Chapter 9

Nathan's POV

I felt my phone buzz after an hour into the movie, I looked over to find Rachel shift slightly in her sleep and get comfortable on my shoulder. I'd be lying if I said I actually watched the movie and not her.

I unlock my phone to my mom's text asking me to apologize to Rachel because she got caught up at work last minute and wouldn't make it till after 8.

I look over at Rachel again and take in how beautiful she looked. Breathtaking on its own would be an understatement as the dim lights created a soft glow on her perfect complexion.

What I'd give for this girl to be mine.

But I knew I had to take my time, I wasn't going to take advantage of her while I was here. I knew there was more to her than she let out. I just needed to figure her out or so God help me I'd lose my mind. Not that I'm not already, whenever she's around.

I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, and let my hand linger on her cheek a while longer. She was cold.

I slowly move, allowing her head to rest on the cushion instead so I could grab a blanket. When I return I find her curled up into a ball. She looks so vulnerable, and it was definitely making it harder for me to keep my distance.

I wrap the blanket around her and get comfortable on the couch opposite to it. And before I knew it, I was dozing off too.

I heard the door unlock and creek open, revealing my mom. I spring to my feet and walk ahead to greet her, noticing Rachel still sound asleep on the couch. It was 10 past 9.

"Oh honey I'm so sorry, has Rachel left already?" She asks locking the door behind her.

"No she fell asleep during the movie."

"You've made lunch." She acknowledges when she notices the dishes in the sink while pouring herself a glass of water.

I hear Rachel groan behind us, and look over to find her staring at us with wide eyes.

"What time is it?"

"10 past 9."

"Shit I had to be home by dinner." She says rubbing her temples.

"Oh honey its fine, you can stay the night if you want, I'm sure Lizzie wouldn't mind."

I feel my heart rate pick up at the thought of Rachel spending the night. God what am I? 7 years old. Me and Rachel basically had sleepovers every single night when we were younger.

"Um are you sure?" She says sheepishly, I notice pink creep up her cheeks.

"Of course its alright. It's too late now anyways." My mother says as a matter of fact.

"If you insist."  Rachel says sheepishly as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and walks towards me.

"Can you tell me where the bathroom is?" She whispers. Probably because the lights were still dimmed.

"Second door to your left."

--------

I take a deep breath, grab the extra pair of sweats and t shirt and walk towards the guest room. I knock slowly then turn the knob.

"I got you clothes to change into." I hand the clothes to her.

"You didn't have to." She smiles.

"You'd sleep in those?" I point towards her jeans and tank top. She blushes.

"I don't usually.. " she pauses and holds the sweat pants towards me.

"You still don't wear pants when you sleep?" I chuckle as I remember her oldest habit. She absolutely hated wearing pants to bed.