Harry Potter Oneshots

By Intensely_Reading

Name says it all. Requests are needed and asked for (private messaging is what's asked but comments are ok to... More

Draco Malfoy-Superhero
Harry Potter-Curses
James Potter-Love Potions
Ron Weasley-Quidditch Practice
Fred Weasley-Christmas Miracles
George Weasley-Pranking the Toad
Remus Lupin-Patronuses
Fred Weasley - Counterspells to Magic
George Weasley - Broken Families, Healing Memories

Cedric Diggory-Say Something

8.5K 214 272
By Intensely_Reading

Credits of the song used goes to A Great Big World.  All ownership of it goes to them.

Fourth Year
People say Slytherins are awful, arrogant, blood-obsessed dark witches and wizards, and I don't blame them. But to label a whole house on that is absurd, I bet there were plenty of other bad witches in Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. (Hufflepuffs always brag about not having any bad apples.) Fine, Slytherin's house was founded by Salazar Slytherin who was obsessive with blood types and even voted that muggleborns should not be allowed to learn in Hogwarts, but that doesn't mean the whole house is that way, yet still the whole school thinks it worthy to shut out all of the Slytherins.

Which will also explain why I'm alone in the library, finishing a potions essays for Professor Snape, while others from different houses chatter amongst themselves as if there's nothing else they can do. I groaned in frustration at the utter amount of noise in a place of study, and apparently, the librarian, who I haven't had any acquaintance with, just doesn't care or has given up.

"Can I sit here?" A voice asked nervously.

"If you've made it this far then sure. I just don't know if you want to sit next to a Slytherin y'know." I replied wryly.

"I don't mind." A thump reached my ears and I glance upward slightly for the first time to see who my companion was.

"So, what's Hogwarts' Heartthrob doing here, in the library next to a Slytherin?" I asked coolly, a smirk lining my face when I saw Diggory flinch at his title.

"It's noisy everywhere else and there's barely any space." He muttered, a soft sigh escaping his lips.

"Mhmm." I hummed in agreement, once again working on the potions essay. "So you chose the spot where a Slytherin sits? Aren't you afraid I'm going to hex you because your blood is impure?"

"You won't do that." Diggory said confidently.

"And why is that?" I asked, amusing myself with his confidence.

"Because you don't believe in the blood lunacies. You usually keep to yourself and you're sarcastic." He answered.

I hummed again in agreement, squashing the surprise at how much the heartthrob knew about me. "How did you figure that out?"

"Uh...c-common sense?" He stuttered out. I peered up longer this time, straightening from my hunched up position while writing the essay. Diggory was pink at the cheeks and playing with his strap on the bag.

"I get the sarcastic part, but common sense doesn't stretch that far as to give you information about my opinions and personality." I remarked, raising an eyebrow. "Unless you know divination, but considering the divination teacher is Trelawney, I won't bet on that."

"Well we have a lot of classes together, so from this conversation and those classes, I came to that conclusion." Diggory reasoned.

"Ok, so then what are you doing in the library, golden boy? You haven't taken out your homework yet." I gestured to Diggory's book bag on the table untouched.

"Can you please not call me that. Just call me Cedric."

"I could." Smirking, I looked straight into Cedric's eyes. "But I choose not to." He groaned. "You didn't answer my question."

"I just wanted a quiet place to sit and maybe do my work."

"Did this fulfill your wishes?"

"No."

"Thought so." I nodded in agreement before returning to my nearly finished essay. "So why are you still here."

"Because I found someone I wanted to talk to."

"But we've never talked." I pointed out suspiciously.

"So why don't we start now?" Cedric asked, flashing an award winning smile.

"Whatever you say Heartthrob." I answered, amused by his horrified expression.

"You like it when I'm annoyed don't you." Cedric asked, a bit miffed.

"Maybe." I hinted, simpering slightly at his question. I rose from my seat and started packing up my supplies.

"Where are you going?" Cedric questioned, piqued entirely.

