The Chase ▹ Ashton Irwin

By bubblesirwin

"Welcome to the chase. Might as well just call it Hell." cover by @Iucifer More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN
CHATER FOURTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE
CHAPTER EIGHTY SIX
CHAPTER EIGHTY SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHTY EIGHT
CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE
CHAPTER NINETY
CHAPTER NINETY ONE
CHAPTER NINETY TWO
CHAPTER NINETY THREE
CHAPTER NINETY FOUR
CHAPTER NINETY FIVE
Author's Note

CHAPTER SIXTY SIX

155K 2.6K 3.7K
By bubblesirwin

A/N: follow me on twitter if you like macaroni and cheese @whirwin

The bell rang, finally, on Friday afternoon. The rest the week seemed to zoom by, even though I was spending every moment counting down the minutes to tonight. Anger from Nick's stupid plot to get Ashton and Luke in trouble never really left my mind, and I was ready to get back at him. I was pretty surprised at Luke's idea to reiterate the whole "vandalism" situation, to be completely honest. But that doesn't mean I'm not up to do it.

The only reason why Nick's parents are so wealthy is because his dad own's the most fanciest and successful country club in the whole city. It's huge, as Luke described it. It had acres and acres of golf courses, a huge gymnasium for recreational purpouses, and an over the top pool and spa. I've never been to it, but I've definitely heard about it. Luke, being Nick's best friend for a whopping 5 years, had full accsess to the country club, with no expenses to his family. Luke knows the place really well, and he still has his key to get in and the key that Nick stole from his dad and gave to Luke a while back. This key opens to gate to the whole place, and the way Luke explained it, it seemed almost fool-proof to get in. The plan, is to sneak in there tonight and do whatever the fuck we wanted to do to the place. No ones there to catch us, so how could we get caught? Calum, Natalie, Michael, and Sydney were going to help us screw the place over, and I was excited as fuck. I could tell Ashton was too, because throught 6th period we looked over to each other and smiled at least 20 times, obviously thinking about the same thing.

When the bell finally rang, and I quickly gathered all my things into my bag and walked over to Ashton's desk. "You're coming with me." He smirked, wrapping his fingers around mine and throwing his back pack over my shoulder. We walked out to the courtyard, and I looked up to Ashton to see him waving over to the tree, and I figured we would go over to Michael's house or something.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I pulled myself into the passanger seat of Ashton's car. I folded my hands in my lap as Ashton put on the radio, a good song blasting through the speakers. "To gather our instruments of torture." Ashton replied jokefully. We kept rocking out to the songs that played, until we pulled up to a hardware store in the shopping center a couple blocks away from our school. I stepped out of the car, and I groaned at how hot it became out here while we were in school.

"Luke gave us 20 bucks," Ashton laughed. "Let's go crazy."

I was gonna proposely stealing from this place, since Ashton probably could, but then again, this place has security cameras and loads of people in it. It wasn't like that liquor store we stole from last time. I giggled and wrapped my fingers around his more firmly as we walked into the store. I didn't know what Ashton was going to buy, but I figured he probably knows what to do more than I do. We walked into a random ile, and stopped infront of the shelves on spray paint.

"Good call." I nodded. There could be a lot that we could do. I watched as Ashton pulled out a can of green paint, a can of blue paint, and one of red.

"How much would this be?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and looking over to me.

"$18.50." I replied, doing the simple math in my head. Ashton's face lit up. "We have enough!" He sad happily. I laughed and pecked his nose softly, and grabbed his hand as we walked back to the counter to pay for it.

...

We pulled up to Michael's house around 9:00 that night. Ashton and I spent a little time driving around the city and making out in his place until the time came that the country club closed, and it was safe to go over there.

"There better be beer." Ashton laughed as we walked up to Michael's front door. I could hear laughter and clinking bottles inside, and I grew more excited to get the alcohol in my system tonight. I was in the mood to.

"HELLOOOOOOO!" Ashton called as he shut the door behind us. We walked into the sitting room beside the kitchen, to see Luke and Calum talking about something on the couch and Natalie sitting with Michael and Sydney at the kitchen table. I could tell by the smell in the room that at least a couple people were drinking in here.

