The Billionaire // H.S & S.G

By harlenaislife

They always tell you not to mix business with pleasure. Cover by @CelticLove Highest Ranking #19 in Fanf... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Epilogue
Thank You

80

10.1K 341 123
By harlenaislife

A/N: hey guys! hope you all are well! After reading your comments, I understand all of you are very angry after the last chapter. Haha. Sorry! If you like this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote! xxxx

Selena

Three months later

"I can't tonight Nina. I have to attend a wedding, I told you remember?"

Nina nods,"Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Well have fun okay?" Nina smiles at me.

I smile,"I plan to. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah let's get brunch or something?" Nina suggests.

"Done. I really should going now, I need to pick up the wedding gift on my way home it was coming in today and I need to get ready and stuff."

"Sure. Can't wait to hear how the wedding turns out. Who knows maybe you might meet a cute guy there." Nina says as she move to hug me.

I pull away and smile,"Haha maybe. Okay see you tomorrow. Bye!"

"Bye. Have fun!" Nina says and turns to walk the other way as I step into the elevator.

It's been three months since Harry so casually walked out of my life. I haven't seen him since nor have a I heard from him since then. A day after Harry dumped me I called Liam and asked him if I could get my old job back as I had no intention to face Harry everyday. Liam was kind enough to offer me a higher position than before and was quite happy to hear that I wanted to be back, even though he knew the real reason why I resigned to work under Harry but he was considerate enough not to bring it up at all.

And if anyone's wondering if I'm single, yes I am. Nina has tried to set me up with numerous guys but the spark just isn't there. I've even tried several dating apps like Tinder and Bumble but all the guys I met there were either just classic fuckboys or perverts. It's cool though, I'm busy with work and happy with my friends I don't need a man. Not really in need of a boyfriend right now. I'm good fam.

.....

Tonight I'm going to one of my college friend's wedding, Patricia's. Oh she's actually getting married to Kyle. I remember a few months ago while we were in Canada for the business trip Kyle was talking about his fiancé and showed me a picture of her. What a small world isn't it?

After my overly long shower, I change into my strapless, sliver floor-length lacy gown. I put on some golden hoop earrings and sliver high heels. I tie my hair up in a messy yet classy high bun. Other then that I just quickly apply my makeup as I was already running a little late, I don't want to miss the ceremony. That's the best part about weddings! At least in my opinion.

After I was done with attire, I lockup my apartment and rush downstairs to my car. I have to make a stop on my way to pick up their wedding present.

Shoot. I still have an hour but the venue is quite far away so I have no idea if I will make it in time. Ahhh.

As I step out of my car to pick up the wedding present I got strange looks from everyone nearby. I wonder why? Oh wait-I'm wearing a gown and overly dressed at a mall. I completely forgot about that.

Only if I would have just picked up the gift when I was coming back from work. I could have saved so much time, I could have even asked for them to deliver directly to my apartment.

Why am I so stupid? Seriously Stupid or forgetful should be my middle name.

.....

"Congratulations you two. Both of you look absolutely stunning!" I smile at the newly wedded couple.

"Thank you Selena. You look great as always. Thanks for coming." Patricia smiles at me.

"I wasn't going to miss your wedding, come on!" I joke.

"Well we should check up on everyone else." Patricia says.

"Yeah, yeah sure go ahead." I smile at them.

"You're not leaving so soon right?" Kyle asks.

"No. I'm still here for a little bit."

"We'll catch you later?" Kyle suggests.

"Sure." I smile at them as they move to hug me and then walk away. I'm happy for both of them, they make an adorable couple.

As I was walking towards the bathroom, I wasn't really looking ahead as I was texting my mom. Suddenly I crashed into a hard body and I felt something cold spill onto my covered stomach.

Shit. This was a brand new dress. I look down to see my torso covered with red wine. You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"I'm so terribly sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I hear am awfully familiar voice. No it can't be. I look up and confirm my suspicions to be correct. Standing in front of me was no other then the man who broke my heart in a million pieces-Harry Styles.

"Selena...." Harry says not breaking our gaze.

I quickly look away and focus my attention back to my now stained dress,"This is going to take weeks to get out. Fuck." I mumble to myself.

"I really am sorry." Harry says genuinely. For some reason, it doesn't seem like he's apologizing for the dress.

My head immediately shots up and I look Harry in the eye,"What exactly are you apologizing for Harry?"

"For alot of things. Including ruining your dress." Harry says, not breaking eye contact with me.

"It's fine. I'll clean it up. I was on my way to the bathroom anyways." I say and walk past him.

Harry holds onto my wrist and pulls me back,"Selena."

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Can we talk?" Harry asks.

"Harry, there's nothing to talk about. I'll get the dress clean. Don't worry about it."

Harry looks at me intensely,"Selena, please can we talk?"

"Harry. Let me go. I don't want to talk to you about anything." I say rather loudly and look around to see people staring at us.

"Please just hear me out Selena." Harry says raising his voice.

"Harry, you're making a scene. Let me go." I whisper as I struggle with his strong grip. He wasn't hurting me but he was holding on tightly making sure I couldn't escape. Harry looks around once and then starts walking pulling me along with him.

"Harry. What are you doing? Where are you taking me? Just let me go. This is harassment you know that right?" I try to free myself from his grip as Harry just continues to walk ahead.

