Our Alternate Ending | | A Po...

By iamourship

Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heart... More

Prologe
Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum
Chapter 2- Stay with Me
Chapter 3- Battle Cries
Chapter 4- A Suns Orbit
Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer
Chapter 6- Candecent Moons
Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals
Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame
Chapter 9- Crule Like You
Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties
Chapter 12- The Trill of the Race
Chapter 13- Shattered Glass
The Elevator Chapter
Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles
Chapter 16- Earlybird In Worry
Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel
Chapter 18- Wild Eyes
Chapter 19- Cry Wolf
Chapter 20- Playing Cupid
Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison
Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold
Chapter 23- Painstaking
Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds
Chapter 25- Me in Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter 26- Natures Crown
Chapter 27- Their Bad Blood
Chapter 28- Bottled Sunshine
Chapter 29- Trailing Scars
Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts
Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour
Chapter 32- Cosmo Children
Chapter 33- Scream
Chapter 34- Illuminating With Lanterns
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 2)
Chapter 36- The Tearling
Chapter 37- The Art Of A Queen
Chapter 38- When Things Look Up
Chapter 39- When Things Fall Down
Chapter 40- An Abundance Of Tears
Chapter 41- Crys of a Broken Girl
Chapter 42- Carving Dreams
Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale
Chapter 44- Bitter Blue
Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths
Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms
Chapter 47- Bleeding Black
Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart
Epilogue
G O O D B Y E
Sequel: Fame Through The Fire

Chapter 10- Firelight

1.3K 58 44
By iamourship

Merry Christmas everyone. Thank you so much for reading this far. To be honest, I didn't think I was going to get this far. Please feel free to leave a comment about my new characters like Bella, Leon, Aron and especially Elaina. I love hearing what you think and please tell me how I can make their characters better!
________________________________________________________

"It's getting late Serena, I think we should stop for the night." Ash noted as the light from the sinking sun washed him in gold. His hazel eyes had been been temporarily flushed vermilion. It was the most picturesque sight I had ever seen. I wanted to capture this moment in my memories forever.

I sighed.

"I guess you're right. We can stay here for the night. There's space for our tents and, a stream nearby too." I looked around the small clearing we were standing in. The canopy opened, allowing the last bit of sunlight to pour through. Soon we would have a clear view of the stars. And me and Ash would be alone.

The thought of us laying under the stars together, no other company for miles away made me blush. I covered my heated cheeks with my hands to hide the fact.

"I'm going to get some fire wood so we can make dinner." Ash suggested and I nodded in return.

While Ash was away, I decided to put up my tent. Well, Bonnie's tent that I kind of umm...stole. But that's irrelevant. Once it was up, I stood back to admire my work. Suddenly, Ash burst through the trees with a jumble of fire wood balanced in his arms. I chuckled as he awkwardly waddled over to where I was standing. Then, he dropped his load onto the floor before brushing himself off.

"Thank you Ash. I'll start the fire and begin making dinner while you set up your tent." I said as I lit a match and threw it into the wood pile. A look of panic crossed Ash's face. He nervously scratched the back of neck. I perked up at his strange behavior.

"What's wrong Ash?"

"Umm...I might have forgotten to bring a tent." He smiled sheepishly at me. My mouth formed the shape of an 'o'. What was I going to do? I obviously couldn't make him sleep outside.

"I guess you could sleep with me in my tent." I suggested. He slowly nodded, there wasn't much els he could do.

"Okay" he muttered as he pulled his hat down over his face. It was almost as if he was hiding something. "I'm going to do some training."

Ash walked into the woods, leaving me alone with the fire and a bunch of ingredients that had nothing to do with making deserts. Making normal food couldn't be that hard, right? I mean, Clemont did it every day.

Well, there's a first time for everything.

*.   *.    *.    *. 

Dinner didn't turn out too badly considering my lack of experience. Ash and I both sat around the fire in silence as we finished our soup. We hadn't talked much after Ash came back from training, other than establishing the fact that he was starved.

The sky had turned dark and the stars came out. We were both washed in orange light from the fire and sat directly across from each other. I was too afraid to speak first, so luckily Ash did.

"What are you going to do once we get there?" He asked. I hadn't actually thought about that.

"I'm not sure. All I know is that I need to get Elaina out of trouble." I replied, confidence evident in my voice.

"You're a really good friend."

"I can say the same to you for coming with me. Thank you Ash."

"No problem. It should be an exciting adventure anyway." He smiled at me for the first time tonight. It made me beam back. But soon his face turned serious again. "Actually Serena, there's something I want to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Earlier, when we were on the phone to the siblings, Bella said something that confused me. I think she asked if you had 'confessed your love to him'. What did she mean by that?" Ash finally looked up at me. My head began to swim as I recalled her saying that. This could not be happening. I gulped.

