Twitch

By bot2655

"I didn't think you'd remember me." I said, as his intense blue eyes bore into mine. "How could I ever forget... More

Twitch
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

48 3 0
By bot2655

Chapter 2

Nathan's blue eyes reflected the sun, I could see tiny sparks of gold in them. I was mesmerized.

I remembered how he was the only one I'd run to if I'd get hurt, or scrape my knee, or get called nasty names by other girls in my neighborhood.

In other words, the only thing I ever craved for in my childhood was Nathan's attention. I craved for how safe he'd make me feel. How he was the only friend I ever had.

I felt him clear his throat, I didn't even realize that I was staring blankly into his eyes all this time. I snapped myself out of my childhood day dream and tried to get up, blushing. His strong hands helping me regain my balance, he held my shoulders even after I'd regained most of it. He was starring right into my eyes, almost making me feel like he could see through me, which I never let anyone do, after him.

"Uhm thank you, but you could let go now" I said nervously.

He blinked, and I noticed his face fell. He removed his hands from my shoulders nervously. I looked down thinking that'd make me feel less guilty for being so blunt.

"Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, thank you for saving me from breaking my neck" I smiled, sarcastically. He looked at me expressionless as if he didn't understand what I meant. I motioned my index towards the concrete bench a few inches behind me. Mathematically if I fell, my head would hit the edge of the bench, and I'd break my neck, and probably my back bone too.

His eyes flickered from the bench, to mine. He looked horrified as his mouth formed a small 'o'.

"Oh my god that would've been horrible, I didn't even notice it there before. Are you alright?"

I was stunned by how much he cared for me, it reminded me of his sweet caring self back in the days. I felt my heart sink. I tried to snap myself out of those thoughts, no one's ever cared for me that much before. Until now.

"Uhm yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about me" I replied with a nervous smile.

He's gotten so much bigger. Of course he has how stupid of me. I hadn't seen him in 10 years. His chocolate brown wavey hair reaching a little below his temples, His caramel tanned skin, his perfectly toned body obvious from his stretched t shirt. His luscious pink lips, not to forget those twinkling blue eyes of his with gold sparks, and full arched brows, frowning.

I snapped back to reality. What has gotten into me!

He was frowning like he was thinking about something really deep, he quickly tried to change his expression and seem calm, but his effort was noticeable.

"Uh, I'm Nathan by the way" He said smiling, and proceeded his hand towards me for a handshake.

I know you idiot! We were best fucking friends. Wait, does he not know that I'm Rachel? Does he not recognize me? Or did he just forget who I am. My heart clenched at the thought of him forgetting who I was. Why would he even remember you? A small voice from inside my head said. Who ever does? I felt my eyes moisten. I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"Rachel" I said sheepishly, shaking his hand. I felt my heart clench again, and my breath quickened at our touch. All the memories from our childhood shot back at me. All those happy moments, then came along the sad memories, of when he had left.

I stared down at our hands, avoiding his burning gaze. Why isn't he letting go of my hand?

I made a lame attempt at freeing my hand from his grip. It was like he immediately realized that he was holding my hand, for like forever. His hands immediately shot back. I looked at him and saw his cheeks redden. Was he embarrassed?

Probably embarrassed of being seen with you! My thoughts reminded me. I shoved that thought away.

"It was nice meeting you, Rachel" His voice trailed off slowly as he said my name. And I took in a deep breath trying to calm myself down.

"You too, Nathan" I replied. His eyes flickered onto mine as I said his name. I saw them twinkle. Like he'd remembered something.

"I have to get to class" He said as he smiled shyly.

God why did I find him so adorable!

"Yeah sure go ahead" I said as he looked at me one last time. And turned around walking towards the biology class. Hmm Biology?

Nathan's POV

I quickly hovered my large hands around her shoulders, in an attempt to stop her from falling onto her back. I held her in my arms, until I finally looked into her eyes, and it felt like the world had stopped moving.

They were the most beautiful emerald green shade, with a touch of brown. Her long lashes complemented them beautifully. Her soft brown hair fell smoothly over the exposed skin of my arm. And those pink full lips of hers, coated in clear gloss. I couldn't help but think of how they'd feel on mine. Behave Nathan! I snapped at myself.

I moved back a bit, to get a clear view of her perfect face. God she was breathtakingly beautiful!

I saw her blink a couple of times. Before she tried to get up, I helped her get up on her feet, my hands still on her shoulders, so that she wouldn't fall again. Although I wish she did, so I could save her and use that as an excuse to get closer to her. What's gotten into me! I just met this beautiful creature and I was already crushing on her on the first day of school.

"Uhm thank you, but you can let go now" She said slowly, in a voice that sounded like pure silk.

I removed my hands immediately from her shoulders, embarrassed. She probably thinks I'm a creep now. Great!

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude. Thank you for saving me from breaking my neck" she said, it almost sounded like a sarcastic remark.

I looked at her with the 'what do you mean' face. I saved her from falling over, which was probably my fault in the first place for being so blind and running into her. How does that make me worthy of saving her life?

She looked at me with a small grin as she motioned her index finger to the concrete bench which was behind her.

Fuck! How come I hadn't noticed that there before? What if she fell? I mentally punched myself. She would've been injured so bad. The thought of her being hurt clenched my heart.

"Oh my god that would've been horrible. I hadn't even notice it before. Are you alright?" I asked, the concern in my voice obvious.

"Yeah I'm fine don't worry about me" She said blankly. As if what had just happened didn't effect her at all. Any girl would've handled this situation she was in so dramatically, because the first thing that'd hit them would be of how hideous they'd look with a neck brace on. But she was different. She looked as though that would've been the least of her concerns.

I snapped back to reality, remembering that we were still in the middle of our conversation. She was starting at me intently. I tried to calm my expression. I should probably start by introducing myself.

"Uh I'm Nathan by the way".

There that went well. I mentally tapped my myself for not being too nervous. I put my hand forth, for a handshake. 

She slowly put her hand forward, and shook mine.

"Rachel" She said shyly.

I felt my heart stop. Rachel? Wait like Rachel Rachel? Like my Rachel? No it couldn't be. She did have the same colored eyes. But a lot of people have green eyes. It couldn't be her, she was a lot chubbier when I last saw her. Even though I loved it. But this breath taking creature in front of me couldn't be Rachel, Or could it?

I felt her hand move slightly in mine, like she was trying to pull away. I realized I was still holding her hand. God could I get any creepier?

I immediately freed my grip on her hand. I looked down so that she wouldn't see me blush. I felt her burning gaze on me.

"It was nice meeting you, Rachel" I said, a lame attempt at covering what a creep I was.

"You too, Nathan" I loved the sound of my name when she said it. I loved everything about her. From her bluntness, sarcastic remarks, her shyness that she obviously tries to hide. Not to mention her looks. God damn the way she looks.

"I have to get to class" I said, disappointed that our conversation had to end so early. But it was the first day at school and I didn't want to be late. And that'd probably save her from thinking how weird I was.

"Yeah sure" She said. I smiled at her as I looked at her for the last time. Turned around and walked down the hallway towards the biology class. I took in a deep breath. Woah! that was a good way to start any first day at any new school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
600K 29.6K 68
ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs. ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ. Two inseparable best friends. A bond so beautiful that nothing could've broken them apart. But it all changed 𝘵�...
59.3K 2.4K 51
"You wouldn't leave would you?" "I wouldn't even dream of it." "You have before though." "Only and idiot would leave someone like you twice." Laura h...
39.2K 2.5K 22
What happens when all of a sudden two best friends fall for each other?Just when the boy best-friend realizes his love,the girl best-friend introduce...