Military Girlfriend

By Midnight_Writer97

I didn't think you would mean this much to me. I was never suppose to fall so hard for you, but every time yo... More

Military Girlfriend
Military Girlfriend (Chapter 1)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Untitled Part 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39: Epilogue

Chapter 12

17.1K 383 17
By Midnight_Writer97

Chapter 12:

"Wait a second, so he's in the army? No way, I can't believe he was hiding that huge secret from you!" Nancy and I were on our break eating a mushroom burger and fries with of course our famous choclate shakes on the sides.

"Yea I know thats what I didn't get either, I mean yea I was hiding my living arrangments from him but the army? That's life altering."

"So how did you regret, because I would have flipped."

"Trust me, I got mad but then he started telling me why he hasn't told me and I understood. He's had a bad past with an exgirlfriend about it."

"Hmm I can get that. You guys are all good though, right?" She raised an eyebrow finishing off her shake.

"More than ok. Nancy we're dating, he's my boyfriend." I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face me saying the term Boyfriend, and dont even get me started on those butterflies, they're like on crack in my stomach! Yet I wouldn't want it anyway.

"Wait a second, you guys are dating! When did this happen?" She almost dropped her burger on the ground as she was about to take a bite.

"Please dont be mad but we've been dating for about three weeks." I bit my lip knowing what was coming, she will be mad i've been holding back her daily dose of gossip in awhile.

"What do you mean three weeks? Young lady I practically set you guys up and you keep this huge thing from me." She rolls her eyes drowning her mushroom burger in ranch, and taking a huge bite so she wouldn't say something she'd regret.

"Well I've been just so caught up in spending as much time with him as I could that I just haven't said anything."

"Still, you should have told me. I mean really I'm old the only gossip I get besides you and Army boy, is who cheated at bingo."

"Wait there are actually old people who cheat at bingo, that is classic."

"Shaylee dont go trying to change the subject, but yes they really do." She stifles a laugh but the second I join in she stops and glares at me.

"Ughhh would you stop being mad at me, its killing me."

"Well if its killing you, your little boyfriend can kiss it better. You know the boyfriend you've been dating for almost a month, the one I just found out about."

"You have to understand though Nancy. I've just been caught up in being with him."

"So you'll have to understand when I take this two hour break were taking as a cut in your pay."

My mouth drops open, she can not being serious. Right?

"No honey i'm just kidding I wanted to see how long I could make you sweat. See I told you I havent had fun with out your drama so I had to put my boredum somewhere." She starts laughing uncontrollably before kissing me on the cheek and telling me I need to finish my lunch.

"Is he a good kisser?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Yes he is actually, I can't even tell you the feelings I get when we kiss. Even if he just kisses me on the cheek."

"You really like him don't you? I've never seen you get this happy with any guy. Well any guy i've tried to set you up with."

"I really do Nancy, he just makes me feel so secure so happy, and he makes me feel beautiful."

"Then hold onto him, those kind only come once in a blue moon. Don't question anything, just go with what makes you happy and enjoy the moments as long as they last. Because these are the times when you'll get about my age and look back and remember, and no matter what happens in life or what happens between you and Jay, you always got the memories that will warm you up and make you smile."

Her hand reaches across the table and grabs mine all in which she gives me a warm smile and a motherly nod. Shes the woman I have to thank for the wise wisdom and getting me through the nights when I didn't think I could live any longer without my parents.

"Hey Nanc, do you remember that time when it was snowing and we took your car but it broke down so we rode in the horse carriage and drank hot choclate." I smiled at the amazing memory, we laughed so hard that night Nancy's hot choclate came out of her nose and she complanined for an hour that her favorite shirt was now stained and her nose was burning.

"Yes I never could get those stains out, it was my favorite white shirt!"

See I told you she still can't get over it, and that was last year!

"It was a great memory though, I'd have to admit." She smiles down at me.

"Yea or how about the time where you convinced me to get a dog and you brought me home a little rat dog, that thing never shut up."

"Hey Coco was a great dog." She snaps back.

"Yea until my landlord found out and I almost got kicked out because of it."

"I wonder where Coco is these days."

"Beats me, hopefully some hyper teenage girl got her. She needed a hyper person to match her personality!"

"That is sooo true. So when do you hang out with Jay again?"

"I think either tomorrow night or Saturday."

"Why not tonight?"

"Because I dont want to be one of those clingy couples, I still like being alone on some days. Its good for us."

"I guess you're right, but I'm just saying if I were you I wouldnt be able to keep my hands off of him!" She gives me a wink as my face twist in disgust.

"Ok that was an image I could have gone all my life with out picturing."

"Ohh lighten up." She punches me in the shoulder lightly. Yes even at her age she still punches, and pretty hard might I add.

"There is seriously something wrong with you." I laugh as I pick at the leftover fries on my plate.

"Well yea, I mean look i'm hanging out with you."

"Hey watch it, your life would be so dull without me and you'd end up like one of those old ladies who cheat at bingo." I laugh as I throw a fry at her face.

"Honey, I am one of those ladies at bingo."

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack."

"Actually I could see it."

"See I already look the part, might as well continue with it."

"True but I -"

I hear footsteps coming through the backdoor to see Jay coming in my view. I immediatly stand to my feet, butterflies erupting like bursting lave and a smile so big it hurts my face. Yet as I see his face, his eyes are red and he looks distraught.

"Whats the matter Jay?"

He takes a long deep breathe, avoiding eye contact before he lets out what I have been dreading.

"Shaylee I'm getting departed, and I leave tomorrow."

In one sentence I feel my world stop and crumble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 49 24
So his sweet girlfriend did as those who weren't stars always did. She bandaged up her heart as best as possible, offered a wry smile, and gave him...
207K 9.9K 25
Falling for the girl whom he rejected once !!! We fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. "You are the love that ca...
1.2K 31 8
"I'm sorry I couldn't make forever happen." he apologized, smiling sadly at me and closing his eyes briefly. "Forever is not real." I quoted, remembe...
20.5K 1K 42
Every girl has always wanted that "perfect love story". Where the boy is handsome, the girl is beautiful, and they fall in love. Well, unfortunatel...