Harry walks inside a bathroom and pulls me along with him and locks the door. He lets go of my hand and I immediately rush to the door but Harry stands in front of it and blocks it.

"Harry, what the hell? Move out of the way so I can leave." I glare at him.

"Selena please. I just want you to hear me out. That's all I'm asking." Harry pleads.

"I don't want to hear anything Harry. I don't care. Can't you just let me be in peace? Haven't you already done enough Harry?" The last sentence comes out in a weaker tone.

Harry looks at me with guilt and moves towards me causing me to further move backwards,"Don't. Please." I whisper. I was no longer in control of my emotions and I was going to explode any minute.

"Selena..."

"What could you possibly even say Harry to make me feel better? You broke me. You walked out of my life so easily and acted as if I was the crazy one who thought of our relationship as something special. You acted as if I meant nothing to you. You left me when I needed you the most and you didn't even bother with a proper explanation and now you want to explain yourself? You can't just play with me like that Harry. You can't do that to me. You can't." I yell at Harry and now the tears were streaming down my face.

Harry moves towards me and rests his arms onto my waist,"I'm so sorry." Harry whispers.

I move closer to him and rest my arms on his chest,"I fucking hate you. You fucking broke me. You fucking left me. You're a fucking asshole. I hate you." I didn't even realize that I was punching Harry on his chest repeatedly while sobbing. Harry just held onto to me and let me finish.

"I'm so sorry. I know sorry won't fix anything but can you just give me a chance to hear me out? I don't expect anything from you, I just want you to hear me out and after that if you want I'll be out of your life forever. I'll be gone for good. You won't ever have to see me again. Please Selena. Just once." Harry pleads.

I take in a deep breath and move away from Harry. I wipe the dry tears from my cheeks and look at Harry,"Go ahead." I whisper.

"Selena, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me in a while. I don't think I can ever love anyone the way I love you and I don't think anyone can ever love and appreciate me the way you do. I have never been happier then when I'm with you. You're my world and I don't think I will ever stop loving you. We were happy. Everything was going great. Everything was perfect. I had planned everything in my mind, we would move in together and maybe in a few years we could start a family and Millie can have some brothers and sisters running around the house." Harry smiles to himself,"Until. The night of our anniversary. When you fainted in my arms. A few days after that the doctors told me you have been diagnosed with Lupus and I just couldn't. I couldn't help but think it was all my fault. After all everyone I fell in love with something bad happened to them. I spent so many days blaming myself for everything. What if I had never met Amber or what if Amber and I didn't work out and broke up after a few years? Maybe she would have still been alive. What you were still with Daniel? What if you had never met me? You would have been completely healthy. I know, that Lupus is an autoimmune disease but still-I just kept thinking and thinking, what if something happened to you? I could never live with myself if something happened to you Selena. I had embraced it-I was bad luck. I knew it. I just started to distance myself from you because I was terrified, terrified to lose you. Terrified to see something terrible happen to you. So I did the worse thing possible, I hurt you, I left you thinking that if I break your heart and walk out of your life you'd be happier and healthier and find someone new who actually deserves you. I just didn't realize that I was actually hurting you even more by doing what I was doing, by pretended like you weren't my entire world. I was not only hurting myself but I broke you Selena. That was not something I never wanted. Like that I walked out of your life and I promise you Selena not a day has gone by when I didn't regret that day. When I didn't regret leaving you. I'm sorry Selena-I know this won't fix anything and I'm not asking for a second chance because I don't deserve it. I fucked up everything. I know I did. I will forever regret losing you Selena. I will. But I want to apologize. I just hope deep down somehow you can forgive me. And maybe in a different world we might end up together because nothing would make me happier but I know I've lost all right to even ask you for a second chance. But maybe one day you'll be ready to give me that. That's all I have to say. I'm sorry Selena." Harry finishes and looks at me. His eyes were filled with tears and were as red as I can imagine mine being right now.

I move closer to him and hold onto his hand,"I can never hate you Harry. You know that. No matter what, no matter how angry I am deep down I know I can never truly hate you. Hate is a very strong word. You never really meant to hurt me but you did. I forgave you along time back Harry. But I don't think I'm ready to take you back. You hurt me alot Harry, I don't know if I can trust you completely."

"Can we start over?" Harry asks.

I smile,"I think that would be nice."

Harry smiles at me, showing off his dimples, "Hi my name his Harry." He extends his hand.

"Selena." I smile shaking his hand.

"Why Selena, you're mighty gorgeous. How about a date love?" Harry asks.

I chuckle,"One day maybe." I smile at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 2.6K 54
Instagram: New message from @harrystyles { Started: Dec.14 2017 } { Finished: Feb. 8 2018 }
255K 8.6K 43
"I fell in love with my Best Friend's Brother" Cover by @CelticLove Highest Ranking #829 in Fanfiction (5/10/2017)
371K 5.7K 92
What if Jack Gilinsky liked one of your picture? Highest Rank #10 fanfiction (8/3/17) #20 fanficition (5/16/17) #49 fanfiction (5/15/17) #85 fanfici...
206K 7.5K 65
---- She was an ordinary girl living with her parents happily in a village that was reigned by a powerful family. Until the day she dreaded the most...