A Spot Conlon Fanfiction: Mys...

By FReeLife4

She is a smart mouthed, tough, big headed girl with one twisted life. Regardless of who she is, she isn't af... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Reality
Chapter 3: Many Meetings
Chapter 4: Nightmares Become Reality
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 7: Just Messin' Around
Chapter 8: No More Hiding
Chapter 9: Trouble
Chapter 10: Thee Meeting
Chapter 11: Revealed
Chapter 12: Closer
Chapter 13: Swimming
Chapter 14: Gettin' Hurt
Update
Chapter 15: Nightmares, Revenge, and Feelings
Chapter 16: Escaping
Chapter 17: Little Talks
Chapter 18: The Truth Hurts
Chapter 19: Connections
Update!!!!!
Chapter 20: Well Damn

Chapter 6: Difficulties

2.2K 34 2
By FReeLife4

"Mys, wake up." I heard a firm voice say. "Mys? Did ya hear me?" It was Spot. I groaned and slowly nodded towards him, not opening my eyes. I buried my face further into my pillow and snuggled deep into the comforter around me. I was completely content. The sheets smelt like fresh cotton and were warm from my body heat. There was no way I was moving anytime too soon.

"Mys!" I didn't respond. Suddenly I felt a cold hand around my forearm. It yanked me clear out of bed. The cold air surrounded me as I tripped on the comforter beneath my feet and blasted into Spots bare chest.

"Hey" I whined. When I came to my eyes widened. Both my hands were planted on his smooth chest for balance. I ogled at his body. He was bare foot and wearing nothing but a pair of tan trouser. He was a lot more muscular than I expected. His skin was very smooth and was a fair tan color. A couple freckles peppered his shoulders and arms and I could see some veins popping out of his forearms. After a couple seconds of shock, the nerves got to me and I took a deep breath. Spot's sent filled my nose. He smelt like fresh air and pine. I slowly raised my head and looked into Spot's eyes as he glared down at me. I was terrified of what he might do or say next.

"See something yous like, doll face?" he smirked and leaned down, closer towards my face. He was so close that his nose was almost touching mine. I squinted and then shook my head to clear my nerves.

"No!" I squeaked with attitude as I pushed Spot away from me. He shoved his hands in his trouser pockets as he laughed and backed away from me.

"Get ready princess" he said as he returned to the bathroom. I ran my fingers through my hair still a bit nervous about our confrontation. I quietly walked over to my dresser. My feet bushed the wood flooring and made a hushed shuffling sound that echoed through the room. I pulled out a dark brown pair of trousers and a light blue button up top. Still standing next to the dresser, I leaned back and peeped into the bathroom to make sure Spot was occupied with something. I didn't want him, or anyone else for that matter, to see me changing. I was self conscious, especially after Victor left several marks on me from his 'fun times'. Spot was standing in the mirror slicking his dirt blonde hair back. I was in the clear. I quickly unbuttoned my large night shirt and let it fall to the ground as I swiftly put the clean, soft, blue shirt on. I swept my hair out from under the shirt before furiously buttoning it. I looked back into the bathroom again before slipping my trousers on. They were kind of tight in the butt, but they would have to do.

I paused for a moment to catch my breath before grabbing my bandage from on top of the dresser and heading towards the bathroom. I looked around and noticed Spot attaching some red suspenders to his trousers in his room. He won't notice, I thought as I unbuttoned the first few buttons on my shirt. I delicately began wrapping my chest, giving a few quick and tight tugs every time I came back around. The bandage pinched my skin and I whimpered.

"Damn it" I hissed to myself.

"Need help there?" I suddenly turned around to face Spot, bumping my hip into the corn of the sink and biting my lip to hide the pain.

"I'ms fine" I growled."Is been doin' dis a while."

"Well wes don't have time to wait around for yous to get ready, Mys. Wes gotta get our papes." He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around so my back faced him. Then he slowly removed my shirt from my shoulders, so it hung around my hips. I shivered as his fingers grazed my shoulders and his breath hit the back of my neck.

"Give me the bandage."

"Spot I can dos it myself."

"Now." He snapped. I quickly handed him the bandage that was still partially wrapped around my chest. He continued wrapping it around me quickly and tugged more fiercely. I whimpered again, as it pinched my skin and I moved forward – away from the pain. I twitched as I felt Spot's hand grasp my hip and guide me back towards him.

"Stop movin'. It'll take longer."

"You're hurtin'." Spot released my hip. Suddenly the tugging wasn't so fierce and the wrapping slowed down. Did he actually care? I thought.

"Turn around." Spot demanded. I turned to face Spot's straight face and piercing eyes looking down at me. He focused as he wrapped the bandage around me one more time and carefully tucked it in the previous wraps. He started to grab the shirt that laid on my hips when he paused.

