Young Justice One Shots

By emqress

A series of young justice one shots and imagines written by yours truly. start: 29/08/16 end: --/--/-- [YOUNG... More

WELCOME
Robin {Tim} x Reader ✅
Kid Flash x reader✅
Impulse x Reader✅
Robin {Dick} x Reader✅
Superboy x Reader✅
Robin {Tim} x Reader✅
Red Arrow x Reader ⚠️ ✅
Nightwing x Reader✅
Robin {Jason} x Reader✅
Kid Flash x Reader✅
Joker x Reader ⚠️✅
Kid Flash x Reader✅
Bluebeetle x Reader
Nightwing x Reader
Shazam x Reader
Red Arrow x Reader
Nightwing x Reader
Aqualad x Reader
Nightwing x Reader
robin {tim} x reader
Kid Flash x Reader
Superboy x Reader
Icicle jr x Reader
⇊ NEW SUBMISSION FORM ⇊
Aqualad x Reader
Impulse x Reader
Superboy x Reader ⚠️
Taking a break...
Season 3
Aqualad X Reader
Artemis x {fem} reader
BRION MARKOV + preview
New YJ Fics
Robin {Jason} x Reader
Arsenal x Reader
Requests
A/N: 20/04

Robin {Dick} x Reader

10K 304 46
By emqress

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
G/B - Girl/Boy

unedited;

You had always liked cemeteries, ever since you were a little kid. They always made you feel so peaceful and calm- feelings that you didn't get to experience often. Even when you were younger you were always the loud, energetic one, and now you found a place to be quiet.

It was early morning, so you were the only one in the cemetery- apart from a gardener that you'd passed on your way through the gates- so as you walked among the gravestones the only sounds that could be heard were the sound of your feet pressing softly against the grass and the wind in the trees that surrounded the outer wall. You folded your arms over your chest as you walked, regretting not bringing a jacket. The early morning made the air fresh, not cool enough to be considered cold but nowhere near warm enough to go without arm and leg coverage.

Slowly you weaved in and out of the rows of graves, savouring the surrounding silence and the slowness of your steps. It was a few minutes before, finally; you drew to a stop in front of one certain grave. you were glad to have found it, not having known exactly where it was in the first place, though not so glad that your purpose in this place would now be fulfilled, meaning you were already half way to leaving.

You knelt down, one hand on the edge of the gravestone gingerly.

"Um...hi," you said, feeling nervous. You suddenly wondered whether this was even a good idea. Was this intruding into something that you weren't meant to be part of? These were Dick's parents, not yours. You hadn't been part of Dick's life back then. Was this going too far? "I don't know if I should be doing this," you admitted aloud, staring at the names carved into the stone. You sighed and settled yourself onto the grass next to the grave.

"I brought you some flowers...if that's okay..." Nervously, you began pulling the blue flowers from inside their bag one by one and pushing them strategically into the flower holder in front of the grave. They were the flowers that you'd once seen Dick buying, except he'd bought them in white rather than blue. Unfortunately the florist you had gone to didn't have any white periwinkles in stock, so you had to buy blue instead.

You swallowed slowly. There was really no reason for you to be getting so worked up over this. It was just a grave. Dick's parent's grave. "I know it's usually Rob that comes to see you today," you said. "But he's on a really important mission and couldn't come...he was really upset, so I thought I'd come instead..." you paused, looking at the grass.

"I know I'm not the same, but...wait- do I have to introduce myself? I mean, I don't know how these things work...you might know who I am, if you've been watching over Dick and stuff, but just in case you haven't- I'm (Y/N)." He smiled a little. "I'm your son's...(G/B) friend. God, that's so much scarier saying that out loud to you. Basically, I love him, and he loves me." You played with your fingers awkwardly. "I hope you're okay with that," you added quickly. Jeez, this was like being found out by Bruce all over again.

You didn't say anything for a few seconds. You just sat and enjoyed the silence. You wondered briefly whether you should just go, but there was so much more you wanted to say to Dick's parents, even though you weren't entirely sure whether they could hear you or not. Maybe you just wanted to say them for Dick's sake, the things that Dick might say to his parents when he came to their grave.

"Dick misses you," you said simply, not knowing where else to start. "He misses you a lot. He never admits it, but I know that he does...I miss you too- wait, no, that doesn't make sense. What I mean is...I wish you were still alive...

You know, whenever he talks about you, he looks so sad- and sometimes when we go to play basketball in the park I'll catch him staring at the playground, and at all the little kids playing with their parents. I wish you were still here with him...and with me and Bruce too, because I think we need Dick just as much as he needs you."

You stared at the names on the grave once again, wondering what they would be thinking if they could actually hear you talking now. "He'd be happier if you were still here," you admitted. "I mean, he is happy, but he would be happier if you were here, you know! I want to make him happier, but I'm not sure how...See! You need to be here to tell me how to make your son happy! I've got Bruce and Alfred, but Alfred's old and Bruce is...Bruce..."

Bruce is terrifying, and hard to talk to, and impossible to get any sense out of unless you're Robin or able to understand what might as well be a totally different language.