"HEY BABE!" Michael said, stumbling up and wrapping his arms around Ashton, causing him to laugh. "I've missed you so much!"

"Michael's a little drunk," Sydney laughed. She placed her hands on Michael's shoulder's and pulled him off of Ashton. "Sit down babe." She laughed.

"We got spray paint," Ashton announced, setting the bag of spray cans onto the table. "Now I need food."

"Oh yes, graffiti will be perfect!" Luke cheered as I followed Ashton into the kitchen.

"You hungry?" Ashton asked me. I nodded and looked through the fridge to find left overs from Panda Express.

"Is Panda Express like, the only thing you ever have?" I laughed.

"YES!" Michael giggled. I looked around the room to see everyone taking sips out of beer bottles, Ashton included. I pursed my lips and looked over to Luke, whose eyes met mine. "I think you should drive." I laughed. Luke nodded, catching on to the fact that we were probably gonna be the only ones sober when we go over there. As much as I wanted to drink right now, I'll just wait.

...

"Okay ya'll need to be quiet," Luke said as we pulled up the trail that led to the country club. It was completely dark around us, except for the headlights of his escalade. "Especially you, Michael."

We had left Michael's house about an hour after Ashton and I had arrived, and everyone was luckily not as drunk as I thought they would be. Ashton was sobered up, and I sat on his lap in the back seat, playing with his hair.

"I'm fine," Michael replied with a laugh. "Well, for now."

I felt Ashton's thumb rub over my hand that was clapsed in his, and I leaned onto his chest and pressed a soft kiss to his mouth, moving my lips to his jaw line. His body was warm against mine, and I didn't bother paying attention to where we were going. Ashton let out a low chuckle as his lips grazed over mine, finally sucking softly on my neck.

"We can here you." Calum laughed from the front seat.

"We can continue this later," Ashton smirked in my ear. "It's too dark in here anyways."

I giggled and layed my head back against his chest, and waited until Luke parked his car outside a big mechanic gate, that wouldn't budge open at the presence of our car. I watched as Luke looked around as he got out, and left his door open and slowly walked over the side of the gate. He pulled a key out of his back pocket and jammed it into the side of the gate, and I figured there was probably a spare slot in the side, incase the gate wouldn't open automatically.

"Aren't there security cameras?" Calum asked as Luke walked back over to the car. A look of realization and disappointment flashed through the blue in Luke's eyes.

"Fuck," He muttered. "I forgot about that."

"Michael," Ashton said. Michael turned around in the seat infront of us and looked at Ashton to continue. "Can't you help with that? You're techy."

"I could look at it," Michael replied. He looked over to Luke. "Where are the control panels?"

Luke tilted his head to a little building beside the gate. It was one room, only big enough to fit one person, and I guessed that the gate operator usually sits there during the day. Michael got out of the car, and I continued to watch them both as Luke unlocked that door, and turned the light on. The room lit up, and I could see security screens on the walls. Michael's eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he looked at all the epuipment, and then he bent down to type something on the computer. His lips slightly pursed and his eyes narrowed at the computer screen, Luke watched in interest as Michael seemed instantly comfortable with the technology he was working with, and I felt my eyes widen in amusement as all the security screens went blank.

"Damn." Calum said as I watched Michael and Luke highfive eachother. Luke grabbed a ring of gold keys off the hook on the wall, walked over to gate, and pushed it open for us to enterance. I slightly wiggled my body in excitement, and Ashton just laughed and helped me off his lap to get out of the car.

Within minutes we were all inside the gates of the country club, and I looked around to see all the fancy things that Luke had explained to me about this place. I couldn't wait to get demolishing. Ashton's sweaty hand wrapped around mine as he reached into the backpack on Calum's shoulders.

"But wait," He smirked, taking out 4 six packs of beer. He turned to me and smiled, popping the cap off the bottle he held in his free hand. "First, we get wasted."

...

