Breathing Spirit

By little_issue16

Breathing Spirits are roaming the Earth and most are hiding amongst ordinary humans. They seem normal to the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 13

37 0 0
By little_issue16

Chapter 13

The day had finally come. Roan had kept Drew hanging on for two days and wasn't sure how much longer he was going to cope. She had her final two hour training with her uncle, before going to speak with Stella.

"You have done well these passed few weeks, Roan. Be proud of that. You have got so much done, I hope this is a big success for you." He said as he walked her out of the room. She turned to him.

"Me too." She took one last look at the room and then made her way to her Aunt's door.

"You're ready." He said. Roan nodded and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Stella called. Roan breathed deeply as she turned the handle and walked straight in, shutting the door behind her.

"I'm ready." She said standing in front of the desk. Stella took off her glasses and placed them on the desk. She looked up at her niece.

"You know Roan, I always knew you were going to be brave, clever and courageous. It's in your blood." Stella began to entwine and interlock her fingers as if something was on her mind. "I know you are ready Roan, but I can feel your nerves."

Roan looked down, feeling weak.

"That isn't a bad thing Roan just don't let it overpower you. I want you to go out there and kick some butt!" She smiled. Roan nodded and went to the door.

"Roan! Be warned, I expect to hear from you and I will eventually want to know where you are. Get their trust and hide yourself, but never forget what they are capable of. Find the fourth and kill them, leave the others to us." She said. Roan looked at her aunt.

"Of course." She said opening the door.

"Good luck, Hunter." Stella said. Roan felt stung by the name, but shoved it away. She ran upstairs and someone followed her.

"Aimee?" Roan asked.

"You're leaving then?"

Roan just nodded.

"I'll help you pack." She said. Roan let her come inside and took her to her room. Aimee began to take out clothes and fold them, whilst Roan brought out a large bag to put it all in. She only put a few hunter's clothing in and the boots and squashed everything else in. Aimee then sat on her bed.

"Promise me you wont get yourself killed."

"That's a big thing to promise." Roan said.

"I know, but I don't want to lose you."

"You wont Aimee, I'll always be here for you." Roan gave her friend a hug and she let Aimee out again. When Aimee was safely away Roan went into Drew's room.

"Time to go." She said. Drew took a small backpack and shoved some clothes into it. He put on a pair of trainers and Roan slung on her converse and they went downstairs. Something then struck Roan.

"We can't leave together. Let me take your bag and I will wait for you out of the camera's eye, just outside the gate." She said. Drew nodded and let her take the bag. She wanted to leave quietly so no fuss was made. Before she got to the door, she said bye to Robin who was waiting for her. He pulled her into a hug and she gave him a friendly squeeze.

"Stay safe." He told her.

"I'll try." She said.

"Roan..." He began and she put a finger to his lips.

"Maybe you should see the girl who wants you most." She whispered, quickly glancing at Aimee at the top of the stairs. Robin looked up at her and she smiled and blushed. She covered it up by waving at Roan. "You're my best friend Robin and I wouldn't want to mess it all up. I'm not that blind I can see it." She said. She kissed his cheek and then left. Robin watched her go, feeling stupid. She didn't want him, not like he wanted her.

She turned and waved and he did the same back, before shutting the door. Roan sighed and slung the bags into the boot. When she shut it, she jumped as someone stood next to her.

"Didn't think you would go without saying goodbye did you?" Will asked. She rolled her eyes and leaned against her boot.

"Bye, Will." She said.

"Stella told me to give you this." He said, holding up a diamond heart on a silver chain. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny either and it caught the light in the most perfect way.

"What's this for?" She asked.

"Luck and protection." He said putting it around her neck. He rubbed her shoulder afterwards and she turned around. He bent down and she quickly turned her head and he kissed her cheek. "Keep fighting." He said, going a little pink. She smiled and nodded before clambering into her car. She just sat there for minute shaking her head and then she looked one last time at the Hunters headquarters she had spent the last three months in. She started the engine and went up the drive. As always she got the gate open and she drove out, turning left and she moved just away from the end of the wall and waited. A couple of minutes passed and Drew jumped from the top of the wall and onto the road. He ran to the car and climbed in.

"Finally." He said. "Thought you would never stop snogging Will." He teased. She gave him a filthy look.

"I didn't want to snog him! And anyway I moved quick enough for him only to catch my cheek! Don't forget I'm saving your life her so be nice!" She snapped. Drew laughed and she started up the car once again before heading off to somewhere faraway.

She had been driving for a good few hours and carried on into the night. As she was driving through a small village, she could suddenly smell bottled souls and spirits. She followed the scent until she came just outside the village and what looked like a small pub was about two hundred meters away. She drove the car up to it and they went inside. At the bar was a big man, with a stubble moustache and a bald head. Along his arm was an anchor tattoo and a little hoop hung in his left ear. The bar was also full with men and women drinking what Roan recognised to be different sorts of spirits and souls. She made her way to the bar and she and Drew sat down.

"How old are you are what's ya names?" The barman asked, his blue eyes twinkling in the light.

