Lost Soul

Af Enigma-Writer

I wouldn't call myself your typical 16-year-old high school girl. Some girls won't wear white because of the... Mere

New Home (1)
Just A Pebble (3)
Head Case (4)
Limo of Glory (5)
The Schedule (6)
Déjà vu (7)
Raven (8)
A Psyco in Psycology (9)
Too Smart (10)
Rubix Cube (11)
Secrets (12)
Secrets (12.5)
Lovers (13)
Spunk (15)
Facing The Music (16)
Balls Of Steel(17)
A Baby Carrot (18)
1-800 Scotland (19)
A Drop of Trust (20)
Tanker (21)
Russia Times Two (22)
Guns Times Two (23)
Bloodlust (24)
Horney Flies (25)
Wifey (26)
Reunited (27)

Strange Boys (2)

9.9K 568 25
Af Enigma-Writer

       The snow crunches under my feet as I make my way down the porch and onto the pathway. Before I disappear into the trees, I look back at my new place of residence. My newly acquired home isn't small by any means and even has an upstairs I strolled through only once to make sure I didn't have any extra roommates. The cabin is simple with a warm vibe despite its run-down appearance. It's also incredibly far from any stores, towns, or civilizations in general-unless you have a different form of transportation other than walking. The structure was deeply hidden in the woods and couldn't be located unless specifically sought out. It was exactly what I didn't know I needed.

      Turning away from my abode, I stuff my stiff hands into the pockets of my long winter coat in attempts to keep them unfrosted. The trees arch around the narrow-cobbled pathway that leads to the main gravel clearing. The cradle-like structure of the trees is oddly comforting. It's almost as if they, too, wish to hide me from the world. I continue my walk down the curvy path that makes seeing the house, even in winter, impossible. With trees hovering overhead and the harsh wind that threatens to blow me over, I hunch my shoulders and tighten my coat around me. The effort goes unrewarded as some holes make themselves known thanks to a certain feline. Despite the chill, I hike on.

       I finally reach the gravel clearing that's blanketed by snow. The clearing was originally supposed to be for multiple vehicles, I use it to gaze up at the stars. The lack of light makes the view at night impeccable. Lilah and I frequently venture down here at night together to enjoy the twinkling lights. There is something magical about listening to thousands of crickets' chirp while the fireflies sing silent songs with light. Their 'singing' always gets rudely interrupted by Lilah, as he seems to think they'd make a mean midnight snack.

       I continue my walk through the clearing and out into the wide opening that leads to the main road. No cars have ever been seen taking this long road since there are at least four other faster ways to get to Moons Academy, or anywhere for that matter. The first two weeks I parked my cold bum behind a particularly large oak tree in the shadows and observed the desolate road. I am not exaggerating when I say not a single human made vehicle besides the mail man set tires on there. It was boring but rewarding.

       My fingers retrieve my phone and double check the time while simultaneously doing some quick math. Moons Academy starts at 8:00 a.m. It takes one hour to get there on foot at my normal walking pace thanks to the trial run I did just last week. If it weren't for my situation and love for nature, I would have stayed at one of the dorms in the academy. My full ride scholarship included everything from a place to stay, to lunch, to books, and obviously my courses. This prestigious high school was made for the wealthy. The price for a simple salad at this place makes me balk but for all I know, that could be relatively normal.

       My mother made me get a job when I turned eleven as I was never allowed to attend public school after elementary. She didn't like the 'uselessly intrusive questions' they asked her when I would show up to class looking half-starved and disheveled. I worked under the table as an almost janitor for a run-down bar that had more blood stains than booze. The owner, a sleezy looking man in his late forties, was more than willing to accommodate a malnourished minor working after close--as long as I did my duties with my head down and mouth shut. Whenever I was forced to venture out before the bar closed, many of the remaining men would latch their beady eyes on my brittle form. They would get a kick out of purposely dropping their silverware or mugs on the sticky tike so I would have to clean up the mess. Not even a year later, I had to take up a second and even third job as my oh-so-caring mother demanded since they spend all my well-earned money on drugs and alcohol.