"To my common room, wouldn't want your fangirls to think I'm stealing their true love. I'd never see the end of hate after that." I quipped, swinging my bag over my shoulder.

"I swear, some of them are so vulgar and ostentatious, it's unbelievable." Cedric muttered quietly, slinging his bag over his shoulder and walked to catch up with me. "Wait up."

I turned and smirked at Cedric, before walking quickly out of the library. "Hurry up then."

Fifth Year
"Am I your friend?"

"What kind of question is that?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow. "Of course you're my friend."

"Well then I feel honoured." Cedric answered, smiling happily.

"Why's that?" My eyes narrowed at the brown-haired boy next to me.

"Because I don't see you with the other Slytherins, you're usually by yourself." Cedric explained. "Why is that?"

I stared down, stopping in the middle of the hallway, eyes focused on the floor. The question made me feel uncomfortable and I hadn't told anyone my story.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to-" He started but I cut him off.
"No-no I do. After all, you're the reason I've stopped being so closed off." I sighed before delving into my past. "I was never really the type to talk and become buddy buddy with others to begin with. There were a lot of people who thought I was weird and avoided me before I came to Hogwarts, so I was quite independent.

"My parents are completely into blood lunatics and I didn't believe that rubbish since I understood it, so I didn't get a lot of love from my parents after that. They told me I was a disgrace many times and I felt betrayed that my own family had stopped loving me because of my opinions. It hurt a lot, I didn't want that to happen again, and with anyone else, so with the addition of my personality and what happened before Hogwarts, I wasn't much of a social butterfly." I shrugged and gave Cedric a wry smile. "You could say that I'm learning to love from you Cedric."

He stared at me in surprise, eyes widening incredulously, and I stared at him with confusion. "You said my name for the first time."

I widened my eyes at Cedric this time, and then smacked him in the shoulder. "After I told you about my past and problems that I've never told another soul, all you can think about is how I said your name?" I asked, glaring playfully at him.

"No, I also thought of how sorry I am for you to be dealing with parents like that, who treat you like you're a traitor when you're just voicing your opinions. And I promise that I'll never hurt you purposely in any way. I don't want you to feel hurt at all." He grinned down at me and I shyly smiled back, I've never actually gotten this care from someone before.

"Thank you Cedric."

"No problem. And you said my name again!"

"No I didn't Heartthrob." I retorted and Cedric groaned.

"Forget I said anything then."

Sixth Year
"You put your name in the Triwizard tournament?" I asked incredulously.

"Maybe." Cedric said, shuffling uncomfortably.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, grimacing at him.

"Because I think it would be a great opportunity to test out my skills in magic." Cedric answered defensively.

"But you could get hurt, or worse, get killed! I couldn't live with myself if that happened. Do you know what I would do without you?" I asked, before covering my mouth in shock. Cedric stared at me weirdly before I retreated back and ran.

Great, a perfectly good friendship ruined by me.

=====

"Are you mad at me?" I heard a voice ask above me. Cedric peered at me with worried eyes.

"No, I'm not mad at you." I sighed. "I'm worried for your sake considering you made it into the tournament, but no, I'm not mad."

"Then why are you avoiding me?"
I paused, choosing my words carefully before speaking. "I was embarrassed by what I'd said. But I'd meant it. You're really important to me, and I don't want to see you hurt."

"Me too. I'd do anything to make sure you're never hurt." Cedric admitted. "Friends again?" He handed out his hand and I took it, shaking firmly.

"Friends again."

"Now, I heard that the first task is with dragons, and I need help finding a spell to beat them." Cedric said anxiously.

"Oh bother." I groaned, rubbing my face vigorously.

=====

"What did you do out there?" I asked, spotting Cedric almost immediately in the medic tent. He was burned up badly it seemed, and wincing when the burn paste touched his skin.

"Nothing other than getting burned by a dragon." He quipped, rolling his eyes.

"Of course." I responded, "Thank you Mr. Obvious."