"What do we do?!" I called over my shoulder to everyone that followed me. As I ran across the big grassy field that led to the gymnasium and enterance to the golf course. By now, I couldn't feel myself think or process what the hell we were doing anymore as the alcohol in my system pulsed through my veins, causing every inch of skin on my body to tremble with pure adrenaline. It was almost pitch dark out here, except for a few lights here and there to illuminate outside the gym and spa. My vision was becoming blury as fuck anyways, so I didn't really care.

"Follow me!" Luke called, his voice hoarse from the alcohol he had taken in as well. Everyone, especially Ashton and I, were so drunk right now. I whipped my head around and found Luke running towards the enterance of the golf course, and I ran over in pure hyperness, slipping my shoes off to feel the cool, wet grass between my toes. I found Ashton, who was hysterically laughing at somehting Michael had said, and he turned and smiled at me.

"Catch me!" I laughed, hopping onto his back and almost causing our bodies to topple over as I wrapped my legs around his troso from behind, causing a high pitch laugh to escape his mouth. He leaned his head back, and I planted a sloppy kiss to his forehead as we came to a good-sized shack near the enterance to the big golf course. I stayed on Ashton's back, his big hands gripped my thighs to keep me from falling. Luke stumbled over to the door, and shoved it open with one of the keys on the ring. My throbbing eyes widened in excitement as the shack was filled with shiny golf carts, each able to fit about 3 people in the front and one in the trunk if they really want to. I could tell Ashton got excited as well, because his grip on my thighs instantly loosened and my drunken body couldn't help but stumble off and race over to one of the golf carts.

"Sydney!" Michael slurred, pulling his girlfriend to the other cart. She laughed as Michael pulled her up on to the seat next to him, and he searched around for the key.

"You fuckers are going down." I mumbled as I sat in the passenger seat of the cart Ashton had climbed into.

"Oh, bitch you wanna race?" Natalie chimed in. Her, Calum, and Luke climbed into the cart two down from us.

"Where the fuck are the keys?" Ashton chuckled, his fumbling hands sliding over the key rack unti he took it off and jammed it into the slot. The cart under us instantly started rumbling, and now all it took was one press to the pedal to get us flying out of the garage and onto the course. The other carts on either side of us started up as well, and my eyes shot over to Natalie, then over to Sydney. We all jokefully eyes eachother, then I looked over to Ashton.

"Have you ever driven one of these before?" I asked, raisng my voice over the laughter than echoed through the room. Ashton's head turned to face me, his mouth spread into a wide grin. He kissed my lips sloppily. "Nope!" He laughed, and before I could say anything, his foot slammed on the pedal. I shrieked as the car sped out of the garage, and almost flipped over as we sped down the hill, and onto the open grass.

"Ashton!" I screamed, as Ashton's adorable laugh over powered my volume. I grabbed onto whatever I could find to stay in the cart as I looked over to Ashton, his eyes squinted and his dimples on his cheek in one big smile.

"Shit-!" He yelled, whipping his head around to see the other's speeding up to us. I laughed and flipped off Michael who stared us down, speeding up so he was next to us.

"You need to work up on keeping up!" Ashton laughed, the alcohol obviuously making his voice's range much deeper than before. I squealed with thrill as Ashton spun over a small hill, making both of us bounce in our seats and come back down with a thud. We both started cracking up, but my laughter hitched as we hit a dirt pit, instantly killing our momentum.

"OH FUCK!" I screamed. Michael and Sydney's taunting laughs could be heard as they spend past us. I looked over to Ashton as his big hands gripped the steering wheel as he put the machine in reverse, and we backed up, sand spewing up at either sides of us.

My whirling thoughts were instantly interrupted at the sound of a huge crunch behind us. I whipped my head around to see Calum looking at us in his cart, an obviously pissed off look on his face.

"You fuckers!" He said. Natalie and Luke were cracking up and I realized then that we had crashed right into their golf cart. Not hard enough to get anyone hurt, but there was definitely a huge dent in the car. Ashton laughed and stumbled out, dragging my adrenaline-pulsed body out with him.

I whipped my head around to the sound of Michael and Sydney cheering in the distance.

"Dammit," Ashton muttered, followed by a laugh. He walked over to Calum, taking more beer out of his backpack. I raised an eyebrow at him as he walked back over, wrapping one of his arms around me and shoving our chests together. "Have I told you how hot you look tonight yet?" He asked, pressing a soft kiss to my jawline, causing me to giggle. He leaned back, gulping down about have the bottle and handing it to me. "More alcohol?" He said.

