so I had to look my best. "Oh damn, I've got to get to class!" I burst out of the bathroom and got scolded for running in the hallway. Again. 

Finally school let out! I fought my way through the crowd of teenagers trying to escape this required hell hole. Once I made my way out of the crowd, I ran home to get changed. I ran so fast I thought my legs were going to fly off, then I slipped in a puddle. "Ow!" I stood up and tried to collect myself and began running again. I pulled on a light blue pair of jeans and a flowy, floral button down shirt. I strapped my platforms on and strutted over to my mirror to put my make up on. I put a sparkly, light brown eye shadow on and drew on my eyeliner. Curled my eyelashes and put on my mascara. I put a shimmery, pink lipstick on to pull it all together. My music was blaring in the background, as per ususal. I brushed my hair as I sang along to "Purple Haze". I heard a soft knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted over the music. "Anna, your boyfriend's here." Nick said in a monotone voice. "Send Joey, who is not my boyfriend, up. I'm almost ready."  I replied as I slid on my bracelets. When Joey walked in I was putting my necklace on. "Could you get this for me?" I asked Joey nicely. He nodded and clipped my necklace on. "Thank you!" I said, my voice sounding bubbly. "You ready to go now?" Joey asked impatiently. I nodded and grabbed my orange purse. "See you later, Nick!" I yelled as I walked out the front door. I climed into Joey's Ford Pinto and turned on the radio. "I can't get no! Satisfaction! Hey hey hey! That's what I say!" I sang along. My body shook with excitement. "Ugh! Look at this traffic!" Joey complained. "Oh, don't worry! We've got plenty of time." I said happily before my thoughts began fading back into the music. "You owe me, Anna." Joey said, his voice sounding so cold and harsh. "Well, considering all the things I've done for you and all the food you've eaten at my house, we'll just call it even. Okay?" I said with a snide tone. Joey shrugged in agreement. I sat in my seat figeting, when I looked up I saw the Spectrum. It felt like my heart sunk into my stomach, I almost screamed. I couldn't believe this was really happening.

As I got out of the car I tripped in my platforms. Joey asked if I was okay. I nodded and as I was about to stand up, there was a hand held out to help me up. I took it and stood up. "You okay, love?" a tall man with long wavy hair and a British accent asked me. I nodded and thanked him for helping me up. I walked over to the line to get inside. The British man came with me. "Um, can I help you?" I asked him, a bit suspicious of him. "Well, I was hoping that maybe you would have a seat near me. I would be honored to sit next to a beauty like you." he told me with a wink. Great, a certified lady's man. "Well, I'm not sure where I'm sitting." I told him. He held his hand out. "What?" I asked him, not sure what he was waiting for me to give him. "Your ticket. Let me see it." he said politely. "Oh." I handed it to him. "Oh! I can get you much better seats. Come with me." He said taking my hand and walking up towards the front of the line. He handed my ticket to a foxy african american girl with an afro that was perfectly round. I always wondered how they get em so perfectly shaped. She handed him a different ticket. "Here you go, love. This is a much better seat." He said with a smile. I looked at the ticket trying to figure out the difference. The tickets just had a bunch of numbers and letters that didn't make sense. "Well why is it better?" I asked as he walked me inside. "Because it's in the front row and it's next to me." He said with a smile. Holy mother of Hendrix! Front row seats! I wanted to hug this strange man but I managed kept my excitement under control. "I'm Anna." I said holding out my hand. "John." He said shaking my hand. When we sat down in our seats he began making small talk with me. I admit he was pretty cute.

"Hello, Philadelphia!" Mick Jagger yelled as the band walked onto the stage. Everyone in the audience began screaming at the top of their lungs. They started out the set with an older one "She's a Rainbow" I knew all the words though. Then they began playing "It's Only Rock and Roll (But I like It)" and I knew all the words to that one too. In the middle of the show I noticed that John was looking at me. "What?" I asked him, yelling over the music. He shook his head and looked up at the band. "What's he staring at? Did I smudge my makeup?" I thought to myself. By the end of the concert I could barely hear. "That was amazing!!!" I yelled as John and I walked out of the stadium. "Truly amazing!" He yelled back equally as loud. "Hey! Do you know anyplace good to grab some food? I'm starving!" he yelled. I rolled my eyes. "Of course I do! This is Philadelphia! Some of the greatest food is in this city! You ever been to Tony Luke's?" I asked him. He shook his head. My mouth dropped to the ground. "You've never been to Tony Luke's? How long have you been here?" I asked him honestly shocked that he'd never had a Tony Luke cheesesteak. "About a week now." He said shying away. "Oh wow really?" I asked. John nodded and said "Well, if it's so amazing let's go!" He said excitedly as he walked me to a 1957 Chevrolette Corvette in Cherry Red. "Is this yours?!" I asked, as I walked around the car slowly examining it. "No I stole it" He joked. "You like it? The guy that lives next door to me didn't want it anymore so he gave it to me. I was blown away."  "Like it?! I love it! He just gave it to you?!" I yelled excitedly. "Can I drive?" I asked, my voice filled with hope. "Hmm. Well, I suppose you could. You aren't high, are you?" John said as he held out his keys. I giggled excitedly as I slid into the driver's seat. I ran my hands slowly over the steering wheel. I put the key into the ignition and turned on the car. "Oh my god." Is this what heaven is like? John laughed. "Well, are we going to just sit here or are you going to drive? Are you afraid to drive it?" He asked. I looked at him angrily. I'm not afraid of anything certainly not driving this car. I revved the engine and sped off out of the parking lot. "Handles nice." I said bluntly, not making eye contact with him. John was holding onto the handle for dear life. "Yeah." he said anxiously. I smiled as I took the exit for the freeway. "Let's see what this baby can do!" I said pushing 90mph. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5M 641K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
35.5K 1.6K 33
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
229K 6.2K 52
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
183K 7.1K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other