"You heard that?" I said, my voice an octave higher than normal.

"Yeah, it's been bothering me all day."

"That's nothing you should be worried about." I felt my heart leap in my chest as I desperately tried to get us to drop the subject.

"Come on Serena! You can tell me anything. Who is 'him'?" Ash asked, his eyes filled with interest.

"I don't feel comfortable sharing." I looked away. I didn't have the courage to meet his eyes.

"How come Bella knows and I don't. I thought we're friends. We tell each other everything, right?" He got up and walked over to me. Ash sat down beside me and put a toned arm over my shoulders.

"Yes. We're still really good friends. But I'm sorry, I really don't feel comfortable sharing. I'm not sure how Bella knows, but I certainly didn't tell her." I explained as I eyed Ash's arm on my shoulder.

"Maybe we just need to become closer friends. Then you'll tell me." He said as he looked up at the stars. I followed his line of vision and we sat in silence for a minuet. It was funny how Ash had no idea we were actually talking about him. But it made me giddy knowing that he cared enough to pick up on it.

"Don't worry Ash. I'm going to tell you some day. I'm just not ready yet." I said eventually. Ash shifted his gaze from the sky to me.

"Tell me when you're ready." He said softly. I smiled back at him. He was so understanding. I felt myself falling even further for Ash Ketchum. Soon, I knew I would hit rock bottom and it was only a matter of time before I did.

"I think it's time we go to bed." I stated, reluctantly releasing myself from Ash's arm. It felt like a small bit of warmth had been pulled away from me.

"You're right. I'm beat." Ash stretched once he got up. I put out the fire quickly before Ash and I walked into the tent.

*.  *.   *.   *.

Sunlight drifted through the cracks of the tent, forcing my eyes open. My hair was spread out messily around my face but I was too lazy to move it. My eyelids fluttered but the light was too intense at the moment. The quietness of the morning relaxed me and I attempted to turn onto my side but something stopped me.

I glanced down and found a tan, muscular arm resting on my chest. My eyes widened and my body went rigid. At first I had no idea what was happening but then memories of last night flooded back to me.

I was sleeping side by side with Ash Ketchum.

My heart rate immediately raced like a Rhyhorn and my cheeks burned bright pink. The first thing I had to do was move his arm but I was somehow reluctant. I turned my head to find Ash sleeping peacefully beside me. He seemed so at ease and I didn't want to wake him. Instead, I admired his perfect jawline and caramel skin. Soon I was blushing like crazy. I thought I would go insane if I didn't move his arm off my chest.

"Ash." I whispered but he didn't move. There was more silence. "Ash!" I whispered slightly louder.

This time my crush began to stir. He rubbed his eyes, removing his hand from my chest. I felt myself relax but soon the jet haired boy was muttering to himself.

"Ummm...Serena...I...so tired..." Was about the only thing I could make out. He began turning over and I watched in horror as he came crashing down onto me. The poor boy didn't even know what he was doing. I squirmed beneath him, my heart about leap out of my chest.

I wasn't sure what to do with myself. I couldn't just stay put. No matter how much I secretly wanted to. So logically, being a me in a difficult situation, I screamed.

"Ash!"

Instantly, my crush sat up. He was completely dazed and unaware of what had happened. Once he realized what he'd done, I noticed his cheeks turn red. He looked away from me and I could feel the embarrassment radiating off him. He ruffled his already messy hair. I was staring, my mind blown at how physically perfect he seemed. If only he could feel the things I did.

"I'm sorry Serena." He mumbled, still not meeting my eyes.

"T-that's o-okay. I-I think we should g-get going now." I stuttered. Wow, I was so stupid sometimes.

"You're right. Let's go help Elaina."

_______________________________________________________

First major amourshipping scene!! It was so fun to write. I hope it was fun to read too. Expect many more! And again, merry Christmas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 879 21
When she left for Hoenn, everyone thought she was heading there for contests. But they were wrong. She found a new passion: battling, and this allowe...
39K 870 9
Serena has a huge crush on Ash. He's brave, kind, caring, the list goes on. But most importantly he "Never Gives Up" 。。。 What will happen when Ash is...
709K 9K 108
Ash Ketchum, with Pikachu and the rest of his Kalos team (except for Goodra & Greninja), return home to Pallet Town, where his former travelling comp...
175K 4.9K 31
β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’An Amourshipping Fanficβ€’~β€’~β€’~β€’ β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’ Serena Yvonne is a regular teenage girl at the age of 13 who just sta...