       Even young and naïve, I knew that I had to get away sooner or later. There was simply no way I could have survived their mistreatment. Saving a few dollars here and there was almost impossible for my young mind to handle. There was always that small sliver of hope I held onto that maybe this time, the money was enough for mother and father's love, maybe after this beating mother and father would hold me in their arms and comfort me, maybe this time it will finally be enough to garner some kind of forgiveness or love. Hope made me weak in those moments of determination.

       After all those years of working and pocketing away spare change, my determination finally paid off. I was able to scurry out of those monsters' clutches five years later with a few grand, and a broken heart after leaving two pieces of my soul behind. The two pieces that kept me together when things got too hopeless.

       All the money I saved now goes towards food and grocery expenses. Oh, and let's not forget the electricity and phone bill I pay monthly. It was all luck when I found an old envelope containing the utility provider used by the previous homeowners and I was able to make a quick bank transfer to my cabin up and running.

       A gust of wind slaps my already burning face, making my body shiver and pulling me out of my own depressing thoughts. I only now realize the school expects me to wear a skirt and black, knee-high socks like it's a totally normal thing in the middle of winter. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the Moons Academy's uniforms, but I'm not exactly warming up to the idea of wearing skirts in the middle of winter without leggings.

       At least the colors are appealing with the skirt having a woolly texture and is a heavy royal blue with a pearl white checkered design. Fitting, I think. The matching blazer that displays the proud 'Moons Academy' crest on my left breast truly gives that 'rich kid school' feel.

       Under the blazer, a silky, white laced tank top peaks out and skims the top if my collar bones. My cursed long legs make the space between the white wool socks and my skirt and inch too big for my liking making it even more difficult hide some of the more...unsavory scars from view.

       A grueling thirty minutes pass on my 'great adventure' when I hear the disguisable loud rumble of an engine. Confusion swamps me for a split second, the mail came yesterday-right? My breathing picks up as I begin to panic.

       Did they find me? Are they going to take me back?

       The sound continues to get louder as the vehicle closes in. A shiver wracks through my body, my blood pounds in my ears, and it takes everything in me not to drive headfirst into the snow-filled ditch like Michael Phelps. Forging frigid oxygen into my burning lungs, I jerk my head to the left. I'm left practically gaping at the sleek black limousine hurtling towards me. The closer it gets, I come to realize that that is no regular limo. No—that monstrosity has the largest, spikiest tires known to man, the windows are completely tinted, and--

       Are those metal spikes on the rims? And who drives a freakin' monster limo on a road that has more potholes than cement?

       I snap my head forward and stare at my feet as my pace goes from a leisure stroll to a bisque 'trying to not look like I'm panicking' pancaking walk. Don't look I chant, you don't need to be kidnaped today Sang, especially not by any snobby rich guy either. To be fair, it wouldn't be the worst way to go out, but I didn't survive seventeen gruesome years of hell to get taken out by some rich Jack the Ripper Wanna-Be.

       Of course, my internal prayers fall on deaf ears as the black monstrosity slows down. Right. Next. To. Me. My curiosity begs me to look, but fear has me staring down the road like the gray and white scenery is the most magical sight in the world.

       The slow whooshing of a window almost breaks my staring contest with a particularly fascinating twig and rock duo, but I remain steadfast in my one-sided competition. "Need a ride country bumpkin?" A deep and gruff voice asks making me stiffen.

       Mother has always warned me about men. She would beat the idea into my head that they were all evil, slimy creatures that would lure me on the path to sin. She would know. They were only after one thing and one thing only. And unfortunately, so far, she hasn't been far off.

       My trip down better forgotten memory lane had my mind skip over the insult that was just thrown at me. Country bumpkin...really? I'm clearly wearing a well-known Moons Academy uniform. Sure, most of it is hidden under a ratty old coat, but he doesn't know that I could be some rich millionairess.

       Okay, I'm not but a girl can dream...