You laughed to himself a little. "But, I really do wish I could meet you. I know you would be amazing people. You have to be, you're Dick's parents for God's sake!" You grinned to yourself, almost hoping that Dick's parents could see. "Sorry, I know I've been whining at you a lot, but I just want you to know that I really do love your son, and I'm going to try to make him happy because...well, he deserves it, doesn't he?"

You stopped talking as you heard footsteps behind you, and you turned your head to see your best friend making his way towards you with a near identical bunch of flowers to the one already set in front of the grave. Dick's eyes were big and sorrowful, his eyebrows furrowed. As he reached the grave he dropped to his knees beside you and wrapped his arms around your neck, burying his face into your shoulder.

"I thought you weren't going to be able to make it," you murmured softly, stroking through Dick's hair with your fingertips.

"I wasn't," Dick responded, looking up. "But Bruce called in some help so we could finish up early."

You smiled softly and glanced over Dick's shoulder. "Is he here?"

"He forgot to get his flowers out of the back of the car." You frowned looking at the white flowers still in Dick's hand. "These are my flowers," he explained. "Bruce gives red flowers, and brings yellow flowers from Alfred."

"Oh," you murmured, and glanced at the grave where his flowers were lay. "Sorry."

Dick put a hand on the side of your face so you had no option but to look at him. "You have nothing to be sorry for," Dick promised, kissing you softly before leaning over towards the grave. Before you could ask him what he was doing Dick was placing his own white flowers in amongst the blue flowers you had already set out. "See, it looks even better than usual." Dick sat back again and wrapped an arm around your waist. "Thank you."

"They're only flowers," you reminded him, pulling the boy closer.

"Not just for that," Dick replied. "For coming, too."

"Oh," you murmured. "You're welcome."

"And also for what you said," Dick added.

You froze, a blush exploding onto your cheeks as he looked at Dick. "W-What I said?"

Dick smirked. "Mmhmm." He nodded. "I mean I have no idea what you were talking about before I walked up, or why you think I'm not happy-"

"I just meant that you could be ha-"

Your sentence was broken off by a kiss. "But," Dick said insistently, leaning his forehead against yours. "I love you too, and you make me happy without having to try."

You grinned at that and leaned down to give Dick yet another kiss. He responded immediately by wrapping his arms around your waist, his fingers trailing up into his hair slowly. You pulled away with a smirk. "With your parents watching? Really? I want them to at least tolerate me!"

Dick pressed a kiss to the tip of your nose. "You know, they'd adore you."

"How'd you know that?"

"Because I adore you, and I take after them," Dick replied, grinning. "But now I'd better let go of you before Bruce sees."

"Yep," you agreed as Dick's arms unwrapped from around you and they took positions an inch or so away from each other, so as not to raise suspicion. Not that Bruce didn't already know, but he could at least pretend to be none the wiser.

"Hello, (Y/N)," Bruce said in a tone that could almost be considered pleasant if it weren't for the suspicious look that he sent in your direction when Dick wasn't looking. You responded politely anyway as Dick stood up, collecting the red and yellow flowers from Bruce's hands.

Both sets of flowers were in separate vases, which Dick set down on either side of the middle flower holder, which now held both blue and white flowers. Dick knelt down before gravestone then, pressing a kiss to his fingertips and placing it gently once over his mother's name, and once over his father's.

"Love you, guys," he murmured, letting his hand drop back onto his knee.

You wanted to crawl over to him and wrap him up into your arms until the end of the world, but as Bruce made a move in Dick's direction you knew that it wasn't his place to do so. It was Bruce's. You watched as the man knelt down to the right side of Dick, placing a firm arm around his shoulder and letting the young boy lean into his chest.

They stayed like that for a few seconds, before Dick's gaze turned in your direction and his arm lifted, fingers searching for yours. With a slight glance at Bruce, returned with an approving nod and a gesturing hand, you made your way forwards. You knelt in the space in-between Dick and Bruce, one hand clasping Dick's and the other arm wrapped protectively around his waist. After a few seconds you felt yourself relax, forcing yourself not to freak out over the fact that you were less than an inch away from Batman, and your arm was currently pressed up against Batman's stomach as Dick leaned back against his father figure.

As the second's passed, and Bruce's hand began resting against your shoulder and Dick's hand against the gravestone in front of them, you felt completely calm and peaceful, again.

-----------------------------------------------------
A/N

I tried to make this fluffy, hope you like it. Please check out my other stories (especially 'The Memories We Make') I am currently trying to get over my author's block so please don't be annoyed if I take ages to update

- Paaprika

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 9.1K 54
Title pretty much says it all, this book is basically just full of young justice character X readers :3 feel free to send requests or write them in t...
489K 11K 66
Just a random book of Young Justice imagines I'll be doing. I'll take any requests if people leave any, but for now, I'll do whatever characters I ca...
349K 7.2K 43
Just a collection of Young Justice Boys ROBIN KID FLASH AQUALAD SUPERBOY and if anyone wants to do a Red Arrow I will put in your credit f...
19.5K 548 12
Where the Young Avengers get stuck in the universe of the Young Justice squad.