Baby on the door step

By BrightPurpleLight

"Raylynn come quick"A little boy tells to his sister who was cooking dinner for the two of them. Raylynn turn... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Cover shoutout!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
UPDATE!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 7

12.1K 374 20
By BrightPurpleLight

Sorry for the late update...... I just finished all my exams so I will be updating a lot for the next three weeks!!!!

Enjoy this new chapter!

....Beep....Beep...Beep...

The rhythmic noise caught my attention as well as the overwhelming stark smell of bleach. I scrunch my eyes at the bright light that was sipping through my closed eyelids. I felt powerless and heavy. I could not move my hand, my head, or my body.

I slowly started blinking, desperately trying to open my eyes and see what's around me.

Where am I?

As blinding light slowly subsided I could take a vast glance to see I was at the hospital. And laying at the end of my bed was Tyler, fast asleep.

"Good you are awake!" A deep voice caught my attention from behind the closed curtain to my left. An older man in scrubs came forward with a folder, "Raylynn Jackson,"

"Yes," I replied, my voice a bit scratchy. How long have I been out?

Just a bit of talking woke little Tyler up and he quickly crawled up to hug me

"Ray! I missed you!" He laughed into my neck. All I could do was pat his head and move him over to lay next to me.

"How long have I been out?" I simply asked.

"Only a day, your body was dehydrated so we kept you on the IV for a couple hours, " He paused and scratched his head, "A tall boy is in the waiting room ready to take you home,"

Hunter.

"Hunter has Aria, she was being fussy," Tyler said and slid off the side of the bed. Slowly I pushed my legs off to reveal that I was still in my PJ's from Christmas day. Tyler grabbed her pair of boots and helped lace them up.

"Thanks bud," I softly say.

"Oh and Hunter says to wear that red beanie to cover up the bruise on your head, " Tyler said and pointed towards the dark red hat. Quickly I slipped it on and we both walked out of the room.

In the waiting room, Hunter was walking back and forth with a crying Aria. From far away anyone could see the angry red cheeks.

"Hunter, did you feed her?" I demanded and took my little sister out of his grasp. Immediately she stopped crying when she saw my face.

"Yes, It's 2:30, I fed her an hour ago," He said, "Also my hat does a pretty good job at covering your bruise,"

"How bad is it?" I simply asked reaching up to touch the sore spot on my forehead. Hunter grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Don't worry about it, you deserved it after fighting for your necklace," He stats and zips up his jacket. I hand Aria back to him as he had the baby carrier.

"Ha-Ha very funny, this necklace is very important to me and you know it," I death glared him, "Let's get out of here,"

Hunter nods and pulls out a grey jacket from his large duffel bag, "Here my mom found this and knew you would need it."

I nod in thanks and cozy myself up in the soft fluffy jacket. How could I have forgotten about this jacket, it's so nice....And....

"Ray!" A voice called and I jolted to find myself in Hunter's arms, "Focus,"

We were out in the parking lot already and I had no idea. I didn't fight as the boy lifted me up and carried me the rest of the way.

"Ugh, I just want to go to sleep," I simply say as my head pounded inside.

"No sleeping just yet, we have to make it to base and get you set up in your room," Hunter said and adjusted me in his big arms. I look down to the ground to see Tyler carrying Aria in her carrier, he was practically pushing her across the parking lot ice.

Once in the car Hunter turned up the heat and I buckled the little ones in.

"Where's this base?" I simply asked as I unzip my gray jacket.

"Its top secret, sorry I can't tell you the exact location," he paused, "But it's here in town, just not exactly,"

I smirked a bit and began to play with Tyler's unbrushed hair. The snow from a couple days ago was still on the cold ground and more flurries were falling lightly. Mom always loved the snow, she said that's it always made her feel free through all the pain she felt in her suffering. Oh....I wish she was here now.

"Raylynn, were here!" Tyler hollered taking me out of my trance. Looking in front two large metal doors lifted up by the help of two armed men. A lighted tunnel led us into an underground bunker full of screens, flyers, and military officers.

"What on earth-"

"Welcome to Pampa2, my home," Hunter smirked through the mirror to Ray.

