I'm a Model Living on the Str...

By jessame

(this awesome cover is dedicated to JustCeline!!!) Sam MacIntosh is an orphan that lives on the streets. She... More

I'm a Model Living on the Streets
Some Stupid Jerk
Hello Drake.... AGAIN!!!!
My First Date (Eek!)
I Love You, I Love You Not
Hattie's Advice
Second Date!
Sick???
MISSING???

Living the High Life

285 5 5
By jessame

dedicated @JustCeline for the awesome covers!!!!!! woot!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

I have decided what I am going to do about my complicated life.

After yesterday's events (that included: good and bad) I've decided to dump Drake and enjoy my single life. If you remember, I'm only twelve. Since, Trek already has a girlfriend and Drake well... Jake doesn't like him at all, I'm going back to single-ness. Woot! Maybe I'll scout for boys next year. Right now, I'm too young to be thinking about anything.  I feel proud of myself for coming to such an amazing conclusion, now I'm going to hang out with Tia and tell her about my stupid boy drama.

I yawn and stretch my arms above my head, and get off the tattered mattress I've been sleeping on since I found this small alley, way back when I was 5 and abandoned the orphanage. I grab some jeans and a tee and quickly change. For some reason I feel excited, and feel as if I need to get somewhere because something exciting is going to happen. I run to My Treasures, still unsure of my reason for such cheerfulness and peppy happiness. As I near it, I immediately now that something must be up, the lights were off, the door was closed with the 'We're Closed, Sorry." sign on it. I start to feel extremely dizzy and scared. I push the door open, unsure of what might of happened and get a huge, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAM!!!" from a bunch of my friends and Jake. Awn, that's so sweet! I love surprises!!!! OMG, in the rush of all this boy conflict, I completely forgot that today was my birthday! See, that's another reason why being single is so much better, no pressure, no relying, no fighting etc... Suddenly Drake and Trek rush out from behind a shelf full of 'antiques' (Jake brushes up pots with dust and says they're 'antiques') holding presents. Oh crap. I groan internally, this is not how I wanted the two to meet.

"Hey, who are you?" Drake threatens.

"Who are you? And why are you here?" Trek growls menacingly.

"I'm Drake, her boyfriend." Drake states proudly.

I try to interupt, "Uh- Drake, hun. I uh-"

"Boyfriend????" Trek gasped. "I-I-sh-she-" he stuttered.

"Cat got your tongue, boy? Speak the hell up!!!!!"

"Sh-she n-never damn told me that!!!! Ugh, what the hell? And to think that I got her flowers and chocolates? What is going on here?" he asked.

"Nothing. We just went out for dinner two times that's all." I lied, not wanting to lose Trek.

"NOTHING?" Drake belted. "WHAT I DID WAS NOTHING? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KISSED ME, THE ONE WHO ASKED ME BACK ON A SECOND DATE. TO ME, YOU'RE SOUNDING LIKE THE NEEDY ONE NOW! LYING TO ME AND THIS.... THING," he pointed to Trek. "IN FRONT OF OUT FACES? ARE YOU DOING THIS ON PUPOSE? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME JEALOUS OR SOMETHING, CAUSE I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT YOUR THINKING IN THAT HEAD OF YOURS." I'm speechless, utterly and actually speechless. Me, Sam, the fiesty one, the one on fire, the one that always has somethig to say is speechless.

"Okay, fine, it was something, but I wanted to tell you something Drake." I huff.

"Fine! What do you need to tell me?"

"Guys, seriously." Hattie protested. Up until now, I completely forgot that all my friends and Jake were here.

"Seriously, what?" Drake asked.

"Seriously, calm down. Sam must feel like no one's listening to her, you guys are always yelling and cutting her off when she's trying to say something. So just back off, okay?" She cocks her head threateningly as if one of the dudes don't listen to her, she'll rip their head off.

"Thank you, Hattie. As I was saying, I need to talk to Drake, in PRIVATE." I emphaise the word to make sure I get what I want.

"Sam, you can tell me what you want to in PUBLIC." Drake retorts.

"No thanks, Dra-Dra. Unless you want to be humiliated, right here, right now." I snap.

