Hero // 5SOS

By BritishBums

Diana Phillips. What was weird about her? She was Christian, she believed in God. She wore the same knitted s... More

Hero // 5SOS
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 6

261K 7.3K 4.2K
By BritishBums

.

.

- Diana -

.

I was about to get into the car with Annabelle and the others, until..

"Sorry, Diana. There isn't any more space." She sighed.

"Oh," My face fell, as I waved off. They probably urged Annabelle to lie and say there wasn't any space, and clearly.. I rode with them.

"It's alright, it's like a twenty minute walk from here to the house." I forced a smile, nodding.

"Sorry." She tells me, Harry glaring at me as he wrapped an arm around her.

Turning around, I started to walk away, as I crossed my arms. It was really cold..

Hearing a door slam closed, I hear someone else.

"Wait!"

Turning around, I find Luke. That interesting boy.

I remembered what Annabelle had told me about him, me trying to just come to a conclusion about him.

But I don't think I could. A few words about him couldn't really make an immediate assumption. I wasn't that kind of person at all.

"Oh, hey.. Um, why did you just get out of the car?" I pointed, the car now driving away. All it was now, was a tiny dot at the end of the long road.

"Didn't want to walk alone, did you?" He spoke shyly, casually jamming his hands into his pockets.

"I was okay with it.."

"You know there was actually a space for you, the guys just didn't want you to ride with them at all.."

I nodded. "I noticed. It's okay."

"I'm sorry, you know. About their behavior." He sighed as we walked side by side.

My face slightly twisted at his words. "You say that.. And all you ever do when you're around them, is act exactly the same."

He silenced, as I could see him tense. "It isn't that easy."

"Yeah, because I'm not worth it." I knew exactly what the reason was.

"Diana, I'm trying to be your friend here."

"Yeah, your secret friend right?"

"You could say that."

"Then I'd rather not be your friend at all, Luke."

.

.

.

- Ashton -

.

As soon as we got back to their house, Annabelle and Diana's dad was there.

"Oh hey, guys." He waved.

"Nice to see you Mr. Phillips." Harry smiled.

He smiled back, but then scanned his eyes through us. "Where's Diana?"

"Um, she went to go check out something so she said she'd be here in a bit." She lied, the boys nodding in agreement.

I sighed, deciding to explore more of the house. By the house, I meant Diana's room.

I couldn't help but be curious.

While she wasn't here, I guess I could just have a peek.

.

.

.

As I walked in, I was slightly amazed.

She had a piano at the corner of her room, tons of music sheets scattered on the top of it. Does she write music? Huh. I wondered.

Gliding my fingers over the keys playfully I smiled.

Her bookshelves were filled with tons of countless books, no gaps.

She was a reader, and played music. That's pretty cool.

That is, until I found something peeking from under her bed.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I walked towards it. It seemed to be a sheet of paper, slightly crumpled.

Tugging it out, I sat down on her bed and slowly unfolded it.

Thank goodness she wasn't here. I was too much of a venturer sometimes.

Wishes, huh? Why would she have written all these down though?

"Walk on water.. Chase a flock of ducks." I chuckled to myself as I read them, furrowing my eyebrows.

As I read further down the list, she had about fifty. Get a tattoo? Fall in love?

Wow, this girl knows how to make a commitment.

"Ashton?" She gasped.

Shoot, I hadn't known the door was wide open, right there. Luke was right behind her.

"Give me that!" She frowned, snatching it from me protectively. "How in the world could you?! I-I thought I could be your friend. I thought I could trust you." she gushed, stuffing the paper into her pocket.

"No, Diana listen. I'm sorry, I didn't know it would've been important th--"

"Well then you shouldn't have done it. Just.. Please, get out." Even in the moment of distress, she spoke so politely.

I sighed. "I'm sorry." I repeated, her not even getting herself to look at me at all.

I feel so stupid for doing that.. Wow. And I actually thought I could be her friend?

Me being Ashton, I had no idea how to make new friends.

.

.

- Diana -

.