       The insult is easily brushed aside, but my unsated curiosity is not. With the mind of their own, my eyes glance to the left and see a guy around my age hanging halfheartedly out the window with both arms crossed over his shoulders, supporting his head like he doesn't have a care in the world that he could fall out of a slowly moving vehicle. The oversized tires makes him eye level with me. The shine of his two black lip rings catches the light of the emerging sun my hind brain helpless to think anything other than; Ohhh, shiny.

       Dragging my eyes away from his lips was harder than I would ever admit to, but I'm not at all disappointed when I find the face of a very handsome stranger lazily staring back at me. Two blond locks of hair frame his assessing bright sky-blue eyes that are framed by dark luscious lashes. His pierced brow arches as the silence continues. "Well?" he asks. I don't fail to notice the flash of silver that glints when he opens his mouth.

       I'm brought out of my stupor when I start to hear whispers.

       "Gabe! Don't be rude!" A smooth voice reprimands.

       Mr. Piercings and bad attitude breaks eye contract only look back and scoff ,"Oy," he spits, " you're the fucktards who wanted me to fuckin' ask ya' ass hats! The rich bitch is wearing that goddamn uniform anyway under that hideous coat. She can fuckin' afford her own damn limo!"

       It takes everything in me not to bust out laughing like a loon at this. Entitled. Little. Boy. I give into a small lip twitch of victory though, Ha! I can sooo pass as a millionairess! Even with a well-worn coat Gabe--thank you very much.

       The boy named Gabe finishes his rant with another few artistically placed curses, and a final scuff to finish it off. I tried to hold it in I swear, but the situation is far from what I could have expected, and a small snort escapes. A wisp of air leaves my lips when I imagine his shock if he only knew I could barely afford food at this point. That sobers me.

       My snort was enough for Mr. Stick-Up-His-Butt apparently. Gabe snaps his head back to me with narrowed eyes that turn them into slits. He opens his mouth, about to cuss me out no doubt, when a deep voice cuts in.

       "Ignoring him isn't going to do you any good, Aggle." It takes me only seconds to translate the language I learned four years ago. No, I answer silently, it's going to do me just fine, ellinikó agóri. Another voice chimes into the one-sided conversation, "Yeah, it's way too cold to be walking out here dressed like that!" The much peppier voice cuts in.

       I physically roll my eyes at the comment. Well, excuse me for respecting my school and wearing the required uniform! They can suck my--I take a deep breath before I spiral into a fit of bottled-up rage. I will not allow this, of all things, to send me into crazy town I vow.

       Having enough, I halt and spin to glare at the handsome yet rude specimen in front of me only to be startled when the previous headache is replaced by long, blond, beach waved hair and a bright white smile. I'm dumbfounded as the most beautiful, brown eyes I have ever seen, shine back with heartachingly happiness. His eyes remind of chocolate! Ooh, how I loved the taste of chocolate. His eyes crinkle at the edges creating crow's feet--like he smiles far too wide far too often while his deep-set dimples beckon me to flash him a smile of my own.

       Spoiler-I don't.

       My perusal is once again interrupted by that mysterious Greek man, "Aggle, why don't you come out of the cold for a bit, yes?" I can't help but peer over the surfer with eyes of chocolate that now seem to be glazed over while simultaneously still gazing at me, and spot a huge man sitting with his legs spread out and arms crossed over the Moons Academy colors and logo. I'd like to say I was flabbergasted that these rude obtrusive men go to the same privileged academy I will be attending...but...I'm not—not in the slightest.

       My eyes dart dart over his massive arms, to his thick brown hair which is shorn short in the sides but hangs loosely over his eyes. The giant's head practically skims the roof! Every slight bump on this sad excuse of a road must be like a punch to the brain for the poor guy. His olive skin seems to bring out his deep, sea blue eyes. His thick, plump lips are turned up in the corners as if he is simply too relaxed to give a full smile. He is, without a doubt, the biggest man I have ever seen. His uniform squeaks as he shifts slightly in his seat-like even his clothing has a hard time containing all that muscle. The smooth voice cuts in once more, "Luke," a deep sigh, "please stop staring at the poor thing, she clearly isn't comfortable with this situation—or us for that matter."

