Traveling Hearts {Discontinue...

By OnceUponThisTime

{Discontinued} [Kingdom Hearts, Reader-Insert] A simple wishing on a star could lead you into trouble. Fallin... More

[Chapter 1] The Beginning of the End
[Chapter 2] Water & Worries
[Chapter 3] Escape to the Music
[Chapter 4] Tea & Cassettes
[Chapter 5] Geezers & Fries
[Chapter 6] Recap & Confusion
[Chapter 7] Back to Trouble
[Chapter 8] Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
[Chapter 8-A] Go the Other Direction
[Chapter 8-B] Keep Forward
[Chapter 9] Training Starts
[Chapter 10] Search & Apples
[Chapter 11] Fatigue & Anger
[Chapter 12] Porridge & Support
[Chapter 14] Night Escapades
[IMPORTANT NOTICE]
[Ending]

[Chapter 13] Recover & Time

544 34 5
By OnceUponThisTime

A/N: Hey guys! Guess who finally updated? Anyway, I changed one MAJOR thing and that is I've changed from writing in 3rd person to 2nd person because I've gotten use to it from my other stories.

I've got Ven, Van, Sora, Roxas, Riku, Axel, Leon, Cloud, and Zack as [BOC]s and I think they'll be the only ones in the story. I think that's it sorry for not updating! It's been since August which is 5 months or something but enjoy the update.

=========================

A frown was set on your face as you glared at the curtains surrounding your bed. You had been forbidden all morning from leaving your bed unless it was necessary. After taking a shower and breakfast, you were quickly ushered back to bed. Your legs felt cramped, as you swung them back and forth. Laying on your stomach, you watched the little kitten play with the makeshift toy you had made from a spoon and some string.

Moving the curtain, you saw that still nobody was home. You scooped the kitten into your arms and headed towards the closet. Pulling on the string that let the ladder down, you climbed up. Your eyes began to scan the attic looking for the mirror. You spotted it behind a couple of boxes. You sat cross-legged and set the kitten on your lap. You stared at the mirror, not sure what caused your hand to go through last time.

Your hand felt the cool surface as you watched yourself. You sat there for a moment then closed your eyes. That's when you felt your hand slip into a thick liquid. You didn't dare open your eyes and just let your arm sink into the syrupy water. One eye slowly opened and you tried not to panic at the sight of your arm elbow deep in the mirror, ripples surrounding your arm.

"That's pretty neat."

You yanked your arm out and glanced up. Axel towered over you with a grin and hands on his hips. He then held out his hands and you watched a flame appear. He then proceeded to twist his arms around and you watched the flame slide across his arms not leaving any injury.

"That's pretty neat," you copied his tone before standing, the kitten perched in your arms.

"Great. Another one full of sarcasm," he sighed, making his way down the stairs. "I already got enough with Zexion and Roxas and here I was. . ." Another sigh. "going to fill you in on some gaps."

You followed behind him, making your way slowly down the ladder feeling a bit dizzy. Probably from standing up too quickly. For a moment, you leaned your head on the ladder, closed your eyes, and inhaled. It was a strange feeling that haunted you the entire morning. You hadn't felt it considering you had laid around all day. The feeling was a mix of dizziness, a bit of nausea, and hunger that clouded your mind. You then felt an arm go around your shoulder and another holding onto your arm. Axel quickly ushered you to a chair.

"I guess I can understand why you're so grumpy though," he continued, looking through the cupboards for food. "This was your first major use of your power and all." You watched as he finally found a paper bag. He took a chilled, glass bottle of milk from the ice cooler and placed them in front of you. You glanced at him then the bag before inspecting it. You opened the bag to smell the pleasant scent of sweet donuts. Your mouth watered and you began to wonder which to begin with. You picked up the first in your hands.

"My first time I had to deal with the hunger and my body temperature either nearly killing me or making me uncomfortable," Axel snatched the donuts away from you and took a bite, earning him a glare. "It takes up a lot of energy for the body to readjust to the power so you'll be really hungry every time you use it for awhile."

You nodded, "That makes sense."

"Yup," he dusted any crumbs from his hands. "You already know the basics of your powers. You can reflect attacks with that shield of yours, copy other people movements, and who knows what with that hand inside a mirror thing. Has Zexion taught you how to cheat at cards yet?"

You stared perplexed at the odd questions before shaking your head no. Axel shot up from his seat and began to rummage around the bunk bed next to yours. You continued to eat savoring the sweet taste of the different donuts. You had gone through three before Axel finally found what he was looking for. But before he could explained the rules to you as he slid back onto the chair, the door opened.

"So that's the girl causing all the ruckus."

You turned towards the door, hearing a familiar accent. Roxas stood next to a blond haired man with a toothpick in his mouth. His blue eyes scanned you while switching the toothpick to the other side of his mouth.

