Sweetest Downfall

By ashley0214

“I love you. I really do” He whispered so gently in her ears. Suddenly, he reached for her hands and placed i... More

Sweetest Downfall
Chapter 1: Rain drops
Chapter 2: Definitely not the new transfer student
Chapter 3: Feelings suck
Chapter 4: The Irony Is Hella Confusing
Chapter 5: For Someone to Love
Chapter 6: Better Than Fairytale
Chapter 8: You're imperfect but perfectly perfect to me.

Chapter 7: Live a little, it's just detention

65 2 2
By ashley0214

I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling right now. Flashbacks of what happened yesterday remained plastered on my mind. Daniel asking me to be his girlfriend ... our first holding hands ... and especially the dance.

It still feels surreal. One minute, we were arguing about petty things and the next thing you know, he's gonna do something out of the box that will make you swoon.

I've got it bad.

I sure am doomed with this guy.

When I'm with Daniel, I get the weird tingles and I don't know why. I just keep on having that sensation. 

He makes me wanna dream of the impossible.  

And I'm hoping that we will last.

I shut my eyes tight but my mind was awake. Oh crap, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

--------------

I woke up to my mom shouting that I would be late for school if I don't hurry up. I wanted to move but I can't so I just blocked the commotion with my pillow.

Did I mention that I'm not a morning person? Well, yeah. I literally would kill anyone who dares to ruin my sleep.

"Naomi, hurry up young lady and get down here! Don't make me dragged you!" My mom yelled

I can sense the irritation in her voice.  I groaned. If I push it, I'd be in trouble with my mom. But the bed ... it's too comfortable... it's pulling me in

"NAOMI GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!!!" Mom shouted and I'm pretty sure even the neighbors heard her uproar. 

Shit, that got me moving. I quickly changed into my clothes. I wore something simple yet elegant. I decided to go for white. I was never one to care for my appearance. I would just randomly wear anything I've comfortable with. But just for today, I wanted to look good. 

"Naomi, where are you!?!" Mom said. The anger in her voice was evident now. 

"Just a sec Mom, coming" I said hastily

After looking at the mirror for the last time, I went downstairs to meet my mom. I gently placed a peck on her cheeks to simmer down her anger. I know that works all the time for her.

"You should know how important time is, honey. Stop being so stubborn when waking ..."

 "Gotta go, Mom. Running late. You know, time is important" I replied smoothly. 

I knew where the conversation was going and I don't really want to start my day with a sermon. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing Daniel today.

----

I barely made it to school and thank God I wasn't late.

I kept looking around the classroom in hopes of finding Daniel. However, he wasn't here. Weird.

Shortly after, the teacher arrived and started the lesson. Is he absent? Where is he? 

I kept on wondering that I didn't notice the teacher was calling me out. 

"Miss Williams, I appreciate your time for daydreaming. But now is not the ..."

The lecture of my teacher was suddenly cut short when a certain someone entered the room. He looked disheveled but he still stood out. He seem to have just woken up but there's no traces of imperfections in him. He calmly entered the room and every girl's eyes were on him. I mean, I couldn't blame them. He was too damn gorgeous. It was unfair. 

"Stop drooling, princess." He whispered in my ear and I flinched. I almost feel down from my chair. Good thing, I was able to grab my table. 

He chuckled at my reaction.

"You.. You... what" I stuttered.

"Mr Evans, sit down! I don't appreciate you coming late into my class." The teacher said sternly

"My deepest apologies, Sir. It won't happen again" He answered with such a manly voice. Even his voice is nice, where's the equality in this world? I grumbled.

"Why the long face, princess?" He mumbled

"Stop calling me princess" I replied. The term "princess" does not suit someone like me. I thought to myself. Plus, having him say those words makes me shiver. 

"But it suits you."   

"Stop." I retorted. I could feel the heat rise up to my cheeks. Stupid hormones. Stupid "automatic blush whenever Daniel is around"

I hate being awkward. 

I tried averting my attention back to my teacher who was discussing Algebra. But before I can fully bring back my focus to him .. Daniel started whispering again.

"I bet you didn't get any sleep last night" He blatantly said. No hesitation or whatever. I gasped.

"Wha..What.. are you saying!?" I shrieked. I momentarily forgot we were in a classroom having a lesson. All eyes were on me now. And one particular guy was smirking at me. Oh crap.

"You two, DETENTION! AFTER CLASS!!" Our teacher shouted 

I was so in trouble.

The bell rang and I hurriedly ran out of the room. I could feel someone following me.

"Nami, wait!" Daniel yelled

I didn't stop walking. I moved even faster.

Then, I felt someone grab my arm making me turn to him.

"Slow down. Nami." 

I slapped his hand away.

"What? Are you angry at me? " He asked

"Well, what a wonderful question. I wouldn't be in detention if it weren't for a certain moron. Right?" 

"Oh come on now, Nami. Live a little. It's just detention." He argued like I'm the one who was wrong. The nerve of this guy.

"Wow, are you seriously saying that?" I asked while looking at him like he lost his mind or something

"Yeah. What's the big deal anyway?" He stated as a matter of fact. 

I took it as my cue to leave. He grabbed my hand again and made me look at him. 

"Okay, wait! Think of it this way, I may have wanted to spend more time with you even in detention" He stated in one go. I noticed how he became sort of flushed.

And now, I'm blushing too. 

This guy and the things he keeps on saying. It drives me insane and mad but I can't help but fall for him even more every single time.

He tugged at my hand then blurted "Well then, let's go to detention?"

I swear I laughed so hard... my stomach hurt.

"Let's go badass" I replied while rolling my eyes. And I squeezed his hands back.

 ---

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I feel so motivated to write lately. I don't know but the inspiration keeps on flowing in. Incredibly happy because writer's block is not affecting me lately. Wuhooo!

I dedicate this chapter to "Carmerlia17." She's my 4th follower here in Wattpad, I believe. So awesome when people follows you. It brings a smile to my face.

Comment, follow or vote for anyone who enjoyed this chapter.

Let's start the year right Xx 

Continue Reading