Third person POV

Everyone turned around to a familiar red truck pulling into the base and stood up to welcome three new members. Raylynn wobbled out of the car but was steadied by Hunter holding her by his side.

"Well are we going to get a grand tour or just awkwardly stand here like a bunch of losers?" The normal Ray was back.

"Tyler, Aria, Raylynn, do you remember me from the other day?" A voiced turned the kids around.

"Hello Ms French," Ray greeted and took a step to shake the woman's hand.

"I see you are doing much better, but now it's time to get you to your room." Ms French ushered two officers over the three and they began to lead them up a set of stairs.

"WAIT!"

Ms French turned around to the eldest girl. She had determination in her eyes and anyone could tell she wasn't ready to leave.

"Where is my father?" She narrowed her eyes down at the woman.

"That is none of your concern child, for now go get some-"

Ray pushed one of the guards away and charged her way to lady, but she was pulled away in seconds by two women dressed in black.

"Raylynn, now is not the time. Especially in front of your siblings," Ms French concentrated her attention to a quiet Tyler, but a crying Aria.

The two women held Ray's arms tightly and practically dragged the girl up the stairs. The girl never took her eyes off the woman who came to her house on Christmas.

At the top of the stairs a long hallways of room stretched for hundreds of feet it seemed to her. And what seemed like forever they finally made it to room '34'.

"You don't leave here, unless one of us comes and find you," The tallest one ordered before shutting the three in the room.

"Well, that was welcoming," Tyler sarcastically said and hopped on the large bed in the corner of the room.

Ray couldn't help but laugh at her brother, "You have spent way too much time with me kiddo,"

The room looked like your classic hotel with comfy bed, TV, and a small kitchen set. The only difference was the boxes full of clothes and a baby crib near the heater by the back wall. And being underground meant no windows, but lucky for them a beautiful picture of a beach stretched behind the wall of the TV.

Aria began to cry louder now and Ray knew she just wanted to be held. Taking the girl, wrapped in a pink blanket, she turned on the TV. 'A Christmas Carol' played in black and white, making her smile.

She handed Aria to Tyler and began to search the closets for things, finding what she hoped was there....the Christmas presents. And they were, all wrapped up in a black trash bag.

*Knock* *Knock*

Hunter came through the door with his hands full of cups of hot chocolate and neck wrapped with lights.

"What are you doing Hunter?" Ray laughed taking the cups out of his hand and placing them on the kitchen counter.

"Though you deserved to have a Christmas, so I brought you a few things to celebrate," he said and took the lights off from around his neck, "Also I see you found the presents,"

"PRESENTS?!? WHERE?!?" Tyler exclaimed and jumped off the bed holding Aria.

Hunter laughed and walked behind Ray to grab the presents, "How about y'all decorate and then open them up later,"

"Or you can stay and help," Ray pipes in before the boy could leave. Hunter looked at the small family and picked up the lights off the ground.

"Alright," he said and began to walk over to the all.

Ray took Aria from Tyler's hands and placed the baby in her crib to play with the toys. When she turned around the boys were pinning the lights on the wall in the shape of a Christmas tree. And hanging hair accessories that they must have found in the boxes.

Ray walked to the trash bag and began to pull each present out and place them under the make shift tree.

Raylynn looked at the boy that she barely knew. His eyes were full of joy as he laughed with the small child next to him. She felt like He could trust him and she didn't know why. It was if he filled that empty place that she needed to be filled.

"Ray can we open the presents now?!" Tyler asked with a hot chocolate cup in his hand. Ray nodded and took a sip of hers, offering the extra to Hunter.

Aria sat in her brothers lap now playing with the bows on his presents. The little girl squealed every time she slapped the large shiny  object.

"Thank you," Hunter finally spoke up.

Ray was taken back a bit, "What do you mean? This was all you."

"For the first time in a long time, I haven't been this happy to celebrate Christmas. It's as if a piece of me that was missing was finally filled in," He smiled and walked over to the happy two on the floor.

The moment was perfect for the hell they were about to endure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 7.7K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
50.7K 1.2K 72
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
4M 86.8K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
63.9K 10.5K 71
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