"What's that?" he questioned glancing down and pointing at the large scar that decorated my lower rib cage and down to my hip bone on my right side. My eyes widened and I began to panic. I needed to come up with some kind of lie.

"Oh ya know, just a present from a past soakin'." Spot glared down at me and squinted. I noticed that he always does that when he doesn't truly believe someone. Hopefully, my lie was good enough for now. I didn't necessarily wish to tell him about Victor and his drunken rampages. I smiled slightly to ease the tension. Spot now focused on my bare arms. He continued to reach for my shirt and lifted it so I could guide my arms through the holes. I started to button up my shirt, my fingers trembling a little, as Spot turned away and started to walk towards his room.

"Hurry up and gets ready. Wes should have left by now" he said impatiently.

"Spot?" he paused and glanced over his shoulder at me. "Thanks." He responded by nodding curtly and exiting the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and grabbed the comb Spot left above the sink. I started delicately picking through my massively tangled hair, as not to damage it. I started growing impatient. When that appeared to make no progress, I started ripping through the snarls in my hair. Once my hair was smooth and tangle free I twisted it up into a tight bun , tied it, and placed my newsie cap over it.

"Mys. Now. Wes don't have all day!" Spot yelled in the other room.

"Hold ya horses. Is almost ready." I growled back before splashing some cold water on my face. I grabbed a towel and patted my face dry before exciting the bathroom to grab my tooth brush on the night stand. I entered the bathroom again and began brushing my teeth when Spot's reflection appeared in the mirror. He was leaning on the door frame of his room glaring at me.

"Mys. Is not goin' to tell yous again."

"Patience is a virtue ya know" I sassed back through the excess tooth paste and saliva in my mouth.

"Well it ain't one of mines. Lets go!" He snapped passing me in the bathroom, through my room and down the stairs. I spit and glanced over my shoulder to watch him.

"Geez, yous and Jack both." I whispered. I flipped the switch in the bathroom and walked towards the edge of my bed. I sat down and quickly slipped my shoes on before Spot had a major hissy fit. I zipped down the stairs and into the main room where all the newsies were. They were all in groups chatting among themselves. Spot was commiserating with Ace, Sunny and a couple other newsies I didn't recognize. While he talked, Spot spun is stylish pimp cane around. As soon as I hit the floor, everyone quieted down and glared at me. I awkwardly looked around the room and started to move towards Spot and his group.

"Well would ya look at that. She's finally ready." Spot said chuckling to his newsies. I glared at him as some of the surrounding boys made kissing sounds towards me.

"Yous look good sweetheart." "Nice disguise doll face" a couple shouted out.

"Enough!" Spot growled at them. It fell deadly silent and all the boys looked at the ground as if they were being scolded. I smirked a bit. "Lets move out. Mys, up front." Spot demanded as we started heading towards the door. I walked in between Ace and Sunny while Spot walk directly in front of me.

"Mys, this is Sunny." Ace said placing his hand on my back and introducing me to the red haired, brown eyed boy next to me. "I believe you sat next to him, last night."

"Yes, I remember. Hows you doin?" I said smiling towards Sunny.

"Oh just swell Mys. Thanks for askin'." He smilied back at me with a crooked smile. I cocked my head at him and the returned to walking. He reminded me of Crutchy. Oh Crutchy!, I thought. God I missed him and his smile. He could make anyone feel better.

"And this is Bird and Shot" Ace said redirecting my gaze towards the two boys on his left. Bird was about the same height as Ace. He has gorgeous blue eyes and light brown curly hair. His bangs were long and started to fold over onto his forehead and peak out from under his newsie cap. I must admit he is pretty attractive. Shot was equal in height and had straight, dark brown hair that was slicked back under his newsie cap. His green eyes were mesmerizing. I smiled at the two of them.

"Hows it rollin'?" I said, trying to be polite.

"Pretty good" Shot said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and smirked at him.

"Hows 'bout you?" Bird chimed in. I glanced forward at Spot who was strutting in front of us.

"Can't complain" I stated back, smiling slightly. As we continued walking to get our papes, the boys fooled around and whipped jokes at each other. A few shot objects with their sling shots as they were walking. Instead of joining in with the fun, I kept my mouth shut and glared at my feet hitting the ground as I shuffled with the crowd.

Once we arrived, the boys shoved each other in line to get a good spot. Everyone wanted their papes first. Well, second I guess because Spot claimed the first place in line. Spot got 100 papes and as he paid he glanced over his should and directly at me. I suppose he wanted to make sure I hadn't run off. I waited in line impatiently as Sunny and Ace, who were in front of me, got their papes. They moved to the side, once they received their desired amount, and stood by Spot glancing over the headlines.

