PAST VISION : ICY PAST

By LemonAcidEmm

Solving a regular case should take a day or two for the mighty detective Lydia Spencer who has an alien abili... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Gang Problems
Chapter 3 : Parelthon Hunter
Chapter 4 : Zara-Guilty ?
Chapter 5 : Shocking Discovery
Chapter 6 : World's Saddest Jackpot!
Chapter 7 : Captured!
Chapter 9 : Unbelievable
Chapter 10: All Lies
Chapter 11 : Should I leave?
Chapter 12 : What happened?
Chapter 13 : Battle of the Day
Chapter 14: Icy Heart
Chapter 15: Frozen Half
Chapter 16 : Dark Side
Chapter 17 : The Choice
Chapter 18 : The Secret of the Past
Chapter 19 : History
Chapter 20 : Obstacles
Chapter 21 : Cursed
Chapter 22: The Row
Chapter 23: Death
Chapter 24 : Leaving
Chapter 25 : The Spy
Chapter 26 : Rebel
Chapter 27 : Who Are You?

Chapter 8 : The Unexpected

166 135 24
By LemonAcidEmm

Zara as Captain of the Inter-Galactic Soldiers was fully aware on types of prisons used everywhere. She walked around the cage and tapped the walls, pulled the bars, she gasped when she finally noticed an electric spark rushing through the bars after she touched it.

"Th-This prison, I've seen one just like it, when I was sent to capture a wanted assasin, they used this kind of prison to cage him. The Death, was its name. The Death Prison was inescapable because there was no such key to unlock it. But, the electric currents are actually the ones keeping us locked. If we can absorb it, the cage will be nothing but rustic weak metal."

"So, how do we-"

"-Tricopediscillians are the only alien species who are electric proof. Inside their body there are organs that can absorb the electricity and re-generate them when needed." Zara explained.

"However, in our current situation, we're not exactly in good terms with Rendevel. I'm not sure he's going to help us."

Despite my uneasy feelings, Zara seems so determined that Rendevel will help us.

"He will help us sis, but only you can talk to him. He won't listen to me he'll only listen to you"

Suddenly a voice interrupted and said "I'm not that stupid anymore Zara!" it was Rendevel, busting the doors and leaving trails of shattered rocks as he walked closer to us.

His eyes were boiling red. He doesn't seem so nice anymore. He approached the prison and stood a foot away from us. I stood up shivering and went closer to the edge of the cage. I gulped as I finally built the courage to speak up to him.

"I-I lost all my memories, I'm sorry. Have we met before?"

He gave me a bitter smile and confessed.

"I didn't want you to leave me. So, I requested for the Oracle's help. But the Code that led to the Kingdom was stolen by the Colonel himself. Hence, I had to ask his permission to leave for the Kingdom of Parelthoners. He made a gamble. If I survived the suicide mission then he will grant my wish. Unfortunately he betrayed me, so I had to sneak into his room and searched for the papers. However, I was caught by Claire. She forced me to join the Colonel's army. In return, she'll let off the sneaking matter of the papers."

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

"How will you do that?"

"By getting my memories back, I promise I'll give you my answer in return."

"Hmm, fine. But Zara stays."

Zara nodded, and pulled my hands off hers. I was reluctant to leave her with the cold-blooded Rendevel at first. But, I knew at some point I had to face the Colonel.

The moment I left the prison, my brain started rattling. The gears were turning wildly, showing me directions and transitioning to the next one in a matter of seconds. The ghost-quiet building made me shiver in fear, but after a few turns, I managed to find the Colonel.

"I knew he would release you, Lydia. You want to get your memories back? Well, as you know the old sayings 'over my dead body'." He said as he smiled hideously, moving his hands towards his belt, reaching for his long slick sword. He pulled it in a flash, raising it up towards the sky.

I was furious at the Colonel. I yelled at him and started to attack him brutally. I jumped and ran towards him, whilst transforming into my Cheetahovumus form. My light combat form, my claws grew rapidly, by the time I was only a foot left to him, I jumped and scratched his face. I kicked him but he held it, his defense and my strikes were on the same pace. It was impossible to hit him. After a few minutes, my energy drained faster than I expected. He was impenetrable.

