Can't Spell Love Without L (A...

By NanallySakii

During those times of reflection and struggling to heal herself from her painful past, Amaryllis discovered t... More

Can't Spell Love Without L [Prologue]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 1]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 2]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 3]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 4]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 5 part one]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 5 part two]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 5 part three]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 6]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 7]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 8]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 9]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 1 - Page 10]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 2]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 1]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 2]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 3]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 4]
Can't Spell Love Without L: Christmas Special
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 6]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 7]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 8]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 9]
Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 10]

Can't Spell Love Without L [Epilogue]

6.1K 328 115
By NanallySakii

EDIT:  This marks the end of the story. I will not be able to write the other because my laptop went crazy and deleted my unsaved chapter, which is very long. DX

AN: This is the last chapter of this story.

I would like to say thank you for all of my readers, especially the people here in Wattpad (I've posted this story too in deviantART, but discontinued). 

Dedicated to my forever co-writer who never left me, especially during the times when I first wrote my ever first Death Note story :D (Truth or Falsehood: A Beyond Birthday Story of Escape :D) I love you so much, Damien. :)

Here it goes!~

--

Epilogue

--

Two weeks prior to waking of Amaryllis...

--

Light cracked his eyes open, his vision quickly adjusting at the light blue glow of the room. He blinked repeatedly and closed his eyes. He was so tired.

It was suddenly so good to sleep.

He was about to get some more when the door opened, and a man in white robe entered. Light couldn’t make out the features of the man: he was wearing a pair of glasses, a medical mask, white gloves and green hair net similar to those who visit a patient. His forehead wrinkled minutely, the confusion in his face obvious. He didn’t know this man.

“...Yagami Light?”

He tried to sit up to at least get a better view, but his sudden tensing petrified his body. It was as if his whole system went numb with just one movement.

“Please do not move if you are unable to. Your wounds are far from healed, and might cause further infection and pain. I advise that you remain still for the mean time. Your doctor will arrive within a few minutes.”

The man briefly looked at the clipboard that was resting at the foot of the bed before quickly signing it. He placed it back, nodded at him and turned around to leave.

The brunet sighed when the mysterious man left. He should at least said something. But just like what happened back at Wammy's before the warehouse bombing, Rue told him not to speak or move because further pain awaits.

The sense of deja vu was strong, and it made Light frown a bit.

His musings were interrupted when the door opened again, and another man entered. He was taller than the one that left recently, and despite the glasses in his eyes, he could still see the ebony eyes glowing.

"...Ryuzaki?"

The masked man stiffened, but gradually slacked. What confused Light more was when the man giggled slightly, which turned into soft laughter.

"...what?"

He smiled. "I'm not Ryuzaki. But I'm surprised that you identified me as him." The man took off his glasses, his obsidian orbs smiling. "It's Rue. I just thought I would need to use contact lenses so the hospital staff won't freak out with my eyes."

Light stared at him for a moment, then shrugged lightly. "What happened?"

"Eh? Well, when the warehouse blew up, Ryuzaki raid inside and dragged the two of you out. It's good that the warehouse had a fire exit, although it was kind of useless since he tumbled down and fell down the stairs. Misa fainted inside due to lack of oxygen, and you were also unconscious because a falling debris fell on your back. Your spinal cord was struck, but I don't see anything serious."

"Oh..."

Silence descended between the two of them, until Light asked again.

"Where's Misa?"

"She's asleep on the other room. Ryuzaki told me how you injected her with a paralyzing drug." He smirked. "That's quite evil, no?"

Light glared at him, but failed in hiding the blush forming in his cheeks. "...How is she?"

"She's fine now. Although she acquired a few burns, that will easily heal in time. Like I said earlier, nothing serious happened."

"...How is Amaryllis?"

Rue looked at him with a blank face, and Light guessed that he won't answer. So he just shrugged, a signal that he's not really expecting any answers from him.

"She's alright."

Light looked at him, waiting for any follow up answers.

"Her wounds are slowly closing, which we are thankful, because if it won't, a skin surgery will be needed. The wounds are too big and the presence of isopropyl alcohol was no help at all. It was a pain in cleaning it. Some of the nurses gave up when Ryuzaki told them what really happened to her. Apparently, they have weak stomachs. But she's fine now. No need to worry."

The news made Light sigh in contentment, and he happilly closed his eyes in order for them to rest. The glow produced by the dim light of the afternoon was making him hazy.

"Do you still love her?"

He snapped his eyes open. "What?"

"Amaryllis, I mean."

"... ..."

"You don't need to answer, anyway. I won't force you."

"...I don't."

"... ..."

"It's just...after all the troubles I gave her, I don't think she'll love me anymore. I'm not asking for it, anyway. But I wish...we could still be friends, so I could apologize to her without fearing to be kicked by Ryuzaki."

Rue smiled. "That's true. Oh well." He shoved his hands inside the pockets of his white robe.

It was Light's turn to smirk. "How about you, Rue? Don't you have any women to fight for?"

The red-eyed man's smiled didn't fade. "Actually, I have one right now. I'm having troubles with courting her, though."

Light frowned. "Who is that?"

"Now, now, that's gossiping, Light. Only girls do that." He replied, grinning madly. "I'll bring her when I'm done with making her fall in love with me."

The brunet's frowned morphed into another smirk. "I'm looking forward to it."

--

Three weeks later...

--

"WE'RE WHAT?!"

L snapped his eyes shut; the mixed voices of the two ladies startling his ears and almost gave him a heart attack. He cleared his throat and placed his thumb under his lower lip.

"It seems that the news I have spoken is a bolt from the blue, as Beyond would say," Rue suddenly glared at him. "I am not surprised; I myself couldn't believe it when I found out about it."

L called Amaryllis, Misa and Light to gather in the living room because he will be discussing an important matter. He stayed up until morning since he found out the true relationship between Misa and Amaryllis, and for that matter, there they are, screaming at him as though they had heard something perverted.

Oh well.

He cleared his throat and spoke. "I have found out that the two of you, Amaryllis Layfield and Misa Amane, are now proclaimed as sisters, from this day forward."

Silence.

L swallowed thickly, and scratched his itching toe with the other one.

No one was speaking.

The people that gathered inside the small room held their breaths, including him. When one minute and twenty five seconds passed, L's forehead wrinkled, and he tapped his kneecap with his index finger lightly, an indication that he wanted, even a negative one, any reaction.

He cleared his throat, but no one dared to speak.

The devastating silence annoyed him.

Beyond leaned in his ear and whispered roughly. "I bet you should at least explain the whole matter altogether."

He grunted, and silently shooed Beyond away. "Fine." He adjusted his legs and continued. "I have discussed Amane's situation, especially now that I couldn't let her go back to her aunt in Japan. I could sense something dangerous will happen if Miss Carmine would ever meet with Amane-san. So I asked Amy-chan's parents what should we do, and they are very much welcome to adopt Amane-san as their daughter. This sums up how the two of you are already sisters, biological or otherwise. After all, the adoption papers are already finished, and the process only took overnight."

More silence.

L's eyebrow twitched.

"...So how about if anyone says something?" He asked, annoyance showing.

Instead of a verbal response, Misa stood up and swiftly hugged him, the speed went unnoticed by him.

"...Thank you, Ryuzaki..."

L held his breath once the hug tightened, and he didn't fail to see that poisonous look that Amaryllis shot him. Obviously, the lady is far from amused.

"I-It's fine, Amane-san..."

Misa broke from the hug, but didn't let him go. She grasped his hands and happilly spoke. "Thank you so much! I couldn't believe it! I...I mean... after all the bad things I put you and Amaryllis into... You're still willing..to help..." At this point, Misa already broke into tears. Without a word, she hugged him again and leaned on his chest, a small smile adorning her lips. L sat there in an awkward position, while Light and Amaryllis glared at him, the deadly looks in their eyes are more than enough to sent him on the edge.

"...Amane-san, Light is looking..." he whispered.

"Oh!" She pushed herself away and looked sheepishly at Light, who put up a jealous expression. Same can be said for Amaryllis, and L gestured that she should be near and hug him too. With a pout, she complied and sat on the arm rest of the chair, her arms finding home in his neck and her chin resting on top of his head. Misa was now sitting on Light's lap, and the only one who doesn't have any partner was Beyond.

The two couples stared at him, both expecting him to react.

He did and cleared his throat.

"It seems that every one has his or her partners now. I would like to introduce to all of you mine." He pulled out his phone and speed-dialed one of the phones from the guest room. When someone answered, he immediately smiled.

"Hi honey! Will you be kind enough to come here at the sunroom? Don't worry, just walk down the same hallway. Oh, you're ready? Great! I'll be waiting here."

He closed the phone and smirked arrogantly at them, the two couples staring at him confusion.

There were soft footsteps from the hall, and the lithe frame of Naomi Misora appeared on the sunroom, shocking the all of them, except for Beyond, who just smiled at the new comer.

In return, Naomi shot them with a questioning look before gently sitting on Beyond's lap, looking up at the red-eyed man with what could have love.

Both Amaryllis and Misa stared at them with their jaws dropped, while Light and L wondered with wide eyes.

"So how about an explanation, Rue?" Misa hesitantly asked.

Rue's smile brightened, and he wrapped his lanky arms around their teacher way back in Japan.

"Shall we call Watari to bring in tea? I believe that this matter will need an hour of explanation." He said with a smirk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691 28 20
Sayu Yagami never thought she'd be anything special; just the little sister to the smartest guy in the world. Then everything changes when she is giv...
8.8K 208 22
THIS STORY IS ABANDONED!! What happens when your greatest enemy is also your best friend? What happens when your best friend is also your crush? What...
391K 11.4K 50
Light and (Y/N) are best friends since birth. Both are extremely smart and extremely childish. What will happen when Light starts acting strange and...
2.3K 84 14
A girl by the name of Dāku is friends with Light Yagami, though she doesn't know that he's the serial killer Kira. When L thinks that she's Kira what...