why she died | ld

By myelites

[a sophia lucia fanfic.] ©myelites 2016 More

final note. *skip this to start the story*
intro
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten (epilouge)

eight

116 13 13
By myelites

darkness. that's what sophia saw when she opened her eyes. groggily, she sat up. quickly she began to panic as she remembered the last thing that happened to her. an ominous figure. a cloth over her face. and now she hadn't the slightest idea where she was.

conveniently, there was a little flashlight lying on the cold, concrete floor beside her. it was probably left there by whoever placed her here. turning it on, she saw that she was in a small, empty room.

nothing was in it but her, and of course, a single note. shaking, sophia reached for the slip.

you've almost reached the end,
sophia
any last guesses before the big
reveal?

sophia was scared, no doubt. not only for her safety, but also bostyn and cameron's. they were at her house too when she was knocked out, sleeping soundly. if this monster got a hold of her boyfriend, she would never forgive herself. he was all she had left.

there was a pen beside the paper. turning it over to the back side, she decided to write every name of a suspect that's ever passed through her head.

taylor
nia
maddie
jordyn

quickly, sophia wrote every reasoning for why she's suspected these four.

taylor nunez.

jordyn's friend. we hardly knew her when kalani was alive; she was merely an acquaintance jordyn, kalani and myself occasionally partied with from time to time. something was always off about her when kalani joined us. she got defensive, and seemed to object to or ignore whatever kalani had to say. she was jealous, and if i wasn't in a situation like this, i wouldn't have given it a second thought.

flashback:

"are you ready for tonight, ladies?" jordyn winked, doing a twirl in her bold red mini dress.

we were all single at the time, and had taylor just went through a huge blowout breakup and wanted to forget it all and get wasted.

being perfectly honest, taylor looked great. her hair was curled in beautiful ringlets and her makeup was done to perfection, and by her cocky attitude, she knew it, too.

"of course." she smirked, primping her hair in the mirror.

just then, kalani strode into the room in the most stunning dress i've ever seen. it looked like it would be worth hundreds of thousands.

she was perfectly done up, as always, beating out taylor and putting her outfit to shame. taylor balled her fists, sealed her lips, and said nothing.

"hello, ladies." she smiled, gracefully taking a seat.

"lani! are you coming out with us?" sophia asked, bouncing in her seat slightly at her best friend's presence.

taylor rolled her eyes to jordyn behind sophia's head, which kalani was also oblivious of.

"i seriously wish i could, but i have a date tonight." she pouted.

that comment seemed to anger taylor, as she stifled a snort.

"aww, that really sucks. we all wanted you to come." taylor frowned.

but as soon as kalani turned away, taylor went right back to shooting daggers into her back.

jordyn jones.

kalani's other best friend, and her closest before we had bonded. jordyn was angry when kalani and myself first became good friends, but overtime it seemed as though she got over it. of course, there was a chance she hadn't.

flashback:

jordyn stood outside of the movie theatre, waiting for kalani so they could see a movie together.

she beamed when she saw kalani approach her, but her smile faltered when she realized sophia was walking beside her, arms linked and laughing together.

"hey. i thought it was just us?" jordyn asked through gritted teeth.

"i decided to bring soph." kalani shrugged nonchalantly, putting her arm around sophia, who felt awkward standing there. clearly jordyn didn't want her to be there.

"oh. well, that's fine. you too sure have been hanging out a lot together lately." jordyn pressed. "are we still on for lunch on saturday?"

"sure, we'll be there after we're done at the mall." kalani nodded.

"we?" jordyn winced.

kalani rolled her eyes. "yes, we. now come on. i want some popcorn."

nia sioux.

someone kalani was friends with when she was a dancer. but when she stopped dancing at the aldc, they stopped talking. nia was the underdog of the team, and kalani was always front and centre. nia was angry about it, but kept it to herself most of the time. until one sudden outburst in class, where she snapped at kalani. nia goes to the same college we went to and would stare her down in the halls.

flashback:

"nia! do it like kalani is. now!" abby screamed over the music.

nia fought back tears as she struggled to keep up with kalani's flawless movements.

"NIA! do you hear me?!" abby barked.

"i hear you, abby! i'll never be like her, nor do i want to be." nia spat, and stopped dancing.

"she's nothing but a over-appreciated guinea pig. i'm out of here."

kalani continued to dance effortlessly, and refused to let nia get a rise out of her, only infuriating nia more.

"i've seen better, like maddie. she has more talent in her pinky finger than kalani ever will." she hissed.

kalani's prize winning smile faltered slightly, but her dancing never did. nia smiled, knowing that she touched kalani's soft spot, and stormed out.

maddie ziegler.

abby's previously favourite student, until kalani walked through her studio doors. maddie had been favourited her entire life, and having to share the spotlight was something maddie didn't agree with. she never had any true competition before; she was maddie ziegler for goodness sake. but alas, she was no match for the tall, elegant girl with beautiful technique. she vowed never to forgive kalani, and left the studio because she couldn't handle not being number one anymore. she threatened kalani several times, and never released her grudge about it.

flashback:

"on top of the pyramid this week, is, of course, kalani." abby clapped, revealing kalani's smiling face, higher up than the rest of the girls. maddie crossed her arms in frustration and sent some signal to her mother.

"abby, this isn't fair. maddie got first last week, kalani placed second. how is it that kalani is ranked higher?" melissa asked, a tone of annoyance in her voice.

"because i though she did a better job regardless. those judges don't know true talent when they see it. she is the better dancer. take notes." abby snipped.

maddie looked taken aback. "that's it. that is our final straw. maddie, kenzie, we're out. this studio isn't worth it. kalani is nothing to you. we'll show them." melissa said, glaring at abby, then kalani, and rushing her children out.

sophia sighed, putting down the pen next to her. now all she could do was sit here in defeat.

before sophia had a chance to think or collect her bearings, a hidden door she didn't even know was there creaked open.

"oh my god." she croaked. "it's you."

voila
longest chapter yet
any guesses on who it is?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.5K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
9.4M 306K 51
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." • highest rankings • - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @TheChri...
360K 12.8K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
296K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc