A Fellowship with Destiny

By JillDavis

Managing a popular and ritzy 100 acre western lodge/ guest ranch that has 40 room/suite accommodations for g... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 A normal work day
Chapter 2 A week of fascination and fireworks
Chapter 4 Lazy summer days
Chapter 5 Road trip to remember
Chapter 6 Childhood innocence lost
Chapter 7 A two week unplanned vacation
Chapter 8 The road leading home
Chapter 9 Getting back to normal Life
Epilogue (maybe a sequel later)

Chapter 3 Out with the old-in with the new

534 5 0
By JillDavis

I woke up  a bit confused then remembered last night, Dwight, and why I was so tired still, glancing at the clock seeing it was ten in the morning.  I remembered Alec  had left a note not to wake me today so I undressed, showered letting the water run until the shower got cold. I dried, put on clean jeans, a nice dark blue western shirt, my boots and left my hair down. Grabbed my laptop then headed down to the front desk seeing  Carrie showing Darla something on the computer. I smiled saying good morning to both as they said morning then Carrie handed me an envelope with my name on it making me raise an eye brow. " Mr. Garnett left it for you boss, said to give it to you as soon as I saw you today."

I sighed thinking this was it, the worst thing running through my head when Carrie nudge me " Boss, go get some coffee and food, you seem to be drifting today, you okay?" I smiled answering " Yes I'm good Carrie thank you, and please  when I get back let me know where we are with  the training okay?" She smirked nodding as Darla said " I think this will be fun Ms. Young  and you need time away now and then right?" I sighed " So everyone keeps saying Darla." She chuckled as I said bye heading to the dining room. Charlie came up hugging me saying thanks for everything and he'd see me next year as I smiled telling him  he is more than welcome back. His parents smiled saying thanks then they left grabbing suitcases on the way out the door. Slowly this group was leaving today, the maids  cleaning each suite or room preparing for the new guests coming in tonight or tomorrow morning.

Grabbing coffee, some eggs and sausage, hash browns then some fruit, I sat down by the windows looking out for what I figure is the last time. I glanced at the envelope dreading what might be inside knowing I can't avoid whatever he has written to me, I was going to have to face destiny head on. I finished my breakfast walking out just as Dwight came towards me nodding as I said " Morning sir, how's your day today?" He tilted his head then noticed the unopened  envelope saying " Good  so far Ms. Young, may I ask you to sit with me for a moment? " I turned looking at Carrie and Darla working, turned  back  saying " I really need to.. " He cut me off whispering " Just a short moment please, I know you  have work to do Kandi and in all honesty only you can remove a tremendous amount of guilt I'm carrying right now." I looked right into his eyes saying  " This never seems to end well with us but alright sir." He led  me to a table in the back of the dining room away from everyone as we both sat down he said " Haven't opened it yet I noticed." I shook my head no saying " In truth, not sure if I should sir, I've already come to the conclusion my time here is now limited why read what I already know." I was looking down when he gently lifted my chin to look into his deep blue eyes sighing " Kandi, you think the best of  everyone else why then think the worst of me?"  I sighed as he didn't let go just gently ran his thumb across my cheek bone then softly across my lips making me take a quick breathe. I softly said " I don't think the worst of you, I think, you as a business man have a duty to report  any doubts of my abilities as you said last night."

Dwight shook his head softly saying " I misjudged your actions yesterday Kandi, I know you don't want to hear why I did it, so I ask you open that, read it, then tell me your thoughts, it's all I ask from you right now." I watched him as he sat back against the chair nodding to the envelope so I sighed and opened it, noticing the letterhead of this lodge then unfolded the paper to read:

Kandi,

I  sincerely ask you again for forgiveness as I jumped to the wrong conclusions last night. What I did or said has nothing to do with your job performance here at the ranch, it is a personal reason from me. You have done this lodge and ranch proud, making it grow financially and in reputation,  and  I'm deeply honored to have you here watching over everything.  All the hands,wranglers and employees that have been here either for a short time or for seven years seem to respect you, care about you, you treat them all as an equal while still maintaining your authority to have them do their jobs as I have talked to every one of them.  I see you here for many years to come or until you decide to move on to other things in your life. Never have I seen such admiration for a boss like I do for you after talking with each and every employee here.  Your own horse protects you, so amazing to see that last night by Thunder.

Now, I asked for complete honesty, candor, thoughts from you and that's what you gave me last night .  I will now do the same for you, complete honesty, candor and thoughts from myself  no secrets or deception. You said you have never spoken to the owner of this ranch, that's not  completely true, you have but you did not know it at the time.

Sincerely,

Dwight Garnett, Esquire

CEO & Sole  Proprietor

"Crossroads Lodge and Guest Ranch"

I took a few deep breathes then looked up as Dwight looked into my eyes waiting for any response from me.  He stood up, holding his hand out as I placed mine in his, he gently rubbed his thumb over my palm saying as we held each others eyes " Please walk with me Kandi, I know you have questions and I have things I need to say to you." I hesitated when Dwight  smiled saying " Everyone here now knows who I am Kandi okay, this morning I talked to each one of the employees here and  I am really surprised Carrie didn't give you any hints when she gave you the envelope." I shook my head no making him chuckle, placing his palm on my back leading me out into the lobby stopping and telling Carrie we would be right back, she smirked to me saying " Sorry boss, he asked us not to say anything to you." I chuckled replying " You miss  owe me now."

We  all chuckled as he nodded to them, opened the front doors  and then leaned against the banister after we walked out. I leaned against a main beam asking " Why not let us know before now sir?" He chuckled turning to me softly moving a piece of my hair behind my ear as I shivered from his touch saying " Hmm back to sir again, Kandi  please, you make me feel old using that term." I smiled as he continued sighing "I find it the best way just to observe my managers, as  the management company hires them, so I'm just a normal guest to them. I see their regular routine, normal attitude, work ethics, all the truths. You have to admit when an owner shows people change behavior, so this way I see how things actually are run. It did surprise me that Alec didn't remember me from three years ago when I came to find just how the past manager was ruining this ranch." I nodded to him when he stepped closer softly saying against my neck " Now as to what happened last night." I looked down sighing " I  only reget the anger and tone Dwight but not to words, I stand by what I said whatever the consequences will be."

He raised my chin looking into my eyes then leaned in brushing his lips against mine softly letting out a low growl saying " God Kandi, I owe you so much, not just because of what you stand for, believe in and have done here. You miss have captured my heart and even though you stated no business with pleasure, which I completely agree with by the way, I am not just a guest here. Yes I did hear you and Alec talking, let me knock down that wall around your heart, take a second chance on love Kandi, take a chance with me. I want and need you more for selfish reasons than for the ranch." He leaned in more deepening the kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck, he pulled me in holding me tighter against his body and I felt the warmth from him, the passion before he pulled back  for a breathe. I whispered "  Dwight, god that's good, but  I need to know, feel without a doubt  you wouldn't hurt me and that takes time no matter how good this feels and wow ." He chuckled kissing my neck as I let out a soft moan  feeling him smile against my skin nibbling my ear lobe causing another soft moan to escape my lips then he looked  deeply into my eyes as I  then kissed him licking his lip making him moan allowing our tongues to touch getting lost together.

We heard someone clear their throat as we both smiled then turned seeing Alec smirking when he said"  Boss , Vick is here and would like to talk with you but I could tell him your umm in a meeting right now." Dwight chuckled  nodding yes as I slapped his arm saying" Thanks Alec, let him know I will be right there." Alec winked to Dwight then tipped his hat to me chuckling as he walked away. " What?" Dwight playfully said as I chuckled " Do not entice my wranglers to lie, even a small white one or all you will ever here is sir from me understand?" Dwight smirked nodding saying " Yes ma'am, mind if I come along?" I chuckled "Well  don't know, can you behave as I have a ranch to run and I hear the owner is a hard ass." He growled  gently slapping my ass saying " Yes I can behave  Kandi." I smiled as we both walked to the stables when he gently took my hand making me blush and he chuckled at me.

Vick smiled nodding to Dwight saying" She knows now Dwight?" I raised an eye brow when Vick  shook his head " Damn Kandi, sorry he just had me over a barrel. I couldn't tell ya." Dwight said " Yes Vick she knows and Kandi everyone around here knows me and why I hid who I was from you and the staff, don't blame them." I chuckled " Okay so all the blame's on you , hmm I'll figure  something out." Vick, Alec and Bryce chuckled at Dwight when he shook his head then we talked about the three cubs Vick's men found in the den farther up north. Bryce said the lion is doing good , the cubs are a bit malnourished but should put weight on soon. I looked at the cubs smiling then reached in grabbing one as Vick laughed saying " Figures, a female sure they cuddle into but my men got bit, scratch and mauled." I laughed along with everyone else saying " Young things just know Vick."  Dwight smiled saying" You have a way with animals and young ones Kandi don't sell yourself short here."

Vick took the cub as I pouted making all the guys laugh as I looked at Dwight  saying" Can't I keep one?" He shook his head taking my hand softly saying" No, he's cute now but Kandi he will grow up to be like his mom, cougars and cattle don't mix right Vick?"  I turned as Vick sighed    " If I could, yes you could keep one, but Kandi he's right, plus they are wild, need their mom and the zoo is best for them. "  I sighed nodding yes as Dwight took a slow deep breath and I chuckled when he growled " A test already Kandi, not fair to me is it?" I nodded yes as the guys laughed and said " I have to test the new waters right, let's you get to know me better Dwight." He shook his head whispering just so I could hear him " Please, fair, honesty and trust it's what you need, it's what I need, I'll be totaled devoted to you Kandi, remember  I saw my last relationship blow up, front and personal."  I shyly looked at him whispering ' Okay no games, or tests, just don't make a promise you can't keep, as I will do the same for you."  We said bye to Vick and Bryce then I told Dwight and Alec I needed to get back to the desk to check up on the girls.