       A baritone voice adds; "Kota's right guys. Let's just settle down and at least try and have a polite conversation. She could be the daughter of one of father's important investors"

       My forehead crinkles, this is getting ridiculous.

       "Oy! Shut the hell up Victor. Let's just leave her little ass and get the fuck to school," Gabe rages from inside the tank on wheels. "Nates gonna be all pissy if we don't get there the fuck soon!"

       I study the interior of the 'limo' and spot, who I assume is the one called Kota. He's sitting on the left side of the Greek giant and the one who I assume is named Victor sits on his left. Kota seems confusing to me. His black rimmed glasses and neatly styled coffee-colored hair makes for an almost nerdy and shy appearance while his crossed legs, pristine uniform, and folded hands-on top of his right knee juxtapose the whole 'I'm no threat' concept I'm sure he was trying to go for, yet his body language screams dominant and confident. A true wolf in sheep's clothing, that one.

       One word for these guys and this situation-Dangerous.

       And annoying.

       The other Model, as of course they must be rude and gorgeous, Victor, has eyes that bring even the fireflies' song to shame! The male looks refined and arrogant as he sits comfortably with his right ankle resting comfortably on his left knee while long fingers are carefully folded across his lap. He reminds me of a special little kitty at home that gives off the same energy.

       Ah, I realize, so this is the real owner of the limo. Not hard to see the complete and utter wealth that practically drips off his name brand watch and the ease in which he sits in such luxury.

       It's almost disgusting how gorgeous these men are. I bet they have five girlfriends...each.

       A cleared throat yanks my eyes to Kota who looks at me thoughtfully, almost like is trying to figure out a math problem. "Sweetie-" adjusting his glasses, he continues "- it's much too cold and windy out for you to be walking to school. Why don't we give you a lift? Perhaps you could call your driver to pick you up?" Kota reasons.

       Yes of course! I think, let me just get a hold of Tony my personal driver Kota, what was I thinking? Silly me.

       Not being able to see Gabe doesn't mean he's not there as he politely reminds me. "It's not a fucking question. Just get the fuck in so we stop wasting everyone's damn time so we can waste it on courses we don't even need-" he cuts himself off in a surprising show or self-control. I almost applaud his efforts.

       Almost.

       Getting past the point of annoyance and verging in the territory of rage listening and being subjected to this man's rude attitude, I skim the tinted windows with my meanest scowl hoping he sees it through the black reflection.

       Oh, if only these boys knew what I've been through. A little wind and chill is nothing compared to my punishments. I'd gladly take this over my mother's homemade gas chamber any day. Made with love, of course. Being locked in a bathroom with a bucket of bleach and ammonia while you slowly begin to suffocate and pass out is not exactly a walk through the snow. Of course, I was more concerned about the mess I would have to eventually clean up while I drifted in and out of consciousness. Anything to get through the day, right?

       Thank God those days are over, for now at least.

       "Aggle," The Greek mans worried voice wearily asks, "you still with us?"

       My eyes focus back on the current problem and notice all the faces filled with concerned and curious expressions. Even the one called Gabe leaned over and seems to be at a loss for cuss words. He tilts his head and looks at me like he actually sees me for the first time.

       I shake my head, indicating I don't need their concern or free gas. I spin a thorough 90-degrees, and continued my march down the road, not bothering to look back.

       I should have known they couldn't take a hint.  

--------------------

YAY! I'm rewriting these chapters so I actually know what's going on in my own story! I doubled my word count for this chapter.

Enjoy! 

*smiles awkwardly*

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

25K 1.5K 31
Ghost Bird Series Fanfiction Sang Sorenson attends Ashley Waters High School. Or, as some people like to call it, Hell. To make it worse, most of the...
242K 15.9K 59
"I always dreamed someone would come and save me. If not from my parents, maybe they'd save me from myself," Marie admitted to him. Marie Sorenson...
188K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
161K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...