Children of the Ark ✔️

By FlatMatesForLife

Every three years a group of two-hundred teens get sent to Earth. After spending two years on Earth, you can... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Ten

148 21 9
By FlatMatesForLife

+-+ TRIGGER WARNING +-+

(Someone does commit suicide in this chapter, so please do not read it if you are affected by this kind of stuff. If you do want to keep reading, but not read the part with suicide, then I will put *** before it. It is at the end of the chapter so just skip to the next chapter once it is out.)

We decided to keep on walking towards the area where there are no Clans, we figured that Uriah and Asher would have gone this way, seeing as it was them that thought we should go this way. I was walking in front with Jess, Zoe was behind us and Jett and Amelia were behind Zoe.

"How do you think Zoe is doing?" I ask Jess.

"I don't know, but I know I would be quite bummed if you had stolen stuff and left me in the night." She replies.

"Yeah that is true. How are you doing since we got down? Even though it hasn't quite been a full day yet." 

"I actually feel a lot better than I thought I would. I thought that the second we landed, we would be dragged into the Clan war or some mutant animal attacks us just as we got out of the shuttle or even we all suddenly turned on each other and started an all out brawl." 

"I had similar thoughts too. I'm not sure if I told you that my parents said that neither Amelia or I will survive the two years." 

"Wait they said WHAT?" She said stopping and turning to face me.

"Yeah, well my mum said it, but my dad just said encouraging stuff... I think, I can't really remember that far back." I say and we keep walking.

"Well I guess I am now taking on the duty of making sure you two survive the two years to go back onto the Ark." 

"But what if we don't want to go back onto the Ark?" 

"Then your parents can think you two died."

"But I also want to prove them wrong, that both Amelia and I can survive down here."

"Well, sorry, but I don't know how to help you with that. Maybe you can send someone up with a message?" 

"I wonder what our families and friends are doing? My parents are probably going to work or are working."

"Yeah, my parents are probably doing the same. Possibly still sad that their daughter has been sent to Earth."

There is silence between us. All we can hear is the crunching of twigs and leaves beneath our boots and the hushed talk between Amelia and Jett.

"I wonder what is going to happen to us in the next two years. Will we die, will we survive, will we get caught up in the Clan war."

"Who knows what could happen." 

From that, neither of us bring up something new to talk about. We had been walking for a few hours and I realised how hungry I was. It was already lunch time and we didn't eat breakfast because we were too riled up about Uriah and Asher leaving.

"Let's stop and get something to eat since we basically skipped on breakfast." I suggest.

We all plop our bags down and we get out three can for us five to share. One was corn, the other two were peaches.

"Yum, corn and peaches for breakfast. While everyone on the Ark gets bacon and pancakes and fruit!" Jett mutters and Amelia shushes him.

We all just shovel our share of the food into our mouths and then we all just sit there. Nobody wanting to move. 

"Why did Uriah and Asher leave us?" Zoe whispers.

"No idea, but when we find them, we can do whatever you want." I say with a small smile.

"I just hope that they are okay." She says.

"Yeah, we all do." 

"I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen any mutant animals yet. We haven't even been attacked by birds." Jess says while lookin up at the trees.

"Don't jinx us." I laugh.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit surprised."

"Well it has only been one day since we landed. So anything could happen in the next couple of hours or days." Amelia joins.

"True true." Jess replies.

"I just hope it's not anytime soon." Jett says picking at some grass.

We hear some branches snap behind us and I surprised myself by whipping out one of my guns and aiming it in the direction of the noise. 

"Hello?" I say, not trying to sound scared, but I'm not sure if it worked or not.

I don't hear a reply, but I keep my gun out just incase. Bushes start rustling when someone comes out and has blood all over their clothes. I can't see their face because their hair is blocking it, but it reminds me of someone. 

"Asher!" Zoe yells before running up to him and hugging him. "Where's Uriah?"

Asher just looks at us with a blank stare.

"He's dead." He whispers.

"Wh-what do you mean he's dead?" Zoe whimpers.

"I MEAN HE'S NOT ALIVE ANYMORE!" Asher yells at her and starts crying with Zoe joining him.

"What happened? How did he die?" Jess asks, but Asher just shakes his head.

"Asher, you need to tell us what happened. Is there another group aroung here? Or it is a mutant animal? Where is our stuff? We need to know Asher." I notice that he doesn't have anything on him. 

"Just leave him alone Bastien." Zoe says with tears streaming down her face.

We all decide to give them some alone time, so we sit far enough to give them privacy, but close enough to keep an eye on them.

"I wonder what happened to Uriah." Jess says.