Dwight kissed me softly saying " See you at lunch then." I nodded taking a deep breathe of his scent as he smiled kissing my neck doing the same then I turned heading back to the lodge. Carrie and Darla smiled as I stood behind them and we all started going through tonight's new arrivals talking about what we could do for the teenager's birthday party. I skimmed over the room assignments then  called the kitchen telling Jeb he will have thirty two adults with eight teens in this next group and all staying for two weeks this time. Darla seemed to be catching on as we talked about her college studies  getting the basics I needed to make a mental profile of her, likes, dislikes, attitude, ethics. Carrie smiled at some of my questions knowing exactly why I ask them when Darla said " Now since Mr. Garnett isn't really a guest, he doesn't fit the rules so open game. I chuckled saying " Sure help yourself there miss,  he has more power than I do as he owns this place  but I'd watch my step because I don't know much about  him." Carrie raised an eye brow to me as I shrugged then said to continue on as I had to enter numbers and check the emails.  Carrie nodded with a frown to me as I walked to the dining room,stopping in the doorway as I heard Dwight greeting the girls.

Wow Darla wasted no time as I heard her flirting with Dwight, Carrie's tone changed showing me that she knew he and I had something going, as I realized Darla seemed a bit slow or just didn't care  if a guy was involved with someone. This could become a very interesting summer with her hitting on Dwight as I'm fairly sure since he was burned by someone cheating on him he  wouldn't do it to his partner. I grabbed some ice tea and took a seat facing the doorway as I logged on the the email account, deleting the spam, forwarding the guest's request to Carrie's desk computer then seeing the management company will be sending us everything I asked for last year, new tack, things for the stables, blankets for the guys in the bunkhouse making me smile knowing Dwight had to already approve all this before they'd cut loose with any added expenses. I then  entered my figures from the past week showing a good size profit and  low expenses.

I closed the program logging off as Dwight walked in looking a bit ruffled. He grabbed a glass of tea then sitting across from me sighing as I asked" I can presume it's your doing that we now get all the things I requested for last year?" He smiled nodding as he took a drink then said " They're very good with keeping expenses down Kandi, don't fault them on that, I just had a past manager use this ranch as his own free ride, he purchased things for personal reasons so I locked down spending on all my properties." I raised an eye brow as he chuckled leaning back saying " This is the only lodge/guest ranch, but I own a few other very profitable hotels in New York, a  cattle ranch in Wyoming and  a hotel in London." I looked right at him  a bit stunned when he said " You didn't know?" I shook my head no saying " I didn't even know the name of the owner for here Dwight how could I know,  now I wonder how many women will be after you for your money, as your name has to be well known." He sighed taking my hand " Well known maybe, women after my money a definite, Kandi  I know that's not you,  and I'm really tired of the elite scene, the fake smiles, I want someone real in their heart and feelings for me, that is you."

Jeb walked out of the kitchen with a smirk nodding to Dwight when they shook hands then he turned to me asking" Okay Kandi as you feel the need to be my official taste tester, try this stew, it's what I whipped up for the new guests for dinner tonight." I smiled as he leaned toward me blowing on a spoon then I took the taste and moaned making both guys snicker." Jeb , that is awesome, how we scored you here still amazes me." He smiling thanking me then said " Well I heard your name when I was being interviewed  for a different place, so I applied here instead of taking the first offer." I tilted my head asking" Why would my name matter, I never met you before two years ago?" Jeb chuckled saying " You miss have a reputation in the business as a just and fair manager, a person who actually gives a crap about her staff that's why."

I looked at Dwight smirking then back to Jeb blushing when Dwight passed me a business magazine, opening it to a page about this lodge and as I read it I was stunned while Jeb patted my shoulder saying " You can't hide your kindness and honesty when it comes to staff,  Kandi."  Dwight laughed saying " This is last year's copy Kandi, like I said your have increased the profit and reputation, any owner out here would be glad to have you running their business." I sighed "  I have closed myself off the last two years from everything else. I  just needed the time." Darla came in saying Ms. Young umm Carrie needs your advice on a booking." I raised an eye brow since Carrie hasn't asked for help from me for quite awhile now, she knows this system as well as I do, so  I replied ' Okay, I will be right there Darla." Jeb smirked saying " I wonder who is going to get it for this from you Kandi, I know you'll fix whatever it is."then he walked back into the kitchen as Dwight and I went to the desk.

Carrie looked pissed and I tilted my head, Dwight chuckled when Carrie said " Somehow two families seem to be sharing one suite boss, Mr. Garnett is now booked in you suite and I'm so lost here, I need your touch to fix this as I see no other suites open." I went around the desk, looked at the screen she had up and sighed as I did some juggling with the bookings then looked at who assigned the suites. I patted Carrie saying " Okay grandparents moved to a large room, family in suite, Mr. Garnett back in his suite and it looks like Darla accidentally grouped them by last name as they are both Wrights, all fixed now, no sweat." Carrie nodded saying thanks as she was glaring at Darla.  I said " Try to be more careful Darla, we don't group by names, we enter each as individual families, the personal touch instead of the easy way understand now?" She shyly nodded then looked at Dwight saying  " Sorry sir I mistakenly moved you in with Ms. Young as her suite comes up staff." I chuckled looking at the screen, then changed the suite name to "Manager Only" and password protected it from being booked or moved by anyone but me now and also did it for Dwight's suite while he was here. Carrie chuckled saying " Guess that explains it  boss, now only you can move Mr. Garnett or  your suite." I chuckled with her saying " I never thought we would see this, but hey we all learned a new thing today huh?" Carrie smiled as Darla blushed and Dwight smirked then said he needed to get some work done so he would see all of us later. I told Darla the system will only allow available booking for the open rooms so now I have mine and Dwight's taken out of the inventory as available. The smaller staff rooms never are seen as available since the rooms are just a  bed and bathroom.

Alec showed up at four and Carrie was way past ready to call it a day, saying she would hang out in the kitchen with Tim and Ben. I hugged her whispering" Thank you for your patience today  my friend." She smiled hugging back whispering " I thought for a second you and him might be a good thing to bunk up." I laughed nudging her shoulder while she smirked and said bye. Darla was flirting with Alec who looked very uncomfortable, as I turned raising an eye brow to him since her back was to me mouthing  ~ good luck~ then  I said out loud "Well I'm off for a ride, and Darla you are now off shift so look around, get to know the staff who stays on property." Darla smiled nodding to me, Alec had the help me look and I chuckled saying " Alec I'll be back in an hour to help you with the new guests coming in tonight around six." 

Darla piped up way cheerfully saying " Oh Ms. Young I would be glad to help Alec if you need it." I smiled to her as Alec was shaking his head no behind her back so I replied " Hmm, I think you need to get a feel of the ranch so go wander around, thank you for the offer though, maybe the next time." Darla nodded to me turned and ran her hand down Alec's arm as I hid a laugh by coughing softly, and he being a true gentleman said bye to Darla then growled at me when she was out of hearing range. I busted out laughing as he said " Boss not nice, you and I both know I'm not interested so please don't force this upon me." I hugged him smiling and said " It was fun to watch you squirm Alec, okay not again." He took a deep breathe  nudging my arm making me stumble back a step and chuckled. I smiled then nodded as I headed out to the stables. Greg had Thunder already saddle and she was pawing the ground ready to go making me laugh watching Greg keeping her reined in. He turned as I thanked him and when he dropped her reins she walked up to me nudging me back a step. I rubbed her nose saying" Hey pretty girl you seem ready for a run." Thunder nickered to me, Greg chuckled as he tipped his hat then walked back into the stables. I mounted up as she pranced gently waiting for one word from me so she could run, I smiled seeing Dwight mounted on Asgard and he smiled at us.

Dwight leaned over brushing his lips against mine saying " Yes Asgard is my horse Kandi, that's why he's not in the stock for guests to ride and stays a bit green until I  myself or a hand  ride him." I smiled kissing his neck hearing a low growl from him as I whispered " I thought it was strange how he took to you so quickly." Thunder nickered, Asgard pawed the dirt so I chuckled nodding to Dwight, he smiled and I said ' Okay girl run your heart out." That's all it took as Thunder turned and bolted to the corral fence, jumping it, then off on a good gallop making Dwight  laugh as he kicked Asgard to catch up to us. Thunder is a proud, gentle Quarter horse and watching her run is a beautiful sight so I let her go a bit then slowed her down to a nice walk, Dwight came up beside me smiling and said " You should  have Summoner breed her, they would throw very good lineage Kandi." I  nodded answering " Yes he is a beautiful stallion Dwight, maybe if Thunder wants to, I won't force her and now that she's three it is the right time." Dwight laughed shaking his head replying " Should have figured you see it like that, you and her seem very connected, how did this all come about Kandi?"

I thought about his question then softly replied ' I think when the people at her old ranch had put her alone in a pasture, I walked up to her with a sugar cube we just kinda felt a kinship, maybe the loneliness we both carried, the emotion of sadness we projected as I had just got this job and my relationship had just ended less then a month earlier?" He sighed then gently took my hand kissing it saying "I hope to change that now, we both have a strong need to love and be loved unconditionally." I stopped Thunder, she nuzzled Asgard as I  kissed  Dwight softly saying " When I do finally give you my heart Dwight, handle it gently,as it does have deep unhealed scars that only a  true, faithful loving person can mend back together." He whispered " I can say the same to you Kandi, the faithful part would be a big one for me." I ran my  fingers through his hair as we held each others gaze and sighed " I know, Reggie told me, no one should  ever learn like that." Dwight shrugged saying " Better  that way then after the marriage ceremony since it was the night before my wedding." I pulled back making Dwight sigh and I ran my finger down his strong chin, lifted his eyes to mine as I saw the pain from his raw emotions softly saying " I haven't gotten that close but I know and see the pain Dwight so I do believe you would never do that to me as I believe, the man in my life is to fulfill all my desires even sexually never to seek out another."

Dwight  ran his thumb down my cheek saying " I need to tell you Kandi,  this next group coming in as I looked over the names, I told you no surprises so you need to know one of the family names has a woman that knows me in the biblical sense." I sat back in my saddle as Dwight continued " I hold nothing for her I swear to you, but she may still hold a flame for me."  I asked " What name and now why tell me, Dwight this group is here two weeks so she will be here also." He nodded saying"  Last name is Ellis, It will be her brother, wife and son , her name is Morgan. "  I sighed as he watched my face while I had all kinds of thoughts running through my mind saying " Guess you will learn then, I'm not a jealous type Dwight, I'd cut my losses before letting jealousy take over, nothing  good  ever comes from it." He tilted his head with a puzzled look so I continued "I won't play games here, you  I think, have some things to think over now ,as I may have feelings for you and since this is a new relationship, I will cut my losses, let her have you if you show any sign or desire back tor her ,so be warned I don't have it in me to fight over you, I feel I shouldn't have to and won't be put in that spot."