"That's Captain Obvious to you." Cedric shot, smirking even in his predicament.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Madam Pomfrey, applying the paste as we speak. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I thought you'd never ask." She muttered before giving me the paste. "Please rub it on his skin. I have to go tend to the other patients." She ran off to the other champions while in dug my fingers into the paste and rubbed it onto Cedric.

"I'm going to need you to take off your shirt."

"You sure about that?" Cedric asked coquettishly.

"Stop making this any awkward than it should be." I snapped. Cedric took off his shirt and my eyes widened.

"Merlin, what did you do to make the dragon burn you so badly?"

"I don't know." Cedric shrugged and flinched at the pain. I started applying the paste once again, trying not to concentrate on the severeness of the wounds.

"You know..."

"What?"

"Never mind." Cedric shook his head and smiled while I raised an eyebrow.

=====

The Yule Ball was coming up, and I didn't have a date. Not that I expected myself to get asked out really, I wasn't one to go to dances anyways, so I planned to stay in the common room reading.

"Hey are you going to the Yule Ball?" Cedric asked absentmindedly.

"I don't think so."

"Why not?" Cedric stared at me curiously.

"Well for starters, no one's asked me out, and dances aren't my thing, I'm more for cozying up with a good book."

"That's too bad."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to ask you out."

"What?!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening to twice their size.

"Will you go to the ball with me?" Cedric asked hopefully.

"You just love to ruin my plans don't you." I joked and Cedric nodded. "Yes, of course I'll go to the Yule ball with you."

=====

I stepped out of the common room to find Cedric waiting outside for me. He stared at my outfit while I tried to ignore the fact that my shoulders were bare except for the straps holding it together.

"You look good."

"T-thank you. You look good too." I stuttered, blushing furiously.

"I try." Cedric shrugged before holding out his elbow. I clutched it and tried to work the high heels that the store manager pick out. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok. What about you?"

"I'm fine too." Pause. "Are you excited about the Yule Ball?"

"I don't know how to dance. There's a chance that you might suffer an injury from me y'know."

"That's just pleasant." Cedric grumbled. "Thanks for the note of enthusiasm."

"No problem." I said, smiling.

"Well it doesn't matter, you can learn how to dance."

"In one night? I doubt it."

"Well you have a great teacher."

"Who's that?" I asked, puzzled.

"Me."

"So I'm going to take it you're great at dancing?" I said.

"Yep. Come on."

Cedric pulled me towards the Great Hall doors before McGonagall called for the champions and Cedric pulled me towards her voice.

"Cedric, is there a chance that you can stop pulling me everywhere." I berated, completely and utterly miffed.

"Oh, sorry." He said, smiling sheepishly at me. I huffed and shook my head while waiting for the doors to open.

The champions were placed in a line with me and Cedric in the front. The doors opened and I stepped nervously out, in sync with my partner. My breath quickened slightly at the sight of three schools staring at us. All the eyes were making me anxious as we neared the tables.

"Just keep your eyes straight on your target ok? I'm here for you." I heard Cedric murmur, smiling slightly at me. I gripped his elbow tighter to make sure he was there, before straightening subtly and staring at the tables.

We sat down and once everyone was in, took our menus and ordered food. As soon as the last person was done, the tables disappeared and the Weird Sisters came on, playing a sorrowful song. I stepped up with Cedric and wrapped my arms around his neck hesitantly. He nodded and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in. I flushed red at the closeness and stared at my feet, trying to keep up with Cedric.

"You look cute when you blush." He said with a teasing tone.

"Thanks, I guess." I thanked apprehensively, concentrating on not stepping on my partner's feet.

"Hey, loosen up, you're doing fine." Cedric hugged my sides and I stifled a shriek. No doubt a yell would raise confusion in the hall.

"Don't do that please." I said, tensing up instead of what Cedric wanted originally.

"You're ticklish there?" Cedric asked, smiling slyly.

"Yeah. Do that again and you'll pay." I warned, deadpanning.

"Ok, ok. But actually though, loosen up, it's a dance, you're supposed to have fun." Cedric prodded.

"Kind of hard when you're as self-conscious as me and the soles of your feet hurt from high heels." I drawled sarcastically.

