Her

By Rubius15

At the age of 15 I found my mate. Five months after, I was rejected. All those stories, where your mate wil... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
A/N

Chapter 19

9K 284 13
By Rubius15

We pull up to a small quaint little log cabin. Smoke is floating out of the chimney and lights can be seen coming out of the windows.

Derek parks in front of the door and Travis parks beside us.

I stare at the log cabin, it looks like it could be part of a little red ridding hood set. Gramma's house, in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by aery trees.

We pile out of the vehicle.

"What is this place?" Travis asks me as he gets out of his drivers seat.

"Depends." I say heading for the door.

"On what?" He asks again following us.

"How good you've been," Eric says in a sly voice that could indicate a thousands things.

Travis doesn't say anything and Derek gives me a confused look. I shrug and open the door.

One Way can be many things, it all depends on who your are and what you need.

Inside the log cabin is one big room. In the middle is a wooden desk with a secretary behind it. Lining the wall are chairs and a few people waiting their turn.

"Seriously," I hear Travis whisper. "What is this place?"

I roll my eyes when I hear Preston's reply.

"It's Gramma's house."

I walk up to the desk and clear my throat getting the secretary's attention.

"How may I help you?" She asks in a high pitched voice, batting her purple eyes at Derek.

I want to rip out her blue hair from their roots, but I hold back. No need to make a commotion Yet.

"We're here to see Saxon." I reply in a certain tone.

"Saxon is busy at the moment." She replies quickly giving me a small glare as if I interrupted her.

"Ok, well I'll just call him then. To let him know I'm here and all." I say in an overly cheerful voice.

I reach over the desk and take the phone from her desk, it's a business phone. One with a cord attached to it, which means I have to lean over to bring it to my ear. I gladly do it, considering it pisses the secretary.

I dial Gayle's office number and wait from him to pick up.

"Hello?" He asks hesitantly as though he's never answered a phone before.

"Hey Gayle, Rose here. Your secretary wasn't letting me come down. Something about you being busy." I say smiling at her.

Her purple eyes widen in surprise.

"What?! That little nymph! Tell her to let you down, if she won't I'm calling back in two minutes." He hangs up angrily. The secretary takes this as a sign that he doesn't know me and doesn't wish to see me.

"I'm sorry miss, you'll have to sit down and wait your turn." She eyes Derek again making my roll my eyes.

"Do you really not know this guy?" Travis asks coming beside me.

"Look lady," I say with a sigh ignoring Travis. "Im Alpha Rosalie Talon. If you let me down now, you won't be getting a call in two minutes from an angry dwarf who'll want to fire you. Trust me, he's done it before, he won't care if you've got a family or no where else to go. So does us both a favor and send us down."

She opens and closes her mouth a few times. "I'm sorry alpha Rosalie, I can't let you down unless I'm told its ok."

I scoff, "That's a death wish when it comes to Gayle." I turn around and walk to the chairs.

I settle myself down and wait for the two minutes to be up. Saxon will be angry, but I can't bring myself to care about the nymph eyeing my beta as if he were her toy.

As time ticks by I can tell everyone is getting impatient, especially Axel. Eric is the only one who seams to be enjoy himself in the tense silence. I think he's even humming, right next to Axel.

Eric stand up after getting bored of Axel's angry expression. He starts to flirt with the nymph making her giggle and smile with pleasure from the attention she's getting. Better from Eric than from Derek.

The floor board in the corner lifts up revealing a very pissed Gayle. As he's lifted up his eyes search the waiting room until they land on the nymph.

The secretary notices him. Her purple eyes grow wide open with fear.

"You little-" he starts as he marches towards her. His face red as a tomato.

"Saxon!" I call standing up cutting him off. As much as I don't like the nymph, he needs to calm down a little.

I brush off the imaginary dust, buying myself some time.

"We have business to get to,' I say walking up to him. " I have a limited amount of time, so lets get going."

His green oval eyes snap to the nymph before he huffs. "Fine." He marches back into the corner and I follow him with the others behind me.

"You brought a few people with you," Saxon remarks.

"Guess so," I reply standing next to him, he reaches my waist. I think he grew a little since I last saw him.

I look back at the nymph, she's looking at me with gratitude. I glare back at her, just because I saved her ass doesn't mean I like her.

The floor underneath us drops down a little before slowly bringing us down. We're brought into a room with four doors. The floor above us closes shut as we're set on the ground.

Gayle gets off the platform and I follow him, with everyone behind us, to the door on the left.

"I got a few things you'll be wanting to hear," Gayle says in a ruff tone indicating he's been smoking again.

He opens the door and we're hit with the noise. Machines working, cranking, buzzing, steaming and voices yelling over the noise.

Saxon walks in as if there isn't a parade of chimpanzees and a war going on through the door.

We walk along to wall, avoiding all the chemicals and machines. And most importantly, the workers.

Saxon leads us to his office, a red door that's at the end of the machine room.

"I see you haven't been upgraded!" I joke over the noise.

I hear Gayle scoff before pushing open his door. When he steps inside the room comes to life with light.

I walk in behind him with everyone in tow. The office is just as messy as it always is, papers everywhere, books stacked on bookshelves on their side or upside down. Little gadgets litter the floor here and there.

Gayle climbs over the obstacles on his way to his desk.

"Close the door will ya pal?" Saxon says.

I look behind me to catch Preston closing the door. When it's securely shut the noise disappears leaving no evidence behind of the racket going on.

