Darkness has a name: Peter Pan

By fanfic2150

This story is not for the faint hearted. It's a story about belief, desire, manipulation, and terror. Prepare... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 18

15.5K 413 239
By fanfic2150

 Lily’s POV

Love; It was an elusive phantom, haunting the hollow corridors of hope, constantly twisting out of reach at every turn.

Our love was a dagger dipped in dream shade- a hopeless end.

It’s tragic really. To only catch fleeting glimpses of what it could offer.

**********************

All I see is red. I'm ready to meet my end and take Pan straight to hell with me. I'm so consumed with darkness that plunging the knife in him seemed like second nature. It wasn't til I let go of the knife that reality sunk into my bones and I was aware of what I just did. I stabbed him.

Pan retreated a couple steps back with the knife still in his stomach. He gives me a sadistic smile as he slowly pulls the bloody knife from his body.

He opens his shirt and I see before my every eyes his wound close up and heal.

“Naughty girl,” he snickers at me. “I think I like the way this looks in you much better than in me,” referring to the knife. 

He begins to advance on me when he abruptly falls forward. He’s lying in the dirt unconscious with Bae standing over him with a log in his hands. He throws the log away like it’s a snake and looks at me panicked.

“What did I do? I’m so dead. He’s going to kill me next!”

I push myself up off the dirt and I grab his hand, darting into the woods. 

“Come on Bae we are getting out of here.” I’m practically dragging him behind me.

“Where!?” he yells at me frantically.

“We are leaving Neverland. I won’t have anymore people die because of me.” My mind is set. I can’t be here any longer. Peter claims he loves me, but I know that if I don’t leave he will eventually lose it and be the death of me. My love wasn’t enough. I can’t save him and I couldn’t save Sawyer. I don’t even care if I save myself but I will not let Bae die. Getting him off this island is my one priority.

“We can’t leave! No one can leave without Pan’s permission. No one has every escaped Neverland.” He lets go of my hand and drops to his knees in sobs.

“I don’t need his permission. I have something that can get us out of here.” This better work. It has too. 

“Wa-What?” he whimpers between sobs.

“A magic lamp. I have 2 wishes left. I’m using one to get us the hell out of here.” I'm pretty much praying at this point that these wishes can get past the invisible barrier of Pan's "permission."

I can see hope gleam in his watered eyes. I grab his hand to get him to his feet.

"What was your first wish?" he asks me curiously. My entire body stiffened at his question. 

“Doesn't matter anymore. Come on, we have to hurry before he wakes up!” I turn to start walking but am yanked back roughly to a halt by Bay.

“Seriously Bae we have to go!” I tug on his hand, but he is standing firm not budging.

“I know but... we have to go this way.” Pointing in the opposite direction of where the lamp was.

“I hid the lamp this way though.” I try pulling him with me but am getting nowhere. My patience is thinning. I’m seriously about to pick him up and run the rest of the way myself.

“I know but we have to get something first.” He pleads urgently.

“We don’t have time! We have to go now!” I yell back at him completely exasperated by his resistance.

“No! I’m not leaving here without Wendy!” he practically shouts in my face. I stiffen at the sound of that name.

Wendy?

Pan's POV

I awoke to find myself lying in my bed. How did I get here? What happened? I get up and look down at my body covered in dried blood. Sawyer’s blood.

The night’s events crashed in my memory like a freight train. My last memory was of Lily crouched on the ground next to Sawyer’s dead body.

I made her kill him. The terror in her eyes will be forever branded in my brain. I went too far. I let myself lose control to the demon within. It wasn't the first time I abandoned my morality and gave into the delicious desire to kill. But right now... was the only time I've ever felt guilty. 

I can fix this. I’ll make her understand that what she did was for the best. The first kill is always the hardest but we could get through this. Together.

She said she hated me. No matter how hard I tried to shake them, Lily’s words still haunted me. I no doubt saw the hate when she plunged the blade in my gut. A wave of fury washed over me at the memory. She will definitely be punished for that.

I winced at the pain in the back of my head. I touched the spot to find a small bump where the pain radiated from. Someone must have struck me. One more bastard on my hit list.

Wait… Where the hell is Tiger Lily?

