The Girl Next Door

De trinajones1234

"What's your name?" "Why are ya talkin' to mi?" "Because I want to. Now, what's your name?" "You don... Mai multe

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
It's my birthday!!!
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~30~ (The real update)
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
Important Information
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
Not An Update (but please read)
~53~
~54~
~55~
Back in Business

~18~

4.7K 224 115
De trinajones1234

"Cuz Ima ride, I'm with you still the night is young...."

2 days later...

Onika Maraj

As soon as I walk into school, I can sense something was off.

"Uh, am I the only one that felt that vibe change?" Roman asks beside me as we shuffle through the hallways of the school.

"Yea, I felt it..." I say, looking around. Nothing seemed out of place to me. It seems like regular old Panorama High School.

I walk to my locker and twist the combination lock on it. As I do, my phone dings in my hands, signaling a text.

I look at the message and see it's from Robyn.

Robyn 😇👅🌊: Call me. I wanna hear ya voice.

I shake my head, smiling, and do as she says.

She answers on the first ring,"aye, baybeh gal."

I can feel my body reacting to her accent as it always does. I shake my head and ignore the sensation that ignited in me.

"Hey, wassup? Are you feeling better?" I ask, searching for my chemistry book.

"Nah, but it'll 'appen soon," she says, a dry chuckle coming from her.

I smile, finding my book and tucking it under my arm,"do you not know how to pronounce your h's?"

"Wha' ya mean?" She asks.

"Say hey," I order, closing my locker.

"Aye," she replies.

"H-ey. Push you breath out, like you huffing," I instruct, making my way through the hallways once again.

"Huh-aye," she says, struggling.

I burst out laughing at her struggles. She makes the simplest things cute.

"Tha's nah funny," she says, a pout evident in her voice.

"Yes it- tr-try it again," I say, smiling.

"No, I call to tell ya some important, but ya makin' fun of meh."

"Awe, did I huwt the babwy fwewwings?" I ask in a baby voice, walking into my chemistry class.

"Shut up, Nika," Robyn grumbles.

"Okay, I'm done. What'd you want to say?" I ask, sitting in my seat towards the back of the room.

"Ya gon' come when ya finish school?"

"After dance practice, yea. What you need?" I ask, checking the time. 3 minutes until the bell rings...

"Can ya bring meh suh real food?"

"This one time. But you can't make it a habit, because all you doing is laying down in that bed. And if I keep bringing you food, you gone sit there and get fat."

"Meh? Fat? Psh. I still pull gals though if I do," Robyn comments, laughing.

I watch as the teacher walks into the room, a smile on her face as always.

"Hey, I gotta go. I'll call you later," I tell Robyn.

"Okay, mama. Make sure ya bring food."

"Alright. Bye," I say, ending the call

The bell rings and the teacher begins teaching. As I begin to drown her out, my mind goes to Robyn and Zen. Zen still hasn't awaken after the surgery, but the doctors said everything seems to be fine with her. Her heart rate is stable, all signs point to positive, but she still hasn't awaken. As for Robyn and I, I really don't know what we are. She makes me feel some type of way, but every time I bring up a relationship, she will shy away from me.

A note flies towards me and lambs on the middle of my desk, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turn my head and glare at Roman, who tossed the note.

She mouths ' read it '. I nod and unfold the note, reading Roman's handwriting.

Someone told me that people are after Robyn and you.

My mouth drops open. People after me and Robyn? What did I do to them?

I frantically write out 'who told you that? And what do you mean?' Then I flick the note unto her desk.

As soon as I do, my phone vibrates multiple times. I pull it out and check my messages.

Unknown: Does your girl mind if I pay her a visit? (8:15 a.m)

Brittenyfrombb 🔥🏀: Hey, you wanna meet up in the hallways? I have sumn important to talk to you about. (8:17 a.m.)

JheneBean☕👼: Did you hear about what happened to Robyn? (8:17 a.m.)

All of the messages alarmed me.

The first message I recognized as Robert's number because I deleted it, but still had it memorized. The other ones from Britteny and a girl from the dance squad, Jhene, seemed a little off.

But the text from Robert pisses me off to the fullest. I angrily text him back.

: You fucking touch Robyn, your dead 🔪🔫💣(8:20 a.m.)

Unknown: Why you gotta be like that, baby? Why you care more for her than you do me? I've known you for the longest, but you choose to go with that dyke bitch. (8:21 a.m.)

I can feel my blood boiling as I stay to text him back. How dare he say anything like that? It's not like we even go out.

As I'm typing, the three dots appear, then a message pops up.

Unknown: Aww, ya girls sleeping. That's too bad.

What the fuck? I look up and see that the teacher has her back to us, writing out a formula on the board. I glance at Roman, who's staring back at me. I tap my cheek and she nods, receiving the secret message. Let's ditch right now.

As always, the lab door, which is less than 5 feet away, is open. I quietly gather my things together, despite the fact that my hands are shaking and I'm livid, and Roman follows.