"Then just focus on me." Cedric recommended. Sighing I focused on the moment and Cedric, his eyes, his face, his personality. Soon I found myself impulsively leaning on him, and I felt safe and secure. But the song ended way too quickly.

"Hey, you falling asleep on me?" Cedric teased, albeit his voice shook the slightest and I could hear his heart quickening.

"No, of course not. My conscious is telling me this is wrong and my feet still hurt." I remarked. "But other than that, I'm perfectly fine." I stopped leaning on Cedric and straightened up, while he quietly let out a puff of air.

"That's good. Do you think you can go on for one more song? For me?" Cedric stared at me, pleading for another dance.

I smiled and entertained him, tapping my index finger on my chin. "Um. No." I responded, smirking cheekily.

"Later?"

"Maybe." I said, actually considering it.

"Promise?"

"I said maybe Cedric. No promises." Cedric huffed, but led me to a seat.

"I'll go get us some drinks." He left but turned suddenly a few steps later, "By the way, I plan to make this the best night of your life." Cedric sent me a determined smile and walked away.

I smiled back happily, and answered only when I knew the Hogwarts Heartthrob was out of earshot, "You already have."

=====

Coughing, I gasped for air, while sputtering and hacking with no end. I shivered and swam while Cedric held onto me tightly, and separated only when we made it to land. I climbed up before helping Cedric up and were given towels.

"W-what happened?" I chattered out, shivering violently.

Cedric shifted closer to me and wrapped his arms around my body with his towel still on him. It warmed me up completely, but still left me puzzled.

"Cedric, what happened?" I asked again.

"The second task." Cedric muttered, taking my hands and squeezing them as to check if I was alive and here. He kissed the top of my head and rested his chin on it. I flushed a bright red and furiously tried to hide it. "It was to save the one you'd miss the most."

"Oh. I remember. Dumbledore explained the rules to us with McGonagall." I spoke, realization dawning on me.

"Are you ok?" Cedric asked. He spun me around slightly and peered at my face and body for any wounds or bruises.

"I'm fine." I said, nonchalantly.

"You sure?" Cedric prompted, his eyes staring worriedly at me. "There's a reason you're the one I'd miss the most y'know."

"Really Cedric, when did you become my mum?" I rolled my eyes at is overprotectiveness. "I'm fine I swear."

A silence passed between us, it wasn't awkward but more comforting, knowing that we both had each other, and that was enough. Until Cedric broke the tranquility that is.

"I was really worried when you weren't there in the stands during the second task. I thought maybe something happened to you. But when I saw you down at the bottom, I was scared you got hurt, and that I'd lost you." Cedric took my hand and traced random shapes on it before speaking again. "You've become really important to me during the past two years, and I want you to know that. It's not a lie that you'd be the one I'd miss the most, I care about you alot, and if something were to happen to you, I don't know what I'd do." He glanced up and smiled wistfully. "Just like you said when I entered the Triwizard Tournament."

I basked in the kindness that glowed in Cedric's eyes and smiled serenely back. "Cedric I-"

"Wait I'm not done yet." He shifted slightly before staring at me dead in the eye. "I like you, but not what you might think. I like you less like a friend and more like a partner. You know, like is putting it lightly, I love you. I've loved you and I always will love you."

"I love you too Cedric." I murmured softly, my lips turned upward slightly before I continued. "You're the one who taught me how to love after all. But I know enough to realize that I love you probably just the same."

"So will you be my girlfriend?"

I nodded. Before I could speak my answer, Cedric claimed my lips and kissed me, his body shifting so he could pull me closer, arms wrapping around my waist as if we were about to dance. I responded and fisted Cedric's still wet uniform in my hands closing my eyes as I treasured this moment, hoping it would last forever.

=====

"Cedric, are you ready for the last task?" I asked, staring at the maze that was being built in the quidditch field's place.

"Yeah. After this is just homestretch." Cedric answered, grinning at the intricate hedge maze.

