The Companions of Time

By abbsofsteele02

You must not question the story you are about to read. That is if you are courageous enough to in fact read i... More

Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32

chapter 7

43 3 0
By abbsofsteele02

~The Account of Hazel~

When I woke up, I was in soft fabric, and my hair fell in my face. My eyes popped open the moment I remembered what had happened the previous night.

I was in a light colored room, and beautiful morning light shone through the windows.

I heard rustling, and sat up immediately. A woman dressed in a white and blue-pinstripe dress, was setting out a light pink dress and was moving quickly, setting up.

She turned around and noticed that I was awake.

"Youre awake ma'm, you have need requested for breakfast downstairs. Would you like me to assist you to get ready?"

"If you please," I pleaded, knowing I couldn't do I myself.

I was stripped out of my nightgown, and a loose tank-top shirt and bloomers replaced it. I was then placed into another corset, this one thankfully allowing me to breathe much better than the one I was wearing previously. Then another thin dress was placed over what was put on. And finally the light pink dress came on.

The light pink dress had a similar waistline to the blue dress, it came above my waist, and it too had a scooping neckline. This time however, instead of poofy sleeves they were plain, which I liked much better.

I then had to put on stockings, and another set of dainty little shoes that hardly fit my feet.
The maid then had me sit down at a happy little vanity, while she did my hair.

She pulled back my brown locks into a loose bun on the back of my head, and placed a little white flower in it. She then put some white powder on my face, which surprisingly matched my skin tone, but I was pale so the white powder fit perfectly. She then brushed some kohl onto my lashes to accentuate my eyes, and had me pinch my cheeks to give a healthy completion.

"There you go ma'm, they are waiting for you in the dining room."

I nodded and thanked her for her help, and made my way downstairs. I felt almost pretty, but with the clothes I usually wore (like sweaters) I felt almost naked with the open neckline.

I walked into the dining room, and three men stood, one of them was Grey, and the others I did not recognize.

"Hazel," said Grey " I hope you slept well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Willa By S

Romance

33.7K 2.8K 44
(Book 2) *complete* The first being Alberta. (Willa is not a retelling of Alberta it is quite different with an array of new characters who follow th...
113K 7.5K 20
When Helene Lovell finds herself a penniless orphan, she is swept into the world of manners, money, and etiquette, where her cruel Aunt Lady Dorothea...
200 20 16
Do you ever wonder what it would be like if you could travel through time? What if you came into possession of an item that suddenly made that possib...
6K 481 40
Sometimes you get things to happen your way and you're happy, sometimes you don't and you're hurt. What hurts even more is to experience what you had...