I barge through my door to face my lost boys standing around. They immediately face me upon seeing my presence.

“Where is Tiger Lily?” I bellow out at them.

Felix steps forward. “She took off into the forest with Bae. I had a couple of boys go after them but we lost their tracks.”

“Is that so?” Absolute fury spread through my veins.

“Boys, I want another cage built by the time I return. Felix come with me,” I demand.

They wanna play hide and seek? Fine. I told her what happens when she tries to run from me.

When is she going to learn? She can’t hide from me here. How dare she even try! If I have to keep her under lock and key from here on out then so be it.  

Lily’s POV

“Moonlight Cave? That’s where you’ve been hiding her?” I can’t keep the surprise out of my tone. How come he never told me about her before? More importantly how did Pan not discover her the night we came. He answered my thoughts before I could ask.

“Yeah, I moved her the night of the party. If I hid her in the forest Pan would have found her in a minute.”

We walked deeper in the cave than we did last time I was with Peter. Bay pulls us to a sudden halt.

“Right here.”

I turn to my right and see a small hole in the cracked wall. Bae disappears through it and I follow close behind. The opening is narrow, making me feel claustrophobic. I hate small places. I see a small ember of light ahead. The narrow passage grows wider and we end up in a small dome.

I realize the light was a fire but it’s flames are slowly dying from lack of wood. Bae picks up a few braches that are piled on the side of the wall to build the fire again.

“Wendy? It’s me Bae.” He whispers loudly.

“Bae?” A girls voice whispers back. I follow the voice to the other side of the fire. She was wrapped in a dark blanket, blending in with her surroundings. 

The first thing I notice about this girl is her filthy appearance. Her hair is matted together by dirt making it difficult to determine if it’s blonde or brown. Her cheeks are smudged in dirt as well.

Bae pulls her into a hug and that’s when she notices me.

“Who are you?” her voice has an English accent. She has piercing blue eyes. Even in her dirty appearance I can tell she is beautiful.

“My name is Lily.” I answer back. She eyes my appearance up and down.

“How long have you been here Lily?”

I had to think for a second. I honestly was losing track.

“A little over a month. How long have you been here?” Her gaze finally leaves mine and she looks at nothing in particular. Lost in thought.

“I don’t know. It feels like forever. I lost count over the years.” Years?

She looks me over with a curious glance.

“He must like you. Most girls don’t last a week in this place.”

My stomach twisted at the sound of other girls being trapped here. I walk closer, sitting next to her.

“How have you been able to survive all this time without Pan finding you?”

She winced when I said Peter’s name out loud. I could tell he did a number on her.

“Well, I don’t go out much. Bae brings me food when he can.” She gives Bay a warm smile and he blushes. I can tell how fond and protective he is of Wendy.

I’m suddenly reminded of the first night Pan brought me here. When Peter was fake crying on the floor, he mentioned a Wendy.

“He spoke of you the first night I got here. He said that he killed a girl named Wendy. He also said you were the first girl on the Island.”

She breathes in a deep breath, wrapping a blanket tighter around herself. Looking at the fire as she tells her story.

“I wouldn’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth. Pan lies to get what he wants. My brothers and I were brought here together. It was so great at first. The magic here was so fascinating and beautiful really. There were no rules or adults to tell us what to do. No curfews.” Her face grows grim at the memories she speaks of.

“I began to lose track of time. Pan would play the flute for us every night making us forget the length of time we spent on Neverland. I thought we had just been there a couple of days but I soon learned it was months. He turned my brothers into vicious lost boys. I slowly began to see who Pan really was. A monster. I grew scared of Pan and wanted to leave Neverland.” Silent tears fell on her cheeks and she wiped them away quickly.

“When I asked if I could go home he completely snapped. He yelled at me and asked why I would ever want to leave him after everything he’s done for me. He beat me badly that night while my brothers just stood by and watched.” Her cracked voice was now breaking into sobs and Bae wrapped an arm around her in comfort.

“I became friends with Bae and he’s the one who helped me get away. I couldn’t bare the thought of leaving my brothers but they became... something else. Pan turns them into bloody demons!”