I huffed, this time hiding my list in a much more safer place. I had hid it in my closet, right in my a shoebox.

Why would he even do that? Yeah, I was probably in the midst of making a new friend, but.. He just messed it up, badly.

I just probably lost my trust in him greatly.

Locking my door, I sighed, slithering under my covers and into my bed. It was already getting late, and I'd rather sleep then run into any of them at all.

.

.

.

.

* NEXT DAY *

.

"Diana, rise and shine sweet pea!" I hear dad exclaim greatly as he swung my curtains open.

"Dad!" I gasped, cluttering my hands over my eyes from the adjustment of brightness.

"It's a big day today, you know why?"

"Why." I whispered, still half asleep.

"Today's Sunday! We go to church."

My eyes pry open slightly at the mention as he chuckled.

"Go ahead and get yourself ready." He pats me on the shoulder, squeezing it slightly.

I was a part of the church choir just a block away from my house, and it felt good. Well.. I wasn't really a part of the harmony, but I played the piano for it. I wasn't noticed much because I'd just sing back up and just play the keys, but.. Yeah.

It was okay to not be noticed. Just to know that God would be proud of me for what I was doing, is enough.

Sitting up and stretching my arms out, I yawned.

Looking at myself in the mirror, my eyes seemed even duller than the last time I checked. "You'll do fine today, Diana." I told myself, putting a smile on my face as I ruffled my hair.

Rolling out of bed, I nearly crawled to the bathroom.

Turning on the shower I had went to my closet to check for my usual attire for church days.

It was a blue dress that had ended right at my knee and some brown boots. It was as simple as it could get.

Annabelle would usually go all out with her outfit to church which I admired the most about her.

Taking those clothes back into the bathroom, I had stripped from my few layers of clothing and hopped into the shower.

.

.

.

*****

.

- Luke -

.

"I'm kind of forced to go to church by dad, because of Diana.. I'm sorry if you guys don't want to go, you don't have to."

"Why's it so important to her?" I asked her curiously, as I drank from a mug of coffee.

"Oh, because she plays the piano there every single Sunday. I sometimes get tired of it myself, but yeah." She shrugged, biting out of her toast. "Babe, wanna come with me upstairs so we could get ready?"

"Sure." Harry grinned as they both walked out of the kitchen together.

"Ugh, do we really have to be there? It's torchure just watching her do anything really." Michael grumbled, Calum just looking bummed about the situation in general.

"Hey, don't say that. I heard her playing piano and singing awhile back. I think she did an okay job at it." I shrugged casually.

"Well she's mad at me for being my nosy self." Ashton mumbled, finishing the rest of his breakfast.

"Oooh, sorry about that mate." Calum spoke sarcastically, chuckling.

"We're gonna go on up and get ready.. What do you even wear to church Cal?" Michael asks him as they both leave the kitchen, leaving me and Ashton alone.

"Diana is.. Interesting. More of fascinating, even." Ashton spoke, me glancing at him from my spot at the counter.

"I guess you could say that. She's a bit outlandish. She's got her quirks."

"And that's what makes her.. A bit unique you could say." He smiled briefly before it faded away.

"Did you just say that?" I rose my eyebrows.

"Maybe."

Huh.

.

.

.

Diana had walked down the steps as me and the boys were about to follow the rest of the lads and Annabelle.

She was running around, making herself some breakfast quickly before shuffling out and almost running into me as she bolted towards the door.

"I'm sorry for being late." She apologized. "Sorry." She beamed, her dress ruffling at the ends as her hair was in a sleek ponytail.

"Hey." The words left my mouth without notice as I held onto her arm.

"Huh?" She asks, dumbfounded as she turned to me.

"You look pretty." I say, supressing a smile as her cheeks were tinted a slight pink.

"You know, you're a good liar. God's not fond of that." She leaned in slightly to whisper into my ear.

"I-I mean, you look.. Okay." I stuttered.

"Well thank you." She breathed out, doing a little curtsy, as I chuckled.