...

I ripped oped the can of red pray paint, and my trembling hands shook it. The alcohol in me was far from being gone, and all I could seem to process is how illegal all of this is. I wanted to care, and feel bad and maybe just leave this place because we've already done a lot to it, but I didn't feel like it either. There was so much adrenaline pumping through my veins that I almost felt high; which I could also really go for right now. I looked over to Sydney, who's hands were being guided by Michael as they sprayed out a big "FUCK YOU" on the side of the gym.

"That 'O' looks terrible." Ashton laughed, snatching the paint can from them. I watched as he reached up, his muscles flexing with each stroke of paint he put onto the wall, until a beautiful cursive rendition of "fuck you" appeared.

"YOU'RE DRUNK HOW DOES THAT LOOK SO PERFECT." Michael yelled, stumbling back so Sydney could catch him with a laugh. Ashton chuckled as he tossed the spray paint on to the ground, and Luke walked over to the door to the gym, and used one of the keys to unlock it.

"Bring the spray paint!" His drunken laugh echoed as he entered the building. The rest of the group followed, and I picked my stumbling feet up to go in as well. I gasped as I felt a strong grip on my forearm, casuing me to stumble backwards, a smile spreading across my face as Ashton pushed me up against the wall.

"Sorry," He mumbled agaisnt my neck, his hot breath tasted of alcohol. "I didn't want them near us right now."

"Craving me again?" I teased as his lips crashed into mine. Ashton's lips were soft, yet his tongue that pushed into my mouth was rough, taking mine to war with it. I giggled as I brought my hands the back of Ashton's neck, pushing our adrenaline-high bodies together. I ran my fingers up into his sweaty hair, and then back down to his back.

"You taste really good." He chuckled, moving his lips to my jawline, sucking gently as his hips pushed mine harder agaisnt the wall. My shut eyes opened with pleasure, rolling to the back of my head as I felt Ashton's hands slide down my sides. His teeth soflty bit my neck as his hands traveled down to the band of my shorts, pushing his hands slightly into them and grabbing my ass. He laughed at the little shriek that escaped my mouth, and his brought his hands to my bare thighs. His touch was warm against my skin as I felt my back slide up the wall, and I warpped my legs around his torso to keep myself from falling.

Ashton's lips moved down my neck as I ran my hands through his hair, which I could tell he liked by the moan that escaped his lips agaisnt my skin. He looked up at me, his green eyes blood shot, much like mine probably were. We smiled at eachother, and connected our lips together once again.

...

"Don't they have a pool?" I asked Luke, tugging Ashton after the group that were spray painting the walls of the gym. Luke laughed and nodded, turning down one of the corners and running down a hallway. The rest of the group followed us as Luke opened the door at the end of the hallway, and we all walked out to see probably the nicest pool in the entire city of Las Vegas. It was huge. Calum walked over to it, and poured a half dranken bottle of beer into it, tossing the glass bottle in after. We all watched as it floated back to the top. I looked over to Luke, who just shrugged. "Just go crazy." He smiled.

"Brooke come in!" Natalie squeaked about 20 minutes later. By now, Natalie had dragged Calum in the pool with her, and Luke had just jumped in as well. I didn't want to get all my clothes soaking wet, even though the alcohol pounding in my brain didn't care. I looked around to see Ashton laughing with Michael about something, both of their laughs high pitched as Michael draped his arm over Sydney's shoulders.

"Michael." She groaned, pulling him towards the pool. Michael smirked, and jumped in with Sydney with one big yell. They came back to the top and everyone cheered as Michael layed a sloppy kiss on Sydney's lips. I watched as Natalie turned back to me, along with anyone else.

"C'mon Brooke!" She laughed.

"Yeah Brooke don't be a wimp!" Luke laughed, splashing water at Calum.

"I don't want to get wet." I replied with a laugh.

"Oh c'mon, hasn't Ashton done that to you enough?" Michael said, and everyone instantly started cracking up. My eyes widened slightly at his words, but the alcohol told me to laugh, so I did.

