Moving Forward

By xFakingaSmilex

Ava thought she had the world figured out until it was turned upside down. She must decide if she wants to be... More

Moving Forward
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Blake's Bonus Chapter
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Little Leaps

Chapter Ten

20.4K 942 752
By xFakingaSmilex

A few pre-drinks later, Kyle and I stumble into the nightclub with excitement buzzing through our system. The alcohol begins to work it's magic as my footwork becomes sloppy as I move through the building. However, my spirits soar higher than ever.

With bright smiles on our faces, we seek out the bar for new drinks. After today's events, I need this to take the edge off.

Kyle grabs my hand and tugs me through the bustling crowd of dancing bodies. We almost reach the bar when Kyle jerks me into a different direction. We weave to the right and then he drops my hand. I'm lost for words until I see Kyle embrace Charlotte. They sway back and forth until they part and begin their own conversation.

"I'll get drinks," I yell before their lips have a chance to connect.

On the way to the bar, Axel emerges from the crowd. He immediately wraps his arms around my waist for a hug. I lean on my toes and press a kiss against his pink lips.

"You made it," he happily shouts.

"Of course, I said I would." I smile.

"Thank you for coming. I'm so nervous about playing on stage," explains Axel.

"Don't be, you're going to be amazing," I cheer.

"It's been so long since I performed," he adds.

"You'll be amazing, I just know it." I shrug.

Before Axel can escape in despair, I tug on his hand and lead him through the crowd. After all this wait, it'll be nice for him to meet my friends.

"We are we going?" Axel yells.

"I have important people I want you to meet," I clarify.

"If I wasn't nervous, I am now." He chuckles.

Somewhere in the distance, I find Kyle and Charlotte dancing to a Green Day song blasting through the overhead speakers. They're on the cusp of the dance floor, so getting to them is easy. I lightly tap on Charlotte's shoulder, which causes her to spin around.

They stop dancing and huddle around me as I introduce the pair.

"Guys, I want you to meet my friend, Axel." I point towards Axel, which is his cue to smile. "And this is Kyle and Charlotte."

Kyle gives him the once over before stepping forward to greet him.

"Hey, man, nice to meet you." Kyle nods.

In a half-awkward motion, Kyle wraps one arm around Axel in a hug that lasts seconds before they step away. Charlotte bounds in next, throwing her arms around his neck for a tight embrace. I can't tell what Kyle's thinking, but so far, I hope he likes Axel. I could easily see the two being friends because they're so alike.

"I'm excited to hear your music," says Charlotte.

Despite the beginning of a conversation, I can already see this flopping. Though, I do appreciate Charlotte's effort to speak with Axel. Kyle, on the other hand, hands back, eyes darting around the scene. I suppose it's natural for him to be protective over me.

"Thank you, Charlotte. I hope you enjoy the show."

"Don't worry, I will!" Her contagious smile seems to spread to Axel.

After a couple of minutes, Axel nervously looks at the stage to see one of the band members poke his head through the curtains from the wings.

"Well." He nervously smiles. "That's my cue to leave."

Kyle and Charlotte wish him luck and return to dancing. Before Axel leaves, I kiss him for luck. I watch as Axel runs backstage to prepare for their show. Despite the nerves bubbling through his system, I can see the excitement lingering in his eyes.

I wish I had the strength and confidence to step out and do bold things like Axel. He decides he wants to return to the band, so that's what he does. Me on the other hand . . . there's no amount of pondering and convince that could get me onto a stage to perform. Even if I wanted to do something else with my life, it'd never have the guts to do it.

The line is slightly long but I manage to squeeze in with the help of a fellow guy offering to let me in. I order a few random cocktails off the menu and pay with a swipe of my card.

When they are ready, I grab them from the counter and search for Kyle and Charlotte. They're not hard to find as they're roughly in the same place. I manage to offload the drinks and thank them for coming to the performance.

"I'm going closer to the stage," I explain.

They nod their heads as I slip into the tight, sweaty crowd. As I push my way around, I take off to the outskirt of the group to find a point of weakness. Pushing through the crowd almost feels impossible at this rate.

As I look around the room, I come face to face with none other than Blake. He no longer looks desperate but perhaps more himself, certainly more than he's ever looked over the last couple of months.

With a shaven face, a clean button down shirt, and the look of excitement lingering in his vibrant green eyes, it makes my heart surge with pain. The lights above us flicker, illuminating the space.

My breath gets swept up in my lungs and for the first time in a long time, I can't breathe within his presence.

"I need to, um," I gasp.

Blake uses my weakness to his advantage. He grabs my hand and tugs me closer to his body. Our chests press against each other as I gaze into his green eyes. I break free from his grip, but only for a moment. He spins me around and presses his front against my back. His lips brush against my ear, which sends shivers bolting down my spine.

"I know you want me, Ava Greyson, and if you deny it, we'd both know you'd be lying to yourself."

I look over my shoulder, our gaze instantly meeting. Without meant to, I find myself getting lost within his vibrant green eyes, damn, Blake.

"What are you doing?" I frown.

"Reminding you that I'm still here, that I still want you."

His lips meet mine in a fervent motion with catches me off guard. Blake spins me around as his arms lock around my body. I lose all self-control as the kiss deepens. Within one touch, I feel terrified yet exhilarated.

Blake jerks back the moment the band is announced on the loud speakers by the DJ. I look over my shoulder and see the group run on stage. My heart erratically thumps within the confines of my chest.

Axel claims the left side of the stage and picks up his guitar. As soon as the drummer begins, Axel and the other band members fall into sync.

Someone grabs my arm which causes me to flinch back. Kyle tugging me towards the crowd and closer to the stage. As we move through the swarm of people, I look over my shoulder to see that Blake is missing. Where did he go?

Kyle manages to get us to the front which appears to make Axel happy. His face lights up as our gaze instantly catches. Axel grins at me, his confidence surging through the roof. He steps to the front and plays alongside the lead singer.

The pair rock out together until Axel falls to his knees and begins to shred the guitar with his mad solo. I jump up and down, screaming at the top of my lungs. My throat burns and I can barely hear myself over the music, but that doesn't matter.

At the end of their performance, the singer thanks the crowd and they leave the stage while waving. Axel races to the dance floor and we meet halfway. He scoops me into his arms and kisses my cheek. My stomach knots and my lips tingle from Blake's kiss. Before Axel can take things further, I grab his shoulder so that I can talk to him.

"We need to talk," I shout over the music.

Axel nods his head and then we move to the booth section where it's quieter for us. He tugs me onto his lap but I slide off and onto the leather cushion. The material is cool against my warm skin.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"My ex-showed up and well." I bite my lip, unsure of what to say.

"Don't worry." He shrugs. "You're a woman worth fighting for. I wouldn't let you go easily."

"But the things is." I sigh. "I still love him and I have no idea what I'm doing with you."

"Is this your attempt to scare me away, Miss Greyson?" He laughs.

"Maybe?" I smile.

"I've always loved a good fight." He winks.

Axel wraps his arms around my neck and kisses my cheek. I rest my face against his shoulder and grab his hand. Forever seems like a really long time without Blake.  

I'm always excited when Blake comes onto the scene, how about you??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 568 20
|COMPLETE| A tainted love... Iris is a seventeen year old experiencing her first signs of love. She was your average teenage girl who had a secret cr...
443 3 30
Ava just came back from Greece as she decides to continue highschool back home with her bestfriends. She later on meets someone who makes her see a w...
1.6K 17 33
๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...
2.5M 100K 55
Torn between risking it all and losing the man she loves, Ava must make a choice, but in the process of making this choice, Ava must accept the conse...