PAST VISION : ICY PAST

By LemonAcidEmm

Solving a regular case should take a day or two for the mighty detective Lydia Spencer who has an alien abili... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Gang Problems
Chapter 4 : Zara-Guilty ?
Chapter 5 : Shocking Discovery
Chapter 6 : World's Saddest Jackpot!
Chapter 7 : Captured!
Chapter 8 : The Unexpected
Chapter 9 : Unbelievable
Chapter 10: All Lies
Chapter 11 : Should I leave?
Chapter 12 : What happened?
Chapter 13 : Battle of the Day
Chapter 14: Icy Heart
Chapter 15: Frozen Half
Chapter 16 : Dark Side
Chapter 17 : The Choice
Chapter 18 : The Secret of the Past
Chapter 19 : History
Chapter 20 : Obstacles
Chapter 21 : Cursed
Chapter 22: The Row
Chapter 23: Death
Chapter 24 : Leaving
Chapter 25 : The Spy
Chapter 26 : Rebel
Chapter 27 : Who Are You?

Chapter 3 : Parelthon Hunter

509 359 78
By LemonAcidEmm

No matter how hard I tried to remember, I still couldn't picture a single memory from my past. Glitches and fractions of it appeared, but I wasn't able to decipher them.

I couldn't even use my telepathy, it was like a certain part of my spinal cord was damaged by the enchantment.

After a few consultations with Zara, I decided to meet the Queen.

Urban legends said that she was an Oracle who knew everything. However, to be able to communicate with her, there was a need to cast a practical code. The code was kept in the libraries hidden beneath libraries. Tunnels and underground chambers were the only way to reach the dimension in which the library lies, hidden from mortals.

However, Zara had once cast the spell. She drew equations on the ground, forming a circular design on the ground. The circle drew everything towards it, forming a huge burst of light after a few seconds being formed. A voice emerged within the silence. The soft musical voice echoed throughout my head.

"Lydia, ENTER the cave outside your house it's a portal to the Kingdom of Parelthonian Visioner.
Follow the MARKS and you will find a small stone glowing brightly that has a butterfly symbol carved in it.
Once you EXIT the cave, you will find yourself standing in front of a vessel.
Call Captain Rendevel and ask him to give you a SIGN to my castle."

The riddle felt familiar to me. Some part of my head remembered the riddle, but the other part forgot the answer.

"Your instincts will lead you wherever you go..." her voice trailed in my head.

Strangely, I wasn't able to find the cave she meant. All I saw outside my house was a small dog house that belonged to my neighbors' dog. I carefully duck down and crawled inside the dog house. It was too short for me that I had to drag my body as I struggled to get in. I found the small stone she said earlier, it looked like a sort of pendant. The stone shone brightly and revealed its beautiful butterfly carving. Blurry images started transitioning inside my head. My head shook wildly a few times. I tumbled a few steps forward. I fell on my back groaning in pain as I rubbed my back. I shook my head and brushed off my tangled hair. I leaned against the wall and slowly continued my journey.

The cave led me to its exit, a vast plain, and a simple door. The door's knob drew me towards it. The pull was irresistible and strong. The door led me to another planet.

I walked forward and entered a building standing right in front of me. It triggered me somehow towards it. Every single thing contained within the dimension had an irresistible pull that forced me to do exactly what they wanted me to do.

The entrance of the spacecraft slowly opened and revealed itself.

I carefully entered the craft, still not sure of what was going to happen. A mini android guided me inside. The place was awfully hectic, a group of Martians running around here and there, carrying light sabers, a group of beast trainers walking with their pets, a group of ship controllers, hustling their thick clipboards.

Suddenly, I bumped against a bulky man walking past me. He spilled a cup of hot boiling fluid to the ground, hissing in pain as the fluid lingered on one of his fingers.

"Ouch! My apologies..." he said as he turned to me.

"No, it was my fault... I-I was just ... are you Captain Rendevel?"

"Yes, perhaps you're... Lydia?"