"Brooke c'mon-" Natalie started to say again, but her words were silenced as her gaze looked behind me, a small smile on her face.

"What-?" I started to say as I turned around. I screamed as Ashton wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me off the ground.

"Ashton!" I shrieked. Ashton just laughed, throwing me over his shoudler as he walked over to the egde of the pool. Everyone was drunkenly chanting to throw my sorry ass into the pool, and I couldn't help but laugh with them.

"Don't you do it." I said. His arms brought me back to his front side, now holding me bridal-style. He looked at me with a sloppy smile, and kissed me one more time before drawing a deep breath into his mouth.

"Ash-!" I said, but he jumped, I screamed, and held in a desperate breath as I was instantly submereged in the cold water, all the laughter from the surface were gone. I opened my eyes, and Ashton's face as right up against mine, the pool lights making his eyes even more bright and beautful than usual.

"You bitch." I laughed, bubbles coming out of my mouth as my words were muffled by the water. I sprang up to the surface, and Ashton came up a moment later. Everyone cheered and laughed, and Ashton raised an eyebrow at me.

"You liked it." he chuckled, bringing his soaked lips to mine. I felt a splash against my back from behind, and turned to see Natalie laughing.

"BITCH!" I laughed, spalshing it back. Calum splashed Ashton, and Ashton shoved a wave of water back. Before I knew it Michael yelled something and we were at war. Splashing whoever we could with water, and dunking ourselves below the surface to dodge it. I whipped around just as Luke did, and we eyed eachother, each trying to hide the sly smile on our faces. He raised an eyebrow at me, and I just waved, before diving under the water and opening my eyes. I saw Sydney and Michael standng together, facing Luke and Natalie. I could only see everyone's legs, but I could hear all the laughter and shrill shrieks as they splashed one another with pool water. I looked over to Ashton's direction, and swam towards the skinny jeans and relatively large feet of my boyfriend, locking my arms around his waist as I brought my self above the surface. Ashton looked down at me with a sloppy smile as he pushed the wet hair out of his eyes. I climbed up onto his back, warpping my legs around him like I was earlier.

"Onwards!" I laughed, resting my head in the crook of his neck from behind. Ashton tilted his head back and looked at me.

"I love doing reckless shit with you!" He giggled. I kept my eyes on his for a couple seconds, then kissed his drenched forehead. I felt someone splash us from our left side, and I looked over to see Luke on Calum's back, both of them laughing.

"Hey!" I yelled, throwing a wave over to them. "We were having a moment here!"

"Save it for the bed, losers!" Calum yelled back, Luke sticking out his tongue at us. I looked back over to Ashton, who just smiled.

"Shall we kill them?" He joked. I laughed and presse one more kiss to his cheek. "Definitely." I laughed.

The next 20 minutes or so seemed to go by in slow motion, because Ashton's words kept echoing in my head. "I love doing reckless shit with you!" It was just one sentence coming out of Ashton's drunken mouth, yet it made my mind whirl. What we were doing tonight was so reckless, illegal, and quite evil, I must say. But, it was the most fun I've had in so long. It amazed me, to be honest. How I could go from always sitting inside, trying to get my homework done, and always going to sleep earlier than the average teenager. I used to call that "fun" and "exciting" But after meetng Ashton and all these people, my perspective on the word "fun" has completely changed. Maybe, what I used to do all the time could be fun for some people, but I realize now I'm not one of those people. Maybe I'm made to be with these kinds of people doing these kinds of things, because maybe being with Ashton and his friends is the only thing that can get me high without smoking at all. Maybe these young, reckless, and dangerous kids are the only ones I can feel free and happy with, and maybe I finally found somewhere to belong.

Thanks to Ashton, of course.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 5.3K 45
endless preferences from tumblr
2.2M 64.4K 31
❝Every time I ran, I ran to you. I meant it every time I said I loved you.❞
230K 3.4K 22
A booklet of 5sos imagine and preferences that I have written myself - cover credit to @cfairchld on twitter
647K 21.3K 31
"who the fuck is a 5 seconds of summer?"