"Yeah. Did anyone else notice that he didn't have anything on him? All of their stuff was gone." I point out.

"Maybe they came across a group of people and they took their stuff and Uriah died in the process." Amelia looks at the ground and starts playing around with the dirt and leaves.

"I also wonder who or what's blood that is on him, because he doesn't seem to be injured." I look back over at Asher and Zoe huddled together.

"I think that we should go and see if Asher can take up to where Uriah was killed. Or maybe he will tell us how he died." Jess suggests. 

"Maybe, let just wait until he's ready to talk." I say and we sit in silence after that, waiting for Asher to be ready to talk.

After what seems to be an hour, Zoe comes over to us while Asher was still hugging his legs.

"He's ready to talk." She sniffs. Her eyes are red and puffy from crying.

"Thank you." Jess says with a smile and we walk over to where Asher is.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I ask him.

"I'm okay thanks. So what do you want to know?" He asks.

"Well, we want to know what happened to Uriah, and where it happened." I say.

"Okay, well, we decided to leave the group, now I regret that decision, but we thought it was a good idea at the time. We didn't want to tell any of you guys just in case someone wanted to come with us. Uriah said that we should take some extra food and protection. I couldn't convince him to not take your knives, but I managed to convince him to not take one of your guns. So we left not long after you had fallen asleep, and we had been walking for an hour or so before we were attacked by a mutant panther," I heard Jess and Amelia gasp. "The panther leapt at Uriah, I took out my rifle and shot at it, but it didn't do much since I have horrible aim. Uriah was just holding it off, but it started clawing at his face and arms. I could hear his screams, but I couldn't do anything about it, so I just ran. I had left my pack somewhere, I don't remember where I dropped it. I ended up just aimlessly wandering around and I happened to run back into you guys." He finishes, tears welling up in his eyes threatening to spill.

"I am so sorry that happened to you." Jess whispered.

"Do you think you could take us to where it happened? Maybe we can find the stuff?" I ask.

"What if the panther comes back? What if it attacks us?" Jess argues, she is right though, but I still think that we should go and find the stuff. 

"Then we have to be prepared to kill it." I say while putting my gun back into it's holster.

I go and get my pack and get ready to leave. While the others are just starting to pack up their stuff. once everyone is ready, I signal for Asher to lead us to where Uriah was killed. I decide to keep one of my pistols in my hand, ready to shoot at anything that threatens us. We had been walking for around an hour, but I was still on high alert. Waiting to see if the panther was still lurking around. Asher stops walking and I can tell that around here is where Uriah was killed. I go and stand next to Asher and see that there is a puddle of blood. It must be Uriah's.

"Is that..." I falter and Asher just nods his head. "Well atleast we haven't seen the panther yet." A small "yeah" came from Asher as he turns and walks a little bit away from the scene.

"I wonder where his body is. There doesn't seem to be a blood trail and the panther wouldn't have just picked up the body and carried it away." Jess says and I have a look around to see if there are any clues as to where, the remains, of Uriah's body could be.

"Do you believe him?" I hear Amelia ask me quietly.

"What?" 

"Do you believe the story Asher told us?" she asks again.

"Well we don't know what happened to Uriah so Asher's word is the best at the moment." 

"Yeah, but what if he's lying? Uriah always used him and pushed him around. What if he just snapped?" I take a side look at Asher and I can see him looking somewhere into the trees.

"Are you saying that he killed him?" I ask.

"Yeah possibly. That would explain the blood on his clothes. In his story, he didn't get anywhere near the supposed fight between the panther and Uriah." 

"I think you might be right, but don't tell the others until we know for sure. We need to find a body first." I say quietly to her and she nods and goes back to look with Jett. 

I go away from the group a little bit and I try to keep out of sight from Asher, but keeping him in my sight. I want to head in the direction that he is looking because something might be there. 

"Asher are you okay?" I hear Zoe ask him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He says quietly, I could only just hear him from where I was.

"Do you want to come and help look for clues to where the body is?" She asks him and he peels his eyes from the direction I'm about to search in.

"Yeah okay." He says and walks back to the ground with her.

I quickly scurry over and I walk around quietly trying to find anything. The further I go away from the group, the more I start to think that maybe Asher wasn't hiding anything over here, or even hiding anything at all. I was about to give up when I saw a backstrap poking out beneath some bushes.

"Hello?" I whisper. "Is anyone there?" 

I hear no reponse so I quietly sneak up to the bush and push the leaves apart. 

"What the..." I say. I pull out two packs. I take a look in them and find that it is all of the stuff of ours that was missing. I just couldn't find my knife that they took. I decide to walk back to the group with the two packs.

