The Initiate

By sm1l3rz

Ari Pedrad, She's one of the most known family in Dauntless. She's brave sassy strong. She is no coward, that... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
???
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20

Part 1

5.6K 72 9
By sm1l3rz

Today I take the test.

Today will change my life.

Last year my older brother Zeke done this and next year my little brother Uriah will too. I need to set a good example for Uriah, Just as Zeke did for me.

Currently i'm sitting besides my best friends Ailie, Rea, Jacob and Michael. We were currently playing Candor or Dauntless, trying to get our minds of the terrifying future in front of us.

"Ari, Candor or Dauntless." Rea asks.

"Dauntless"

"I dauntless dare you to stand up on the table and scream stiff's at the Abnegation Table."

"Well here goes nothing." a few giggles escape my friends mouths.

I stand up gaining a few peoples attention, then I point at the table and scream "STIFFS"

A few people laugh but a few dont even look, expecting this behavior from Dauntless.

"Next ehmmm... Ailie, Candor or Dauntless."

"Candor."

"What are you scared of getting in your test the most today."

"Amity Because I don't want to be a pansycake." We all cant contain our laughter anymore.

"Ari Pedrad." A loud voice speaks over the speakers

I get up from the seat and head over to where the other 16 year olds are that are waiting to take their test. We all walk up a hallway that takes us to a room that we are taking the test in. I walk in to see an abnegation woman taking my test.

"Please take a seat. My name is amanda and I will be administrating your test today. You will go through a series of simulations and your reaction will identify your faction. Have you got any questions"

"Im not Erudite so im not curious."

"Here you go. Drink up."

she hands me a small vial containing a blue liquid. I drink it all, letting the tasteless substance run down my throat. I shut my eyes and when i open them again, Amanda is gone. In front of me is 2 podiums, one contains a chunk of meat, the other a knife. Without thinking twice, I lift up the knife. I hear growling and turn around to meet a rabid dog. Anything as rabid as this needs to be put down so I position my body, aim and throw, striking the dog straight in the heart. DEAD.  I wake up again back in the room.

"congratulations. your result is dauntless."

"Thanks." I get up off my seat and run through the cafeteria and out the door. A train is approaching so i speed up and throw myself on. I look around and see no one else is in this carriage so i just look out the door until I feel the train slowing down. Reminding me that I have to get off now. I jump, letting my feet hit of the rough concrete ground. I start running in to the pit hoping to see one of my brothers.

When I arrive in the pit I see Uriah with Lynn and Marlene.

"Hey amazing people and my brother."

The girls start to giggle as Uriah turns around and gives me an 'r u serious' face.

"Gee thanks favourite sister. So what was your result."

"Hey I'm your only sister, and I'm not telling you what I got."

"But I'm your favourite brother."

"Talking about favourite brother, where is zeke anyway."

"He still at work but why is he your favourite."

"Can you go to the bar and get alcohol yet."

"No I'm 15."

"There's your answer."

The girls laugh and high five me.

"Got to go guys I'm starving."

"Bye A." They chorus.

I run into the hall and see a few dauntless around the tables stuffing their faces. I see four and Zeke. It must be their lunch break. I see that zeke has a bit of cake on his plate. I sneak up behind him and just before he puts the fork in to the gooey cake I swipe it from him and bite in to it.

"What... why would you do this to me. I thought we were family."

"How many times do I need to tell you this zeke. Cake before blood." I say mimicking Jeanine Matthews.

He grins but then steals the cake back.

"Why do you ever steal cake from four."

"That's a suicide mission, dear brother. And anyway four is much more likeable than you."

I lean over the table and fistbump four.

"That girl is smart." Four tells zeke.

We all start laughing until things get more serious.

"So do you know what you're going to pick tomorrow." Four asks.

"Of course. It's me we're talking about."

"Okay. Do you mind shedding some light on us then."

"You'll have to wait for tomorrow."

They let out sighs.

"We got to go back to the control room. See ya later."

"Bye."

They leave just as Ailie, Rea, Jacob and Michael walk in. They aren't taking which means something must be going on.

"Hey guys why are you so quiet."

"Just thinking about our results." Jacob replied.

"I take it you're worried about tomorrow."

"Tremendously." Ailie says.

"Don't worry guys. I'm going to get zeke to help out because for all we know this could be the last night together before we go off on the biggest journey of our lives. Initiation." I state with obvious sarcasm.

They laugh and then start to eat.

--
That night we had a sleepover at my house. We talked about the good times and the bad times and I'm lucky that I grew up with some of the most amazing people.

--

We were all in the dauntless section of the hub. Waiting for the choosing ceremony to begin. Most people are contemplating what to choose. I know what I am. I'm dauntless.

Jeanine Matthews takes the stage, going on a long erudite speech about the factions. A few people had chosen and there was some transfers.

Ailie Jacks

Ailie gets up and makes her way down towards the bowls. She takes up the knife and cuts in to her palm, waiting for the blood to pool around before dropping it in to the glass.

Candor

I wouldn't see one of my best friends ever again. But I'll remember her.

Michael Kiel

He gets up and heads over to the bowls. Dragging the blade across his palm and dropping his blood in to the bowl of glass.

Another Candor.

I suppose it's obvious though. They two were really close. I should've expected it.

Rea Nick

She goes up to the bowls nervously. Cuts her palm and lets the blood pool and drops it in to the dauntless coals. We all stand up for her screaming and clapping. She sits down the front and I know that I'm going to be there too.

A few other names pass and then it's mine.

Ari Pedrad.

I basically sprint down the steps and grab the knife. Quickly cutting my hand so that it's over with quicker. Then drop the blood in to the coals. My faction screams and claps, them I mockingly bow. That earns a few sniggers. I sit next to Rea waiting for Jacob to be called up.

Jacob Trist

Jacob proudly stands and makes his way over to the bowls. He cuts the palm and looks at the dauntless then the candor, his eyes staying there a bit longer. Then he drops his blood in to the coals.

Dauntless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.1K 36
tris is the twin of Uriah and little sister of Zeke. read to follow tris life with an annoying pansycake brother and obnoxious older one too This sto...
28.6K 442 31
Tris is the younger sister of Zeke and Uriah Pedrad. Their parents are Max and Hanna. They are dauntless born. What happens when Tris falls in love w...
68K 1.8K 56
Tris is Zeke and Uriah's little sister. Zeke is 19, Uriah is 18, and Tris is 17. (I know that in the book Uriah is her age but not in my story) What...
83.9K 1.4K 74
Forget Beatrice Prior. Here comes Tris Pedrad. She has a twin named Uriah and an older brother, Zeke. He is two years older. She has been a prodigy s...