I turned Thunder back as we headed to the ranch both deep in  our own thoughts making  me wonder if he did still have any feelings for a past flame from his life. I guess this week will show  and he will  learn I can't allow my personal life to affect my job here. Greg came out taking both horses then Dwight and I walked to the lodge when I told him I needed to get ready for the new guests, he nodded saying " Kandi, you have to know I have no interest in Morgan,  I know we are still learning about each other so just keep one thing in your thoughts for me,  my heart  needs you, wants you, no other okay?" I  nodded saying " Actions speak louder than words, I  will know what is true in my heart when I see it Dwight." He brush his lips against mine saying " This, us is what I want, you are what I want and need in my life, I know it, I feel it, give us a chance please." I sighed saying I had to go making him let go of my hand  as I walked in the lodge nodding to Alec then going to change clothes. After a shower, putting on my nice business suit and pants, fixing my hair in a professional bun style and adding dress heels, I went back down to the desk smiling to Alec as he whistled making me blush.

I looked over the screen to see who would be arriving tonight and sighed making Alec asked" Okay what was that about?" I explained all Dwight had said pointing to the screen as he saw the name Ellis was one of the families coming tonight. He squeezed my hand saying " I know you will protect your heart boss, but know this is, from  another guys view, don't judge by looks as not everything is as bad as it may seem to be. " I nodded answering back " Guess time will tell my friend, let's see how this plays out huh?" He hugged me and the first guest walked through the door. Alec and I went through our greeting, explaining everything at the ranch, the rules for the teens, letting them know there was coffee, tea and some snacks in the dining room for them and then Hank took their luggage showing them to their  suite for the next two weeks.. As the night went on it seemed most of the guests were coming in tonight and around nine  the Ellis family walked through the door. 

Alec and I greeted them as the guy said " Nice place, I'm Sam and this is my wife Yvonne, my son Cleo and my sister Morgan." I smiled saying hello to each of them, went through the normal speech as Cleo asked " Ms. Young , how many others my age are here?" I smiled saying " When everyone gets here by tomorrow morning there will be  seven other teens around your age young man." He smiled nodding then Morgan said " Isn't this lodge owned by a man named Dwight Garnett?" I turned to her saying " Yes it is  miss, now there is coffee and soft drinks along with snacks in the dining room, Hank will show you to your suite when you are ready." Sam said thanks then Morgan turned to him saying " Sam you remember Dwight,  he and I  have  some common interests, I heard he may be here Ms. Young." I smiled as Alec placed his hand against me under the desk saying " Yes miss he has been here for over a week , not sure how long he intends to stay as he seems very busy." She giggled saying to her brother " Great Sam, this is the perfect setting to rekindle what he and I had  before that fake model got her claws into him, taking him from me."

Sam shook his head saying " Morgan, one this isn't the place to talk about it as Ms. Young is in his employ, two he dumped you flat and with good reasons as I heard it." She frowned saying " A slight misunderstanding brother, wait you will see." She turned to me asking" May I know what room he is in?" I shook my head no saying " Sorry,  company policy as he has a right to his privacy, should he tell you then that's his decision, I'm sorry miss." She leaned over saying " You can tell me Ms. Young, as I intend on being his wife and soon your boss." Alec pressed his leg against mine feeling me tense as I politely said " Sorry miss I can't break the rules even  for you. " Sam said " Come on Morgan lay off, Ms. Young has standards to adhere to and  I appreciate the fact she doesn't  bow even to your subtle threat."

She growled then turned telling Hank just to show her where they are staying. Hank raised an eye brow at me then smiled to Morgan leading the family to the elevator, once the doors closed Alec and I let out a deep slow breaths. Alec looked on the screen and chuckled saying " It may take her a day or two as they are on second floor so his odds got better at least until breakfast." I chuckled saying  " God Alec , I haven't dealt with high society city women in two years, I'm not sure I'm ready for the next two weeks." He laughed nudging me as I smirked  just as Hank came back sighing making us all chuckle. Hank quietly said " Oh she's a piece of work ma'am, city slickers god help us this go round." Alec chuckled then we smiled as the next group walked in to the desk. By eleven we had all the guest settled in for the night, two more families will be here in the morning so Alec and Hank said night while they helped lock everything up and I shut down the computers at the desk.

 I got off the elevator seeing Dwight leaning against his door and I smiled saying " Need something sir?" He softly growled saying " One, sir again, two I see the Ellis family is on the second floor, so opinions or thoughts Kandi?" I looked at him whispering " Well as I was so boldly informed by your future wife Morgan, she intends to rekindle the romance and become my boss sir.  It's been two years since my last dealings concerning high strung society city ladies, next two weeks will be interesting at best. Oh yes she asked for your room number, guess she will get that information from you not me, policy and all." He looked stunned at me, leaned towards me kissing my cheek saying "  Over my dead body and she better not get it at all, I do not want that drama in my lodge or around me.

 He continued saying "She's definitely has something planned now as she knows I am here, I think that's why she came with Sam and his family. Morgan despises the country, needs glamour, glitz, fine dining." I chuckled saying  " Ah now Jeb is like fine dining, how unfair Dwight, the horses have glamour in their own way, some saddles have bangles, there's the glitz." He laughed hugging me saying softly against my neck after he kissed it " Now Kandi, sir only around others we agreed, mm you feel so perfect in my arms right now. " I kissed his neck,he softly moaned then  I said " I need to get some sleep Dwight, six comes very fast and we have two more families yet tomorrow . "  He sighed tilting my lips against his letting me feel the emotions he had right now and I moaned against his lips then he stepped back whispering night to me, stepping in his suite closing the door.

The next morning I met Darla and Carrie  at the desk saying to them both " I need to stress  company policy as we are getting busy, that under no circumstances doe we give out suite numbers, room numbers of the guests, or employees ,not even where the wranglers are staying and definitely not Mr. Garnett's information.  Doing so would be breaking company policy causing me to terminate your employment with us, do I make my self clear?" ." Carrie looked at me knowing this already but I was looking at Darla as I continued  " As we get busier this summer, some guests get it in their heads that it's  an innocent request with whatever reason so I wanted to go over policy  again before it arises." Carrie nodded saying " Yes boss and thank you for the refresher course for me, I hadn't got to the privacy policies with Darla yet." I smiled to her and winked as Darla faced away from us then she turned asking" No one, no reason Ms. Young?" I shook my head no saying " No one, no reason Darla, If they ask you then send them to me and I will handle it, company policy is set for  a specific reason, I will end your employment here, I would have no other options understand?" She smiled nodding then I looked at Carrie and she nodded also so I told them two more families today then I will do the announcements on what all guests can expect for the next two weeks.

I thank the stars I did it first thing because Morgan did come to the desk just as I walked out of the dining room, she was asking Carrie for Dwight's suite number and Carrie smiled politely saying " I'm sorry ma'am I can't give that out but you could talk with my boss, Ms. Young if you feel you have good cause." I knew Carrie would use common sense, I did it for Darla and saw her face and reactions as she watched Carrie handle this guest. Morgan huffed stomping  away towards me, I smiled saying good morning heading for the desk. Carrie raised an eye brow and I nodded to her as we both smiled. Darla said " Wow, Ms. Young must be psychic or has this happened before?" Carrie chuckled saying " This happens  alot, usually its a male guest wanting Ms. Young's suite number." I hid a laugh as I walked to them and asked Carrie for the new schedule she printed this morning as I squeezed her hand a bit longer, she noticed and smirked to me nodding making me smile back. Dwight happened to walk up and Darla said " Oh Mr. Garnett, there is  a lady looking for you, she just went into the dining room." I covered my mouth hiding a chuckle, Carrie smirked at him so he said thank you looking right at me, knowing who and he would have to face her sooner or later.

 He looked hot and sexy in his dark blue western shirt, black tight jeans, boots and his hair  ruffled a bit, Dwight nodded to me asking " Ready  Ms. Young as I will follow you in." I cleared my throat, Carrie hid a chuckle, Darla smiled at Dwight as I answered " Yes sir, I'm set for the new guests and announcements thank you, please let's head in." We both smirked to each other as we walked in the dining room instantly hearing Morgan say " Well look who we have here folks, the esteemed owner of this fine establishment Dwight Garnett." I looked at her then to Dwight as he nodded saying " Nice to see you again Morgan, yes folks I am the owner of the "Crossroads Lodge and Guest Ranch" as I'm sure you all have meet my amazing Manager Ms. Young, I will turn this all over to her." I smiled saying thank you to Dwight then went on with the announcements, informing them all we do a traditional bonfire welcome dinner tonight, that we have a birthday to celebrate  this Thursday as it is Wendy's sweet sixteen ( They all whistled and clapped as she blushed) then all the activities we offer so please to check on the laptops in their rooms and choose what they would like to do, I also stated any special diet needs or requests please stop by the desk and let us know. Thanking them all for coming and hoping they have a memory filled two weeks. They all whistled and clapped as I smiled noticing Morgan walking up toward Dwight as he was talking to the grand parents of Wendy.

Dwight is very people oriented, polite ,thoughtful and  truly does care about his guests,  also has style and elegance in his presentation of his stature and being. Morgan smiled to him then interrupted the conversation as I turned and talked with the teenagers asking what they may want to do this week.  We had an equal number again of boys to girls making some things easier for Alec and the guys with swimming and games. Alec walked in shaking Dwight's hand saying morning then came to me raising an eye brow as I nodded yes so he figured Morgan was the one I told him about. Alec said hi to the kids and then said " Excuse me young men and ladies, I need to borrow the boss here." They all smiled then went out the door to the lobby as Alec and I leaned against a wall watching Morgan blatantly man handling Dwight, running her hand up his arm as he would step back and remove it from his arm.