He laughed at me, "Weakling! I'll show you what a Martian Spechulanion is suppose to be in front of his opponent. No mercy!"

He came at me wielding his flight powers, he punched me. Lifting me above as he threw me in the air. I hit the ceilings and he punched my abdomen. He pulled my arms and twisted them, i heard a few cracks as my hands started feeling numb.

After all those, he broke my leg by stepping on it as soon as I landed on the ground. He flew above and once again landed a big punch to my face. I tried standing up. With every bit of my strength, I tried to punch him. But I was too weak. The only thing damaged by my punch was thin air.

I sobbed in my grave position. I gave up. There was nothing I could do. I muttered my last cry for help.

The Colonel smirked to his victory. He warmed up his bulky arms and landed one last hit on me. I was ready to die at that moment, when suddenly an electric force hit him and forced him to back off.

He growled in anger, "Who the heck is that!"

I wasn't able to clearly see the face of the defender. Blond spiky hair, harsh breathing, bulky arms.

"Rendevel..." I spoke as I feebly raised my hands.

He came in a flash, too fast to even see. He caught my hands and carried me up.

"This is over the top Colonel. This isn't what we promised."

"Then promise me that she'll never appear in front of me ever again." The Colonel yelled in reply.

Rendevel was about to carry me out when Claire showed up and blocked the exit. He straightened his arms and pointed towards her. A streak of lightning descended above her. She dodged it and swung her samurai at him. However, a third person came by and kicked her, causing her to stumble over.

"Zara..." I gleefully cried.

Claire and Zara went to the other side to the room. Walking slowly to each other and holding their samurai steadily. In a flash, the two swords clashed. The clicks and clanks went fast. Their hand movement blended along with the wind, graceful and fierce at the same time. The speed couldn't be seen through naked eye, the clashing sword sound was the only thing that made their fight looked visible.

***

The Colonel didn't wait for us. He used his flight powers and used his Land Controlling Powers to block our exit using two gigantic boulders. Rendevel gritted his teeth. He became furious, screaming in anger. A flash of lightning descended above him. Suddenly, his entire body went fluorescent blue. He placed me on the corner of the room and whispered to my ears, "Don't worry, I'll save you."

The Colonel was ready to fight Rendevel. He transformed himself into an electricorhinocerus, an alien Rhino species which was also electricproof.

Rendevel became even more furious. Suddenly, his legs started to float. He gave the Colonel a slight smile and attacked him by hitting him with huge electric currents. I couldn't believe my eyes. The two were finally even. Rendevel walked across the room, his boots creating sparks as he took one step to another. He roared his battle cry as he punched the Colonel.

I was too excited. The Colonel suddenly yelled "That's enough!"

The startled Rendevel actually froze.

"No more games, Sergeant." The angry Colonel growled in anger, he wasn't joking this time. The Colonel turned himself into a gigantic 30 foot Martian. My eyes widened as I observed the Colonel growing taller and taller. His roar came like thunder, scaring everyone near him.

Suddenly, I realized that Rendevel was missing. I turned sideways, frontwards and backwards but he wasn't there. A spark igniting beside me startled me. It turns out that Rendevel was hiding to give him an ambush attack, he absorbed more electricity by going to the nearest electric power source. He became more and more fluorescent!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 478 33
COMPLETE TRILOGY 🏆Wattys Award book 1 in portuguese version. Governing Idea: We will become them and then, they will become us. Trilogy story inspir...
BLUE VENOM By Lia

Paranormal

681 107 22
"Holy crap", I said, staring at the huge green forest opening we were standing on. Only it wasn't a forest. Thick, lush jungle surrounded us. We were...
61 3 10
Sarah remembers being reborn with amazing gifts. She knows why people were gifted their fantastic powers. She knows why women with powers were fewer...
392K 18.9K 36
Hidden deep in the California valley is the Aves Department for the infamous C.R.O.S.S. Laboratories. Offered an internship this esteemed genetic res...