"I am. Have we met before? The Oracle told me to-" He walked to me and gave me a hug. It seemed like he's known me before.

"So, is there something bothering you these days-"

"-nothing at all. I was just..."

"Something tells me that there is something that has been bothering you, please loosen yourself and speak comfortably."

Well, that was nice of him to soothe my pressure. "I was attacked by this stranger, he wore a black hood and he also wore a metallic mask. I am a Parelthon Visioner, only a Parelthon Hunter could do such deed."

"The only Parelthon Hunter who had existed for the last two decades was your uncle. Unfortunately, he passed away 15 years ago."

"You have to get to the Queen, and she is the only one who can hear of this matter. Don't trust anyone else!" He whispered.

He gave me as sort of digital map and asked me to put my hand on top of it.

Suddenly, a barcode bracelet appeared and it produced a hologram with a sort of map that would lead me to the Oracle's palace.
"Thank you!" I shouted as I ran through the door. I swept pass the people surrounding me, running and bumping to some of them as I headed for the gate.

The vessel landed in Phobos, which was my . . .

***

In fifteen minutes, I could see a glimpse of the palace's gateway. I was too tired to run, so I pressed a button from the hologram and a hoverboard floated across me.

"That's what I'm talking about...Woah!" I cheered as the hoverboard sped off towards the palace.

When I reached the gate, I came across the waiting Guard. He tapped his legs against the ground, crossed his arms, and stared at me creepily.

"You're late!"

"Sorry..."

"The Queen is waiting for you. Right this way." He said, motioning me to follow him.

The Queen warmly welcomed me. I bowed quietly as I looked at her.

"Let's get straight into business. What's wrong? " She asked in a zealous tone.

"I thought you were supposed to know everything, Your Highness."

She crept closer and spoke.

"You're definitely one nimble girl my dear. These days, the Galaxy Cops have been bothered by a mysterious wanted criminal who is capable of teleportation, Parelthonian Hunting, and flight powers. Those powers are only possesed by a Martian Spechulanion. A rare sub-species bred by a Martian and a Tricopediscillia. Colonel William Spencer is the only Martian Spechulanion whose presence has been recorded by the Great Galactic Council."

She stopped for a while before continuing.

"But I guess this new criminal might be the second one. So far, the criminal has killed more than ten galactic organisms, 3 humans and injured more than 30 galactic organisms.
Recently, he or she  was reported to have killed three librarians guarding the code to the kingdom of Parelthoners. Victims who survived this cold-blooded assailant powers described him wearing a hood, some others described him as heartless and nicknamed him The Red Eyed Shadow."

"Three librarians, two of them were woman and the one was a man?"

"Why yes, how did-" she asked.

"A brunette killed them, I solved the case. But is the brunette the one who took my powers?" I confidently shrugged.

"Yes, indeed. That was why your Department failed to accomplish the task." She had mockingly.

"I failed?" I stood back in shock.

"Not really, you are still in the game dear, you haven't lost it yet."

"So, how do I catch her?"

"Think. It's quite simple actually. Combine the powers, physical appearances, who do you think did it?"

The powers, reminded me of Zara. She was young, athletic, and she was a brunette.

"No. . .that's impossible. . .I can't believe this. . ." I muttered as I covered my own face. I was terrified of my own thoughts.

Somehow, the thoughts I had were quite believable. I had to do an investigation on Zara. She was the only one capable of doing something like this to me, because she was a Martian.

-End Of Chapter Three-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 10 14
She isn't just any girl, no one really knows who she is, but everyone knows what she can do. Is she there or not, you can only tell by her glimmer. S...
99K 11.2K 42
The robots rule earth. The girl only known as reject #5642 doesn't own her name, she doesn't own her body and she doesn't see a future on the artific...
12.3K 334 58
When you think you've been through the worst thing to ever happen to you, something new comes to prove that everything you thought was safe isn't, an...
1.4M 33.4K 64
❖𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞. 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐥...