Now Whose Got The Gun

By monemoor_

I clutched the gun to my chest. The blood on my hands, outfit and hair knotted with it. The body stared up at... More

Copyright
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One: Going Home?
Chapter Two: Chespa, Oregon
Chapter Three: Facing Reality
Chapter Four: Memories
Chapter Five: Whatever It Takes
Chapter Six: No Brainer
Chapter Seven: Love Isn't There Without Pain
Chapter Eight: Party All Day, Kill All Night
Chapter Nine: Blasts From The Past
Chapter Ten: Consequences of Actions Not Thought Through
Chapter Eleven: Accepting Death
Chapter Thirteen: My Enemy Used To Be My Best Friend
Chapter Fourteen: Fate Has A Way Of Screwing You Over
Chapter Fifteen: Getting Answers to Quetions, Isn't Always a Good Thing
Chapter Sixteen: 'Boy don't you love just hitting your mark?'
Chapter Seventeen: The feeling you get when you're so close to the finish line.
Chapter Eighteen: That moment your entire world is ripped away from you.
Chapter Nineteen: They same karma is a bitch, what about betrayal?
Chapter Twenty: The Final Battle
Chapter Twenty One: Epilouge
Soundtrack

Chapter Twelve: Don't Burn or Twist Me

735 9 0
By monemoor_

Chappie Twelve!

A/N: Hope you guys enjoy (: Vomment, fan, like, and tweet (: Thanks, ‘Kay bye now readers!

**

Recap:

Josh’s body fell to the ground, and I stared in utter shock as his eyes rolled back into his head, and his last breath was the word to. I always said they have no to blame but themselves. But, Josh, Josh hadn’t deserved to die this way, not after he was going to confess to all he did wrong and either try to live a normal life or end up killing himself in the process of this little hell.

I stared up at who had the gun, who by my surprise was Liam.

I needed to figure out what Josh was going to say, because whatever it was, Liam most definitely didn’t want me to know.

**

I stared at Liam, who stared back at me with a vindictive look in his eyes.

Alexia finally got up and threw one of the bottles in the direction of Liam, Lacey, Josh’s dead body and Allen. Since there was already liquor on the floor it created a trail of fire between us and them. I grabbed two of them and stepped out from behind the table and twirled them in my fingers in swift movements. A couple of Libson’s body guards came rushing towards me.

I smashed one of the bottles onto one of the guards setting him ablaze. I had always loved theatrics. I ran towards another guy and then slid unto my knees under his arm when he tried to close line me. My arm came out and took out his legs from underneath him. He landed on his chest with a huge thud. I grabbed one of his knives and smashed the other bottle in my hands, watching his body burn.

My body turned around on the balls of my feet and stabbed the guy that was behind me, knee. He buckled and fell unto his knee which made him wince. He stared at me in vengeance and punched me in the face. I held my nursed my nose to stop the bleeding. I stared at him with anger, as I looked at the smirk on his face. We were at eye level, but not for long.

I stood up and did a kick flip right into the guys face. I landed back on my feet, and watched as his now dead body was bleeding unto the floor, because I had smashed his face in. I looked over at Alexia who was fighting off her own share off body guards. She pulled a knife out of her boot and slit one of the guys neck and walked over to me.

“You ready to do this?” She asked.

I smiled at her, “Of course.

I threw the knife I had in my hand into a body a few feet which landed into one of theirs heart and watched as he dropped to the ground.  I pulled out my Sais, twirling them in my hand. A cluster of about 20 body guards, and from the looks the last at the club, charged at Alexia and I with their guns.

My Sais were spun back into their holsters, before I jumped up on a bar and kicked up my feet, so no one knew where I was hanging from. One of the guards appeared underneath where I hung from. My legs dropped down and clasped themselves around the guy’s neck. I twisted my legs, with all my strength, until I heard a crack. My legs disappeared from around the guy’s neck, as his body fell limp to the floor.

I looked at Alexia, who had a surprisingly huge pile of dead bodies near her. I looked at my own big pile and thought that we only had a few more to go. The last three, who were making sure the civilians didn’t leave, walked over with AK-47s in their hands.

Alexia and I shared a look, as she took out two butterfly knives and I, a small mini pistol. Alexia flicked both her wrist back and sent the two butterfly knives right into the heart of one guy and the head of another. I cocked my pistol quickly, and shot the other in the head.

I looked around for Liam, Allen and Lacey. I couldn’t find them anywhere, when I spotted a small trace of blond hair leaving through a back door.  By now, a bunch of the innocent people were running amuck, and screaming. Some had amused look on their faces which had quickly changed to fear.

Alexia escorted them out, as I tried to find a way to get to the retreating group of teenagers.

“Fuck, they got away!” I yelled at no one in particular, just upset that they had made a getaway while I killed another portion of their army of guards. I walked to the bar to see if there would be another way to that door. But, instead of finding another exit, I found a slightly frightened AWOL English teacher of mine, which was pointing a gun directly at me.

