Mr. and Mrs. Executive

By the_rebellionxx

Everything was perfect. Nora had married the love of her life and everything had to be smooth sailing after t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
New Story!
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)

Chapter 10

116K 4.1K 388
By the_rebellionxx

AN: Please read the AN at the end.
-----------------
Nora James P. O. V

Stepping into the warmth of the house, Alexander directs us towards a small alcove which leads into a separate hidden living room.

Alexander motions for me to sit while I look around the small cozy room all with wooden decorations, floors everything.

Sitting on the brown leather sofas Alexander sits next to me while Benedict takes his seat opposite the coffee table placing himself in an arm chair.

His greeting eyebrows knit together in confusion as he regards us wearily.

"Is everything all right?" He finally questions out.

"Not really no." Alexander bluntly replies.

"We just have some questions we need to ask, that's all." I say smiling, trying not to make this seem like an interrogation.

"Oh well okay, what about?" Benedict asks, his face contorting into calmness and assurance.

"Sam Jenkins, you know him?"

Once again bluntness is all my husband seems to possess as I send him a small yet full force glare.

Glancing back at Benedict, I now wait in anticipation for his reaction.

The parting of his lips as he lets out a rush of air and then quickly taking a deep breath as he sits in silence is indication enough but our thoughts are fully confirmed as he starts to look paler while he shoves his face into his hands.

"How did you find out?"

The tone coming from his question wasn't one of iciness or harshness, which was what I had definitely expected along with something along the lines of 'that's none of your business,' but no it sounds almost mournful somewhat regretful.

"Is everything all r-" I try to question full of concern but Alexander squeezes my hand gently signaling for me to shut up.

"It was an honest mistake I swear, it's been eating me alive ever since." Benedict says looming up.

My face contorts into confusion while Alexander looks completely blank faced not giving anything away.

"Why?" Is all Alexander asks.

"I don't know the answer to that myself son," Benedict scoffs, self loathing visible on his face.

"I rue the day I ever cheated on my wife and kid, and now I have a reminder flashing constantly in my face with him." Benedict's voice comes out shaky and almost cracks.

Alexander's lips thin into a straight line as a grim look crosses his face.

Almost excruciatingly slow everything falls into place.

"Sam's your son." I blurt out in horror, quickly putting a hand over my mouth trying to filter it off.

Benedict nods slowly as he looks me in the eyes.

"Yes, he's my son, I- um I was once on a business trip and I just," he stops as he takes in a shaky breath, "I got completely drunk, couldn't think straight and times with your aunt were time, ironically we were fighting because we couldn't have a child," Benedict huffs out as he laughs unamused, "I completely regret what I did but I can't go back in time as much as I would love to." He finishes off, looking utterly distraught.

"Does Damien know." Alexander says through a clenched jaw.

Benedict's eyes widen as he nods his head. "I told your aunt and Damien found a few years back. You wouldn't remember because you were too small at the time but your aunt Katelyn and I had split up for a little while."

We sit in silence for a little while when Benedict finally looks up at us.

"How do you two know him anyways?"

Alexander's hand tightens around mine as he pulls his jaw taught once again.

I squeeze his hand before answering.

"He um he was my boss." I say, finally settling on something.

"Oh." Benedict says, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Is he still a well, I don't really know how to put it into words." Benedict says laughing a little.

"You mean a deceitful son of a bitch who only cares about himself?"

Gasping at Alexander's words, I hit him lightly.

I mean it is true but why would he say something like that in front his father.

"Well he hasn't changed one bit then since the last time I saw him."  Benedict muses, not bothered by Alexander's crass words.

"Are the-," Benedict seems to hesitate before he continues, "are all the rumours about him true, about what he does?"

The question lingers in the air and from the looks on both mine and Alexander's faces, Benedict seems to realise the morbid reality.

"I tried you know..., I tried to make him a part of my family, I wanted him to be my son, not some dark secret we could never speak of but Sam, he's something else, threatened to have me killed."

The look on Benedict's face makes a pang shoot through my heart, not for Sam but for a father having lost his son, though the circumstances were quite different.

Alexander scoffed only loud enough for me to hear and I almost smack him for being a heartless idiot.

"Why did you need to know all this though?" Benedict says almost in suspicion.

I look at Alexander, waiting for him to answer while he looks back at me, before turning to face the man in question.

Alexander relays the whole ordeal of when Sam showed up at his office and started spewing things about them being cousins and whatnot.

Benedict's face contorts into understanding before he looks at the both of us once again, head on.

"Why don't you both like him? I don't mean to pry or to push and you can tell me to mind my own business but there seems to be...."

Benedict's question hangs in the air as he looks at us in some sort of suspicion, as if he almost guessed what had happened.

Alexander looks at me, showing that it is all up to me if I want to tell Benedict or not.

I shrug my shoulders, not really bothered with holding it back.

I open my mouth to reply but fast furious footsteps approach the door and not even two seconds later, it swings open.

Damien looks at everyone situated in the living room before he looks at Benedict and nods.

"Father." Is all he says.

Why is everyone so damn curt to each other in this family, they all act as if they barely know one another.

Benedict smiles back at Damien's greeting not caring how taught his sons features were, not to mention how cold and withdrawn they always were.

"Alexander, I need to talk to you about," is all Damien says, cutting himself off.

Alexander seems to understand as he turns to me giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll be back okay?"

I nod my head but glare at him slightly.

I'm going to get my answers out of him no matter what.

Alexander simply grins back before kissing me lightly once again and then heading out the door with Damien.

"Well than Nora my dear, shall we go enjoy the rest of this party and mingle with frivolous people."

I laugh lightly at Benedict's words before I nod my head at him as we both get up and head out the door to 'mingle'.

-------------
AN: Hi everyone, how are you all? I am not feeling this chapter at all but I wanted to put something up as I won't be updating for some time, my next update might be on Christmas as a little gift to all of you? Who knows. Anyways what is most important is that I've selected the characters but if you don't like them do let me know so I can change them before adding them to the cast list, they are;

Nora Davis-Alexandra Daddario

Alexander James- Nick Bateman

Stella James- Aimee Carrero

Abby Desmond- Amber West

Sam Jenkins- Josh Henderson

Please do let me know if you want any changes etc. Remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 2.6K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
300K 2.9K 29
❝𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭.❞ ♤ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢...
36.3K 1.7K 35
"Lust, passion, sex, lies, deceit, all became entangled in our liaison, smothering the real reason we'd grown so attached to one another, love." ...
1.2M 40.7K 80
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...