"Sure, tell everyone what you have to say about me, kay?"

"Sure.... " I plant a fake smile on my face. "I don't think we're working out, Drake. You don't really interest me, unlike Mr. Trek over here." I flirt. "So I wanted to say, we're over." I say with the fake smile still on my face.

"WHAT? BU-BUT, WE WERE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!! I BOUGHT YOU DINNERS AND WE KISSED AND-"

"Sure, sweetums. Now run along back home!" I say faking cheerfulness, in truth my heart was breaking. Even though I knew we would never work out to anything more, it hurt my heart for me to just break up with him.

"Fine! But you will regret this, Samantha!" he turned and left with a determined look to not share a  fleeting backward glance.

I turn back to my guests who then applaud for me leaded by Jake, who probably still hates Drake, I don't even know why. One by one, they hand me their gifts.

"Awn, guys you know you didn't need to get me anything. I already have everything I need.... you guys." I say. Ya, its cheesy but its so true!

"Nah, you deserve these gifts!" said Leanne.

"Leanne? You already bought me all those clothes, you don't need to give me a present!!!" I gasped, she was just too nice.

"Come on, Sam. Its just once a year." Jake said.

"Fine." I huffed giving in again to another one of these verbal wars.

First Tia stepped up, "Here Sam, I hope you like it!" I open the gift, which included a How-to-be-SamMac book and a $20 gift card to Hollister. Woah since when was there a book abou me???? Oh well, who cares. Its nice anyways.

"Thanks Tia, I love it!" I smile and give her a hug.

Then Hattie steps up with her present, "Here Sam, girl you better like it!" she mocked in a southern belle tone. I open it, it includes a pair of really cute flats and an Abercrombie tee.

I glanced at her. "You have to wear them together." she says reading my mind.

"Oh, thanks Hattie, luv ya." I smile and give her a huge bear hug.

Next up was Leanne, "Here hun. Hope you enjoy! I gotta run, got clients, bye!" she  grinned mischeviously as if the present  was going to be the something interesting that would blow my mind. I hug her, and mutter, "Thanks, Leanne!"

I open it, it included a SHOP! card for any shop at Boroughdale Mall for $100 and a note, it said, "Wait for two minutes and you will truly be very sincerely happy. This is nothing compared to what's happening next." it said.  Awn, Leanne was too nice. I do my happy dance, mentally, while thinking what could Leanne have planned as her present.

In the meanwhile, Jake brings his present. I open it, it was a new mouse for the computer, one of those fancy wireless ones and a white blackberry bold. Woah. That's such an awesome gift.

"Oh Jake! This is too much, I can't take it!" I say, even though mentally I'm so excited to try the phone out.

"Naw, Mathy. It's okay. The phone comes with an unlimited plan. Unlimited text, data and calls." he states clearly embaressed that I liked it so much. I hug him, and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks so much!!!!!"

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. I open it, and the delivery dude says, "Delivery for Miss. Samantha MacIntosh?" In his hand was a basket. And in the basket was-

"Thanks that's her." Jake says for me. He signs the paper, and he takes the basket before a get a good glimpse of the object inside. "Okay, I'll show you what's here on one...... two..... three." He tips the basket over and I finally get to know what's inside.

It was a puppy. An adorable one too! It was a golden retriever and it was so adorable. OMG. I immeadiately knew what to call it, Marshmellow. The golden pelt reminded me of a toasted marshmellow, the ones that were roasted perfectly with no burns and was soft and melty in the inside. Awn.

I feel overwhelmed. I feel so happy. All my presents were amazing and now, I feel satisfied. Satisfied with my life, my family, my friends. And to top it all off, I was thirteen and counting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, about the short chap you guys!

hope you liked it!

jessame

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694 32 26
Someone said it right, "Love is beautiful". You do things for the people you love that no one can even imagine. Just like Samaira didn't know anythin...
3M 114K 38
"She is looking over my shoulder and bites the corner of her lower lip in thought. I want that fucking lip. I want to own it, bite it, lick it. It's...
46.3K 1.7K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
246K 9.1K 24
Maci is a 22 year old curvy Hair Stylist who has just recently moved into an apartment with a girl who has helped her get a job at her salon and is t...