I brush off on of the chairs in front of Saxon's desk and sit down. I glance back to see how everyone is processing One Way.

Travis gaps at the cluttered room, Preston seams disgusted by the dust on the shelves and unkept clutter. Eric doesn't seam bothered by anything, as usual. Derek looks impatient, probably done with Gayle and our journey to Gramma's house. Ray looks around the room, I can't read what he's thinking.

I don't dare look at Axel. So I turn back around and watch Gayle rummage through his desk.

"Wouldn't kill you to clean up a little," Axel mumbles.

"Actually it would," Saxon states pulling out a stack of papers. He doesn't elaborate on the subject.

"You wanted me to look at the Spirit family, Daxen Spirit, Adelaide Spirit and Dustin Spirit. Well, this is what I came up with."

I lean forward a little wanting to see the papers. "Anything interesting?" I ask out loud.

"Yah, actually. I thought ya might want a look. Maybe be yourself but if you're comfortable with everyone here, then.."

I nod my head not trusting my voice otherwise I may say no. Axel would never leave the room, so I wouldn't be able to know what's written in those papers if I said no.

"Well at first the Spirit family seamed like a normal Wizard family till I got the dirt. The Spirit family was known as a strong, pure bread wizarding and witch family. They were considered Elites 'cause of that."

"What's that?" Travis asks making everyone roll their eyes.

"Elites are like alpha's," Ray says in a duh tone. "The strongest. Except in this case the Elites would be like packs of pure Alphas."

Gayle glares at everyone making sure there'd be no more interruptions.

"Now, the Spirits have been documented back to the early 120s, but knowing the wizarding and witch history, they must have been around before then. The last known Spirits are Adelaide and Dustin, brother and sister. Their parents were Leana and Braydon Spirit, who were strong about being pure. They set up marriages for their children since they were born.

"Leana and Braydon Spirit died, murdered by a pack of rogues and vampires. Their fortune and title passed to Adelaide and Dustin. In their parents will it was that they'd be wed to the designated partners. Dustin Spirit with Bridgedela Cane and Adelaide Spirit to Daxen Morce.

"The two were only 9 and 7 years old, neither marriage age. Daxen being the oldest took them in, promising to take care of them till they could wed. Since Adelaide was his bride and Dustin her brother, therefore his brother in law. Daxen took the Spirit name, along with the inherited fortune. He was known to travel a lot, some wouldn't hear from him for years. But he became well known after he took in his bride and brother in law.

"Daxen Spirit would be seen abusing the children. He also became someone to fear. He started to manipulate rogues and packs to yield under his command. He always said it was to protect the children from their fears of dying like their parents had. And so the witch and wizarding comunit couldn't intervene 'cause it was for the greater good of two of their own,

"The Spirits disappeared off the map completely fifty years ago. Never seen or heard from. Rumors have it Daxen killed Adelaide and Dustin, took their money and ran. But few weeks ago, he was spotted again, he was alone. Its said he was recruiting.

"For what?" Travis questions making Gale give him a sharp glare.

"For war," I whisper.

Gale nods, "Yes, from what I've gathered he's preparing for war. Now Daxen is powerful, but what these documents say about him controlling packs and rogues. Vampires even, those aren't powers he could have possessed. Daxen's line of work are curses, torture, not manipulation. Im suspecting Adelaide and Dustin are still alive and he's controlling their powers somehow."

There's a few seconds of silence.

"Is that it?" Axel asks breaking the thick silence.

Gale's eyes catch mine, there's more he doesn't want to tell.

"From what I've gathered in a few hours, yes." Gale snaps. "Now I'm very busy so scoot!"

The door opens letting in the loud noises back in. I stand up and thank Gale.

"Lets get back to the pack house," I say ushering everyone to the door.

"Rose, I'd like to have a word." Saxon says not moving from his desk.

Derek turns to me, and I nod my head saying its ok.

"I'll be a few minutes." I say closing the door behind them.

"Don't worry, they'll be shown the way back up." Hale says relaxing into his chair.

"What's this about?"

Gale leans forward in his chair, "You're going against him aren't'cha?"

I roll my eyes, that much is obvious.

"Your package will be there tomorrow. But I've got another thing for ya," He flicks a paper my way and I catch it with ease.

"What's this?" I ask unfolding the paper.

"You remember our first encounter, the deed you wanted done. Well its finished, everything is on that paper right there. I'm surprised by the results, you may not wanna read it with others around."

I glance at the paper, it's blank, Wait, no. Slowly ink creeps onto the paper, spelling out information.

I crumble the paper back in a ball not ready to look at it just yet. What kind of results did Gale get?

"If ya need anything, just give me a call."

I nod at Gale, "Thanks Saxon."

I stuff the paper in my pocket and walk out the door closing it behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 5.1K 26
For as long as i can remember i have had a big crush on my brothers best friend who is also our next in line Alpha, Asher Field then after my brother...
601K 16.6K 32
Hi, my names is Jasmine Johnston. When I was in high school I was bullied and hated by everyone in my pack and before you ask no I was not the omega...
791 42 13
"I Alpha Jason Huntsman of the Blue Moon Pack reject you Esmeray Woodsmith of the Blue Moon pack as my mate." My knees feel weak and my whole body st...
1.8M 50K 30
Mates, my parents told me that it would make me happy, ecstatic, over-joyed, excited, and anything but sadness and rejection. And I got the exact opp...