"Um... thirty papes. Please." I said nervously at the window. The dispatcher chuckled at the low amount and Bird, Shot, and several newsies behind me burst out laughing.

"Only thirty?" Shot giggled.

"Must not sell well" Spot chimed in smirking at me. I furrowed my eyebrows and glared back at him.

"Is can sell all the papes Is can get my hands on! Is just prefer thirty. Yous got a problem?" I spun around to face the newsies laughing at me and showed them my fists which were ready to strike.

"Oooo" the crowd sounded. I started to take a step towards the laughing mob, before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Get ya papes and lets go."

I shifted to see Spot behind me and glaring down at me. One hand was on my shoulder while the other held his stack of papes that rested on his shoulder. I shook my shoulder to remove his grip, paid and grabbed my papes. I trailed behind him as we left the rest of the newsies to go and sell our papes.

"Yous didn't have to say that yous know" I said quietly.

"Excuse me?" Spot responded not turning around.

"Back there" I clarified "Is can sell and good."

"Whatever yous say princess." That's it!, I thought. I shot in front of Spot and turned to face him – blocking his way.

"Is can! And I'ms not a princess" I snapped standing on my tip toes and getting in his face. God! He's ridiculous! I glared at him hard waiting for a response. Spot smirked and leaned down close to my face. I could feel his breath on my lips.

"Sure yous can..." I narrowed my eyes at him. "princess." My eyes widened and I breathed in deep trying to restrict myself from punching him. Spot smiled at my annoyance and walked around me.

"Ugh!" I growled as I turned around and trudged after Spot.

"I'll tell yous what, prove mes wrong." I slowly lifted my head to meet Spots gaze as he stood in front of me.

"I'ms listenin'" I sassed, placed my right hand on my hip and balanced my papes on my left shoulder.

"If yous sell all those papes, I'll tell the boys Is was wrong" he smirked at me.

"What! No yous wouldn't! Yous too proud!" Spot narrowed his eyes at me to warn me about my mouth. He then raised his hand and spit in it and held it out waiting for me to accept. I sighed and raised my hand, spit and slowly clasped Spots. The spit oozed in between my fingers and I looked away and started gagging. Spot chuckled and tilted his head to look at me. I glared at him out of the corn of my eye to show my deepest unappreciation of the spit shake.

"Lets go" He said releasing my hand and walking away.

We began shouting out headlines as we walked. Everyone flooded towards Spot, snatching up his papes, while only a few traveled towards me. I continued to yell the headlines, hoping to catch others attention. I even grabbed a pape and started waving it in the air to capture their attention. My jaw dropped as a majority of the crowd headed towards Spot for their papes. What the hell! I'm shouting the same as him. Furiously I walked closer towards Spot and started waving my pape in the air again, shouting out the headlines. Successfully, a few stragglers came towards me and purchased my papes. I smiled towards Spot who only smirked and shook his head as he looked at the ground. I continued to follow Spot around the crowded Brooklyn streets, shouting and waving for a couple hours.

"Done." He said spinning around after selling his last pape.

"What. I still have..." I paused while I shuffled through the papes and counted them.

"Ten." I shook my head at Spot's response.

"Ten. How'd yous know that?" I said looking down at the ground ashamed and then glancing back up at Spot how was smirking at me.

"Is kept count of how many yous sold. Is must admit yous did better than Is expected, but yous still proved mys point – yous can't sell 'em all."

"Is sell them all in 'Hattan" I defended.

"Right" he said smirking and turning away from me. I threw my extra papes on the ground, grabbed his arm, and yanked as hard as I could. It was barely enough to faze him, but he still turned around to face me. His face was stern and his eyes glared down at my red face.

"Spot I can! Why can't Is sell them here?" he frowned at me, clearly seeing how much this upset me.

"Look ya new here. Nobodys seen ya before. Nowbody knows ya. Give it some time sweet face." He placed a hand on my shoulder to comfort me and we headed home.

~ So, Spot and Mys... Spicing up the relationship a bit. I hope you liked it. I promise to write more soon. Thanks for your patience and thanks for reading!!!! ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 1.8K 26
Avery Conlon is the twin sister of Spot Conlon, making the two the king and queen of Brooklyn. Spot is overprotective of his sister so what happens w...
28.9K 605 12
(Highest ranking - #1 in #womeninpower 03/10/19) ~Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to keep the boys safe~ Crown Tuck is the leader of the Quee...
615K 12.9K 48
"What don't I know about Brooklyn?" "She ain't goin' ta Brooklyn." <>
66.7K 759 16
Joss Kelly is the younger sister of Manhattan Newsie Jack Kelly. Joss is the only female Newsie in Manhattan, so she hides behind the alias of Jace K...