Alec leaned in whispering" Hmm she's bold and upfront isn't she." I chuckled softly saying " Oh wait till you get to be around her, she's a piece of work, thank god Carrie has common sense or  he'd be in deep now." Alec and I  laughed causing Dwight and Morgan both to turn our way as there was only a few left in the dining room. I smiled nodding to Dwight then Alec said softly " Time to see if he can escape her gracefully." I raised an eye brow as he said for all to hear " Ma'am  we need your opinion on which horses to set loose this time around." I smiled saying " Lead on  cowboy, I'll meet you all outside after I change." He smiled saying " Yes ma'am. " tipping his hat I said thanks , Alec smirked at Dwight as I chuckled following Alec out when I heard " Excuse me Morgan, Ms. Young could I have a second of your time before you get busy today?" I removed my smirk turning and said " Yes sir,  ma'am excuse us please, I'm sure you understand, I'm sure Mr. Garnett would like to continue this reunion another time." 

Dwight led me into a old office I never use since it feels so cold and no personality, when he closed the door and I chuckled as he growled. He looked around then said" Hmm I thought you'd use the office, guess not ." I softly said "Nice spot but has no warmth in here to stuffy." Dwight turned to me pulling me against him sighing " Kandi, please don't egg Morgan on like you just did, This will be difficult enough as she  never has liked the word no. " I ran my hands up his chest, feeling his breathing start to quicken then looked into his eyes saying " She does like to touch you like a possession I noticed." He took command of my lips, I softly whimpered as he deepen our kiss slowly running his tongue along my lips, letting him take full control when our tongues touched  we both moaned. Our breathing getting quicker,  desire getting more intense as he molded his body against me and feeling each other's heat. I stepped back running my fingers over well kissed swollen lips whispering " Wow,,umm I think we need to slow this down Dwight as  I don't.."

He pulled me against him covering my mouth stopping my words, now clouding my thoughts so I wrapped my fingers in his hair making him growl deep and low. I could feel his desire and excitement against my thighs as he placed a hand gently on my ass removing any space between us when he removed his lips huskily whispering against  my collarbone "  I so want to fulfill your desires Kandi, being a gentleman,  I  expect you to tell me when that time is, as for now,  I need to stop before I can't think and do things to you I have so dreamed of, your taste       (  as he kissed my neck) I moaned, your soft skin and all the pleasure  I will give and get from  this sexy body of yours. " I kissed him passionately running my hand across his now tight jeans making him growl low then moved it around to his nice ass gently feeling him tighten up for me  as I pulled away saying " You have now idea  Dwight how much I need all of you, I desire to have you touch all of me, before that can happen, I so have to stop my psychical desires for what I need emotionally first from you" He leaned his forehead against mine pecking my lips  " I know Kandi and do understand why, as it will  only intensify our love making when we do fulfill each  sensual needs." Dwight stepped away looking at me head to toe and smiled" I'll see you later Ms. Young." I smiled saying "Yes sir , I'll be around." He smiled, opened the door and closed it behind him, as I took a few deep breathes then walked out, nodded to Carrie seeing her chuckle and nodded back.

I went up to my suite changing into a western shirt, my jeans, boots, grabbing my duster and black Stetson.  After walking to the stables I met up with Alec and he chuckled looking at me saying " Well he escaped gracefully and by the looks of you, he made sure you knew who he wanted to be with ma'am." I blushed making Alec laugh more as I slapped his arm and sat on a hay bale " Seriously Alec, as my friend, what am I going to do, he has me wound so tight,  my head and heart constantly at war here." Alec sat by me lifting my head as he said " Kandi, I can't answer that for you, I won't even toss you a bone because if this all  goes south then you would hate me and I will not put anything between our friendship."  I sighed laying my head on my arms I had crossed whispering " If this goes south so do I, I wouldn't be able to stay here Alec and I know just this minute that if he and I don't work, then I'm very sure I won't try to love again." Alec sighed saying " I figured as much, I see a new spark in your eyes when you look at him, also knew you have fallen for him even if you now finally admit it." I turned looking at him as he  smiled saying " You remember I have your back as a true friend okay, you are one of the finest, kindest, loving women I have ever met Kandi, I do hope this all works for you, you're needed and wanted here. We all respect you and have learned to care about you not just as a boss but a friend." I smiled nodding then got up to go get Thunder.

Hank had her saddled smiling saying " I agree with Alec ma'am, whatever happens, just think it all out because I would miss you as a friend and you're a fine boss." I thanked him, mounted Thunder as he held her reins then I walked her out of the stables.   Walking her over to the lodge I dismounted dropping her reins saying " Be right back girl." rubbing her nose as she raised and lowered her head. I walked in the lodge and up to the desk asking Carrie if there was anything I needed to take care of. She smiled saying no, I have a clear schedule until after lunch so I thanked her as she chuckled saying " You and Thunder are  amazing together boss, go enjoy her, Ill be here watching your back." I nodded to her then turned walking out the door. Sam was standing by Thunder patting her neck when he turned to me saying " Fine mare Ms. Young, she your's?" I smiled answering " Yes sir she is, Thunder meet Sam Ellis." Thunder nickered pawing the dirt as we chuckled and I mounted up. He smiled softly saying " I know that we just met Ms. Young so you don't need to answer this, I just want you to know if anything my sister does upsets the harmony here I'd feel bad, so I ask you to let me know if I can help?" I tilted my head when he walked up resting his hand on Thunder's neck saying" I saw the way Dwight looks at you, searched you out this morning, yea Morgan and him have a past but it should stay there, I see how everyone here respects you and that's only in a twelve hour span ma'am."

I blushed saying " Thank you sir, I think so far we all are good, I appreciate your offer of help so if I feel it's warranted I might take you up on it sir." Sam smiled nodding to me as I turned Thunder noticing we had drawn a crowd so I tapped the brim of my hat to them and Thunder had to show off of course as I chuckled to her.  Thunder whinnied, prancing then she reared up and we took off like a shot as she cleared the three railing fence and I laughed hearing the teens whistle and clapped. I let her burn off some energy then stopped by a tree as I dismounted and lean against it feeling the warm sun, enjoying only the sounds of the birds, squirrels and her sniffing looking for the good grass. Closing my eyes thinking, making  what if scenarios in my mind like plans for each way things could go.  Thunder nudged me so I whispered " What do you think girl, think we can trust him or will he hurt my heart?" She rubbed her nose to my hand as I smiled saying " I do wish you could talk some days, a close female who knows me like you do to tell me what to do, what to think, when to  take that chance and let it fall where destiny has planned." I laid my head against her nose as she stood still letting me feel her calm.

I stood up after a hour, stretching then lowered my aviators to see a rider heading my way and not in very good control of the horse I jumped on Thunder saying. " Okay girl, time to round up that loose horse and rider." She nickered as we turned running towards the run away horse and rider, as we got closer I noticed it was Morgan when I leaned over holding my saddle horn as Thunder paced the the gelding grabbing the reins from the ground slowing him down. Morgan did look a bit scared as I climbed down saying " Ssssh Shiloh,,, easy boy." Dwight and Alec came riding up stunned to see me standing in front of Shiloh, let alone be out here as I nodded to them. I handed the reins back to Morgan saying " Miss,  Shiloh here is very young but  a good gelding, whatever spooked him, you can't hold against him as he's still learning the ropes pardon the pun." I tapped the brim of my hat ,  I swung back up then said the Dwight and Alec " Sir she seems shaken, I suggest  someone ride  next to Shiloh as he is confused and heated up, and you cowboy better talk with whomever put a new rider on a two year old . " Alec looked down guilty as I raised an eye brow then  firmly stated " Alec see me when you get back to the lodge." He sighed " Yes  boss." I turned nodding to Morgan and started to ride away as Thunder reared up whinnied and galloped off.

I heard Dwight say " Sorry Alec to get you on her bad side I will go with you to talk to Ms. Young, Morgan you said you knew how to ride," She shakily said " Umm yes well not a lie, but no baby I haven't been on a horse since I was four." Thunder was almost out of hearing range when I heard Dwight growl " You lied to me, again, as I should have figured and don't ever talk to me like that in front of my employees,  we are not together,  I am not now with you, I thought friends, you know how I feel about lying Morgan, damn it woman now I have to smooth things over for Alec here." Morgan must have recouped because I heard "  Who does she think she is, Dwight you pay these people, she works for you, just set her straight, tell her  exactly how things are here if she doesn't listen just fire her."   I smirked, not waiting to hear his response, then kicked Thunder's flanks and we galloped to the corrals as I unsaddle her and  taking her to the stall brushing her down when the three rode back in. I tossed the brush in a bucket, gave Thunder fresh grain then walked out seeing Alec hang his head when he saw me looking at him. I put my avaitors back on, tapped my hat smiling to Morgan saying " Miss" then " Sir" to Dwight as I walked past him and Alec. Morgan huffed saying " You own her Dwight just tell her how things are." Morgan's back was to me  when I turned around facing Alec and Dwight I stopped, took off my hat wiping the dust and sweat off with my arm, took off my avaitors, shaking out my hair then raised an eye brow as they both looked me in the eyes.

 Alec shook his head sighing" Sir I'll take care of the horses and talk with the boss alone, it was my  mistake but thank you for the offer." Dwight sighed as I was now getting pissed since he hasn't said anything to her, I glared at him, put my Stetson back on turned and walked into the lodge kicking the door open hard. After being around me for over two years Carrie noticed my tall stance, shoulders back and knew I was pissed at something. Darla smiled saying " How was your ride Ms. Young?" I growled " Fine thank you Darla, Carrie, Alec should be here shortly, have him wait for me in the dining room, I need a shower." Carrie nodded saying " Yes ma'am." I  smacked the elevator button with anger then kicked the door as it closed hearing Darla ask" She seems mad to me, is she Carrie?" Carrie sighed saying " I think very pissed Darla."

 I showered then brushed my hair, changed into a clean western shirt and my tight black jeans, wiped the dust off my boots the put on my white Stetson going back down stairs, putting my duster on the hook behind the desk. Carrie and Darla nodded then Carrie softly said " He's waiting boss." I nodded then turned walking in the dining room as Alec stood up looked at me, took off his hat and lowered his head keeping holding his hat in front of him. I took my Stetson off slapping it against my leg very pissed  loudly and firmly asking " What in god's name was she doing on Shiloh Alec, what possessed you to endanger her and that horse?" Before he could look up to answer me I heard a throat being cleared, turning to see Dwight look at me as Morgan stood by the desk listening. I raised an eye brow asking Dwight " Sir are you now getting involved or questioning my management abilities in how I deal with my wranglers after two years of  dedicated service to this ranch or is there another reason you are standing here.?" Oh Alec knew by my tone and posture I was way beyond pissed, so he calmly said " Boss I can tell you are very pissed right now."  I spun quickly making him gulp  saying " You cowboy had better plant it right now." Alec nodded replying ' Yes ma'am" then sat down shaking his head no to Dwight while I turned back to him saying " Well sir?"

