Thorns

By SophieQuinnOfficial

Whitney Gordon will defend her family at all costs. If people shout names or say mean things just because she... More

Soundtrack
TRIGGER WARNING
1 - Whitney
2 - Carlie
3 - Rai
4 - Whitney
5 - Rai
6 - Whitney
7 - Rai
8 - Carlie
9 - Whitney
10 - Rai
11 - Carlie
12 - Whitney
13 - Rai
14 - Whitney
16 - Whitney
17 - Rai
18 - Whitney
19 - Rai
20 - Whitney
21 - Rai
22 - Carlie
23 - Whitney
24 - Rai
25 - Whitney
26 - Rai
27 - Whitney
28 - Rai
29 - Whitney
30 - Rai
31 - Whitney
32 - Rai
33 - Carlie
34 - Whitney
35 - Rai
36 - Whitney
37 - Rai
38 - Whitney
39 - Rai
40 - Whitney
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL MESSAGE

15 - Rai

5.8K 118 3
By SophieQuinnOfficial

Rai

"Mi amor, going out with Whitney Gordon... C'mon, give me some credit!" I snapped, with what I hoped was a cocky grin.

"Ah. Got it," She said, frownin' a little, but droppin' the subject; good.

"So... Can I ask you what's like to have two dads?"

I waited for her answer. She kept drummin' her fingers on the table and lookin' around the restaurant like she couldn't care less about her date. She'd called me her date, though. Was it just 'cause the waiter was messin' with us or did she... you know, actually considered me her date?

No, Rai, she secretly has the hots for you... C'mon, wake up, pendejo...! I'm embarrassed for you, you're acting like a fourteen-year-old!

"Are you gonna answer?" I asked, clearing my throat; damn conscience attackin' me in the worst time ever...

"Why do you even care?" She said, lookin' bored as hell; crap... not what I wanted at all.

"Curious. You almost bit my head off in the car, about Cher and that shit. So... Gotta know. What's it like?" I asked again, shruggin', and she actually focused on me this time, shruggin' as well.

"How can I know? It's just family, to me. Can't really tell the difference." She said, and I could see she meant it "I mean, I could ask you what's it like to have a mom and a dad. Same thing."

"Guess so." I mumbled, shruggin' again "And... they're your parents since when?"

"Since they adopted me," She said.

"Shocker." I snapped, sourly, and she actually smiled a little "What I meant was-"

"Since I was a baby. About... six months, I think" She said, after thinkin' for a bit.

"Wow. Thought they adopted you later. Like when you were a toddler already."

"Nope. Still a baby."

"Didn't know people abandoned- I mean, I know people abandon babies!" I quickly amended, and she looked at me through her glass of water "Seems really weird."

Well, it looked weird that someone could abandon a baby like Whitney Gordon. I mean, if she's this drop-dead gorgeous now, I can only imagine how cute she was as a baby with big blue eyes and chubby cheeks. Who could just... ignore someone like that?!

Puto... you're losing it...

Yeah, well... That's what you get when you fly too close to the sun...

"Yes, well... diabetic baby, not exactly screaming 'Perfect daughter'" She said, and she looked bitter, even if she shrugged.

"It's their loss." I assured her, frowning, and she tightened her lips like she didn't want to talk about it; tough shit, we were goin' all personal tonight "And your dads' win."

"Right."

"What about your sister? Carlie, right? My sister Santana really likes her" I told her, givin' her the illusion that we've changed the subject; I needed to relax so she would drop her defenses one by one.

I mean, I know how it goes: you build this fort around you so nothin' can touch you, the ultimate armor against the world. I get it and I also know it's bullshit.

"Carlie, yeah. She likes Santana. She was at our place for Carlie's birthday, last year. She's a shy kid" She remarks.

Oh, no you won't, Copper Girl. We're not talkin' about me. It's only about you, tonight.

"Yeah, she is. Nothin' like me. So, Carlie's your blood sister, or...?"

"She's adopted too. Not my blood sister." She said, servin' some more water to herself "I was about five when she came along. Also a baby. She's about as fun as the plague."

"And you love her to death."

"Anyone who hurts her will have to deal with me" She answered, and I couldn't help feeling this was a warnin', of some sort.

"And is Carlie a diabetic too?"

She seemed to get nervous and drank some more water, shruggin'.

"What's with you and the water?" I asked, frowning.

"Just thirsty."

I read that diabetic could get thirsty if they were hyperglycemic.

"Are you ok? You're not hyperglycemic, are you?" I asked, lookin' at her with all my focus as if I could see the high glucose in her eyes or hands.

