To Slow a Treacherous Heart ✓

By thedrowningfishi

[Book I of the Heart Series] ❝I'm sorry Ryan. But I will never love the face of my parents killer.❞ ❝You can'... More

Foreword
Copyright
The Note
Praise for Treacherous Hearts
Violet Thorne [1994 - 2005]
01| Misting Memories
02| A Bleeding Heart
03| A Million Dollar Smile
05| A Painful Punishment
06| A Panicked Reunion
07| A Trying Time
08| A Confused Confession
09| An Unwanted Explanation
10| The Eye of the Storm
11| Tipping Point
12| Can't Love My Killer
13| A Blinding Rage
14| The Leech
15| A Death Like Conversation
16| A Pain in the Past
17| Tricky Planning
18| Playing with Fire
19| Threaten Me Twice
20 | Loose Strings
21| A Revolting Revelation
22| The Bloody Plan [Part I]
23| The Bloody Plan [Part II]
24| An Unsatisfactory End
25| Watching Over You
26| Waking Up
27| Pulling the Plug
28| Therapeutic Torture
29| Death Thou Eternal Bliss
30| Heart Beats
31| A Depressing Departure
32| The Tell-Tale Heart
33| The Final Stage of Grief
34| A Different Kind of Ache
35| The New, the Old and the Guilty
36 | A Frantic Call
Epilogue| You Again
Book 2 |How to Heal a Broken Heart

Prologue| A Night Worth Fighting For

17.7K 504 151
By thedrowningfishi

Prologue: A Night Worth Fighting For

March 2005

There was not a star in sight.

The misty night's only solace was the large but beautiful candle that lit up the sky in its reflected radiance. It bathed the field in soft hues that gave the grass a bluish tint and the hooded traveler a lantern to depend on.

Yellow-green flowers pushed up through the soil, decorating the field with its innocent beauty. Trees grew, in crooked shapes, casting shadows that could make the blood run cold. Nature was the only sign of life in the field of death.

The first signs of the upcoming winter glistened through the fallen leaves and the lack of life. It was not winter yet, but the harsh wind and the eerie mist would make anyone want to bundle up.

But who would want to visit a place like this?

The lonely traveler slowly yet effortlessly made his way up the pathway.

Gravestones dotted the field, as far as the eye could see. All placed in a scarily aligned pattern. A murder of crow's shrieks protested against the eerie silence, then flying far above the sky, as if they were being chased by the ghouls and demons that reigned over the silent tombs.

A rusty gate's creak sounded as the hooded figure entered the graveyard, it's crunching footsteps a cacophony in the deathly silence.

It walked down the field unto the very end of it, where a solitary tombstone lay. It sat down on the ground, placing its head in its hands.

Then it looked up and shook its fist, letting out a heart-wrenching cry into the silent night. It's red, blotchy eyes glistened in the moonlight.

"You'll pay Summers," it rasped; a deranged maniac.

"You'll pay for what you did."

***

Next Update: 15th March 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 1.1K 11
*I DO NOT OWN THIS NOVEL. THIS IS MY MOST MOST FAVORITE NOVEL AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHARE IT HERE IN WATTPAD FOR YOU GUYS. That's right! She's...
183K 9.1K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
1.7M 67.8K 58
[COMPLETED] Wattys2018 Shortlist! PROMOTED ON COSMOPOLITAN.COM Highest rank #6 on Chicklit What's Hot List FOLLOW ME FOR EXCLUSIVE UPDATES ❤ ...
4.9K 1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...