 Next I knew Carrie was standing in front of Morgan who was walking towards us saying "Miss this is ranch business, please since you are a guest just go, I dunno crochet or something." Dwight's back was to the toward and I saw him smirk , my expression didn't change I was that mad when Dwight sighed  taking his Stetson off running his arm across his forehead wiping the sweat off.  Morgan stopped by him, placed her hands on his arm as he tensed and said directly to me" Dwight here owns you and this place Ms. Young, so  show the respect he deserves. " I heard Carrie take a quick breathe, looked at me then  Dwight and swallowed hard,  Alec just sighed as I hear his head hit the table. I raised an eye brow, walking towards Morgan saying " Yes Mr. Garnett owns this ranch, lodge, cattle, horses except mine of course and I agree he deserves respect." as I removed her hands from his arms I continued walking forcing her out of the room saying" Now Carrie is correct, you are a guest, this matter concerns the owner, manager and wrangler, please excuse us." I closed the dining room doors locking them hearing her stomp away. I noticed Jeb look through the kitchen glass window when caught each others sight then he shook his head turning back into the kitchen.

I glared at Dwight saying " You sir need to muzzled your pets."  Alec smirked then I  continued " Let me start with you Alec answer my question." Alec looked up to me, then to Dwight back to me sighing " I take the blame boss, she said she could ride, I know okay, you always tell us to test their skill before leaving the corrals, I didn't, my mistake to believe her." I sighed " Alec, Shiloh why, he is so young, still shaky, you realize not only did you endanger a guest, he could have came up lame or worse, what spooked him to bolt,  making me have to round up a frantic rider and horse?" Alec looked at Dwight so I turned raising an eye brow making him clear his throat saying " That would have to be my fault." I looked right into his eyes as he had some guilt in this saying " Damn Kandi, she lie to us,  I didn't even think twice after she was saddled so I slapped Shiloh on the rump to get him to leave the corrals as he seemed to be hesitating."

I growled at Dwight saying "He seemed to be hesitating, not to question your horse knowledge here sir, did you stop to think maybe, just maybe he had oh a reason, like he sensed her nervousness?" Dwight looked down saying " No  I didn't think to take into account what the horse sensed."   I stated " Why not sir, you see how they have brains right, can actually think, oh please don't tell me you are the kind who think all they are is dumb livestock only for your use and pleasure?" Now Dwight was getting angry saying " No Kandi I'm not that kind of man, I know these horses have thoughts, horse sense, pardon the pun, I have seen how you and Thunder have a bond so tight you both know, feel sense each other, Your accusation was uncalled for and that's enough Ms. Young"  Alec stood up getting in between us saying " Ok you two stop before someone says something they may regret here."

I took a step back turning away from them both sighing " I think that has already happened Alec."  I turned back around looking at Alec saying " I can't fault or blame you Alec for believing when a guest tells you they can ride, not taking the precautions is a judgement call not set in stone." He nodded to me then I looked right at Dwight saying " You right sir that was unfair of me to accuse you of." I took a very deep breathe, Alec and Dwight both raised an eyebrow when I continued " I had mention to you sir actions speak louder than words, ( Dwight nodded) well so does lack of action, Consider this my two week resignation sir as I will be leaving when this set of guests do, unless you wish for me to leave now then I will, I can not work for anyone who allows a person to degrade another, calling them property and  to stand there not correcting the their words. . On a personal note, Thank you Dwight for the last two years here, I have made some friends,  had healed a bit but now  even that has been undone by you allowing her to touch you, treat me like dirt,  and act like I was just in the way for her as you did not even attempt to do or say the right thing ." I unlocked the doors saying " Let me know if you want me to stay the two weeks or leave tomorrow, because I can have my horse and belongings pack within the hour sir. Alec please tonight, I'm so sorry to do this but please take my place, give my excuses as I won't be at the welcome dinner" I closed the doors behind me as  Carrie really looked at me sighing , tossed a radio as I sighed nodding grabbing my duster, saddle bags heading right out the front doors when the guys opened the dining room doors.

Dwight turned to Alec asking " Will she head to the line shack?" Alec shook his head  no and Carrie said " No sir, in the two years when she is this upset or pissed she has found somewhere to hole up and we have yet to find her, she does have a radio in case though." Dwight grabbed Alec's collar demanding " Come on cowboy think, you know this ranch, where can she go, away from the places most would search." Alec sighed ' I can't think Dwight, I'm sorry, Kandi  just quit and I'm still in shock here." Dwight sighed " Not if I can help it Alec she's just very pissed at me right now." Carrie chuckled when they both turned to her and she said " Hmm, well  wonder why sir, you didn't stand up for her as a person or as our Manager, even allowed a guest to degrade her as a human,  you acting like  she's one of these horses being told she's owned by you."   Carrie continued saying " You won't catch up to her, she keeps a saddle bag, bedroll always ready and Thunder will bolt out of here like a bullet feeling Kandi's stress, pain and confusion."

I did have everything ready, saddled Thunder as she pawed the ground, placing the saddlebags, tied the bedroll, put my rifle in the scabbard then as soon as she knew I was mounted , Thunder galloped out and went into a dead run. She knew where to go so I allowed her free rein and as we got to the property line she turned north east heading for an old forest service cabin I found wandering around my first year here. It's on national forest land so not to many remember it being here as the trees and overgrowth hide it from view. What's done is done, I resigned my position, I  can't be around Dwight feeling like I do, knowing he didn't back me up or stand up for me in any way. I laid my head on Thunder's neck just sighing as she carefully stepped through the thicket of brush stopping in front of the cabin. After pushing the door open,  and getting a fire started as I had this place well stocked from coming by so often, adding wood or canned foods and a bag of grain for Thunder, I unsaddled her, then led her to the make shift corral, put some grain in the old bucket, added water to the trough that was still standing. She nuzzled my arm as I said " Hey you, we will be okay, it's you and me girl for now." I patted her nose giving her a sugar cube then closed the gate.

I fixed some corned beef hash in the old pot over the fire, heated up some coffee then sat down on the couch grabbing the blanket and started reading my book. After the coffee and hash was done, I ate , checked on Thunder giving her an apple then went back inside feeling drained and tired. I sat  down thinking I 'd read until I could fall asleep so I unrolled the bedroll and wrapped up in it on the couch. I heard thunder rolling in then saw flashes of lighting and sighed thinking about the guests, Alec, who was shocked I'm sure that I just resigned that way and the bonfire dinner. Next thing I heard  since I must have dozed off, was pounding on the cabin door waking me up from a restless sleep  so I got up stoked the fire and opened the door to see Dwight standing there rain pouring down, dripping off the brim of his hat. I turned my back on him walking back to the couch saying" Don't stand there like a fool, shake off the water and close the door sir." I heard him shake his duster then the cabin door close continuing " How did you find me here but most of all why are you here,  I figured you'd stay and look after your ranch and guests sir." Dwight sighed, hanging up his duster and Stetson saying " Alec took care of them like you asked him to Kandi, it's midnight now." I nodded then took a sip of the coffee saying " Well there's coffee here so warm up a bit before you head back to the ranch."

Dwight came around the couch into my view, his features shadowed by the fire, handsome, sexy,  making me look down since I couldn't bear to think what I now have lost. Dwight poured a mug then sat on the edge of the couch staring into the fire saying " I've been searching for hours, ever since you walked out of  the lodge, I saw the smoke from the chimney, then remembered there was an old cabin back here from when I lived on the ranch a long time ago. " He turned facing me lifting my chin to look him in the eyes then  sighed as he moved his hand away saying " As to why I'm here Kandi is to say, I'm an ass and apologize for  not correcting the wrongs put upon you by Morgan." I shook my head when he continued " You have my head and heart wound so tight , I just wasn't thinking at that moment and she had me frustrated, angry with her lying to Alec and myself I felt backed into a corner." Dwight reached up moving a piece of my hair behind my ear saying " Kandi you are such a strong, mule headed , stubborn lovely woman the I love and those are a few of your qualities that made me fall in love with you, but damn sometimes when I'm wound this tight.." I cut him off asking " What did you just say?"

He tilted his head thinking then ran his thumb over my lips softly saying " I love you Kandi, I have fallen deeply in love with you." he brushed his finger down my cheek asking ' Or  was it the mule headed, stubborn part?" I smiled leaning to him as he captured my lips and I climbed in his lap deepening the kiss then whispering ' No it was hearing you say you fell in love with me Dwight, you are not forgiven though." Dwight smiled kissing my neck, nipped my earlobe as I softly moaned when he said "Don't leave me or the ranch, we both need you, you knocked the breath out of me when you resigned making  my whole world stop Kandi, I swear I have fallen hard and fast in love with you, give this idiot another chance, I know I have alot to prove to you, allow me the chance to do that." He looked into my eyes waiting, running his hand up and down my back pulling me closer into him making our bodies touch every place possible. I searched his eyes for emotions, felt his erratic heart beat and his hands were sweating from nerves I think.

I softly asked " How in one week did you fall in love Dwight, I know we barely know each other." He smiled saying " Can't explain it, you were the only thing I could think of all week, my heart warmed up every time you came close, I feel lost when you aren't near me Kandi." I laid my head against his chest taking a deep breathe whispering " If I allow myself to open to you, you have to promise me, equal in every decision concerning us, the open wounds will take time to heal so you need to know this upfront." Dwight tighten his arms around me replying " I never make a promise I can't keep, so I will promise to always love only you, care for you, listen, take care of all your needs, Kandi time with you is all I want and need, I can't love anyone more than I do you." I smiled brushing my lips against his neck whispering " Then you have that chance you asked for Dwight, remember your actions speak more than words, as words can get twisted, or come out wrong." He sighed as I looked up and said" Your male, I understand some things will be difficult for you, at least make a positive attempt" He chuckled nodding yes then said he needed to get some sleep as it was now three and we had to be at the ranch before seven because Carrie was ready to string him up before he came looking for me.