Without a word, Roman and I rush out of the room, careful to not make a noise.

Once we are about twenty feet into the halls, Roman whispers,"where are we going?"

"To the hospital," I say, trying to walk as fast as my short legs can make me.

"Why? I tho-"

I whip around, irritated to the max,"listen. You need not to ask me questions, alright? There's already so much going on and-"

"Nick!" I hear a voice whisper-yell.

I turn around and see Britteny jogging to me. I groan. Oh my god. People stopping me left and right. I got something to do, damn.

"What do you want?" I ask, meeting Britteny halfway.

Britteny pulls me away from Roman and stands in front of me, searching all over my body.

"Uh, excuse me! What the hell you doin'?" I ask, pushing her away.

"Are you okay? Did they touch you?" Britteny asks, a worried look painted across her face.

"Wha- who?! What are you talki-"

"The GYC. They after you, Zen and Robyn," she explains. My heart leaps into my throat as I try to process what I just heard.

The GYC is a gang that runs most of Santa Monica. It stands for Graveyard Crips and it's locally known for recruiting some of the youngest kids and having them all their dirty work. August, Michael and Robert are all apart of the gang, titling them as the most feared people in the school. But the reason that they're after us is unknown.

"Wh-why? What'd we do?" I ask, panic evident in my voice.

"Something about Zen's dad and Robyn and drugs. I don't know. I'm not even supposed to be talkin' to you. I gotta go, call me later," she rushes out, looking around and jogging down the hallway.

I watch her, confused. Roman walks up to me, just as my phone dings. I look down and see another message from Robert.

Unknown: She actually looks peaceful... 😇

I breathe in, cursing under my breath.

"Lets go," I mutter to Roman, turning around and heading for the front doors, clenching my fists.

"Are you-"

"Don't fuckin' ask questions," I grit out. The way I'm feeling right now, I can literally kill someone.

§§

"Robyn Fenty?" I ask, rushing to the desk.

"She's been transferred to room 212," the receptionist says, not looking up from her computer.

"Transferred? Why?" I ask, panicking. The receptionist types on the computer for a moment, then speaks.

"She had another attack, this one more severe than the others," she does some typing on her computer,"and they found a small amount of LSD in her system, which had a major role in the attack. They're looking into how it got into her system, but for right now, she's sleeping it off. We can't allow visitors for the next 48 hours."

"What?!" I scream at her.

"Miss, calm down-"

"Don't tell me to fuckin' cal- ooh!" I exclaim, pulling at my hair. I can't believe this. No visitors? LSD? What is going on right now?

"Onika..." Roman taps on my shoulder.

"What?" I ask, turning around.

I turn around and see Michael, one of Roberts friends, leaning against the wall by the entrance on his phone, most likely talking to Robert.

Without thinking, I walk over to him and attack him the best I can, since he's so tall.

"Aye, girl. What the fuck?" Michael yells, trying to block himself from my raining blows.

"Where the fuck is Robert?!" I scream, still hitting him.

"Aye- aye- look, calm down!" He yells, whipping me around and pinning me against the wall.

Almost immediately, I stop, surprised by his strength.

"Aight now? What Rob did, I ain't had none to do wit' that shit, aight? So don't be comin' at me like that, Nika. You betta go 'fore someone from GYC find you. Or before I change my mind and take you in myself."

"B-"

"But nothing, aight? Get outta here and go home. Lay low for a while and stay in your home," he says, backing away from me.

I stare at him for a moment before Roman comes to me and pushes me,"come on. Let's go home."

I groan, running my hands through my hair,"Okay, fine. Let's go, Roman."

Michael nods and begins to walk away.

"48 hours ain't that bad," Roman says as we walk through the automatic doors and head through the parking lot.

"Oh my god, yes it is," I mutter, feeling tears stinging the back of my eyes.

Roman wraps her arm across my shoulders and pulls me into her as we continue walking,"you gone be okay. Just do what Michael said and stay home. Don't even go to dance practice. The coach will understand. Cut off all of the outside world. You need not to stress yourself over this. Just relax."

I shake my head. She makes it seems so easy...

As we approach my car, my phone vibrates in my pocket, signaling a text. I take my phone out of my picket and see a message from Britteny pop across the screen.

Brittenyfrombb 🔥🏀: Hey I got all ur work for you 😊. can I come ovr later?

I shake my head and mute her contact, taking Roman's advice. Maybe that's all I need to do. Cut off the outside world and relax until it all blows over. If it blows over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

anyone?

This update was supposed to be up last night/ early this morning, but I fell asleep. It came out of the blue, one minute I'm typing the story, the next 😴😴😴.

What do y'all think about Onika and Robyn?

Robert and the GYC?

Drama and more drama...

What you guys get for Christmas? I got some clothes, soccer stuff, skateboard, and a tablet.

Vote. Comment.

~Trina J.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

648K 39.7K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
83.3K 4.7K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
250K 8.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...