"Yup, she's the troublemaker," Roxas teased, chuckling at your glare. He proceeded to grab a donut from the bag and sat next to you.

"Doesn't look like she can do much," Cid shrugged, finding a seat at the table and began to tinker with an odd device. You ignored that comment with another donut before Axel finally took the bag of donuts away.

"Hey!" you frowned, trying to snatch at the bag. Axel's height difference wasn't helping her case.

"Yo! Stop messing with [Name]!" Demyx pouted from the door. You turned to see Sora and Riku with eyes wide and your mouth full. Sora grinned widely while Riku seemed to try to hold in a chuckle. Axel passed you the rest of the milk that you chugged down. You turned back, wiping your mouth of crumbs and smiled. That last you saw these two was when you deceived them into thinking you were just some girl with a spilled basket. You always wondered what happened after you had left. Sora was the first to greet you.

"It's nice to properly meet you, [Name]," he took your hand and placed his other hand on top of yours. "I'm terribly sorry about chasing you and anything that my men and I have might have caused you to stress over. I hope you can forgive me." He patted your hand before looking up to your face with an apologetic look.

"It's okay," you shrugged, you hadn't had much trouble except at the beginning and yesterday. "I guess."

"Great!" he stepped back and pushed Riku forward. "This is Riku, he's my best friend and right hand man."

"Nice to meet you," he bowed a bit. You were about to bow back out of courtesy but Axel poked your back causing you to stop.

"You, too," you answered, giving a side glare at Axel and rubbing the spot.

"I'm Yuffie!" you heard a shout from the door as it slammed open. "So, you're the one putting all my men to shame!"

"Sorry," you shrugged, watching her stop in front of you. She tilted her head and held her chin in thought looking at you. She circled around you making you feel even more nervous than usual before going to sit on the top bunk.

"Hello, [Name]," a soft voice greeted. You looked to the door to see the two girls from yesterday. They looked alright. You had been told that they were both safe but seeing them in front of you gave you more peace in mind. Kairi smiled as she went to gather with Sora and Riku near the kitchen. Namine sat down on a chair Roxas pulled up for her. Cid sat next to her still tinkering with a machine.

"Now, all we are missing is Zex," Demyx counted everybody's head.

"Here," the man appeared behind him causing Demyx to jump.

"Dude!" he whined as everybody chuckled.

"Now, that we have everybody," Zexion sat down. "Sora can explain the situation we're in." Sora turned with powdered sugar on his mouth. He quickly wiped it away as his back straightened. His demeanor changed from the goofy kid from earlier into a mature young man. His hand felt the necklace around his neck before placing his hands behind his back.

"We have spy working for Maleficent in the palace," he began.

"Wait, what?" Both Cid and Yuffie yelled.

"She paid us a visit yesterday," Sora continued. "She let us know about a flaw in our defenses and that there's someone on the inside working for her."

"Why would she do that?" Cid raised an eyebrow. "If you have a secret to keep wouldn't you keep it."

"Maybe to waste our time looking for the rat," Kairi suggested.

"I was thinking about that but telling me that she's behind Leon not returning would already distract us enough," Sora's hand went to the necklace. "So, why tell us about the leak in our courts and defenses?"

"She knows better than to underestimate all of us," Riku crossed his arms. "She wants us to split our forces up to tackle each problem. She knows how strong we are as a team but split us up, you split the power."

"That makes sense," Zexion nodded. "But why mention [Name]?" You turned your attention to him as everybody turned their attention to you. You really had no idea how you were involved. Since this morning, everything felt surreal. You didn't feel like you were you, it felt like someone was playing you while you watched. You felt detached from this whole situation as if you were watching a movie. So, when you were brought up you internally panicked.

"Because she's a new variable," Namine answered this time, voice quiet and passive. "Maleficent even said the power she could control was impressive. She's showing interested because [Name] is a nice change to the game she's playing. She's going to want to see how far she can push you until you destroy yourself or submit to her." The steady gaze from Namine was a bit unnerving. Her words snapping you back to reality. You were here and you were involved.

"So, what are we going to do?" Roxas sighed, running a hand through his hair. "We can't stretch our resources any further in protecting [Name]." You were beginning to feel more and more of a burden.

"Oi! She can protect herself," Demyx piped in. "She just needs more training."

"But for how long will we need to protect her until she can do it for herself?" Cid chimed in. Your frown deepened as you leaned back on your chair. An argument began to escalate between Cid, Roxas, Demyx, and Sora who was trying to mediate. Your anger was beginning to boil as they talk about you as if you weren't even there.

"I thought you were on our side Roxas," Demyx glared.

"I am," he responded. "But we have to be realistic. You saw her in battle."

That's when your body went into motion as something struck down on you. You twisted out of the chair, watching Kairi pull the sword from out of the chair. She than began to slash at you as you scrambled up. The shouting from the argument soon turned into shouts questioning Kairi. You held up your forearms waiting for the blade to tear into your skin.