Dwight laid down on his side and pulled me against him then I covered us with the bedroll and blanket feeling him wrap his arms around me kissing my head saying" Night Kandi, love you with my whole heart , this I promise here and now to you." I smiled kissing his arm answering back " I accept it as the truth Dwight, I fell for you too this last week, just didn't want to show it, couldn't put myself out there just to get crushed again." He gently touched my cheek brushing his lips against my forehead smiling then we both closed our eyes, going to sleep warm and content. When I woke up Dwight already had coffee made, eggs and sausage mixed together for breakfast and when he noticed my eyes open he came to me brushing his lips against mine whispering " Morning beautiful." I smiled running my fingers down the side of his face as he leaned into my hand I shyly said " Morning handsome, you have everything ready, how long have you been up?" He smirked saying "Since five and I think a nap later will be a must, I also have both horses saddled  so when you're ready to go we are set." I smirked then sat up as he handed me a mug of coffee with just the right amount of powdered creamer and sugar raising and eye brow as he chuckled. " Yes I paid attention to all your likes and dislikes the past week Kandi."

We ate, then cleaned everything up when I said " I ask no one else knows about this place Dwight please?" He turned smiling and nodded saying " Everyone needs a place to hide from the world, this is a good spot and as I was told in two years they still don't know." I chuckled helping dry the plates then he made sure the fire was out, shut the door tight as I smiled when Thunder walked to me nuzzling my arm. " Morning to you to girl, hope you kept Asgard company last night?" I handed her a sugar cube then one to Asgard, Dwight chuckled saying " It's no wonder the horses love you, you spoil them." I smiled bumping his arm, he turned me into him kissing my lips softly and I felt passion and love like never before from him. He stepped back saying " We really need to go Kandi, the guests all asked about where you were last night, Alec hasn't unloaded his rifle yet and I'm quite sure Carrie is reading about hangmen knots as we speak." I laughed nodding then we both mounted up heading back to the ranch at a good pace. When we rode into the gates of the ranch and then the stables Hank grinned saying " About time boss, Alec and Carrie are fit to be tied and I will not deal with their sulking any longer." Dwight chuckled, Hank took both horses to unsaddle as Dwight gently took my hand  kissing it then smiled as we tuned walking in the doors of the lodge.

 Morgan was at the desk with her back to us, Carrie smirked seeing us as Morgan said " You have no right not telling me where Dwight is Carrie,  I will have your job if you don't tell me now." I raised an eye brow, Dwight cleared his throat and pulled my back against his chest  saying to Morgan as she turned looking surprised " That I would like to see you try Morgan, as I own this ranch, Carrie is a vey loyal and talented  young lady and an asset here." She blushed saying " Baby just looking out for your best interests and mine. " He growled saying firmly " Let me clear the air here and now Morgan, never call me baby ever again, my best interests , yes well you have no say in anything concerning my ranch, and I have to be blunt here, or  my money." A crowd of guests and employees started gathering as he continued " I am willing to refund all your expenses now, as you will be leaving this morning, no argument's from you. I ask you to please leave my property, and realize this lady in my arms is not only my Manager here, Kandi is the lady I love, she owns my heart I don't own her."

Alec walked up standing behind Morgan and smirked as Morgan huffed moving toward us then had the gall to touch his arm, Dwight raised an eye brow as I chuckled, he kissed my neck then looked back up saying " Please remove your hand Morgan, we may remain friends, but nothing more, never  think otherwise, Kandi is the only woman holding my heart, equal  control over my properties and  she has full access to any of my other assets or money if  she desires, as I trust her fully with my heart and life."  Morgan  sneered at me making Dwight nod to Alec saying " Alec, please escort Morgan to her room, help her pack if needed and see she is removed from this ranch now." Alec looked at me as I nodded yes making Dwight chuckle then he walked up to Morgan saying " Ma'am if you will, the bosses have spoken, now you can remain a lady and do this the right way, or give me no other options if you refuse, your choice."

Sam smiled stepping up saying " I told you the past should stay there sis, time for you to go already I see." She looked stunned then turned to Dwight as he tighten his arms around me and she hissed " You choose  her over me, again like last time you will regret it Dwight. " He placed his chin on my head saying " I only regret ever giving you a chance Morgan, you are a greedy woman, out for my money only, as a way to climb that social ladder you hold on to so tight, good luck in life." Morgan moved her hand to slap him when I grabbed her wrist politely saying " Not a smart move miss,  if you don't like facing the truth, go back to New York and live in the fantasy world, never touch him again, as I can press charges right now, jail and you would not mix well." Morgan turned as Alec nodded to me then tipped his hat to Dwight following her and Sam said " I will make sure she leaves Ms. Young, Dwight it's about time you fall for a woman who can hold her own with you, I'm happy for you both, be right back to celebrate this occasion." Everyone chuckled around us, Dwight turned me to face him whispering " Amaze me daily beautiful, this I can get use to." He kissed me soundly as the guys chuckled and the woman all went aaahh. I smiled against his lips whispering " Love me as I do you and life will be amazing ever day handsome."

Jeb walked up as everyone congratulated us and smiled saying loudly " Okay folks, it may be morning but this calls for breaking in the the owner's private stock of fine wine." I raised an eye brow, Dwight laughed  at Jeb smiling as he said " If the boss agrees that is." I chuckled nodding yes and everyone cheered. Yvonne, Sam's wife nudged me making Dwight smile and she said " He needs a woman like you and I am happy he finally found someone  who can rein him in ." I laughed while Dwight blushed saying " Hey now , I wasn't that bad for more than a year maybe?" I squeezed his hand as his tighten his arms chuckling then he said " Yea Yvonne, Kandi captured and tamed this stallion now, thank you for all the help in the past." She kissed his cheek saying " Couldn't rightly  leave you heartbroken and destructive now could we?" I looked up into his eyes as he winked saying " I finally found what I was searching for right here under my roof the last place I looked ."

Dwight kissed my nose as I blushed, Yvonne giggled then we escorted all the guests into the dining room as Jeb was setting out glasses and  sparkling non alcoholic cider for the kids. I laughed seeing the teens all  begging their parents for some wine. Dwight said " I didn't know I had all this wine here Kandi." I rubbed my hands up his chest smiling as he shivered saying " You haven't been in the basement for awhile I think handsome, but there is some nice wine racks, expensive wine and other things down there." Jeb tossed me the basement door key that I put in my pocket as Dwight smiled against my neck softly kissing my collarbone. I whispered" You best stop that, we don't need the guests getting more than they bargained for as my desires for you is off the wall right now Dwight." he softly sighed running his tongue slowly up my neck and whispered in my ear " Let me know when you want me to fix that problem love, say the word." I softly moaned as he kissed my earlobe  blowing a sweet gentle breathe against my neck and he chuckled, I slapped his arm squirming against him.

 Alec  came in with Sam nodding to us and said " Ms. Ellis is a cab heading for the airport now ma'am, sir." I smiled saying " Thank you Alec and now as you can see, Jeb is finally getting his wish with Dwight's fine wine he's begged to drink for two years now." Alec laughed patting Dwight's back saying " Be glad to know the boss here has the only key to the basement and wine cellar sir."Dwight chuckled and said " Go let the others that are here know to come on in  and help drink this stuff, I didn't remember it even being here Alec." He laughed more and tipped his hat to us then left for the stables and bunk house. Carrie, Darla, Hank and all of my employees filed in the dining room as Dwight held my hand going towards  the front of the room.  The guests all smiled and I stopped to chat with a few when  Dwight whispered " I'll be right back Kandi." I smiled to him and said " Better hurry as these folks want to party it seems." He chuckled kissing my forehead the clapped Alec on the shoulder saying " Come on cowboy , I need to borrow you for a second."

Alec smirked then followed Dwight out of the dining room as Carrie and  Darla came over to me chuckling and I smiled.  Carrie hugged me saying " About dang time boss, I figured he was to stubborn to admit the truth. " I laughed with the guests around us saying " Well he wasn't the only one being stubborn Carrie, I bolted twice now from him."  She nodded laughing and Darla  smiled saying "  One hell of a way to start the morning here Ms. Young, I see this summer will be full of surprises." I chuckled and Dwight walked up saying " I think you may be right there Darla, I know this will be a great summer for all of us." I smiled as he opened his arms for me, I chuckled walking into a nice loving hug then he turned clearing his throat making everyone quiet down. Dwight nodded to everyone saying " Morning, now we usually don't offer wine for breakfast do we Jeb?"  Jeb blushed and everyone laughed then Dwight  said " This is a very special day for me and  I am very happy to have all of you here to witness and  celebrate this day with us." Cheers and laughs from all around the room, he turned to me continuing " I finally after searching I thought everywhere, have found a lady I want to spend the rest of my life with if she will have this foolish  stubborn man . "

I blushed nodding yes as he chuckled kissing my hand  saying " Kandi, I know  this is all so fast for both of us, it feels right,  my heart and head finally agree that you are the only, lovely beautiful woman for me." I smiled then he went to one knee and the girls all gasped along with me when he looked right into my eyes softly saying " I have kept this in the safe here, never have I given it to anyone else, ( he pulled out a ring box from his shirt pocket as I smiled and a tear started to fall) I am asking and if need be begging you Kandi to one day, when you feel its right become my wife,  I promise I will always love, honor and cherish you with my heart and soul for the rest of our lives." Dwight reached up smiling wiping the tears now falling then opened the ring box for me to see a gorgeous gold ring with the ranch's brand and two horse heads forming a heart in the center, A blue Sapphire above each head with two diamonds on the sides. He waited for a response when I gently touch his face with my hand saying " Yes  Dwight I would be honored to marry you." Dwight stood back up placing the ring on my left ring finger then kissed it and I kissed his lips with so much love passion and hunger he growled deep making everyone clap, chuckle and cheer. I blushed as he smiled saying against  my lips " I love you Kandi and you have tamed my heart, captured my mind ,body heart  and soul, always yours." I gently ran my hands up his chest then around his neck saying " Love you also Dwight, heart, mind ,body and soul for as long as you will have me." He smiled whispering " Forever it is then love,  forever."