"Fine" She snapped, squinting at me.

Ok. So the diabetic topic was a sensible one... Still. I didn't want her to get hurt, and if she was hyperglycemic, she would get hurt, right?

"So who's the college guy you've been datin'?"

She made a crooked grin like the question amused her. Or maybe she was thinkin' about that cabrón.

"Oh, you know... Just some really hot and smart guy" She said, shruggin'.

"Really? What's his name?"

"Peter."

"How old is he?"

"Twenty-two."

"What's his major?"

"He's in med school."

"What school?"

"Perdue," She said, after two seconds.

"Perdue doesn't have a med school," I grinned at her right away; ah... got you.

She stopped drinkin' for a second, blushed like hell, then kept drinkin', shruggin'.

"You're thinkin' vet medicine, right?"

"Exactly. Duh." She snorted , and I did my own cocky grin "What?"

"You're not dating, are you?"

"Sure I am."

"No, you're not."

"Oh, yeah? And how do you know?" She said, looking bored.

"You're too busy with family and school. You wouldn't be datin' a guy that's miles away. Especially not a stupid college bimbo."

"Mike's not a college bimbo."

"Thought his name was Peter."

She blushed even more, and I couldn't help to feel my gut tight.

Shit. Just... shit! I knew this was a bad idea...

"Whatever," She said, doin' that bored look again.

"Stop that shit!" I snapped, and she stared at me, surprised; people near us stared as well "Stop givin' me fuckin' shrugs and dull looks. I'm not a fuckin' jock you can just ignore. You're my date, and you'll give me your time and attention. That's the least a polite person should do."

I saw in her face that she was about to snap back at me some witty comment. She knew she could shut me up with a few words, like: You're pathetic. Or: You're just not worth the time. Or worse: I'm embarrassed to be seen with you, you piece of shit!

Still, she swallowed more water, coughed a little, straighten her back, and didn't say a word.

"So what about you? Are you dating Nina?"

I blinked. Seriously? She was actually talkin', now?! I should've yelled at her earlier...

"God, no. Not now, not ever."

"Why? You two look perfect for each other" She grinned, like a snake.

"Bein' perfect isn't really my number one focus, Copper Girl, that's you." I snapped back and immediately regretted my words as she winced "Huh... Yeah, no... We're not together."

"Really? 'Cause it looked like you were, in the cafeteria, a few days ago."

"Oh? You were checking us out?" I teased, and she made a face.

"It's hard not to notice when you're putting on a show."

"Sure..."

"So, you're not dating her. Why?"

"Are you kiddin' me?! She's a whore."

"And?"

"I don't date whores." I said, frownin' "I don't actually date."

She stopped her glass midway. I surprised her, I could see it in her face. Still, she drank again.

"What about Blonde Fuck?"

"Who?" She asked, frownin'.

"Darren, the Jock."

"Blonde Fuck? Seriously?"

"Gotta call him somethin'."

"And all you came up with was that wonderful nickname?" She grunted, pressing her lips together.

"Are you datin' him or not?"

"He's one of my best friends," She told me.

"Meanin'?"

"Meaning, even if it's none of your business, no, I'm not dating him. Never did, never will. We're just really good friends."

Awesome!

"So you're available."

"For what?"

I gave her a sour look, and she made a sneer again.

"Don't even dare. This is a one-time thing." She started, her palms up "I'm not dating you."

"Don't hate it until you've tried it" I grinned, starin' at my own glass of water.

"Whatev- Sure" She changed her words, and I smiled; she was already changin' her mind, even if she wasn't aware of it.

The waiter came with our food, and as he did, she quickly checked for wrong things in her dish. I kept starin' at the nervous waiter. I'm sure he didn't forget my threat, so I'd bet he made everythin' as Whitney asked.

"Ok. Thank you" She said to the waiter, smiling; the guy actually took a deep breath and made a small bow.

Now, that's more like it!

"Enjoy your meal," I said, and she smiled at me, a real smile.

Damn... I was so gonna get into trouble...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 10.5K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
430K 8.7K 46
Violet Rose Rodriguez is a 19 year old who thinks her life is falling apart after her mom's death. Even when she's drowning in her own thoughts she k...
268K 3.8K 42
Alejandra Martinez had the perfect life until she lost her mom and childhood to a violent tragedy that she witnessed. As a result, her dad fell into...
2.9M 99.7K 40
What are the odds of moving to a new state, and having to live with the hottest family in school- no, scratch that. The hottest family in the WORLD...