Watching her run past me and hopping into the car, I had realized that I was still standing there.

"Luke hurry up!" Calum hollered, her dad honking the horn at me teasingly as I chuckled.

Semi jogging over, I had hopped into the seat next to Diana, this smile on her face as she looked down at her hands.

.

.

.

- Diana -

.

As we walked in, I had done the sign of the cross quickly as I walked down the aisles and to the piano where the whole choir was waiting on me.

"Oh Diana! Hun, we were worried you weren't going to make it. Then we wouldn't get such an amazing pianist as you." Lizzy smiled, her slightly wrinkled hand holding onto my wrists.

She was at her old age, but still she never failed to look beautiful. Lizzy was like another mother to me. One that I could never have of course.

She was about 50 now, but that didn't matter though.

"Well I got here as soon as I could." I breathed out, chuckling as I sat in front of the piano.

"Oh," She gushed, looking at something behind me.

Twirling around to see, she was looking at the group of boys.

"Who are those very good looking men over there?"

"Err, which?"

"Those." She pointed precisely at all of them.

"Oh um.. Well that one with the curly locks is my sister's boyfriend and the other four next to her, are his friends. And the four other ones in the next row is Luke, Ashton, Calum, oh and Michael. They're friends..With Annabelle's boyfriend's friends. I don't know if that made any sense." I slightly giggled, her smiling.

"That's interesting sweetheart. But I should start getting into my place, we're starting in a moment."

I nodded, smiling back as I opened up my song sheets and flipped to the right page.

.

.

******

.

- Luke -

.

I knew I should be paying attention to what was happening around me, but instead, my eyes were kept on Diana who was concentratedly playing the piano as she mouthed the words, nodding her head to the beat.

The other boys seemed half asleep as well still, Calum looking bored out of his mind as he slightly propped his head in his hands.

I nudged him slightly, as he looked at me questioningly.

"Look alive will you?" I whispered, chuckling.

"Shhh, it's getting to Diana's solo." Annabelle shushed, her fingers intertwined with Harry's.

.

And so it did. The choir silenced as Diana had easily slid her fingers over the keys as if it was programmed in her head to make the harmonies.

That was until her voice had filled my ears.

.

.

There's a song that's inside of my soul,

It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

I'm awake in the infinite cold

But you sing to me over and over and over again . .

My eyes slightly widen, the boys finally slightly waking up at the sound of her amazing voice.

Wow, she sang good. I can't believe I even listened to the boys that night to sabotage her singing. It was just horrible of me.

The tune had lifted from the piano, Ashton's mouth slightly agape in shock.

"What?" Michael mouthed with furrowed eyebrows also not understanding how a girl like her could have such a beautiful voice.

.

I was no longer paying attention to the boys but only on her. Her voice got even better as it led to the chorus.

.

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands

and pray to be only Yours

I pray to be only Yours

I know now you're my only hope . .

.

.

As she sang further into the song though, I had noticed her voice had started to shake ever so slightly. But then she'd try to keep up with the song.

Slightly craning my neck to see what was wrong, I focused on her.

Diana was crying as she sang. She looked so sad and broken.. Some part of me just wanted to run up to her and comfort her.

"You're my only hope.." She ended the song, with one last chord in the piano before she had really broke down.

Her dad looked just as worried.

Diana had gotten up from her seat, sobbing into her hands as she made her way out the back door.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 143 20
5 Seconds Of Summer. The band everyone has been talking about. When an offer to tour the United States appears, they accept immediately. On their la...
5.1K 842 85
WARNING!!! - SERIOUSLY CRINGE - SELF HARM - MY FIRST BOOK A family was broken in half, a mother and father divorce. The mother taking the son and t...
2K 27 47
-2016- Norah Green was an 18 year old girl, who grew up in a decent area with a loving family. Her and her friend Charlotte spent all of their lives...
10.6K 81 60
(Requests open)So 5sos/ 5 seconds of summer are my fav band i love 5sos. I love the guys that are in it they are all so full of energy and have great...