Jeb said " Okay let's get this celebration engagement party started,  drinks are on the newly engaged owners and bosses." I laughed leaning my head against Dwight as he chuckled  wrapping his arms around me pulling me back against him saying "Hey  now Jeb, you still have to cook and don't add any of this to the food today." Everyone including me laughed then I asked " What did you need Alec for?" Dwight smiled saying against my head " I forgot the combination to the safe in that stuffy no personality office of yours, so he helped me break into it." Alec walked over chuckling " Yes boss, tough little thing but two crowbars and a hammer fixed it." I laughed as Alec nodded then I smiled hugging him as he said" I'm happy for you Kandi, both of you. Just learn to talk things out okay, no more bolting from him and Dwight treat this lady  like she  deserves, actions more than words." we all chuckled and he nodded to Alec. After everyone including the teenagers had a glass in hand the whole room said to Dwight and I " To the happy couple with many happy years to come." I smiled to Dwight as he looked winking to me and we both said thank you together to all of them.

As the party winded down Dwight started yawning and I chuckled nudging him saying " Go get that nap handsome, I'll finish up here cleaning with Jeb and get this place back to normal. " He shook his head no saying " I was hoping you'd join me beautiful, I liked feeling you next to me and you're so sexy when you sleep." I blush  and he smiled kissing my forehead then we both finished with the glasses and dishes, telling Jeb to call Dwight's room right before lunch. He smiled saying he would then Dwight took my hand as we walked to the desk Carrie, smiled saying" You both look beat, go, begone you two, the guests are all ready with the hands, some at the lake and Alec  took four of the teens riding, scoot now,." Dwight raised an eye brow as I hid a chuckle and Carrie sighed ' Please sir,  the boss needs to relax some today, could you help me with that?" I busted out laughing, Dwight chuckled and Darla giggled then he said " Okay Carrie, if you put it to me like that how can I refuse helping you both out here."

I smiled telling them both to call me if anything comes up , Carrie smiled nodding to me and then Dwight placed his palm on my lower back as we headed to the elevator. After getting off on our floor I looked at him saying " Maybe sometime this week  we should stay in the same suite?" He smiled pressing me against the hallway wall and I felt his excitement making my body heat up, growling as he kissed me running his tongue along my bottom lipas we explored each other.  I felt him press against me more, I moaned running my hands down to his waist band of his jeans gently running a finger between his jeans and soft skin on his hips. Dwight moaned deeply with an animalistic sound as I whimpered when he ran a finger softly across the front of  my shirt  and chest then down to my stomach gently squeezing my hips. 

He took my hand and guided it across his now very tight jeans pulling away huskily saying " You are so hot, loving and very passionate Kandi, unless you want me to completely taste all of you right now here in the hall, I think we should pick a suite and take this inside. " I smiled placing my hands on his nice ass gently rubbing saying " You choose handsome, take full control, I'm so ready for your show of  actions not words." He moaned at me taking my hand and unlocked his suite door since we stood across from it walking me in, kicking the door shut and laid me down on the couch saying " I need to know you are sure Kandi, once I start tasting you I will want to only stop after we make love with each other." I brushed his hair out of his eyes nodding and whispered " Yes, you said make love with each other  and that is what I so much desire and need, your love Dwight, all of it." He looked into my eyes leaning down saying against my lips " Your love,  desires and pleasure, your taste is what I need and have to have Kandi, you offer yourself freely all of you, it's my honor to fulfill them for you, for us."

After  hours of exploring each others bodies, fulfilling each one's sexual needs, fantasies and making love four times we had worn each other out, falling asleep content feeling the love between us as Dwight held me close and I laid my cheek against his nice warm chest.  His suite phone rang and he answered saying " Dwight Garnett" I smiled kissing his chest nodding to the bathroom as he smiled and I took the sheet with me when he chuckled then went back to the phone call. I  had the shower on nice and hot , relaxing more with the heat as I felt him step in kissing my shoulders, back of my neck and down my back. We made love in the shower twice before we both got out dried off and dressed. Dwight smiled saying " You are so sensual Kandi, I will never get enough of you, so attentive of what I like and desire." I blushed as he kissed me deeply and I said " As are you Dwight, you have my mind and heart wanting your touch even now but we have things to do right." He chuckled nodding against my neck saying " If staying in making love with you every hour of the day was possible , that is what I'd do."

I smiled kissing his cheek then we both walked out as he locked the door. Dwight took my hand, we both smiled then went to the lobby saying hi to Carrie and Darla while Carrie nodded saying to Dwight " Good job sir, the boss looks relaxed, less tension of any kind,,umm and less stress."  I blushed while they chuckled and she handed me messages, then my laptop, she knows me well.  I smiled, Dwight smirked saying " You two have been together for awhile if you know what Kandi wants Carrie." She smiled saying " Yes sir, about this time everyday, the boss likes to keep a schedule, only varies when a new issue arises." He nodded and smiled then kissed my hand saying " I have some work also beautiful, see you at lunch." I nodded then he brushed his lips over mine saying " Love you more each passing second Kandi." I smiled replying " More each heart beat Dwight." he grinned then said bye to Darla and Carrie turning walking out the doors.  Darla sighed saying " He's such a romantic Ms. Young, and you two just click so well together." I smiled to her as Carrie smirked saying " About damn time too boss." I chuckled slapping her arm as she laughed and I went to the dining room to do my daily entries, emails and banking stuff.

I logged on then went to my bank account making sure the bills at my house in Idaho got paid, then opened the accounting software, entered my daily numbers after done with that task, I closed it taking a deep breathe . Logged into the ranch email, deleting spam, sent guest bookings to Carrie's desk computer and started reading mail from the management company. No new issues or things to have to deal with, same general form letter from them so I deleted the letter and logged off the email. Closing down my laptop I figured I could see what Jeb was fixing for lunch, so I walked through  the doors, smiling to Tim and Ben as they nodded smiling to me. Jeb was happy, whistling , cutting  up a roast beef  in slices for sandwiches and I reached around him taking a small piece making him laugh and slap my hand with the back of the knife. I chuckled softly when he said " Now boss, you know I already have tasting samples ready for you."

I nodded yes with a grin saying " I'm starving, feed me Jeb."  He laughed and I heard Dwight laughing behind when he came up kissing my neck  whispering " The exercise we had earlier will do that Kandi." I blushed while all the guys laughed and I nodded turning into Dwight responding " Best exercise  I have had in two years handsome, expecting it everyday now."   Dwight smiled nodding yes, Jeb smirked at both of us  saying " Ok you two not in my kitchen, lunch will be ready in ten minutes, now shoo, both of you."  Dwight raised an eye brow as I smirked when Jeb stated " You may own this place, she may own your heart and manage this place, but while I'm the Chef, this is my kitchen sir." I chuckled along with Tim, Ben and Dwight as he said  "I do understand Jeb, no problem with me,  Chef."

Dwight and I walked out of the kitchen and then went to the desk as Carrie handed Dwight a letter chuckling. She said to us" Boss, a Ms. Morgan Ellis is demanding the full refund promised to her and included a personal note for you sir." I chuckled reading the refund request, for the lodge to pay for the airfare and compensation for the loss of a guaranteed relaxing week since she was only going to be here the first week with her brother. I growled making Carrie, Darla and Dwight all look at me when I said " Unbelievable, where did you find this greedy, money hungry wench?"  Dwight smirked then  tilted his head as I handed him the request form making him laugh alot. I slapped his arm sighing, then he said " Don't worry Kandi, I will give back a reasonable amount  just to get her out of my life."

I raised an eye brow saying " You know this is a form of blackmail right?" He smiled kissing my hand nodding yes answering " Morgan is about money, so she will get what she has due to her, I feel it's better to pay this, then have to have any more dealings with her okay?" I sighed saying  It's your  final decision in the end, I may not like this but I see your point Dwight." He kissed my lips softly saying " I have plenty of money beautiful, our happiness is what matters, getting her off my back makes me happy and life easier for all of us."  He handed me the personal note saying " No secrets between us my love." so  I read what she had sent to him.

Morgan wrote all the normal things a woman would say, trying to win back a man from the past, and stated again he would regret choosing me over her and I would do the same thing his last fiancee' did. She did actually congratulate him on the engagement as I'm sure Sam or Yvonne told her about the party  this morning after she was escorted off the property.  I growled even more reading this, Dwight pulled me against him saying " Just words Kandi, I know you are nothing like my past fiancee' and she is very good at twisting the truth as well as being a very bad liar." He kissed  my forehead as I sighed leaning against him while he wrapped his arms around me  with love and warmth. He softly said " She is old news and so is what she says, you Kandi are my new, breathtaking  love that has me so entranced by your kindness, honest ways and  alluring  charm, nothing can make me change my mind, as only you have  my heart and soul ." Darla smiled saying " Wow a real romantic, you have a brother sir?"  Dwight, Carrie and I looked at each other then started laughing when Carrie chuckled  " Yes he does actually and he left last week, you missed him Darla."

Lunch time came around so I let Darla and Carrie go grab some food as Dwight and I talked while I watched over the phones and desk. Alec, Brad and Seth walked in slapping the dust off their pants smiling to us as they came to the desk. Seth said " Afternoon ma'am, sir, the kids are back from riding and Greg, Jason  with the guest who went to the lake are pulling in now." I nodded thanking them and told them to go grab some chow before  the next activities started. Alec tipped his hat,  as Dwight smirked then said " Boss you look so radiant this afternoon, have a good rest?" I blushed as Dwight chuckled and Alec raised an eye brow asking " Hmm, any rest at all then?" I smiled replying " Yes Alec I got about an hour  of rest and a few hours of intense exercise, I'm good now thank you." Alec chuckled nudging Dwight saying " Sir, please be sure she sleeps, the boss here takes her grouchiness out on all of us when she's not rested." Dwight chuckled nodding yes to Alec when the guests all walked in heading for lunch.