Oh, goodie, I thought as he cocked the gun.

*

“Okay listen up, you stupid ass cunt,” I gasped at his words, as he smirked clearly wanting that reaction. “You and your little friend are going to let me leave, before this building is completely set ablaze.” I finally looked around and noticed that half the room-where one of the dance floors was, sitting area and the V.I.P lounge-was completely on fire. It was only a matter of minutes before the entire club was disintegrated.

“I can’t let you do that.” I pulled out a small switch blade and slashed in the direction of his body.  His hand gripped his cheek. I saw a trickle of blood on his hand. I had made a three inch wide and roughly one inch deep cut along his cheek. I smiled as his eyes got a furious look in them. He cocked the gun another time, since when I cut him; he pulled the trigger which had shot through a bottle of liquor.

The tip of my boot kicked the gun right out of his hand and unto the floor next to the now spilling liquor. His hand reached down to grab it. I slammed the heel of by boot into his hand and crouch down so we were at eye to eye level.

“Now, Dean, isn’t that your name?” I ground my heel deeper, making him shriek. He nodded quickly, sweating from the scalp of his head and damping his shaggy blond hair. I rolled my eyes, “Or should I call you Mr. Johnson? I mean since you are my AWOL English teacher, why did you leave that day? I mean the entire school hasn’t seen you for weeks. What have you been doing, Dean? Have you been selling drugs to teenagers, Dean?”

He shook his head, which made me even angrier than I was before. I lifted my foot for a second and then smashed it back unto his hand. He screamed a sound that could pierce eardrums and yelled a couple of profanities at me-bitch being a word that came up often.

“Shut the fuck up you little ass moron! Now, tell me who that guy you were talking to was and what part does he play in Libson’s little game. And, if, you lie to me Dean, I swear to god I will cut off every single finger you have and shove them down your throat. (A/N: Gruesome, I know, but it’s part of Liza’s personality. Keep Reading ->) so, tell me, now.”

He took a ragged breath and looked at me with deceitful hate flashing through his eyes. “His name is Lorenzo. He is a mafia boss. A godfather, if you will. Well, the godfather around this part of town. He runs, well used to anyways, the Vermicelli Mafia mob. Lorenzo is his first name, named after his father, Lorenzo Vermicelli. So, as you can see, Lorenzo meant a big deal down here. But now since your sweet cakes Josh-y killed him. You can now kiss the Vermicelli Mafia mob out of Libson’s plans.”

“That didn’t answer the second part of my question dipshit.” I sneered.

“I wasn’t finished you vile and vindictive bitch.” He sneered back. I pressed a little harder on his hand, which made him wince, but continue with his story, “Libson needed Lorenzo to keep the police out of his way, so his entire plan can go into full and complete action. But, since Lorenzo is now dead, Libson doesn’t have anyone to keep the police off his back. Well, I mean he is using high school students as decoys and of course, dealing the drugs in places where you wouldn’t think of.”

“What’s Libson’s big plan?”

“I don’t know, he hasn’t told anyone. All he keeps saying is, that everyone will find out when the time is right.”

“Okay, so what are some of these places the drug dealing goes down?”

“Well, I mean your standing in one, you go to one every single day-my used to be classroom as you already know, and of course Allen’s house. I know you knew that one, I mean come one did you not notice all the security the day of that party.” His voice was low and patronizing.

I thought back to the party remembering when Allen knocked out that guy and magically two big dudes in suits appeared. During freshman year, Allen never had body guards. I mean no one did, because why, it was just a high school party. No one thought anything was going to happen, except for maybe a fight, or the cops being called because of too loud music.

“Where else, Dean?”

“That,” He took a pause for dramactic effect, “I can’t tell you. Why you are going to ask, it is because you have to figure it out yourself.” A smile appeared on his lips as if mocking my blindness with this case.

“Oh, don’t worry Dean, I’ll figure it out in no time.” I removed my shoe from his hand, which had left a hole going all the way through. I smirked, as he stared at his hand in anger and anguish.  A laugh left my lips, as I wrapped an arm around Dean’s neck and placed the knife I had on his jugular. He gulped, which made his adams apple appear. I smiled against his ear.

“I’m so, not, very sorry Dean.” I kissed his cheek, and then slid my knife across his neck. His eyes rolled to the back of his head, as his body dropped beaneath me.

I came from behind the bar, and walked up to Alexia, ushering the last of the people outside.

“Lets go, before this place is completely burned down.” I said. Most of the people had gotten into cars and drove off, while others waited for taxis or their ride. Alexia and I walked toward our car.

“Boy am I glad, we brought our car, just in case.” Alexia said, as I started the engine, popped a U-turn and drove off. Sirens filled the silence that quickly formed between us, as I pushed to 90 as we made our way back to the house.

.