"Both of us are seventeen, so yes we can buy from here seeing as you have to be sixteen to get in. I'm Roan and this is my cousin Drew. He's new at this." She added quietly.

"All right love we will get him something weak and what can I get you?" He asked.

"Just some weakness will do for me. I'm driving." She said holding up her key. The barman chuckled and got Roan her drink in a glass bottle and he watered down some weakness for Drew. He gulped it all down and asked for another. Roan smiled and slowly drunk what she had.

"So who are you then?" She asked.

"My name is Rupert and I have lived here my whole life. Grew up as a Breathing Spirit and wanted to help those that are thirsty." He said as he cleaned some glasses.

"That's kind of you. I also grew up into being a Breathing Spirit. My parents disappeared and we have run away from my aunt." She lied, trying to sound realistic. "Seeing as what has happened to poor Drew."

Rupert nodded.

"Don't blame you. Humans are strange things."

"Well I understand that now." Drew said as he put down his third glass.

"I'll put these on the house." Rupert winked.

"Thanks, appreciate it." Roan smiled. As Rupert went to get another drink for Drew, some young guys in biker outfits came strolling in. Roan turned and looked as the leader of the pack leaned across the bar. They couldn't have been older then eighteen.

"The usual for all please Rupert." He said running a fingerless gloved hand through his slick dark hair. Rupert smiled and the man turned and looked at Roan.

"Who's this pretty girl?" He asked.

"This is Roan and Drew. She quite a tough one, been through a lot. So I would be careful Sam." Rupert said.

"Well I can give her support." The guy winked. Roan pulled a face and chucked the last of her drink on him. It was only a splash, but it was enough to annoy him. He pulled back as the blue substance stained the jacket.

"Don't worry, it will wash." She said. People began sniggering.

"You don't want to mess with me girly."

Roan then felt a burst of anger and she got up and flipped Sam straight on his back and sat on his middle, which pinned him down.

"Don't call me girly...Sam." She snarled blasting her eys out at him and staring straight into his also bright green eyes.

"Roan." Drew shouted.

"Ok get off me and we will deal with this a better way." He said his eyes returning to a dark hazel colour. Roan climbed off him and Rupert slid another drink for her across the bar, giving her a bit of a shocked look. People were now looking and staring as she sat down.

"Ok how?" She asked.

"Cards." He said.

"Fine." Roan smiled. Her parents had taught her a handy trick when she was younger with card games. If a Breathing Spirits was devoured again, they would become even more powerful. It was like a pro instead of an amateur. The Double devour gives the Breathing Spirit a sort of sixth sense. Roan obviously was normal, so her parents taught her a way to see things without a sixth sense. It was cheating, but when she had the chance, she would take it. This was a lot better then the double devour which if not done right could kill you and you be one extremely dangerous.

Sam was also normal and by the bite mark on his neck, he was devoured, not born. Roan leapt off the stool with her drink and went to one of the tables. Drew stood behind Roan's chair and whispered in her ear.

"I hope you know what you're doing."

"I do." Roan said back as she watched Sam deal the cards. They then began to play. She picked up cards and put them down and used her secret weapon.

A little while passed and eventually with a small on his face Sam put down all red diamonds.

"Looks like I won." He said. Roan looked down and then threw her cards in their arrangement on the table.

"I don't think so." She said as everyone stared at her set of black spades. Sam chuckled and shook his head.

"I owe you a drink." He said. She nodded and they went back up to the bar. After that she got to know pretty much everyone in that tiny place and she grew to like the men and women sat around her. Drew seemed to have fun too and that's when Sam asked the question.

"You know Drew, we could use someone like you. When you are fully transformed, do you and Roan fancy joining us?" He asked. Roan looked at Drew.

"I have something that I need to do, but I'm sure when Drew has finished his transformation, he will find you and join you."

"Why what's this you have to do?" Sam asked.

"Private business that I cannot speak a word of." She said.

"Well if you meet the three on your travels give them a punch from me!" Sam laughed. Roan joined him and felt slightly awkward about the whole thing, so she tried to change the subject.

By two in the morning Roan and Drew decided they would go. Roan tried to pay Rupert, but he wouldn't take it.

"Just stay safe out there the pair of you and come back as soon as possible!" He said. They nodded and waved at everyone before stepping out into the clear night sky. She hooked arms with her cousin as they walked to the car.

"Did you really mean that I could go with them?" He asked.

"Yeah if you want to." She said. "Sorry Drew, but I can't bring you to the mission. I'll take you on a couple of my outings to find Number Two, but you will be fully transformed in a few days, I can tell as you all ready get the traces of green in your eyes. You wont need the full moon to be complete, it doesn't work the same way for you as it did me. Your body changes officially when it is ready and it doesn't have to be on a full moon the first time. That's why it's so dangerous." Roan explained. Drew nodded and they climbed into the car. "But Drew, we will have to sort you out a proper outfit and find you a motor bike." She said.

Drew laughed as she pressed her foot down and drove away from the little cosy bar. Roan was now more then ready to find her goal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.2K 23
(Y/n) was a simplistic girl living in a town full of abnormal things which consists of heroes and villains. Her parents always kept her out of harms...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...
118K 7.3K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
10.9K 304 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...