Carrie and Darla came back so Dwight gently wrapped his arm around my waist leading me to the dining room for lunch. Wendy, the soon to be sixteen year old birthday girl and Dan her fifteen year old brother came to us asking if all of the teens could have like a room to chill in. Dwight looked at me as I smiled asking them to follow me as Dwight came with us , I led them to the old dining  that now has a few couches, chairs, tables and throw rugs placed around. I unlocked the doors asking" I can have a few of the hands clean it up, maybe bring in one of the large screen TV's and I remember there being an old stereo here somewhere, will this do kids?" They both grinned saying " Awesome "  at the same time making Dwight and I both laugh then Dwight said " I think this could become a permanent thing, maybe a game room?" I looked at him as he smiled continuing " Ms. Young how would you like myself and say Hank, and Jason head into town as I saw a sell on  a pool table, and a pop machine, it would be great for any of the kids  that stay here?" Dan looked at me saying " Oh please say yes ma'am, you know kids our age just need space from you adults now and then." I laughed ruffling his hair as he smirked then looked at Dwight's nice sexy smile nodding yes.  Dan high fived Dwight's hand while I chuckled and Wendy said " Nice, a game room for young adults, so cool  Ms. Young."

We all headed back to the dining room and I stopped Dwight saying " You do know that if I add the expenses for all of this, the management company will  be livid with me Dwight." He chuckled shaking his head no answering " I think you need to realize beautiful, you have carte blanc,  I already told them to authorize any request and expenses you ask for now."  I sighed so he gently raised my eyes to his, kissed my cheek whispering "' I trust you Kandi, I have seen how you work here with bare minimum and make it work, also you sexy creature are my future wife don't ever forget it." I smiled kissing his lips sensually then said "You either handsome, and any improvements here also raises the reputation of the lodge for being even more family oriented like this game room for young adults." Dwight laughed replying " Amazing, you always see the bottom line in business helping this place expand and grow."

 Dwight returned my kiss showing me  passion and love just how he felt making me softly moan against his lips.  I blushed as he smiled then we both walked back into the dining room grabbing our lunch when Dwight called Hank and Jason over to our table explaining the three of them were headed into town after lunch. They both smiled nodding yes when Hank said looking at Dwight " Sir while we are there is it possible that we could pick up  some more fence rails, the  corrals are short about ten?" Dwight smiled looking at me saying " Hank I only own the place, the boss lady here makes all the decisions ask her." I chuckled slapping his arm gently as he squeezed my hand and Hank  smiled at me. I  tilted my head asking him" The corral they busted down last week, Hank I thought we fixed it then?" He sighed  saying " You asked for the money remember last week boss and was turned down?" I sighed nodding yes when Dwight said " They refused your request for needed repairs Kandi?"  I nodded yes making him sigh saying " I locked cost yes but repairs should always be approved, ah live and learn."

After lunch Dwight and the guys headed into town to get the things he wanted, Carrie and Darla kept busy as Carrie showed Darla a few new things she needed to know, while I decided to this time go and get some sleep. Carrie smiled to me saying" Rest up boss, I think you will need it with him around." I chuckled hugging her and said bye to them, heading to my suite for a few hours nap.  So after a two hour rest, feeling revitalized, I showered and dressed in a clean dark blue western shirt, black jeans, Black Stetson and my boots then headed back down stairs.

I heard some banging coming from the old dining room so I nodded at Carrie as she smiled nodding back then I turned and walked down the hall toward the noise. Alec, Dwight, Jason and Greg were all working in the room, as they looked to be making shelves, had already put a new wooden sign above the door that read "Game Room", I saw a pinball game, pool table, two soda machines and a foosball table in the room. I cleared my throat as they all turned  and I said " Well I see we added more than expected, hope the owner doesn't wring my neck with the costs guys." Dwight chuckled coming over, kissing me softly as I deepen the kiss and smiled when he pulled back saying " Hey now, I bargained shopped, all this was at discount prices and heck even I want to hang out in here when we get done." I laughed as Dwight pulled me  into a hug, Alec tipped his hat saying " Afternoon boss, we will have this ready for anyone to use in about another hour, so why don't you and Mr. Garnett  go for a walk."  Dwight smiled nodding to me whispering " I have something else to show you beautiful, come on." I smirked saying thanks to the guys then we left and Dwight led me past the front desk then opened the door to the office.

I raised an eye brow making him smile, nodding for me to enter the office, as I now read the sign on the door " Manager/Owner" so as I stepped in, I saw he had done a small remodel in here. The windows now are open, all the boards taken off, he added some plants, changed the carpets to a light tan color and on the desk sat a  beautiful crystal lamp with a brand new laptop. I turned around into him smiling as he hugged me saying " I really don't know your tastes in decor yet but Alec gave me a few hints, what do you think, less stuffy, more personality for you Kandi?" I kissed his cheek whispering " Yes Dwight this is amazing, thank you for all of this and the game room." He chuckled answering " I'm glad that I now have you and you showed me this place needed some changes, anything in my power to make you happy, I love you Kandi." As he gently ran his finger down my cheek I replied " I love you too handsome and this is very pleasing, specially for me that you thought about my needs."

He chuckled saying" Your needs are what matter the most to me, never doubt it beautiful." I blushed  and he continued " You got a nap I understand so I know what I will ask for later tonight." I smirked saying " And I know what I expect from you later tonight as you are the only man to make me feel  the things I did this morning Dwight." He smiled leaning down kissing my neck, then my earlobe as I shivered feeling him moan against my skin. I looked into his eyes softly saying " You have given me back a lot of love and happiness, I feel my heart slowly mending Dwight, thank you for being so tender, loving and  taking the time to understand me more." Dwight smiled hugging me saying " I love you as you love me Kandi, together we will heal each other's hearts, make a beautiful future and forever love each other." Carrie and Darla stood in the doorway and knocked on the door as we both turned Carrie said " Nice office now boss, so I'm off to hang with Ben, Alec has the desk and Darla has a date?" I smirked at Carrie then asked " Darla a date with whom?" Darla blushed answering " Umm Tim ma'am, he and I are going to dinner and a movie, then he will bring me back up the mountain." Dwight chuckled, I smiled and Carrie  laughed saying " Figures, Tim needs to get out more so I like this idea."

Alec told us as we walked up saying the game room was done so Dwight and I went to check it out.  The guys had arranged it so nice, added a new stereo system that sat on the shelves they built,making me slap  Dwight's arm whispering" We could have found that old one handsome." he smirked nodding yes saying " Yes or we could make this place better with a more modern one, so the owner said go new." I chuckled along with him then we closed the door as all the guest came down for dinner I informed them all as they walked in that we had a surprise after dinner. Jeb had cooked goulash, garlic bread, made potato salad along with the regular green salad choice. The older couple stopped by our table and Mrs. Wright patted Dwight's hand as he smiled politely while Mr. Wright said " You young kids remind me of when I wisked my lovely  Bess here off her feet many years ago, now son treat her well and she will always be your inspiration in life." Dwight smiled nodding to him saying " Yes sir I will and may I say thank you for the valuable advice." Bess chuckled leaning to me saying " You miss found a smooth one here, hold tight on the reins and love him deeply then he will never look to greener pastures." I chuckled nodding replying "Yes ma'am, I will use your words every day to keep him in line." They smiled then went to sit with the rest of their family as I looked around seeing all the teens eating dinner.

Dwight chuckled looking into my eyes as I gently ran my thumb over his palm then we started eating dinner. Sam and Yvonne came and joined us at our table so we all talked and laughed as Sam mentioned how Morgan was pouting in New York and calls him today. Yvonne also chuckled telling us  Morgan has gone on a buying spree hoping to stop the depression from being escorted off the ranch. I laughed with Dwight when Sam mentioned  now his sister has to move back to their parents as her plans didn't work out and she was evicted from her flat in the city before she came here. After everyone had finished up I asked them to follow Dwight to see the surprise and also mentioned that tomorrow  they all had decided to go to the lake so I would make it an all day thing and have the barbecue taken to the lake. As I ushered the kids to follow first, the parents smiled at me already having a good idea as to what was coming.

Dwight stopped at the door and pointed to the sign saying " Okay you guys and girls asked for a place to just "chill" so Ms. Young and I along with the wranglers thought this might work." He opened the doors and the teens all cheered and clapped, the parents all laughed telling Dwight and I thanks for some space from their kids making us both chuckle back welcome. A few came back asking their parents for some money to buy drinks and I also noticed Dwight had added a snack machine so these kids were on cloud nine. Stereo now turned on, sounds from the games going off, making me smile as I leaned back into Dwight while he held me close to him kissing my cheek.  I told the parents now they could enjoy the peace and quiet, maybe visit our fulled stocked library or just take a romantic walk around the lodge as we had a gazebo out back with a small pond. The ladies all smiled as the husbands chuckled then Sam said" Time from the kids, you two have my gratitude." I smirked saying thank you as the adults wandered away from the game room. We both glanced in one more time, and then I closed the door softly giving them time  to just chill with their own age group.

At eleven the last parents got their kids so I locked the room, and locked up the lodge as Dwight checked all the windows then we headed up to my suite. He  asked me if  he could move some of his things in tonight and I smiled saying " It will all be here soon, bring what you want handsome, clothing optional." He chuckled kissing me deeply responding " Some, as I do need to walk back into this suite with something on." I ran my hands up his chest then down his back as he moaned and  I gently squeezed his nice ass making him growl as he closed my door to the suite. He picked me up carrying me to the bed then gently laid me down and covered my body with his huskily whispering " Make love with me Kandi, let me enjoy all of you again as I enjoy you touching me, loving me and surrendering to me." I moaned as he softly ran his tongue over my collarbone then he slipped off my shirt kissing my neck moving down ever so slowly teasing me. We made love again, then both sexual appetites fully sated we drifted off to sleep wrapped in each other's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 148K 56
*** This story is now FREE!!!*** After a traumatic breakup with her college sweetheart, Aria Davenport meets an older, more sexually experienced busi...
110K 4.7K 45
Reagan Renne Walker left the tiny town that she grew up in in Wyoming five years ago to fulfill her dream of opening an equine therapy ranch in Monta...
2.5K 188 21
"She's changing back to normal. Alright, take her away and don't forget to chain her up and cover her mouth." OH MY GOSH, I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!! He sa...
48.4K 1.3K 6
*COMPLETED* Willa Baker moved to Spurs, Wyoming without any reason. She did this a lot, even has a child she found she she never had a true home. Th...