I was sitting in front our computer and emailing, Lindsey, one of our head tech people at I.B.S. I had uploaded the pictures I had taken last night my computer.

*Liza, I ran a scan on the pictures you sent me.

*Yes? What’d ya’ get?

*Well, not so well. So, that mafia boss you told me about.

*Yeah, Vermicelli.

*Yeah, well, that Dean kid was right. Vermicelli was providing the ultimate protection for the drug dealers. That’s where half the army of guards come from. But, since Vermicelli is now dead, half the guard is now gone.

*And the problem is?

*Libson is realizing this too, so he hired another mafia mob to do his protecting thing. Now, a new godfather is tangled into this mess and it’s going to be even harder to get to. So, be aware of everything.

*So, now instead of being one step forward, we just went two steps back?

*Yes. But, that’s all I have. I’ll get you more info later, Chairman wants me.

*Thanks Lindsey.

*Anytime (Linds241 has signed off)

Great, this is fantastic.

Tell me about it, my voice countered.

A groan left my lips when I heard Alexia shout my name.

.

“Liza! We have cheer, so get your ass of the computer and get ready!”

“To my defense, I was emailing Lindsey.” Alexia gave me a very confused look. I sighed, exasperated. “You know, Lindsey, the girl who handles all the tech-y stuff in the Bureau.”

“Oh, well whatever. Go get ready, we have cheer practice. Lacey, according to Jennifer, bailed on practice today, like the first time since she became captain. So Jennifer is filling in, and she wants you to help her since you know you were the first ever youngest cheer captain the schools ever had.”

Alexia bounced down the stairs, as I trudged up them to get ready. After what happened last night, I was beat and all I wanted to do was sleep. But since Alexia and I had gotten home at 3 in the morning, I had only gotten roughly 2 hours asleep. I mean, yes I didn’t actually get out of bed until 10 oclock. But, 7 of those, could have been, precious moments of ‘sleep’ were spent tossing and turning or staring at my ceiling. Even, when I did fall asleep it was for short increments, which were always interrupted, because the sun crept in and hit me in the eyes.

I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water cascade down my body.

After 30 minutes, I was dressed, had eaten and was in the passenger side, because I was sure I would pass out if I drove.

Sleep deprivation, now that should be a world wide disease. It makes your mind go completely numb and just a tad bit loopy. I smiled a very dopey smile as I watched a squirrel climb a tree and then come back down to hid behind a bush.

A groan escaped my lips for the second time as Alexia continued to drive to cheer practice humming ‘Sugar, We’re Going Down’ underneath her breath.

.

Cheer practice didn’t go as long as usual, because since Lacey wasn’t there, Jennifer did a quick run through of our fight song and a routine we would be doing at a game coming up soon.

After that, most of the team went to Juicys. I decided not to go, but Alexia jumped at the chance to flirt  with the waiter again. I rolled my eyes, and hopped in our car. I was about to drive off, when a light tapping noise came from the window.

It was Jennifer, wearing a sports bra and shorts. She had hurriedly slipped on a fall of the shoulder sweatshirt and some flipflops. Her hair was pulled into an elegant high ponytail with a pink bow. Again, her makeup was light and natural looking.

She handed me a slip of paper.

“Lacey told me to give this to you,” She gave me an ‘i-feel-bad-for-you’ look and walked off to meet up with Ryan, who was waiting patiently for her. They clasped hands and got into his car. Alexia had ridden with Lexi and Alyssa, these other two girls from the team.

I stared at the note, trying to get why Jennifer gave me that look. Then it hit me, Jennifer must’ve thought Lacey was kicking me off the team. But of course, she wouldn’t; Lacey needed to keep me close.

Because, you know what they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

.

A/N: Okay, so you must know why I had such a hard time writing this chapter and took hours to do. Well, because in my head I had this fan-freakin-tatsic chapter twelve, but that of course was not written how I wanted so. I made like 3 different versions of it and this is the result.

It is a filler-ish chapter with a few things, i like, love, are ok and desperately hate. Because, I have writers block and it isn't looking pretty. And, I'm thinking of either changing the plot and deleted this story and reuploading it. But I've decideed, nope I can't do that to my fans!

So, here goes nothing and I am so very determined to finish this book and enter it for Watty Awards 2012. So press every button on left hand side and give me your feedback below. Thanks :) and hope you liked.

Love

Mone

xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 14.7K 30
Valentina Devlin, known to be difficult and an insanely hard-to-get. From day one, she's only had two things on her mind. Getting recognition from he...
2K 144 76
Guns, revenge and buildings to bomb, what could go wrong? โœฎ He came in, gun held out in front of him in one hand while the other was resting on his h...
13.6K 371 21
[COMPLETED] "Shoot," Joey mumbles, letting out a string of profanities under his breath. We turn around to find a group of men, all with guns, standi...
731 22 14
"Please, take your mask off" i said with trembling voice. His head dropped to my level, and butterflies in my stomach were going crazy when he starte...