You heard the sound of shattering glass and saw that the glistening shield had returned. The mirror crumbled under the pressure of the sword as you jumped back. Kairi than threw you her other sword which you only had seconds to unsheathe as Kairi began her barrage of attacks. Your strikes and blocks were much smoother than from the last battle. The sword felt lighter and easier to maneuver as you began to push Kairi back.

Your skill wasn't as great as Kairi's but your power stepped in shielding you from any jabs or strikes. However, you weren't at Kairi's level. She quickly disarmed you with a twist of her sword and held it to your neck. Her expression was serious but quickly melted away into a smile. She sheathe her sword before going to pick up her other sword.

You turned to her as flabbergasted as the rest of the room. The only one not really shocked was Namine who continued with her tea and Zexion who shook his head.

Kairi turned to all of you with a smile, "What?"

"Damn," Yuffie drawled. "Remind me never to get you mad, your highness."

"But you got your answer," Kairi gave your shoulder a gentle pat, her hands returned folded in front of her reminding you she was a princess. Her head was held high with her back straight. You breathed out a sigh of relief as the tension in the room relaxed.

"You scared the living hell out," Demyx leaning onto the bunk bed.

"I don't even know why we're still shocked," Riku shook his head, rubbing his eyes.

"I know, right?" Sora nudged his friend. Axel was smiling proudly as his charge while Roxas was just throwing his hands up. You could feel your adrenaline slowly leave your blood and you went to sit on your bunk bed.

"[Name] can learn things with just one demonstration so I don't see why giving her a little time wouldn't benefit us," Kairi explained before seeing your pale face. "The only downside is that you aren't use to the strain of your power. Are you alright?" You shook your head no, feeling your head ache. Demyx quickly rushed to your side, holding your head and staring into your eyes. Namine brought over some food and a glass of water for you.

"People are becoming suspcious," Zexion commented, staring at the door.

"We'll keep at least one of us guarding [Name] and teaching her a thing or two," Sora rushed. "Kai, do you mind traveling with Axel and Roxas to Twilight Town to see if you could gather some more allies at Twilight Town."

"We'll leave tomorrow," she nodded. "Are you going to stay, Namine?"

"Yes," she nodded, staring at you. "I think I'll be needed here."

"Alright," Kairi patted her sister on the head. "Let's go get ready." The three left, chatting about how reckless she was and about provisions.

"Yuffie and Zex collaborate and find a way to find my brother," Sora took off the necklace. "Take this." The chain pooled around in Zexion's hand.

The look on Sora's face shocked you a bit as he whispered harshly, "Find the rat."

"Yes, your highness," they both answered but stayed. They began to chat about the techniques that were lost to you as you focus on Cid was nearly out the door, grumbling at his machine.

"Cid, how are things going with reconnecting with Van?" Sora walked at his side.

"Your brother's a real pain," Cid rolled the toothpick. "He keeps moving around too much."

"At least he's moving around," Sora nodded. "Please keep working on it."

"Got it, munchkin," Cid ruffled his hair before leaving. The only people left without anything to do were Demyx, Namine, Sora, Riku, and you. Zexion and Yuffie were planning something in the corner of the room involving birds and running.

"Now since we still have the problem with the defense of both the city and [Name]," Sora clapped his hands together. "Namine, Me, and Riku will be the ones guarding [Name] while Demyx finds the hole."

"Wait, what?" Demyx shouted next to you. You rolled your eyes feeling his voice send a new wave of pain through your head.

"One of us has to at least be in the palace to work, one of us will go look for the hole with you, and the other takes a break with [Name]," Sora explained. "We'll take shifts until either you or Zexion get home."

"I guess," Demyx nodded.

"Are you alright with that [Name]?" Sora spoke softer.

You nodded.

"Great!" he smiled his dorky grin. "We'll start tomorrow. Bye." Sora quickly ushered Riku out and Namine followed after.

"I only wanted to see a bloody meteor shower," you groaned, feeling the pain force you to sleep. "I never asked to be in some King Arthur round table things meets badass royalty."

"None of us did," Demyx sighed before patting yoru shoulder. "Best thing to do know is just go with it."

"I guess," you yawned. "Night, Dem."

"Afternoon, [Name]."

The curtains closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 117 13
A collection of Kingdom Hearts original stories, oneshots, and reader-inserts I do in my spare time. The first chapter is the request board and the T...
41.3K 1.4K 30
In your past home you were abused, depressed, anorexic, you self harmed... Everything was going to hell after your mother passed away. You didn't thi...
87K 2.1K 50
The third book in the Seasons Series begins. Things seem to cool down as Christmas approaches, and what better way to spend the holidays then with yo...
10.1K 60 6
Ever curious to know what would happen if you got sick, and Xemnas had to take care of you? Or what if your professor Axel had an obvious interest in...