"I don't like that teachers aren't going to be in it though. It's dangerous and who knows what will happen to you." I said, narrowing my eyes warily at the maze.

"I'll be fine love, hey look, there's my parents."

My eyes widened in bemusement and I turned towards a happy couple who were waving to Cedric. He clasped my hand in his and led me towards them.

He introduced me and I shyly waved. "Aren't you a cute girl." Mrs. Diggory complemented, beaming at me. "Cedric, you've picked yourself a pretty lady." She turned to me. "Dear, if he's a bother to you, owl me and I'll be sure to send him a howler."

I discreetly smiled slyly before replying. "Thank you for the compliment Mrs. Diggory, and I'll keep it in mind." Cedric stared at me suspiciously before I turned to him. "I'll leave you with your family. Find me when you're done, I want to see you before you enter the maze."

Cedric nodded before talking with his parents while I wandered around. The task gave me a eerie feeling and it was unsettling. My stomach was filled with butterflies and I couldn't figure out why. But something told me there was going to be a disaster in the maze.

Before long, I heard my name and turned to find Cedric staring at me. "So, are you going to tell me anything?"

I thought carefully before saying confidently, "I want you to promise me something."

"What is it?" Cedric queried.

"Promise me that you'll come out of the task alive, and that you won't get hurt."

"I promise." Cedric nodded. He smiled and looked at me straight in the eyes. "Now you have to do something for me."

"What?"

"Can I get a good luck kiss?" Cedric questioned innocently, tapping his left cheek. I rolled my eyes and went to kiss his cheek, but at the last second, Cedric turned his head and kissed my lips. I tried to recoil in surprise but Cedric kept me locked with his lips until we ran out of air.

"That's not fair." I spoke petulantly.

Cedric shrugged, before he heard the judges call for the champions. "I gotta go, see you after the final task."

I waved and smiled, but as soon as he turned around, my lips settled for a frown, because I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong. Really wrong.

=====

I stared from the stands in horror as Harry came out of the maze carrying a what looked to be lifeless Cedric. I raced down and made my way towards the latter before Harry laid him on the ground. I could hear the other students running down too, but I had eyes only for Cedric. His eyes glazed with shock and fear, all the life sucked out of him. Collapsing, I hunched over his body, sobbing harshly, taking a shuddering breath each time.

"Cedric, Cedric, please, move. Tell me this is a bad dream." I whispered through breaths, tears streaming freely down my face. I check his pulse, his heart, felt his skin, everything was gone. I couldn't find a single pulse or warmth.

"P-please." I shook, gulping down every breath while I stared at a still chest. Forcing it, willing it to move. "Please C-Cedric, say s-something."

It's all just a dream, a nightmare, a fantasy, it wasn't real. I kept telling myself. But it wasn't.

"Please Cedric, say something, anything so that I know you're alive." I whispered, begging that this cold reality wasn't the truth. Yet it was, because nothing else happened, Cedric was really gone.

I heard my name being muttered softly and turned to find Harry standing next to me, his green orbs filled with tears.

"Yes?" I asked, trying in vain to depress the lump in my throat, stopping me from letting out a cry.

"Cedric wanted to tell you something, and he asked me to deliver it." Harry said hesitantly.

"What is it?" I asked, wiping my tears in vain as new ones immediately appeared.

Harry took a deep breath before speaking, his voice shaky. "He said,'I love you, and I'm sorry I broke my promise.'"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 5.8K 14
compilation of headcanons/oneshots/au's or whatever else i come up with i take requests! private message me if you have an idea!
335K 5.6K 26
[discontinued] here ya go, my beautiful potterheads ⚡ NO SMUT, unless specified, but some of them are slightly suggestive. all the oneshots are fem...
105K 2.3K 53
y/n a sassy bitch but kind-hearted, a super cool tomboy but ladylike at the times when needed to be, join her CHOSEN ONE and friends on the journey...
55.1K 1.1K 18
-y/n one shots (probs more than just 1 pt most of the time as i write whole *ss novels lmao) -uses gender neutral pronouns though this is a gxg one s...