"Guys! Look what I found." I say as I throw the two packs onto the ground. I could see slight panic in Asher's face. He has to have done something otherwise he wouldn't have looked scared.

"You found the packs!" Zoe says happily.

"Yeah, hidden in a bush." 

"Maybe he just threw it in there so that nobody could find them." She reply.

"Yeah, but why would Uriah's pack be here as well. Wouldn't it have been on him when he was attacked by the panther?" I argue.

"What? Are you saying that Uriah wasn't killed by a panther?" 

"Yes. I am saying that I do not think that Uriah was killed by a panther." 

"How could you? You have no proof what-so-ever that shows that he killed Uriah."

"Fine, if you don't believe me, then I will find his body and prove it to you." I say walking back off in the direction that I found the bags in.

"Why doesn't she believe me. I'm sure that the others believe me right." I mutter to my self as I kick some sticks in frustration. "I knew I couldn't trust those two. Always dissappearing off by themselves." 

After walking around for fifteen minutes, I decide to head back. When I make it back to the group everyone is looking at me waiting for me to say something.

"I. I didn't find anything." I look at the ground.

"See I told you that he was telling the truth." Zoe says with pride in her voice.

"You have no proof that Uriah was killed by a panther!" I yell at her.

That's when I see something drop from above us and land in the puddle of blood on the ground in front of us. I slowly look up and I am horrified by what I see.

"Oh my god." I mutter while backing up.

"What?" The others say before all looking up as well. Zoe and Amelia scream at the sight of Uriah's body dangling above us, while the rest of us quickly move away. All of us are shocked.

***

We all just stare at his hanging body except for Asher. I notice that my knife has been lodged into Uriah's back. That's when I realise that Asher must have killed Uriah, but just before I can look back at Asher, someone takes one of my guns out of it's holster. I turn to face the person who took it and it was Asher. He was pointing the gun right at my head.

"Asher, what are you doing?" I ask gently. The others notice and look towards us and I hear a few gasps from them.

"I had to kill him." He said. His voice was shaking and so were his hands. "I had to do it. He was getting so annoying and I was sick of him using me and pushing me around like he did. Always expecting me to do whatever he says and follow him around everywhere. I just got sick of it. So I had to do something. I have been waiting to be sent to the ground with him so that I could finally do something about it." You could see tears streaming down his face.

"Asher, just put the gun down." I put my hands out towards him and slowly start shuffling forward.

"When he asked me to go and take your things, I knew that I had to do something. I had to! I had no other choice!" He pleads. "I was waiting for the right moment and that moment came when we were right here. He had his guard down and I had a knife ready in my hand. So I did it." He whispered. "I killed Uriah. I know I shouldn't have and it is going to have some kind of punishment."

"Asher. Just put the gun down, we can talk about it as a group." I can hear Zoe say. I move a bit closer towards him, but he still has the gun aimed at my head.

"I can't do it. I can't do it anymore." He repeats this a few more times before he turns the gun on himself.

"Asher what are you doing?" I stop moving. Too afraid that if I move any closer, he is going to pull the trigger on himself.

"I'm sorry." he whispers before he puts the gun in his mouth.

"ASHER! NO!" I hear Zoe scream before a loud bang filled the air.

And Asher's body fell to the ground.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

 A/N: WOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH WHHHHAAAAAATT? TWO DEATHS IN ONE CHAPTER? I actually have no idea why I killed them both off. I guess it just came to me as a good idea for the story... ANYWAYS! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and were not attached to Uriah or Asher, not that you should have been. Atleast I wasn't...

Also! Go and check out Sent To Earth, but in Zoe's perspective!! @FlatMatesForLifeTwo is writing it, who is my friend Zoe who I based the character Zoe off. So go and check that out!

Remember to vote if you like my story, and comment things that I could improve on or things that you liked! Follow me if you want to get updates for the story whenever I post a new chapter and hopefully I will be posting more during the next few months or so!

-FlatMatesForLife

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sidereal By Clary Frost

Science Fiction

1K 96 26
{COMPLETED} Samantha hasn't touched Earth in 16 years. She has always dreamt of finding her biological family on Earth and meeting them for the firs...
72 5 20
It's the year 2138 and a war is raging upon earth. A shortage of resources has made the government and rich greedy, keeping materials for themselves...
357 73 63
Twenty years after the end of the Cyborg War, the last cyborgs try to hijack a starship on its way to terraform an alien world. They want the new col...
161 9 9
In a world where if you get sent to the dungeons, your deemed a most wanted criminal. If you manage to escape with your life, people can legally exec...