Yes his lost boys were vicious like Pan but…. They had always been so kind to me. I’ll admit they weren’t angels when I first met them but once Pan accepted me as his the others accepted me as well. Are these boys really what she says? Or maybe it's because I havn't been here long enough to see the truth. It hurt me to hear what Wendy went through. But how did she get away?

“You never told me how you ended up here. What made you finally decided to leave Pan?”

The look in her eyes went from sad to horror at some unknown memory. Bay wrapped his arms tighter around her.

“Wendy, you don’t have to talk about it.” Bae spoke in her ear. She was shaking with sobs in Bae’s arms. I felt guilty now for asking.

She finally calms down and looks up at me. “I don’t talk about what made me leave. I never talk about it.” I put a hand on hers and squeeze in reassurance.

“You don’t have to tell me. Just tell me how you escaped.”

“I planned a fake suicide. Bae was in on it and one other friend. Her name is Lavender. She’s the one mermaid I met in Neverland who isn’t like the others. We were out hunting near Mermaid Lagoon. It’s not far from Moonlight Cave. While Pan was distracted I ran over to the waterfall’s edge and jumped.”

Wendy started coughing and Bae offered her some water. After a couple of sips she continued.

“It was a dangerous jump. The jump could have killed me but I survived it. Lavender was waiting for me at the bottom and led me to this cave. Pan had his boys search the waters for my body but could not find me. They assumed I was eaten by mermaids.”

“He believed I died.” She gave me a smile, proud that she got away. I can’t imagine going through what she did. Surviving in this cave that long, all alone. I would go mad trapped in a cave like this.

“If you don’t mind my asking what are your brothers names?” I was curious since I knew pretty much all of them.

“Their names are John, Michael, and Sawyer.”

I felt like the air was knocked out of my lungs. It made since. Their facial features were so similar. Especially their eyes. What she said next almost killed me right there on the spot.

“Sawyer was the only one not to turn into a total beast. He looked out for me and for my other brothers since he is the oldest. How is he by the way?” She asked looking at me then at Bay.

I’m completely robbed of breath and speech. I felt like the walls were closing in on me. Bay speaks up saving me.

“He’s fine. But we have to go now Wendy.” Bay says in a hurry. Bay looks my way giving me a look that says don’t tell her.

She looks at him like he’s lost his mind. “Go where?”

“We are leaving Neverland for good. You can go home! Lily has a magic Lamp and is going to use one of her wishes to get us out of here!”

She doesn’t look excited at all. “Pan will catch us. I’m sure of it. I can’t risk it.” She pulls out of Bae’s arms, shaking her head back n forth.

I swallowed thickly. “No. I won’t let him. I will get us out of here. But we have to go now. ” I reach out for her to grab my hand. She looks over at Bay who gives her an encouraging nod.

She hesitantly places her hand in mine and says, “Okay. Let’s get off this bloody Island.”

Felix’s POV

The sun is rising, peeking it’s light through the trees. Pan has not spoke one word since leaving the campsite. He is walking a few paces in front of me. We’ve been walking in circles for hours. I’m getting the feeling Pan is lost and can’t pick up their trail.

Is it possible he has met his match?

Pan stops suddenly in mid step and I’m so consumed in thought I almost slam into his back.

“What is it?” I ask seeing the blank look in his eyes. The only times I've seen him like this, is when he picks up on something. The island speaks to him in a way no one understands. 

He turns towards me upon noticing my confused expression.

“I know where they are.” he says grinning. 

I meet his smile with one of my own. I was a fool to ever doubt Pan.

Peter Pan Never fails. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 6.9K 23
"he saw the darkness in her beauty. she saw the beauty in his darkness." ~~~ Jaelyn Blake is known for being the freak who thinks her brother was ta...
17.2K 590 16
A girl who washed up on the shores of Neverland, confused of where she was. Amnesia has crossed her mind, With the help of Peter Pan she find out, T...
2.1K 133 31
Peter Pan wakes up in the real world without his memories, magic, or lost boys. He meets a girl that he falls in love with, oblivious to who he real...
455K 10K 22
Kate is a girl shy, quiet and lonely. One night she has the most horrifying nightmare of all, her screaming catches the Shadows attention, and it ta...